#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Am I the only one around here who follows Clay on Twitter via my cellphone? I got this last night, but was at a movie at the time:

clayaiken

Happy Thursday! RT @big4bones : @clayaiken Message me back pretty please :) i would be really happy about 14 hours ago from TweetDeck

Am I the only one around here who follows Clay on Twitter via my cellphone? I got this last night, but was at a movie at the time:

clayaiken

Happy Thursday! RT @big4bones : @clayaiken Message me back pretty please :) i would be really happy about 14 hours ago from TweetDeck

Am I the only one who has no idea what this means??

I still don't understand how these work. Is this from/to Clay? or people talking about Clay?

clayaiken

I still don't understand how these work. Is this from/to Clay? or people talking about Clay?

No, you aren't. I haven't the foggiest who is writing who, or why.

Yesterday afternoon, my 26 year old daughter who was coming home from Vermont for the weekend, lost control of her car and fell in a ditch. Thank God!! she was not hurt. She is very sore this morning. We had her checked at the ER last evening, it cost her $800. before seeing a doctor, they took an Xray and everything was normal. her US insurance will cover that fee. Good thing she had a credit card. Her car is probably totalled, too bad she had just finished paying it. I told her a car is replacable not a daughter. I'm thankful to God for watching over her.

clayaiken

No, you aren't. I haven't the foggiest who is writing who, or why.

The way I understand it is that "big4bones" found Clay's account on Twitter (which is really run by Decca, I believe), and asked that "Clay" reply to them. So "he" did -- with the quote "Happy Thursday."

The "@" sign is how people tag each other -- so that you can know if someone is writing about you or not. This is how the Decca people know that Clay's being mentioned in tweets. I don't quite follow this all that much...but I do find it cool to get tweets from "Clay" every so often! It's that "fake personal connection" that so many fans dream about! (Except I guess, that not all of them want the "fake" part of it...LOL).

Here's a video on how Twitter works.

Here's a good page that explains the "@" feature.

Sorry to hear about your daughter preden, but I'm glad she's OK!

Wow, what a shock to get the e-mail last night about sassafras. She looked wonderful when we saw her in October, healthy and really taking care of herself. I'm truly saddened and stunned by this news. The tribute from her son was lovely, though, she sure had an interesting life!

preden, glad your daughter is OK.

Sorry about sassafras!!!

Yesterday afternoon, my 26 year old daughter who was coming home from Vermont for the weekend, lost control of her car and fell in a ditch. Thank God!! she was not hurt. She is very sore this morning. We had her checked at the ER last evening, it cost her $800. before seeing a doctor, they took an Xray and everything was normal. her US insurance will cover that fee. Good thing she had a credit card. Her car is probably totalled, too bad she had just finished paying it. I told her a car is replacable not a daughter. I'm thankful to God for watching over her.

preden... glad your daughter was ok, even if her car wasn't. Whew!!!

I am so busy at work, I may have to work this weekend... and next year's budgets are due by the end of the month. I may come in Christmas day and work on them. Before you go "bummer", I will be spending Christmas Eve with one half of my family and the day after Christmas with the other half, so I have nothing planned for Christmas day and the thought of working without the constant interruptions sounds really good right now... LOL We'll see.

((preden)), good to hear your daughter is ok!

clayaiken

Well, am I the only one who is wondering wth big4bones is? lol

I mean the possibilities are endless, but two options jump out at me. One could be a fan of Durhams :snoopy:

The other a fan of Waldo's :hubbahubba:

Or both...

I am so relieved she's OK--I can't even imagine how relieved you are!!!!

{{{preden and DH's family}}} Also, cars can be replaced, people can't; so glad to hear that she's alright!!!

And I was just kidding about the neck bolts. Adam and Clay? I think it's very simple. It's about substance.

:GE_FCA:

preden I'm so glad you had a happy ending to your story. Saw quite a few accidents early this afternoon when we had a sleet storm. It scared me a little and I learned how to drive in NJ. For some odd reason, everytime I press enter on the keyboard it takes me to Googles home page. I guess i'll always have to type in one paragraph :cry4:

:GM_FCA:

Another day of wrapping; I have to say the best thing Clay ever did was to change the name of the Foundation...the word "Inclusion" is like a magnet...it is wonderful to see people walk by our banner and see the word "Inclusion" and turn around to come back and ask about the National Inclusion Project.

43 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

preden, sorry to hear about your daughter's car, but glad she was not hurt!

I am spending the weekend in Toronto with my mom, my daughter and the puppies. Tomorrow we have a family Christmas gathering at my cousin's house. Today I am going to go and spend some time with an old friend who is recovering from a mastectomy. So far the weather is clear here...hoping the snow holds off until I get home again.

Still no word on the job....they are keeping me in suspense. Argh.

Here in Michigan it is about 25 and we only got an inch last night of that white stuff. Started ski patrolling last weekend and do not have duty till Monday. Mostly done with Christmas stuff except for today I am heading out to grocery shop for Christmas Day. Only two gifts to wrap so I think other than cleaning my house tomorrow I am ready. Have to work both Tues and Wed. so I want to get everything major done this weekend.

Preden glad your daughter is fine, that is scarry. One thing I hate about working 50 minutes from home is the winter weather. Those salt trucks are not predictable, sometimes done and other times a nighmare.

I wish Clay would come out and play. I miss him.

Thank you for all the comments regarding my daughter. She is quite sore but nothing compared to what could have happened. Now it's getting all the insurance business taken cared of. I might have to drive her to Vermont Wednesday as she doesn't really want to go home by bus and I wouldn't want her to. She still needs her mama I guess.

