#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Caladryl clear works great and doesn't turn you into a pink-spotted critter like the Calamine lotion my mom used to use on us kids. Don't drink it.

Does Benedryl make a topical lotion? I didn't know that!

But yeah, the mosquitoes are terrible right now! Itchy itch is RIGHT!

*itches all over*

Liquid Benadryl gets right at the itch. I've never tested it with multiple bites, but it works really fast when I have just two or three.

Hi jmh! Just want to clarify, Liquid Benadryl taken orally or used in place of calamine lotion? I don't have any but there's a CVS right around the corner... :thankyou:

Just in case JMH isn't here (dont' see her at the bottom), Benadryl is an antihistamine and reduces the body's response. Calamine is a topical that soothes the itch--so you can use both (and the Benadryl may take awhile to work).

One of the Clay cards is from his Fantasy performance right? When he was a guest?

That's what I've read. I'm afraid to buy any more though, in case I ended up with a handful of Simons or something... :imgtongue:

Mmmm, tuxedo. :tasty: I'm glad they picked a dressed-up night for the full-body shot on the card--even though I love striped shirts to death!

I use the Benadryl Clear Gel, and it's applied topically, and works great for bug bites and plant allergies. Oooooo my sis was doing a charity walkathon this weekend so she probably needs a bottle right now.

Clay content: I'm so excited about next Saturday night!!!!

And I FLOVE his answer about the Hometown Connection where he joked about being jealous that Frankie Munoz was a star. I loved it when he said it was surreal reading the question, and that people would tell him he would be a big star someday but he never believed it. And he still has to pinch himself. I'm happy that he's so happy that he still needs to pinch himself. What a darling man he is. I hope he's pinching for a long time. He may need a bottle of Benadryl himself!

HBD, preden!!!

:happybirthday02:

Whew! Just got back from an attempt at hiking and after all these years in Houston, I just found out the most important thing to know about it -- Do NOT attempt to go hiking after it's been raining for some time! The mosquitoes were Texas-huge and very hungry!!! *itches all over*

Thanks Scarlett.

It's been a wonderful birthday, thanks to all for the wonderful wishes. My family gave me a portable dvd player. I can watch dvds of clay in the privacy of my room or when I'm travelling, of course when I'm not the one driving.

Wishing you a verra verra
:bdayparty2::happybirthday01::bdayparty2:
preden!!!

Lol, bottle! :hahaha: So happy for your find!!!

Thanks v. much, jmh, wanda and 00lsee!!! :BlowKiss: *will.not.think.of.scratching.will.not.think.of.scratching.will.not.aaargh!*

ETA: How did I miss your post? Thanks as well kf!!! (and with a Clay mention too!)

I use the Benadryl Clear Gel, and it's applied topically, and works great for bug bites and plant allergies. Oooooo my sis was doing a charity walkathon this weekend so she probably needs a bottle right now.

Clay content: I'm so excited about next Saturday night!!!!

And I FLOVE his answer about the Hometown Connection where he joked about being jealous that Frankie Munoz was a star. I loved it when he said it was surreal reading the question, and that people would tell him he would be a big star someday but he never believed it. And he still has to pinch himself. I'm happy that he's so happy that he still needs to pinch himself. What a darling man he is. I hope he's pinching for a long time. He may need a bottle of Benadryl himself!

Whew! Just got back from an attempt at hiking and after all these years in Houston, I just found out the most important thing to know about it -- Do NOT attempt to go hiking after it's been raining for some time! The mosquitoes were Texas-huge and very hungry!!!
*itches all over*

Mosquitoes seem to be attracted to some people more than others and, unfortunately for me, they seem to find me every time.

I finally found two repellents that work wonders for me:

1) Rid http://www.rid.com.au/company.htm

2) OFF! http://www.scjohnson.com.au/products/off_r...ff_personal.htm

The reason I like these is because not only do they repel those awful insects but IF you forget to use it, it can also be applied to soothe the itch. I live in a semi-tropical climate and spend a lot of time outdoors in summer so I appreciate having them.

Rid also has a version with sun-screen.

OFF! Can be used on children as young as 12 months +.

claytonic, thanks! I didn't know they could be applied after the fact.

ETA: Wonders... would it be worthwhile to ask friends who carry The Filipino Channel to watch for Charice news between now and Saturday? Thank goodness Clay wasn't in Vegas yesterday -- hotels must have been packed for the boxing match.

ARGH... I totally f*@*d up and didn't make my reservations as soon as I decided to go to Vegas and I had only two choices of flights home on Sunday if I wanted to use my free air ticket. And the 8am flight was the lesser of the two evils. Scarlett...I'll try not to wake you up as I scramble out of the hotel. If it wasn't mother's day I could stay. And she said I could stay but really I need to get back on time. But Yay I get to see Clay... and gamble.

Did anyone watch his event from last year. What's should I expect. I can't believe how excited I am just to hear Clay sing. It more than makes up for the fact that I'm not excited about anyone else. As much as I love R&B Brian McKnight has never done it for me. I'm praying Phillip Bailey is in good voice.

