Food Network shows

Couch Tomato

Watching chopped....

when that woman said she didn't know collard greens I knew she wouldn't cook them enough..but damn the other guy put them on a plate raw. Who wants raw collard greens?

Love this show..but they are diabolical with their combinations.

I think Chopped was cancelled.

The Next Food Network star is fun, but it takes some committment. I forget how many weeks it lasts - long, sort of like Top Chef. I really liked last year's winner, Aron McCardle, or something like that. They other guy who came in 2nd or 3rd, I forget his name. Skinny, caucasian, comic of a sort, has an interesting show on. I was glad to see that they found a role for him. I wonder how either of them are doing?

Not sure how the shows are doing... but I did see Big Daddy's House or whatever it's called the other day. I do like his personality and glad the other guy got a show. I liked the woman too. Where's HER show LOL.

Since it's coming on during the summer I can find the time for it.

I can't believe chopped got cancelled!

I have to say Paula Dean is annoying as all get out.

I can't believe chopped got cancelled!

I might be mistaken. Maybe it's "Chopping Block" that was cancelled. Whatever that is.

I don't rmember the girl. Maybe that's why she doesn't have a show. Was she that woman with the dark hair, bangs and a bob? She came off sort of uppity and pretentious at times, but then let down her guard. If she's the one, I can see that they might not find a show for her. She's not that likable, IMO.

hmmmm....... it's nice to be able to state my opinion using some colorful, less-than-prudent adjectives, and not have to worry about it getting picked up by the Associated Press.

For Clay :bloomingflowers:

I've watched Aaron's show a couple of times. It's pretty good. He's so down to earth and real. I haven't seen Adams show yet but it sounds fun. Much better than the original concept he came up with.

I liked the woman too.

Ack! Did NOT care for her at. all. I was so scared she would win.

Okay.

Everyone knows how stupid disingenuous ironic it is for me to watch cooking shows right? :hahaha:

bwah...yeah oh thee with an appliance to make quesadillas. BWAH.

Well it's kinda like me loving Project Runway!!

I don't rmember the girl. Maybe that's why she doesn't have a show. Was she that woman with the dark hair, bangs and a bob? She came off sort of uppity and pretentious at times, but then let down her guard. If she's the one, I can see that they might not find a show for her. She's not that likable, IMO.

hmmmm....... it's nice to be able to state my opinion using some colorful, less-than-prudent adjectives, and not have to worry about it getting picked up by the Associated Press.

For Clay :bloomingflowers:

BWAH!

And I guess I agree. I could see some vulnerability in there but she hardly let it out. By the end i was loving her.

Speaking of Project Runway..... have you seen the replacement of a sorts on Bravo? The title is something about a fashion show, I think. Isaak Mizrahi (spelling?) is the main host and judge, with Kelly Rowland as a sidekick. I only saw it once, so I'm not ready to give an opinion yet. PR went to another network, didn't it? Lifetime (oy!) . I love that PR! All that strum und drang. waves at JaMar

Wrong thread, I know. sigh

I've watched it. It's just SUCH a blatant rip off of PR. Down to just about every last detail. Unfortunately the personalities are NOT up to par.

eta....ducky :hahaha: Let's just say the guy playing Tim Gunn is no Tim Gunn.

--

couchie...I just couldn't get by the weird hair and eye makeup. Shallow I know.

I think our Food Tv is different from your Food Tv. Do you have any of my favourites: Chef At Home, The Main, Kitchen Nightmares, Restaurant Makeover? I know Chef At Home and Restaurant Makeover are Canadian. And I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I love Colin & Justin's Home Heist (also Canadian). Have only watched it twice, but it CMSU! Ok, so I'm new to this type of TV. Oh and I like one that was suggested to me here, No Reservations (but I think it's on the Travel channel).

Sorry, lucky, but we don't have any of those shows on American Food Network.

According to the Food Network website, new episodes of Chopped start in June! I'd like for them to do a "death match" challenge -- where each of the winners of their episodes meet in a tournament style battle.

I love so many shows on the Food Network. My hero, by far, is Alton Brown. He's my other Southern geek boyfriend. I also love Ace of Cakes, and Ted Allen's other show, Food Detectives. I'm one who loves Guy Fieri, both his cooking show and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. (I know people who hate him though...) Aaron McCargo Jr. is the guy who won Food Network Star last year -- love his personality. I also like Adam Gertler (runner up) and his show, Will Work for Food.

I don't even remember the chicks name, but I hated her too. Way too cold, way too snooty.

Fear, I love BOTH versions of Iron Chef. The original is pure camp, but it was so much fun, and I miss those episodes. The new one is much more technique, and I learn a lot from it.

