Name That Tune

canfly172

I keep quoting instead of just replying.

How do you select quote.

How do you post your own images.

How do I understand the clues here. Is there a FCA Name That Tune For Dummies book?

Think I got the avi.

I notice no pics in siggy's. Is that a rule?

QUOTE:

That's IT. I'm starting a Name That Tune thread for Dummies and I'm just gonna go sit there and give myself clues.

UNQUOTE

See, can't find how to quote. CF, I'll play with you. You're friends clues are hurting my head.

Oh jmh is it. Please don't call CF dumb. She prefers moron. Although she has called herself dumb and followed it up with a curtsy more than once. She's not entirely stable. I myself answer to dumbass or dumber.

How do you select quote.

At the bottom of each post, you'll see a quote button. Click on that button, and then whenever you click reply (until you close the board), you'll see all the posts you quoted, with tags already done.

At the top of the box you write your posts in, you'll see 10 buttons. There are two with green + marks in them. In between those two is the "insert image" button. Click on it, and a box will appear in which you can put the web address of your photo.

You can put your cursor over each button (without clicking) and text identifying the purpose of the button will appear.

You can also use img tags--img before and /img after, both with brackets around them: []

Or, there is a upload button below the box you write your post in, and then after you upload, you can put that image in your post somehow or another that I forgot.

Yup, sorry.

How do I understand the clues here. Is there a FCA Name That Tune For Dummies book?

Ask your bud canfly. She started this game. :cryingwlaughter:

How do you select quote.

At the bottom of each post, you'll see a quote button. Click on that button, and then whenever you click reply (until you close the board), you'll see all the posts you quoted, with tags already done.

Huh? huh.png

Not exactly my experience, lol...if you keep clicking quote buttons on posts (green quote buttons go red and the + signs turn into - signs) in one thread (say the Welcome thread) and then leave that open and take a break and go over to the Main thread in another window to check what's happening and you click reply, then all of the posts that you clicked quote buttons for, will appear in your reply window in the wrong thread. Not that I've ever done that in the last couple of days or anything, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Once you actually click "Add Reply" to whatever you keep in that reply window, and take out the stuff that you didn't want in that window, then you're back to square one and all of those previously quoted posts that you quoted in the other thread won't be remembered any more.

:tantrum:

Sparky's very confused now isn't she?

Do over.

SPARKY!!!

Wake up!

If you want to quote only one person's post, then don't click the quote button below their post, click the reply button to the bottom right of their post. The reply window will pop up. Carry on.

If you want to multiple quote, then click the quote button to the bottom right of each post that you want to quote (it will turn red and + sign will turn into a - sign) and once you're done "collecting" posts to quote, then click the reply button AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. All of the posts that you wanted to quote (the posts with the red - signs) will appear in your reply window. Start at the top and then under each one, type what you wanna say...

:wordpooper:

You can take out some of the person's post if you just want to comment on one part of it.

You can also do it the old fashioned way: Open two windows and copy whatever ya wanna quote into your reply box in the other window" method. Rest is same as on regular Invision. Highlight what you wanna quote and click the quote button ( talking bubble symbol).

At the top of the box you write your posts in, you'll see 10 buttons. There are two with green + marks in them. In between those two is the "insert image" button. Click on it, and a box will appear in which you can put the web address of your photo.

The problem is that you gotta go to PB ANYHOW to get the IMG code, so it's just as easy to copy the code from PB and paste directly into the reply window isn't it?

Sparky hon?

You losing it or something? We had to do it that way for yeeeeeeeeeeears on Ezboard and then on Regular Invision at the old NHB, lol? 4th box down under your picture in PB. And you know how to do the multiple pictures back-to-back PB thing...cuz you taught me like 3 years ago, lol.

JMH? You're gonna have to excuse the poor dear, she's sick.

You can put your cursor over each button (without clicking) and text identifying the purpose of the button will appear.
Now, I have a question. JMH, What's the purpose of the [ code]

You can also use img tags--img before and /img after, both with brackets around them: []
That's the 4th code under your PB picture thing.

Or, there is a upload button below the box you write your post in, and then after you upload, you can put that image in your post somehow or another that I forgot.
Sparky, You're making it too complicated. Just stick the old PB IMG codes in lol.

Anytime you quote somebody's post, all of the image codes from their post will appear in your reply window. When you click Add Reply, they'll be included too.

You CAN however include pictures using the browse button under your reply window....

I should try that sometime huh?

:teehee2:

Well, I just did and it says it's attached. It's cheerleaders, lol. My guess is that they'll be at the bottom of my post?

Yup, sorry.