OK so you think having a cutting edge boyfriend who wears tutus and red plastic could make Clay Aiken cool?

In some circles, it probably would.

:thicecubes:

bottle... BWAH!!! Clay Aiken has good taste and Reed does, too.... except in tutus. Black would have been a better color... :cryingwlaughter:

Preden... :bdayparty2:

Hey, I actually have some Clay content! :cryingwlaughter:

I was doing the weekly trip to Target yesterday, and along with the Diet Dr. Pepper and shampoo and whatnot, I thought I'd splurge and spend a few bucks on a couple of packs of the American Idol trading cards.

I opened the first pack, and saw the iconic, unmistakable spiky hair!

SCORE!!!

AI-SEAC.jpg

Only not. Bummer.

Nine more chances. Surely I'll get a card from the Runner-up with the burgeoning acting career.

AI_MCFEE.jpg

No, not that one. The guy with the big voice and the crazy enthusiastic fans that range in age from 1 to 100.

AI_ARCH.jpg

Sigh. Not what I'm looking for at all. I want one of the guy whose debut CD went multi-platinum and whose success eclipsed the actual winner's.

AI_DAUG.jpg

YIKES!!11!!1! Still not the ONE. Remember the season that had the two really talented but vastly different guys in the Final Two?

AI_COOK_ARCH.jpg

Just no... I'm losing hope here. :cry4:

My final chance....

Is it?.... Could it be?..... Maybe?

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! MACK IS BACK IN TOWN!!!!!!

AI_AIKEN_F.jpg

AI_AIKEN_B.jpg

All it cost me was $3.98 plus tax.*

*[i won't mention the hours of effort and the ripped-out hair from trying to get my old printer/scanner to connect to my new laptop, plus the cost of the new scanner when I gave up on the old one. Comedy is hard, y'all. :hahaha: ]

bottle... :hahaha: I'm jeelous!!! I am going to have to find the time to find and buy some of those cards... I want Clay!

I spent all day yesterday babysitting my son's three kids (4, 8, and 12) and this morning babysitting my daughter's two (3 and 5). I see my oldest daughter and grandson (17) every Thursday, so... I would like a Mother's Day all alone to go shopping for some much needed clothing... :cryingwlaughter: I am now an expert on building block castles and have taught my 6th grandchild how to swing themselves. BWAH!!!

Now I'm off to go read some more Clay answers >>>

*itches all over*

Liquid Benadryl gets right at the itch. I've never tested it with multiple bites, but it works really fast when I have just two or three.

Hi jmh! Just want to clarify, Liquid Benadryl taken orally or used in place of calamine lotion? I don't have any but there's a CVS right around the corner... :thankyou:

Thanks, kf, and sorry, Scarlett. I got home from my mom's and posted, and then decided to take a little nap. Just woke up. Oops. Yup, it's the clear gel I use.

Tonight at Madison Square Garden, Pete Seeger celebrated his 90th birthday, performing with Bruce Springsteen, Dave Matthews, Ben Harper, Richie Havens, Joan Baez, Billy Bragg, Rufus Wainwright, Arlo Guthrie, and many more. Springsteen said that he never saw Seeger more happy than at Obama's inauguration, noting that Seeger saw Obama's ascendancy as proof that he, Seeger, had "outlived the bastards."

That was too rich not to share.

Happy Birthday Pete and Preden :clap:

{{{ldyj}}} You are in my thoughts.

Good news for your son Luckiest, congratulations.

Happy Birthday Preden!!

I saw this 20 something guy on muni the other day and he on a tshirt that said "I'm Not Dead Yet" on the front in white letters on black. And it had the Spam logo very small on both shoulders. Has anyone ever seen that shirt. I would have bought that one. I told him I liked his shirt and he said he got it in NY.

I just went and checked my Spam shirt Couchie and it is the same as you described but with only one logo on one sleeve. My DH got the same one and we have both had questions whenever we have worn them. I don't wear mine out much but tend to put it on at the end of a hard work day. It brings back such good memories and the quote is uplifting.

(Just reread and yes, I am such a nerd. In aussie slang -a dag)

claytonic,
thanks! I didn't know they could be applied after the fact.

RID does make the claim that it "is the only personal repellent to offer 'before and after' bite protection".

I haven't seen OFF! actually make this claim in writing but I tested it and it definitely worked for me in diminishing the itch. The reason I wanted to try OFF! was because it claimed to be safe for young children.

ETA: Wonders...
would it be worthwhile to ask friends who carry The Filipino Channel to watch for Charice news between now and Saturday
? Thank goodness Clay wasn't in Vegas yesterday -- hotels must have been packed for the boxing match.

I am sure there will be a lot of news, especially since Sunday May 10 (Mother's Day) is her 17th birthday, and what a huge transformation her life has become since her first performance on American soil in December 2007, on the Ellen Show.

Click here for more*:

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...=40#entry105555

*I've included a YT vid of Charice promoting her second album, before she duets with her mom. I love the way it is packaged, it has two CDs and can be propped up as a display frame. Great idea!