Aug 9, Ohio State Fair

Ansamcw

Guiltily runs into the thread:

From Clayboard, Clayversity, etc.

Quote:

Think he's saying Ohio was the birthplace of rock & roll.

That was the first rock & roll song to hit #1 on Billboard.

Talking about how much r&r has changed in the past 50 - 60 years. Just goofed up something about the number of years. Lots of laughter.

Great cheers at saying the name "Righteous Brothers". He said see if you recognize this song.

Yeah, they recognized UM!! They approve.

-----

Huge cheers at first glory-ish note.

Down low and "I need your love" - just GAHHHHHHHHHHH!

-----

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Great ending to the song!!

Huge ovation.

-----

The crowd erupts in appreciation and recognition as Clay sings the first few notes of "Unchained Melody."

The screams are intermittent. They petered out so people could listen to Clay, but started again when he sang that first "MINE!"

Audience taking in the song now. Clay wailing on "time goes by." The crowd just went absolutely nuts when he hit that falsetto "need."

HUGE cheers at the pause after the last "to." And the screams are just enormous as "Unchained Melody" ends.

Screams as Clay sits down at the piano, and announces that he is about to embarrass himself. Introducing the Elvis medley.

-----

over at piano now...changing shoes..lol...talking about medly..1950 and 60..one person more than anyone else..sold more albumn than any one else..some people call the king ..here he goes...love me tender l.....never let me go...still looks little scared playing the piano....great absolutely great...I swear if i didint know better ..would be listing to elvis..but this is so much better....

-----

Clay singing LMT, well, tenderly. Beautifully.

And crowd goes nuts as Clay starts "Hounddog," with more cheers greeting "Blue Suede Shoes." Now, "Don't Be Cruel" -- sounding great!

-----

Don't Be Cruel

Heartbreak Hotel - HUGE screams

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--those low notes!!!!!!!!!!! Can barely hear the glorious singing for the screaming!!

Jail House Rock - oh my, you can feel the energy though the phone line!!

They're raising the roof on the place!!

Quote:

And the crowd has completely lost it on "Heartbreak Hotel."

"Jailhouse Rock" ended to an enormous reception.

The crowd is soaking in "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" -- Clay sounds gorgeous. Big cheers now.

"Suspicious Minds" now -- the crowd really getting into it.

-----

Can't Help Falling In Love - was beautiful.

Suspicious Minds now. Pretty loud scream at end of first few lines. This feels like a Clay song to me now.

Audience seems to be listening more than screaming right this minute!

-----

SUSPIOUS MINDS IS SUCH AN AWESOME SONG.

HE HIT THE HIGH NOTE PERFECTLY

-----

suspicious mindssssssssss......these people love our guy....dancing happy clay...said he looks amazing..just beautiful...little stubble...Clays mic went out

-----

Great crowd response as SM ends -- extended applause.

Clay narrates the 60s introduction

-----

He just stepped through the clothes rack! Screams, screams, screams!

Daydream Believer

This is so light and bouncy and feels so good!

-----

DOWNTOWN.............

EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT TIME

-----

Can't Buy Me Love - crowd loving it!

-----

LOTS OF LAUGHER......CLAYS SINGING CANT BUY ME LOVE. HE MUST BE DOING THE HEAD SHAKE...........GO CLAY

SUGAR ....SUGAR...

SOMEONE YELLED OH MY

-----

"Sugar Sugar" now -- screams greet the start. I hear some audience giggling -- but I don't think Clay interrupted the song to laugh.

"So Happy Together" now.

-----

Arm around Q…. I think about you day and night… so happy together….

i can't see me lov'n nobody but you... for all my life...

-----

She says there are a lot of men there, couples with their arms around eachother swaying to the music…. So cute…

-----

they are behaving themselves tonight..durning sugar sugar...happy togetherrrrr....he is absolutely flaueless tonight....major yelling...crwod loving this....kicking up a storm..long extended kicks..perfection....perfect rythem...said they did incredible

-----

Solitaire

-----

Screams greet the beginning of "Solitaire." It's hard to hear Clay through them.

-----

solitarie...quiet now..some occasional yelling out...he has mastered this song...sound so strong and sticking....clay stoped singing..now back..think he forgot the words again..back on now...

-----

FORGOT THE WORDS THEN GAVE A CUTE SMILE HUGE SCREAMING!!!!!!!!

-----

Whoops. Clay mucked up the lyrics to start the second verse of "Solitaire." I think. But I think he sang the chorus again, and then launched into the second verse again. Back on track now! Big cheers.

Nails the glory note -- beautiful, and the crowd is cheering wildly.

