Gala 2009 - After Gala Breakfast

FromClaygary

New Post-Gala Breakfast Info!!:

YES!!! :dancingpickle: I FINALLY have a confirmation IN WRITING from a restaurant that is looking forward to hosting our breakfast on Sunday, Oct 18th and has really gone out of their way to facilitate us.

Here is the new information:

Our Post-Gala breakfast celebration will be at:

Tyr na nOg Irish Pub and Restaurant

Located at: 218 S. Blount St

It is an easy 4-block walk from the Marriott Map here

The restaurant is accessible.

Although they normally don't open until 10:30 AM, they will facilitate us this day by opening at 10 AM for us....I'm hoping that will assist those leaving early in the afternoon a little, so that they can join us!

They serve a wonderfully varied Sunday brunch for $11.95, and we will be having the brunch.

We will also have access to a DVR player and screen!....so we can play clack from the night before!! :dancingpickle:

I think this is a great (maybe even better :) ) alternative to the Marriott *thumbnose* and hope all of you will be able to join us there.

Once again, PLEASE do PM or add a note here if you have opted in and are NOT going to be able to attend, so that we can advise the (very helpful) restaurant folks what to expect.

Good luck on the ticket hunt!!

................................................................................

On the list so far (08/21/09):

FromClaygary

me myb

claymatron

ncgran4clay

cam552000

smartcookie

kareneh + 3

claywithme

Marcia

Preden

Shirleygov1 + Pat

jmh123

lilyshine

ncgurrl

permaswooned

couchie

2old4clay

artz11

fear0fH20

claylove

georgiesmybaby

Sammie

luckiest1

luckiestdaughter

disneykid

merrieeee + 3

kimiye

evelyn+3

CAlurker+1

WPBClayfan

celebhith

Thankful4Clay

canfly172

Justclay12

Nickikiwi

YeahYoureGifted+1

lovesclayalot +1

luvhisvox

allclaylong

Lotus

ldyjocelyn

allclaylong

cablelady (cablegirl)

cotton

claytonsgirl

ClayizzaQT

Educlaytor

kcudawg

61 to here

................................................................................

I will be there. Permaswooned will probably be there also. I would think a lot of people might be interested in attending. It worked well last time for people to just come on down, find a seat in the back room, hit the buffet and pay individually.

Yay!! Yes, I'll be there with ncgurrl. Hope to get to meet some more people this time. couchie I can't believe we didn't get to "spa" while you were in SoCal, so I'll be flying to see you as well.

There is a pool at the hotel. just saying.

Brunch is not 9am. 9am is breakfast, lol.

Make it 10:30 or 11:00 and you might have a deal, lmao. :cryingwlaughter:

If I can get a ticket (more in my price range than $1000), I've decided to go this year. I've never been to a Gala. I've booked a hotel room.

If all goes well, I'll be up late uploading clack and sleeping in until 10, lol.

Anybody interested in putting together a smaller later seating, let me know... :hello:

Sounds like there is some interest in having an after-Gala breakfast again this year.

Last year we held it HERE in the hotel. They have a buffet brunch which is very nice at $12.95 (last year's price) and were able to put us in a private room at the back of the restaurant.

I believe we chose 9 AM last year.

If you would like to be included, please add your name to the thread, and as time nears I will make the arrangements with the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! :)

Can this be shared with our friends at other boards? Some may post here and some may not.

Can this be shared with our friends at other boards? Some may post here and some may not.

sure!

Perma.. I know. I was sick 2 days I was there...didn't say anything cuz I'm always whining when I'm sick. heh. It wasn' that horrible but just enough to be annoying. And then I didn't rent a car while there and I was too scared to drive their huge SUV. I will probably rent one in Raleigh..depending on what else I decide to do while there.

Hi,

I would like to attend the Gala this year. Never been. Can you add me and

my friend Pat to the list? Also, can anyone tell me the name of the hotel so I can make reservations, you can email me at pg98642000@yahoo.com. I'd really appreciate it! Shirl

I've moving this post which got lost in the wrong thread, and I edited it accordingly.

:hello:

Please add myself and my friend Marcia to the list.

Thanks so much. It's my first time and I got confused. Someday I'll get the hang of this.

I've moving this post which got lost in the wrong thread, and I edited it accordingly.

:hello:

Please add myself and my friend Marcia to the list.

Thanks so much. It's my first time and I got confused. Someday I'll get the hang of this.

By the way, do you know how I can remove the words dog walker from my profile. I see it when I post. I have no idea where it comes from. I don't even have a dog.