Aug 8, Wolftrap, Vienna VA

Ansamcw

From CH, Clayboard, Clayversity, etc.

She told me to tell everyone that Faye is in the same row. They are in row 6 center. She came with a bunch of people. She said that FSL is also there.

-----

Cellstream reports a lot of men there.

-----

It is starting

-----

Security guards have apparently not seen a crowd like this (as far as enthusiasm) before!

-----

Madison says it so hot and humid, she thinks she might pass out....so you know what that means ladies....

Says the crowd is extremely diverse....more men than she has ever seen at a Claying.....lots of couples

She said the merchandise stands are backed up for 45 minutes...

She said the venue is absolutely gorgeous just no air conditioning!!!

-----

huge reaction from crowd

stuck juke box seemed to go on forever

twisting the night away

-----

Johnny B Goode

------

go johnny...............

rockin robin

great pretender

only you big screems

report....starting to rain right now

-----

Madison said before the music began the drummer came out and took a picture of the audience.

The Great Pretender....sounds crystal clear.....I'm hearing some moaning and groaning followed..by long screams....this just makes you want to chair sway.......

Perfect falsetto ending on Only You.....

I think she said he's sweating already....

-----

umbrellas out heavy rain

-----

Great balls of fire

-------

Sounds like she said it's raining! oh, just think, HOT, SEXY AND DRIPPING CLAY!!!

GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

Rock 'n roll is here to stay!!!

-----

Talking now

-----

Clay commented on the rain and seems in great spirits!

-----

BIG BIG CHEERS/APPLAUSE AFTER THE MEDLEY!!!

Clay talking now.

He said soemthing about the rain but I can't understand.

Did the spill about the rock 'n roll era history. #1 BB hit, etc.

Just said something about TITN. don't know what.

Gonna do UM now. 1st song to be a hit in 4 decades!

----

CH, CB, CV:

big cheers after UM

piano playing time

love me tender

very quiet with few shouts

Just interrupted the Elvis story to say he lost his shoe! 

Now giving bio of ELVIS!!!!! he's at the piano now for LMT!!! Ooooh la la

Love me tender, love me sweet (oh boy we do Clay) So soft and sultry. Very slow, taking his time to get those notes right! Now voice is stronger as he brings it home! Thanks Clay for adding piano to your repetoir!

Big applause

CLAY JUST FINISHED LOVE ME TENDER. THE CROW ARE SCREANING. NOTHIG BUT A HOUND DOG. WOW HE SOUNDS AMAZING. SUCH SCREAMING. DONT'' WANT NO ONE ELSE. SINCE MY BABY LEFT ME.

Elvis just took over his body......Heartbreak Hotel....

Jailhouse Rock greated with roaring screams and whistles.....

I Can't Help Falling In Love......simply beautiful......Deep, full notes and then he pulls them back abruptly , almost as if stealing them back from your ears......

Suspicious Minds.......

Rockin' back and forth......knee swaying to the beat....very subtle moves....Madison whispers....

Lovin' this song......

Beat picks......voice comes up ......full blown ending....

He's caught in a trap and the Claymates have the only key!!!

Why can't he see what he does to us...not us to him

SUSPICIOUS MINDS!!! We can't go on together with Suspicious minds. Singing powerful.

so if a friend I know stops by to say hellllooooooo, how 'about all of us coming over to say hello????

I can hear clapping along to the song.

We can't go on together........backups powerful too

now the slow part, drums rat a tat tatting

Let's not let a good thing die

Ohhhhhhh, dum dum dum

caught in a trap, can't walk out cuz I love you too much behbayyyyyyy.

Whjy can't you see what you do to us Clay

Believe a word I say

we can't go on together with Suspicious minds

On suspicsious MINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDSSSS

hUGE OVATIONS!!!!!

60s now. Daydream Believer

-----

Downtown

little rain now not as bad as earlier

-----

Big screams at Clay's bobble-heading on "Can't Buy Me Love."

-----

Sugar sugar singing to angela

-----

total dip to angela

laughed so much he could not sing a few words

-----

Some screams and appreciative giggles on "Sugar Sugar."

Cheers greeting "So Happy Together," and I think something happened to screw Clay up on the lyrics -- the crowd was laughing. The crowd cheered wildly just as the chorus kicked in!

-----

Ending this medley now!!!! Huge applause once more.

-----

Ah. During "So Happy Together," Clay totally dipped Angela, and made it look like he was making out with her. Hence, the laughter.

dipped Angela all the way back on the stairs....