-----

The fans are going nuts! Show’n the love! Solitaire now… so soft, cutting out though… a heart that cares, that went unshared…. Only game in town… he’s play’n solitare… he messed up the words… he just gave a little smile when he realized he did it… waiting for the glorynote….that is the only important part anyway… Clay said so!

Goes without saying….Solitaireeeeeeeeeee held it forever…. Love again… keeping to himself he plays the game…. Without her love… he’s play’n solitaireeeee. Massive screams - he grabbed his jacket a little at the end when he got emotional… got Claysy emotional too!

Girls singing now…Where did our love go

-----

ENORMOUS response as "Solitaire" ends. Really enormous, extended applause.

Motown medley starts.

-----

Clay introducing the Motown medley, Gladys Knight and the Pips. He has the audience cheering and giggling with his Pip impression.

Quote:

Where Did Our Love Go

Then a HUGE response when Clay walked back in.

He did a great job on the Motown commentary - sounded very self-assured.

Midnight Train To Georgia

Big cheer a bit ago - must have been a Pip move!

A few lines later, more huge screams!

-----

My Girl - the crowd is loving the Aiken!!

-----

clay talking..four tops miracles. pips...leaving on a frieght train...laughing goin on....lots of moans....wohooooooooo...he is just so darn cute....month of may...what would make me feel this way my gurllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

-----

Clay sounding great on "My Girl."

"Tears of a Clown" now -- sounding excellent!

-----

Rescue me… Angela… she is sounding good

-----

Rescue Me - another great job on it.

-----

GRAPEVINE NOW. JACOBS SINGING

-----

Heard It Through The Grapevine - good job on it too so far.

-----

jacob now...heard it through the grapevine...lots of screaming ..clay is back...reach out reach out...crows go crazy..i'll be there..Clay has mastered the crows....he owns us for eternity....amazing at working the crowd...putty in his hand...I want to be play doh....

-----

I'll Be There - reach out for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Whoa, this sounds incredible!

Still, you can feel the energy in that place tonight!

Freedom - sounds like Angie is delivering the goods!

-----

Sounds like Angela did a great job on "Think" -- great response.

Talking about how hard it was getting the Pips thing down.

-----

HES TALKING ABOUT THE 50 AND 60. TALKING ABOUT THE PIP THING.

TALKING ABOUT THE SUPREMES, EARTH WIND AND FIRE. PEOPLE ARE YELLING I LOVE YOU CLAY.

FRANKIE VALLEY AND WHATEVER YOU CALL THE OTHER GROUP. THE 4 SEASONS......EVERYONES LAUGHING

-----

The fans are really hooping and hollering! He says he has been trying to get the pip thing right.. and he thinks he got it right tonight…

Talking now… he couldn’t think of the name of Frankie Vallie…said he was born in 78 give him a break… time to look for a man to add some funk….

-----

HES TALKING ABOUT A LOT OF LADIES IN THE AUDIENCE. THE GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN BOUND, TIED AND GAGGED TO GO TO HIS CONCERT. HE WANTS TO CHANGE THAT. HOW CAN WE MAKE THEM LIKE HIS CONCERTS. HES LOOKING

-----

HES TELLING THE GUY NOT TO BE ASHAMED. WHO DID HE COME WITH?

LOTS OF SCREAMING AND LAUGHING

-----

SAID THIS IS NOT THE PRICE IS RIGHT

-----

THE GUY SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS THE DRIVER FOR THE LADIES.

HE SAID HIS WIFE SPENDS MOST OF HER TIME DOING THE CLAY THING....SOMETHING LIKE THAT

-----

Ok, this banter MUST be downloaded! Talking about what makes people happy, then looking for someone who isn't happy to be there. Then talking about funk again, and calling a guy a claymate - kind of hard to tell what all he's saying but he has the audience in the palm of his hand, as normal, and the screaming is INTENSE!!

We've got a lot of funks goin' on here tonight!

-----

Men need to be bound and gagged to get them to the concert… Ethel is there…she is jumping up and down and waving her arms… He said some guy was to excited.. told him he couldn’t come down – this is not the price is right…. 1

Still looking for some guy to help out… found a sign that says something like..’save me Clay this is my 4th clay concert’ … young guy brought/drove a whole lot of ladies along with his wife – says his wife spends most of her time on the clay sites! He is taking him up… she told me his name but I couldn’t her it clearly.

-----

Now is Ain't No Mountain High Enough!

-----

Intermission

Quote:

Starting again. Carwash

-----

Someone used the text messaging to tell people to put their signs down! LOL

-----

car wash..working at the car wash pimp hat....laughing going on...he is trying to keep up with their dancing..laughing...