Another day of wrapping; I have to say the best thing Clay ever did was to change the name of the Foundation...the word "Inclusion" is like a magnet...it is wonderful to see people walk by our banner and see the word "Inclusion" and turn around to come back and ask about the National Inclusion Project.

That's interesting to know and it makes a lot of sense.

Preden - glad your daughter is ok. And hee I sometimes need my mama still and I'm pushing 50.

Happy Saturday everybody. Don't hurt anyone out there in those stores today!!

:GA_FCA:

:snoopy: Greetings from Winter Wonderland, NC -- nothing like the weather some of you have but definitely unusual for us!

My best friend's husband died this week. He lived a long life, but these times are always sad. Terri said their 11-year-old granddaughter stood by her grandfather's hospital bed and talked to him throughout his final day. I remember when my mother died, the hospice representatives said hearing is the last to go. Even though Henry was out of it most of the time, Markey talked to him about school, how much she loves playing the violin, and on and on non-stop. I think that's a sweet story. :)

Yesterday afternoon, my 26 year old daughter who was coming home from Vermont for the weekend, lost control of her car and fell in a ditch. Thank God!! she was not hurt. She is very sore this morning. We had her checked at the ER last evening, it cost her $800. before seeing a doctor, they took an Xray and everything was normal. her US insurance will cover that fee. Good thing she had a credit card. Her car is probably totalled, too bad she had just finished paying it. I told her a car is replaceable not a daughter. I'm thankful to God for watching over her.

{{{preden}}} for your daughter and your husband's family.

Thnx to all who have dropped by the Carolina blog and read about/shared recital stories. There's a whole mid-section on MCWL and the handsome dude who sings it like no other. :wub:

Have a happy, safe weekend, all! :yahoo:

Caro2.gif

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

I just wanted to say good morning to everyone. I hope you all have a great day :Morning:

The snow is still hanging around here. Eventually it gets annoying as there are very few snow plows in our area and it takes about a week for them to get to the local streets. So for now we are using our gas guzzler car to get around. We had about 5 to 6 inches of snow, which is the whole winter's worth for us. At least I got to the UPS store yesterday to mail a few packages to my son and his girlfriend on the other coast.

My Clay post? I remember him at one of the very early JNTs where he sat on the edge of the stage and sang "I'll be home for Christmas" to his grandfather and Grandmother. Such a sweetie. We listened to Christmas songs yesterday. One of my favorites is the crooner's collection. I love how that put Clay in with all the old time greats: Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Tony Bennett.

:rockinkitty:

Another WFI story...hope I am not boring people...end of the evening last night, we were getting ready to close up...when a lady stopped by to have some gifts wrapped...as we are wrapping we are telling her about the Project. She is very interested and then becomes quite emotional telling us about her brother with special needs and how much the Project would have meant to him when he was younger.

She told of them attempting to send him to camp and being told to take him home. He is 19 now so past the age, but she was so excited about The Project that she actually volunteered right then to help us wrap next year and took information to pass out at her church. She left us names and numbers and said her mother would also be interested. It was such a wonderful and heartwarming way to end the evening and we are so excited to have additional wrappers next year...that means we can do more days!

42 Days until GFI!

Kim

I have some sad news. A friend of mine, who mainly lurked here, sassafras, passed away on November 10. I received an email today from her son. He included a link to a wonderful montage he created of his mom, from her early years right up to the present. Those in Raleigh may remember Cynthia from parties and get togethers. She was a good friend and loved Clay very much. She opened her home to me, my family and friends over the years and I will miss her very much. I am so glad that we had the chance to spend some time with her in October, when we were in town for the gala.

Tribute to Cynthia

So shocked and sorry to hear about sassafras! She looked great at the Gala!

...and sorry to hear your company is "keeping you in suspense"; I had to laugh the other day...I was looking at some credit card options (I'm getting rid of one of mine and looking at changing providers), and one of the options was provided by your company. Small world! :)

Another WFI story...hope I am not boring people...end of the evening last night, we were getting ready to close up...when a lady stopped by to have some gifts wrapped...as we are wrapping we are telling her about the Project. She is very interested and then becomes quite emotional telling us about her brother with special needs and how much the Project would have meant to him when he was younger.

She told of them attempting to send him to camp and being told to take him home. He is 19 now so past the age, but she was so excited about The Project that she actually volunteered right then to help us wrap next year and took information to pass out at her church. She left us names and numbers and said her mother would also be interested. It was such a wonderful and heartwarming way to end the evening and we are so excited to have additional wrappers next year...that means we can do more days!

42 Days until GFI!

Kim

I *love* hearing stories like this, Kim! That's what it's all about. :clap:

Sorry to hear about sassafras. I didn't know her, but have seen/heard her name before. Prayers & condolences to her family & friends. :bloomingflowers:

Glad to hear your daughter is OK, preden. :hug:

Here's to hoping you hear some great news when you head back to work, luckiest! :tomato:

I added a new member to my family this weekend. :puppykiss: This is Gnocchi's new little brother...

th_Shubert1-1.jpg th_gnocchishub1.jpg th_shubert3.jpg

He's an 18 week old Bichon Frise/Yorkie mix, rescued :snoopy: by local volunteer organization (HART) from a puppy mill. :grrrr:

I hope everyone here at FCA has a very Merry Christmas! :BlowKiss:

This post brought to you by your local, friendly :22: ! :cryingwlaughter: