FCA beta alpha fundraiser

Couch Tomato

Hey everybody, Playbiller gave me a great idea for a fundraiser and I'd love some help fleshing it out and gauging the interest.

We were thinking of having a bidding thread where we would have Clay memorabilia as well as non Clay items with all profits going TBAF.

So we'd open up a bidding thread and then open it bids. People post to bid it up and at a specified time (a few days), the thread is closed and arrangements are made for payment and delivery. If someone defaults it goes to the next highest bidder and the person can't bid again.

So I'd like some feedback on the best way to do it.

1. how many items should we put up to bid at once. maybe allow bidding for a week? Or should we put up say items, let the bidding go on for three days..then add 10 more items.

2. Money..I'm thinking each seller would deal with their own item, collect the money, and submit the donation to TBAF (100% so this would have to be a donated item for the fundraiser) for your own taxes but with our beta alpha chapter.

3. Can you volunteer to help organize and run the fundraiser. We'd need maybe 3 or 4 people to organize everything. We'd need a few people to start, stop, and watch over the bidding threads.

4. We need donations. Do you nice items that you can donate for the cause. It can be Clay stuff or anything that you'd like to donate. Keep in mind shipping costs. Don't list your items here in this thread.. Please PM and I will track it. Of course as we get closer we'll advertise some of the prize items that will be up for bid.

And for those who have no comment..just start saving money so you can buy something :hahaha:

Remember when you PM me, just let me know what you have to donate.... we'll work together for a decent opening bid that would include shipping costs. Remember this can be clay stuff or non clay stuff - jewelry, or oh just anything. I'm more interested in seeing what people have to donate.

Ok off to clean out my pm box which is at 96% full!

Love the idea!

1. I think 10 items is a lot at once...how about 4-5?

2. Everyone submitting their own money would probably be best; not to sound negative, would it be wise to then forward a receipt showng the donation made to someone to keep track of? What about those of us in Canada?

4. Have already PM'd you and will have other things as time goes on.

Hey everybody, Playbiller gave me a great idea for a fundraiser and I'd love some help fleshing it out and gauging the interest.

We were thinking of having a bidding thread where we would have Clay memorabilia as well as non Clay items with all profits going TBAF.

So we'd open up a bidding thread and then open it bids. People post to bid it up and at a specified time (a few days), the thread is closed and arrangements are made for payment and delivery. If someone defaults it goes to the next highest bidder and the person can't bid again.

So I'd like some feedback on the best way to do it.

1. how many items should we put up to bid at once. maybe allow bidding for a week? Or should we put up say items, let the bidding go on for three days..then add 10 more items. I think 3 or 4 items will be the most to keep track of in one thread.

2. Money..I'm thinking each seller would deal with their own item, collect the money, and submit the donation to TBAF (100% so this would have to be a donated item for the fundraiser) for your own taxes but with our beta alpha chapter. sounds good

3. Can you volunteer to help organize and run the fundraiser. We'd need maybe 3 or 4 people to organize everything. We'd need a few people to start, stop, and watch over the bidding threads. Because of my tax volunteer work, I'm only available in the evenings starting Feb.

4. We need donations. Do you nice items that you can donate for the cause. It can be Clay stuff or anything that you'd like to donate. Keep in mind shipping costs. Don't list your items here in this thread.. Please PM and I will track it. Of course as we get closer we'll advertise some of the prize items that will be up for bid. I have plenty of things I could offer.

Is this only open to FCA members? Or will it be off the message board?

Is there anything we can't sell?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to set a minimum bid.

Good idea & good points made by Claygary & Fear. :clap:

I agree that 10 items at a time would be too many. I think 3-5 at a time would be better.

With school, work & work, I don't know how much I can keep track of, but I'll find some way to help.

Oh yeah, I still need to :huh-bwah: finish :hahaha: unpacking :hysterical: , so I'll have plenty of stuff I can donate!

What a neat idea! I can't do the boards in the daytime right now, but I would be able to monitor in the evenings for the most part. I do have a few items I can donate though.

Is there a target date for this?

Playbiller you had some good points that I remember reading. Sorry you took it down. I know you suggested making it an official thing.. I will try to submit something but either way works.

Love the idea!

1. I think 10 items is a lot at once...how about 4-5?

2. Everyone submitting their own money would probably be best; not to sound negative, would it be wise to then forward a receipt showng the donation made to someone sto keep track of? What about those of us in Canada?

Every item can have it's own thread. We'll figure out how many at a time to do when we see how many donations we get.

Is this only open to FCA members? Or will it be off the message board?

Is there anything we can't sell?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to set a minimum bid.

I think the auction items will be donations by FCA members..but anyone can bid. I can make the threads open to all without a password. They will have to pay in order to have the item shipped. Ahha..Play what you said is coming back to me. If they don't pay or if there is funny business the second bidder will win and the person is not allowed to bid on anything else.

I like the minimum bid idea...

Target date: I'm thinking first week in March. That will give us some time to try to make it an official thing..if possible.. so I'll say tentatively the first of March.

I wll start sorting through what we have. Remember the can be Clay items or not... I hope to get at least 20 donations.

Target date: I'm thinking first week in March. That will give us some time to try to make it an official thing..if possible.. so I'll say tentatively the first of March.

OK. I'm going to try very hard to make myself stick to a schedule when I get home in the evenings this week, which includes getting some more of my unpacking tackled. I hope to have a list for you by next weekend.

Don't forget..we need items. I want to try to write aron by Monday so it would be good to have an idea of what we will have for auction. It's not a final final cut off date but if you can get me the info that would be great.

We would also need a photo of the item if possible.

And last..we need a name for the fundraiser? Any ideas?

I like Auction for Inclusion! What about FCA Auctions for Inclusion? Or, FCA, where fans of Clay come to donate? FCA, where fans of Clay pay to let others play... wow, that's really long.

Auction for Inclusion is really nice and to the point.

:unsure:

Just my two cents.