I love Throw down with Bobby Flay and Iron Chef. I love that the Throwdown show has humor. You will the expert say..well you don't put cheese in a real blah blah blah..switch to Bobby Flay saying..I think I'll get a big chunk of cheese. Hilarious. I like that he's so game to do these people's expert style.

the shows that come on saturday morning SUCK.

Yeah, I don't tend to watch the Saturday or Sunday morning shows either, except for Guy's, and that's only when I remember it's on.

Throwdown is the only show that I like Bobby Flay on.

Oh, and I forgot Dinner Impossible. I like it if I like the challenge he faces, and also when he doesn't get too overbearing.

Heeee......Lisa Garza was the next food network star finalist - and I loved her. She showed a lot of class in that trumped-up Las Vegas finale - having to be hoisted up into the air in a catsuit. The guy who won seems like a nice guy, but IMO they should have just stopped the show and gave it to him instead of continuing with the competition.

Lisa has a quite successful restaurant and catering business in Dallas. I felt she was just an introvert, is all.

She knows people don't like her, she posted this about that:

Lisa Garza

Reading the comments is EXACTLY like reading Clay-related comments.

Interesting to read threads about this show on Twop and on the show's site, they track the success of the shows, they are pretty snarky and argumentative, just like us.

Yeah, Chopping Block got cut, it was a pitiful imitation of Last Restaurant Standing. I thought the chef judge guy was kinda cute though.

Love Guy Fieri. Love Bobby Flay Throwdown too. Don't like Paula Deen, but love her hair or wigs or whatever.

I wonder how that tiny Italian chef stays so thin - she must only eat during the show, is all I can figure.

I have not seen all the Chopped episodes yet. Just now saw the collard greens one - raw collard greens? Yikes.

And the guy who lost in the last round was told flat out that his first two courses had problems too, but he left bad-mouthing the winner for only winning because he screwed up.

I lurve Ace of Cakes and also that challenge where they all build cakes. And the build a better burger shows are awesome! And the burgers are medium rare! and look scrumptious!

Saturday mornings I watch Sell This House. And the BBCA weird Scottish decorators. I miss Two Fat Ladies or Cooks or whatever, they were a hoot.

Luckiest, yeah, a lot of competition shows, but I don't look at them because I care who wins, that rarely happens for me, but I love seeing the techniques and the recipes. And the host on Chopped is channeling Tyra, he sounds so portentous, it cracks me up.

I am fascinated by the work it takes to make those fancy wedding cakes, people flinging around cake layers like they are made of rubber, when I have trouble taking one out of the pan without breaking it!

I don't think anyone cares about who wins the Bobby Flay Throwdown, either, it is just fun.

And I am still obsessed with having one of those 7 or 9 layer coconut cakes. Damn those looked and sounded good!

And the host on Chopped is channeling Tyra, he sounds so portentous, it cracks me up.

What? Ted Allen portentous? Surely you jest! [/jk]

I loved Ted from his days on Queer Eye. He was always my favorite on that show.

Yeah, I hear ya on the "voice of doom" thing. It's even funnier to me on his "Food Detectives" show. "Does where you sit at a buffet restaurant effect how much you eat there? Scientific proof ahead!" It almost needs "Film at 11" after it...

Luckiest, yeah, a lot of competition shows, but I don't look at them because I care who wins, that rarely happens for me, but I love seeing the techniques and the recipes.

Me too, but I tend towards shows that make healthy foods (because I am a sugar-holic, and am trying to learn to stay away from it). The ones that interest me the most are the ones that teach cooking principals, rather than strict recipes. I have learned so much about basic cooking techniques in the few months I've been watching. My mom only made stuff from cans and mixes, unfortunately. I didn't really learn to cook until I was in my 20s and lived next door to an East Indian couple....her "recipes" were more like cooking techniques, but I took notes anyways. I actually have a recipe card that says "how to measure spices" and says things like "use 3/4 as much garlic as coriander" and "use a fair bit". LOL. She was a wonderful teacher, though. Most of the dishes she made were passed down to her from her mom. Speaking of recipe cards, does anyone use those anymore? I am thinking I need to digitalize all the one I have. Eeep, I think I may have veered off topic..... :cryingwlaughter:

Aaron McCargo Jr.

That's his name! I like him and wish him well with Big Daddy's House.

I think I'm in love with him and his brother LOL.

Anyway I am going to make his macaroni salad today. I watched the show this morning hee.

I also love the Neelys. I would be so disappointed if he was a dog LOL. But I can't rally eat their food -- like Paula Deen -- too much grease and butter.