2010 March madness

Couch Tomato

We have set up our own little area for some March madness fun. Even if you aren't that knowledgeable about college basketball it's still fun to follow this tournament and compete against your fellow Clay fan. I'm a huge sports fan and even I don't follow college basketball but it's fun to make my brackets every year.

Like I said on main -- http://findingclayai...ts.com/brackets

you'll be able to do your brackets here after you register.

You have to register before the games begin - and they start on March 16th

Password after registration is Clay1234.

Prize for the winner: $25 gift certificate Amazon - just enough for a copy of any album or DVD you may want to purchase in a few months!!

Here's the scoring breakdown.

RoundWeightBonusRound 11None Round 22None Round 34NoneRound 48None Round 516NoneRound 632 NoneIf there's tie at the end of the final, then total points will be used to break the tie. Person closest to the total number of points scored wins.

Ok Sorry guess there's another step in there. Looks like you have to get an invite. Perusing One set it up so I think she has to do it. Not sure..but we'll let you know ASAP.

And it looks like yo have until Noon March 18th to do your brackets so not quite as fast as I originally though.

This is the revised to a much simpler way than what I originally posted. If you're getting the "this bracket is private" message, go to http://findingclayaiken.mayhem.cbssports.com/e and enter your login info and/or group password (clay1234) as requested. That should get you in so you can make your picks.

Apparently this involves smack talking. I'm in!

Houston?!? Are you insane?

Actually, I have a feeling this is one of those years I burn my bracket after the first round. There isn't really a dominant team out there. All of them can be beaten on any given day.

ETA: I just looked at Karen's complete bracket and that is not the craziest thing about it. You know a 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed, right? Did you let the cats fill out the bracket?

What can I say - the cats are hard-core b-ball fans! And I didn't notice all the little numbers next to the teams. Besides, I think Hakeem Olajuwon played for Houston at some point. And I like red and white.

If KAndre gets first in our little bracket and Houston wins this whole shabang, I'll buy broker front row tix for her.

Forget that. If Lehigh beats Kansas and Vermont beats Syracuse, we should book her a fancy suite in Reno and throw her a party.

It's smack...an addictive form of entertainment. Many sports fans are envious (yes, envious, I say) at my skill at choosing teams I know nothing about, and therefore offer amusing commentary.

Heh....NCAA Tournament Proving That Mid-Major Semi-Upper-Lower-Middle-Mids Should Be Taken Seriously

Have I won yet? Does the relative number of posts in here count toward my total? I have LOTS of red strike-throughs! Looking at the standing, I notice that I'm at one end, away from all sheep-like sports fans picking those boring highly ranked teams...where's the insanity?!?!?

It's smack...an addictive form of entertainment. Many sports fans are envious (yes, envious, I say) at my skill at choosing teams I know nothing about, and therefore offer amusing commentary.

heee

I loved how you picked Houston to win the whole thing. I even rooted for them for you heee

Heh....NCAA Tournament Proving That Mid-Major Semi-Upper-Lower-Middle-Mids Should Be Taken Seriously

Have I won yet? Does the relative number of posts in here count toward my total? I have LOTS of red strike-throughs! Looking at the standing, I notice that I'm at one end, away from all sheep-like sports fans picking those boring highly ranked teams...where's the insanity?!?!?

It's not like I actually watch any of the games. It looks like couchie and I have a showdown tonight as our respective chosen winners face each other.

It's not like I actually watch any of the games. It looks like couchie and I have a showdown tonight as our respective chosen winners face each other.

and I watched ..yay West Virginia. I love this tournament. 3 number one seeds gone! Love it.

I think most people in the country can say the same thing Solo!

I know that last year was the first time in forever if not ever that 4 number one seeds made it to the final 4 -- but I can't believe how they have been taken out. this year And the funny part is that Duke is still in it when they were the only number one team that was questioned. Many thought West Virginia should have been a number 1.