Solitaire....says his hands are entwined around the mic stand.....

"Solitaire" now -- a few screams, but mostly, the crowd is listening to him.

he totally screwed up solit. messed up the words and I think he said something in the middle of the song.

-----

I think our cellcerter said that some lightning startled Clay and screwed him up in the middle of the song -- he actually had to stop the song, but then he picked up on the glory note, and he sounds incredible. The crowd is incredibly into it now.

-----

Big strip of lighting lost on the stage, distracted him, he recovered, they didn't

-----

Just goes straight for SOLITAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE

HELD IT FOREVER!!!!

-----

Madison says she wishes we could see the look on his face right now......eyes are closed, very soulful......

the crowd erupts on the glory note....he's trying to outlast them....omg.................it lasted forever........

He's pouring himself into this one..........

-----

Motown

Here comes Motown......

Midnight Train To Georgia.....

Cute little pip she says

The crowd roars on the pip spin

Grooving in his routine......

Sounds like the beat just picked up on My Girl....

Everyone is dancing.......he's after Angela again....big time teasing going on between the two....

Tears of a Clown.......in his best pip style....he's too adorable for words...... MY GIRL....... taling bout my girl!

I've got so much honey, the bees envy me! (we would like to be your bee!)

waht can make me feel this way

My GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Tears of a Clown now

singing smokey, Jr!!!!

RESCUE ME! Take me in your arms. Angela powerful as usual. Funny how they never seem to forget the words! me thinks it's a plot! 

He wears MOTOWN WELL!!!!

She said everyone is up on their feet......

Everyone!

He just told Angela ..."you go girl"

He just gave the mic to some woman in the front row....granny for clay aiken...not sure if that was a sign or her shirt...

He's pip shopping.....

Found "Danny" who's with his wife and 12 year old daughter

Commented on someone shirts and said "that's a good lookin' guy on that shirt" Oh yeah baby!!!

Edited by Attic244

Thanks for the reporting...I will be in and out and I can hear this really long banter and lots of laughing....I will be dependent on reports so thank you for doing it.

Thanks for the reporting...I will be in and out and I can hear this really long banter and lots of laughing....I will be dependent on reports so thank you for doing it.

I'm here now too - but I can't understand a word he says, although I can hear the singing very well. I did hear the cellcerter say that he stopped because lightning startled him.

Intermission report:

Cellstream reports that "he is FRISKY tonight!" Angela played with his tie, apparently, during one of the songs.

When she sang "Remember the day I set you free?" He apparently said "2 AM"?

-----

During "Solitaire," a huge bolt of lightning went off, and people in the lawn went "Oooh!" As did Clay, so he lost his place. He couldn't get back on with the band, so he said, "Eh, this is the part that matters, anyway," and launched into the glory note.

Jacob laughed when Clay made the "at 2AM" comment, and Angela giggled.

-----

Big Thunder and Bigger Lightning.....

Said the people on the lawn are still sitting there....in the thunder and lightening......

Started out saying he's "got a big book with all the hits in it, says it starts with Rock and Roll is Here To Stay and it ends with TITN!!!!!!!" He's quite proud!!

Huge flash of lightening during Solitaire and S'Von left the paino....it interrupted him and he had to recapture the moment....

He couldn't find his shoe during the Love Me Tender shoe change

Madison said it is pouring....there is a roof but the sides are open.....no center aisles...had to pick the pip from the front row...crowd really into it.....entire lower section full....lots of people standing....pouring.....poor people on lawn under umbrellas risking lightning

Says the front row is right on top of the stage.....they can spit on the stage.....

-----

She said Clay looks so HOT and that this is the best he has ever looked. She did say it is pouring down rain, but they are covered. Its the people on the lawns that have the umbrella's and that there is a sea of them.

-----

She said him and Angela are all over each other. She said he is absolutely amazing.

Edited by Attic244

From CH:

Starting again. Carwash

-----

guy from crowd is dancing really getting into it

-----

HUGE cheers and Clay re-appears, singing "December 1963." He sounds wonderful, and invites the audience to cheer for David (I think that's the guy from the audience?).

"September" -- HUGE cheers as they start with the dancing.

-----

Get ready for the high kickin'

Say do you remember, crowd goes crazy with each kick

-----

Voice is pristine tonight.....

September......

Lower register is full y engaged....