:hmphcat:

Ask your bud canfly. She started this game. :cryingwlaughter:

Now wait a cotton pickin' minute! :hissy: Rulz is in the first post. The examples I gave were the "re-word the title" type ones but I did say that participants could give clues if they wanted too. So...Scarlett and JMH and Treenuts (she's buttr's nutty friend, btw) kinda ran with that part.

Disclaimer: Their clues are their own "creative" concoctions and in no way reflect the views, ideas, opinions or IQ level of the creator of this thread.

:imgtongue:

ETA: cheerleaders are in the dark and they ain't movin', lol.

post-1749-1251353526_thumb.png

one? Is it just so you take out the word code and put in something else you want it to do from the BB Code Help list?

I think you gave the poor woman so many instructions she'll probably not be back for a month now. :cryingwlaughter:

How do you select quote.

Huh? huh.png

Not exactly my experience, lol...if you keep clicking quote buttons on posts (signs go red and + turns to -) in one thread (say the Welcome thread) and then leave that and take a break and go over to the Main thread to check what's happening and you click reply, then all of the posts that you clicked "quote" on, will appear in your reply window in the wrong thread. Not that I've ever done that in the last couple of days or anything, lol.

What you said is what I said. I never said the quotes will stay within a particular thread. Cause they don't, you know. :cryingwlaughter:

Once you actually click "Add Reply" to whatever you keep in that reply window, then you're back to square one and all of those previously quoted posts that you quoted in the other thread are gone, lol.

That's right, and if you close the board, they're all gone too. What I do in the situation you describe is cut and paste all the quotes I don't want to reply to at the moment to a notepad file for when I get back to the thread I want to post a response in.

Or, you can just collect quotes somewhere and add the code yourself. Or just quote one post at a time, and then you'll have no problem, or remember not to change threads before posting.

Hey, I didn't design Invision boards, youknowwhatImean.

I think you gave the poor woman so many instructions she'll probably not be back for a month now.

Sparky's quite used to my babble. She'd come back and say she never even reads what I type when it's techobabble. She'll usually say, "That's nice dear" or something like that.

They I'll yell that she "deared" me and all will be right with the world. :hysterical:

Just post a long-haired snowflake pitchur and she'll be happy, lol.

I did ask one question in the middle of all of the babble but the first time I asked I typed [ code]

without the space and it vanished, lol. Does the

button DO anything? Or do you gotta replace the word "code' with anothe bb code?

Hey, I didn't design Invision boards, youknowwhatImean.

It wuz designed by a man wuzn't it?

Sorry? What wuz the clue again lol? :cryingwlaughter:

I did ask one question in the middle of all of the babble but the first time I asked I typed [ code]
 button DO anything? Or do you gotta replace the word "code' with anothe bb code?

I have no idea.

Still thinking of a clue.....

I think it might help to be less smart :cryingwlaughter: at least for me.

I googled organ pipe coral after she gave that hint, and got a site I can't find now which also mentioned the reed coral. So I thought the latter part of the clue had to do with Reed. :hysterical: Troubling news for Reed. I also knew that from the hints that the song was not recorded and not performed on tour, so that left a much smaller pool of possibilities. I lucked out on a title with "heart" in it after the next hint, and after that it really was easy. Up til then, not so much.

Canfly, it really helps to look here when pondering, although remember, it doesn't cover the last few years.

Kewl. A cheat list!

That's a lot of stuff! Was looking at the lost clack stuff. Still ticks me off that we never got the rest of the Kimmel ATDW Pontiac Garage performances and the rest of Kyrie and and the rest of Ashes. Don't they realize that we'd PAY for a DVD? I soooooooo could have had clack of the Kimmel Garage stuff but I THOUGHT tht I was going to be getting into the studio, so didn't take the camcorder along. I so coulda busted the bag check. Kicks self forever.

I have no idea.

What good are ya?

Still thinking of a clue.....

I wouldn't mind if it were simple but fun. I tend to like those types of clues as much if not more than the difficult ones. Sometimes it's just all about the FUN :)

Yeah! Yeah! Fun clues for the simpletons! :meme:

*scratches head and imagines a fish with a helpless heart*

I don't get it either Scarlett, lol. idongetsit.gif

Ironically, Sparky's latest Name That Tune clue at NNHB is: "Entirely hide the organ from view" Somehow, I think it must have something to do with the word heart, lol.

:teehee2:

:Iluvclaysbutt: that says "I love Clay's organ" right? :naughtywag:

OK,

A type of simian you won't find on Pluto

Just saw that you'd actually left a clue, lol. Off to do some pontificating...

Clay ever sing anything called Space Monkeys, lol??? :cryingwlaughter:

Human Touch? No huh? People? People who need people?

A type of simian you won't find on Pluto

Simian could be a person, so could be Charie Brown, My Girl, Little Drummer Boy, Rosanna, Mandy....they're all Simians, lol.

Someone Else's Star?