Through in a funky new dance move...must be part of his newly found "funk"

-----

I think our cellcerter reported that Clay sat on Angela's lap in the beanbag chair?

"Too Much Heaven" now.

-----

Mandy

-----

"Mandy" is greeted by enormous cheers, and Clay sounds fantastic singing it. He lends it an energy that I never got from the original.

-----

Mandy very clear sounds strong and emoting.......Beautiful holding note forever

Huge applause!!

From CH:

Clay held that last beautiful "you" forever. HUGE, HUGE response as this song ends.

Introducing the 70s now. Says the next song is for "You guys out there in the rain." BOTW!

-----

beautiful end to bridge with great response from crowd

-----

OMG, that last note on BOTW!! The crowd just erupted.

Felix's turn! Getting huge response from the audience.

-----

It's amazing ....how he can do this night after night....each song better than the last....loving the big, big notes.....with his lips.....it must be somewhat like working on a chain gang for 12 hours.........

Standing "O" for BOTW.....

Here comes the preacher man...........

and here comes Our Choir Boy..........

-----

WDC sounds really good tonight!

-----

Why do we screaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at each other. held that forever. don't recall him doing that long in Cary.

Now, cranking it up and the robes come off!

-----

Big screams greet the piano intro to WDC.

Some squeals and screams as Clay sings the gospel intro. Mostly at the end of phrases.

OK, someone just yelled something. No idea what, but it has some people laughing.

That extended "satisfied" drew some screams, and that prolonged "screeeeeeeam" drew many more screams and cheers.

Someone else yelled something from the crowd, "I love you, Clay!" I think?

HUGE screams as the tempo picks up. I think the cellcerter reported that he got the robe off without trouble tonight.

Angela ran away from Clay tonight -- she ran behind the keyboarder.

I really think this whole show is geared to establishing him as a pop rocker with roots to rock and roll...his voice is really not for AC...yeah he can sing smooth ballads...but he really comes alive when there is a rocking beat...or in th soft arrangement almost, acoustic.

Wow soudns like CLay and company are having lots of fun. I love the spontaneity of this group. Its so real...its like abig ol family or gang and we are part of the party...totally cool.

Starting again. Carwash

-----

guy from crowd is dancing really getting into it

-----

September

Get ready for the high kickin'

Say do you remember, crowd goes crazy with each kick

PAL just said GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh What a Night!!! Rockin it out......

Voice is pristine tonight.....

September......

Lower register is full y engaged....

Through in a funky new dance move...must be part of his newly found "funk"

I think our cellcerter reported that Clay sat on Angela's lap in the beanbag chair?

"Too Much Heaven" now.

-----

Mandy

Voice is nice, Madison says he's really into this song tonight....intermittent screaming ....

Long long note on "youuuuu"..........drug that out forever.....soft, low but solid and lonnnnng......crowd roars again with screaming and clapping.....

Clay held that last beautiful "you" forever. HUGE, HUGE response as this song ends.

Introducing the 70s now. Says the next song is for "You guys out there in the rain." BOTW!

-----

beautiful end to bridge with great response from crowd

-----

OMG, that last note on BOTW!! The crowd just erupted.

Felix's turn! Getting huge response from the audience.

-----

It's amazing ....how he can do this night after night....each song better than the last....loving the big, big notes.....with his lips.....it must be somewhat like working on a chain gang for 12 hours.........

Standing "O" for BOTW.....

Here comes the preacher man...........

and here comes Our Choir Boy..........

-----

WDC sounds really good tonight!

-----

Why do we screaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at each other. held that forever. don't recall him doing that long in Cary.

-----

Some squeals and screams as Clay sings the gospel intro. Mostly at the end of phrases.

OK, someone just yelled something. No idea what, but it has some people laughing.

That extended "satisfied" drew some screams, and that prolonged "screeeeeeeam" drew many more screams and cheers.

HUGE screams as the tempo picks up. I think the cellcerter reported that he got the robe off without trouble tonight.

Lots of OMG's and groans in my ear......

Crowd went ballistic..........

He tried to put some ice down angela.....(I think) said he got ice from someone in the front row....

Touch if you will my stomach and those ladies are caressing OMC's belly! He just cracked up lauging! Those girls get him giggling too much!

The crows just screeched so he must have dipped her!

I'll get clarification on that ice thing at the end....Madison says he is ruthless with her tonight....who thinks the girls got locked in their dressing rooms again today......

she said someone in the front row had a bag of ice....

I'll finish this story later....

Doing his step dancing now....

Here It comes......Alone~ Absolutely beautiful.....

Slowing it down for "Alone." His voice is lingering on the lyrics...gorgeous.

Amps things up for the chorus, sounding amazing. Really big cheers.

"Rock With You."

-----

Sailing

-----

Somehow, "Sailing" feels like it is in just the right place in the set. Clay sounds so beautiful and contemplative singing it.

-----

So beautiful..smooth notes..like butter..

Voice sounding like perfection..(as always) *Sigh*

-----

Sailing is too beautiful for words.....

Saillllllling..........voice soars ...............

Soft gentle.....the back ups bring up the end nicely....great harmony.....

Madison says for those of you who care for details....."the hair is perfect tonight, very very nice...

-----

Apparently, Clay was trying not to crack up during "Sailing" because...someone was keeping time by tapping on Angela's foot? I don't know how the staging for this song works, so I'm not sure whether it was Clay or something.

And a HUGE cheer as "Can't Touch This" begins. Clay starts his spiel about 90s fashion.

-----

OK, Clay is "blaming" Angela for all the funny stuff that has happened tonight. I heard him say that she was the one who pulled him onto her lap, etc. He went through a whole list. Very funny, apparently.

-----

It sounded as if the audience was really quiet druing Sailing..may be we'll get nice audio clack from this concert!!

I can't make out what he's saying.. He's talking about Angela...then says Quaina's name..then something about Jacob.. he talks sooo fast!!

"These are the 90's!!!"

-----

BLACK VELVET NOW

You go Angela!!!

-----

Black Velvet very graspy and strong tonight. lots of feeling into the song

-----

END OF THE ROAD NOW!

Who woulda thunk Clay would/could do BOYZ II MEN???

they are all so good on the harmonizing part!

----

from cb:

Preacher man just finished his spill. he's a hoot!

now choirboy clay is being angelic but we know the devil inside is getting ready to erupt!!!

---

can hear Clay clear for this one..yay!!

Why do we screaaaaamm at each other!!!

This is what it sounds like..When Doves Cry!!!!

Here we gooooo!!!!!

----

---

I can still see that deep dip of Angela. I thought he would break her back! She must be one limber gal!!!

This is what it sounds like when the crows cry!!!

Touch if you will my stomach and those ladies are caressing OMC's belly! He just cracked up lauging! Those girls get him giggling too much!

The crows just screeched so he must have dipped her!

so glad for no DOVUS INTERRUPTUS THIS TIME!

Kitty4Clay

No Longer Solitaire

(8/8/05 9:33 pm)

Reply Re: OFFICIAL Wolf Trap, VA Cellcert (reports and chat thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WDC sounds really good tonight! My friend just called me.

---

Lots of moaning from the audience when Clay sings.."Touch if you will my stomach"

(lots of rubbing goin on..)can I say that?) hee..

Wailing on "Tooo Bold"

Whew...I'm spent...

All Night long..

Never gonna Give you Up..(I made a montage with this song.. )

---

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!!! (He's sounding alot like Rick Astley here)

We won't give you up either Clay!!!

(I hope somebody will walk me to my car after this is over. I'm all ALONE!!!!) AND CLAY SINGS ALONE AS GOOD AS ANYTHING! Man he can sing it all!!!

POWER........

TIL NOW, I always got by on my own.

chills me to the bone. How can I get you ALONE!!! (just ask )

----

I'll get clarification on that ice thing at the end....Madison says he is ruthless with her tonight....who thinks the girls got locked in their dressing rooms again today......

she said someone in the front row had a bag of ice....

I'll finish this story later....

Doing his step dancing now....

Here It comes......Alone~ Absolutely beautiful.....

---

We're getting a report that during WDC some ice cubes were involved.

Either Angela or Clay or both were putting ice cubes down each other's shirts.. will try to find out..this sounds wild!!

---

The gloved one has entered the stage!

We're gotta feel that beat adn we can ride the boogie...

I'm gonna ROCK WITH YOU...all night

I wanna rcok with you

dance the night away

---

Sailing

So beautiful..smooth notes..like butter..

Voice sounding like perfection..(as always) *Sigh*

---

Now he's taking us on a SAILBOAT!!!

I love this song.

If the wind is right, find serenity

Ohhh the canvas can do miralcesl, wiat and see

not too far from never never land

wind is right

oh the canvas can do miracles

just you wait and see, believe me

Sailing, takes me away to where I always heard it should be

Carry me, soon I will be free

Fantasy, it gets the best of me

when I'm sailing (so sultry)

all caught up in the memory

everyword a symphony, believe me

Sailing, takes me away to where I've always heard it should be

Dreams carry me, soon I will be free (forgive my lyrics!)

musical interlude (luv S'von and the Grand Piano)

Least not for you

wind right, sail away

find serenity

ohhhh canvas can do miracles

Believeeeee me

Sailin', takes me away

wind carry me, soon I will be free

such a peaceful end to a peaceful song!

Luv it luv it luv it!!!!!

---

Sailing is too beautiful for words.....

Saillllllling..........voice soars ...............

Soft gentle.....the back ups bring up the end nicely....great harmony.....

Madison says for those of you who care for details....."the hair is perfect tonight, very very nice......linlas says, "must be hawt!"

---

1990'S HAMMER TIME!!!

Now going through the funky dances. Quiana doing the running dance.

Ragging on Angela's dance now

Said something about somebody asking him out in the 90's and a crush on him???? somebody pulled him over to sit on his lap!!!!

---

BLACK VELVET NOW

You go Angela!!!

---

It sounded as if the audience was really quiet druing Sailing..may be we'll get nice audio clack from this concert!!

I can't make out what he's saying.. He's talking about Angela...then says Quaina's name..then something about Jacob.. he talks sooo fast!!

"These are the 90's!!!"

Black Velvet

---

END OF THE ROAD NOW!

they sound soooo good here and I didn't get it on video. I was too busy taking pics and didn't concentrate on just the performance! Who woulda thunk Clay would/could do BOYZ II MEN???

they are all so good on the harmonizing part!

---

OK, Clay is "blaming" Angela for all the funny stuff that has happened tonight. I heard him say that she was the one who pulled him onto her lap, etc. He went through a whole list. Very funny, apparently.

"Black Velvet."

---

Iris,

Clay Johnny R of goo goo dolls has nothing on you. I just wish he had brought it down just an octave but he's still thudalicious.

---

End of the Road..harmonies are tight..so beautiful...

Iris...

LLVL!!!! Shake it clay!!! Wooooo!!

Major screaming!~~~

Black Velvet very graspy and strong tonight. lots of feeling into the song

"End of the Road" sounding brilliant. This is one of my must-downloads for every show, along with the Elvis medley, ICMYLM and the new songs.

---

90's...............

Black Velvet......in his little boy sweet southern style......

End of the Road......greeted with loud screams.....

His voice is clear and perfect again for this song....I won't say again he should record everything ever written cause Psalm will come after me agin with her Tiny Tim line!!

Crowd roars with his ending.....

Iris now......rockin' it gently now....excuse me I need a moment

LLVL!!! Hips swaying, arms flailing back, chest out, hip swiveling, the ladies are holding back, it's a full on onslaught....

---

Jumping right into LA VIDA LOCA!!! He is MUY LOCA ( Yo Amo) in this song. His manuerism are hilarious.

Just yanked that vest off and the crows go wild!!!

She'll push and pull you out

She wil wear you out! Living la vida local

--

The screaming coming thru the phone is crazy!~~~

Living La Vida Loca!!! We are loco over you Clay!!!!

--

Wild creaming!

--

Huge ovations after LVL and now it gets bewy bewy quiet.

Time for ICMYLM.

TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS....

Oh, the crowd just laughed, so he's up to somethin.

Don't patrionize. Cuz I can't make you love me(TRY ME CLAY! iT WOULDN'T BE TOO HARD!)

You can't make your heart feel something it won't. (It's full of love for you man!)

I will lay down....finest hours (couldn't make out lyrics and don't know them!)

This is one slowwwww version.

Crowd gives him the props again!!!

---

Oh my goodness..someone screamed thru the phone after LLVL was done...it scared my parakeet and he fell off his perch!!!

ICMYLM...crowd quiet.no screaming out that I can hear..

Oh Clay..you can bring me to tears with this song.. sooo beautiful..

---

Whistles and screams all through the intro to ICMYLM!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

----

LLVL -- the crowd is going nuts as Clay flings off his vest, and starts the chorus. I can barely hear him over the screams! The vocals are spot-on, though! HUGE, HUGE screams at the end of this song.

The intro to ICMYLM now. Crowd still screaming.

----

When he said "Lay down with Me" there was a lot of laughter... I think I heard thunder...

---