-----

What A Night - HUGE screams when Clay came back on stage!! He sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great!!

-----

September - sounds very energetic - great audience response at the dancing part! They're going crazy. They're exploding at the kicks!!

-----

Nights on Broadway - sounds fabulous!

-----

hug screaming..now oh what a night...clay yelled give it up ...girls are rockin....bweber said he really has done great with is dancing....kickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkdance...great absolutely perfect......

-----

I LOVE HIM SINGING NIGHTS ON BROADWAY

NOW HE'S ON THE BEANBAG.

-----

now I Feel The Earth Move - HUGE energy and appreciative audience!

-----

earth move undr my feet......month of may..so much screaming cant hardly hear...must have fixed sound problem...its great now....

-----

OMG ITS MANDY

ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

-----

Mandy - oh be still my heart!! Out-Barrying Barry. Love, love, love this interpretation, even more than the original (and I love it a lot!)

Real big audience response at end of first verse.

taking a minute here to listen to this...so breathtaking...he looks up ..like to the heavens...spotlight on him..shining like an angel...looks really into the song..very connected to it...emotional like....exquiste voice..just no words..and the crowd crazy with love for him

-----

OMG, this is gorgeous - Mandy. Barry's making money every time Clay sings it!! At least I think Barry wrote it.

HUGE and I mean HUGE response to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Still going on.

Now talking about the 70's.

ugly fashion

controversial - vietnam war

tv

only thing he can think of great about the 70's - couldn't tell exactly what he said tonight but the audience definitely agrees

-----

MAJOR SCREAMS........

-----

now that was the 70's he says...talking about tv jefferson...vietnam...major yelling couldnt make out what he said...this crowd is wild...over taking his voice...BOTW

-----

BOTW--FABULOUS!!!

-----

BOTW - HUGE beginning, met by HUGE audience recognition and approval. Lord, this sounds incredible!!

-----

HERE IS COMES

EASE YOUR MIND..........PERFECT NOTE.........

NOW THE 80'S BANTER.

-----

Awesome back-up too.

This will be a d/l MUST.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd!!!

HUGE, THUNDEROUS response - I think the crowd noise was a little less during the song so this may be a great d/l candidate. Regardless, Clay was PHENOMENAL on it. Absolutely incredible. OMG.

-----

WDC

-----

HE SOUNDS SO BEAUTIFUL

MAYBE IM JUST LIKE MY FATHER TOO BOLD.

MAYBE IM JUST LIKE MY MOTHER SHES NEVER SATISFIED.

REAL LOW NOTE.

SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM AT EACH OTHER

-----

Vocals are soaring, and then gentle. Sounds like a choirboy. Screams started after "mother". Just did the Satisfied run, screams. Now he's at "scream" and yes, they are! This is beautiful.

And here we go!

-----

so peaceful..preacher man...light shining on him...lookin up

here we go ..screammmmmm..at each other....the crowd erupts in explosion...robe is rips right off of him....out jumps rocker clay....oh gheezz this is good...work it baby...and he is...

-----

Screams greeting a few lines into the active part of WDC, then subsided, then up again at "father". HUGE at "When Doves Cry"

"Stomach" eliciting WILD screams!!

-----

lots of woohoo...big huge screams..must be working angela now..dont really know..oh yeah he is...points finger at her..dancing..hip swaying...so much yelling....when doves cryyyyyyyyyyyyyy....they are out of control in Ohio....holding note forever..doing his thang...he is right on...

All Night Long. Sound great. Beautiful tone, good staccato feel during parts of this. Feels energetic. Good sax.

-----

bweber said [WDC] very good no messing around..worked up and down and all around...crowd shook the earth on that one..singin all night long now..crowd on their feet...congo line...bouncy clay lots of wooohooo..major moaning...there is definately thuddinging in the upper midwest tonight..

-----

I'm hearing screams during "All Night Long" -- the audience seems really into it. Our cellcerters are also giggling, but I think it's the dorky-sexy they're seeing.

HUGE screams as "All Night Long" ends and "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Cellcerter says, "I think this is what he meant when he said he can't dance!" They say that with love -- something about the funky chicken?! That was during "All Night Long."

Slowing it down for "Alone" -- screams as the audience recognizes the song.

-----

Crowd is going absolutely crazy as Clay hits the chorus of "Alone" -- he sounds amazing!! HUGE squeals/cheers!

"Rock With You" now.

-----

Rock with You is getting some screams too - but not as many! It sounds good.

-----

so much crowd noise...clay pulling this crowd in..he is great..

sailing...quite now...few yells..beautiful...

-----

Jacob got a very nice response to "Rock With You."

There was a "We love you, Jacob!" as the intro to "Sailing" played.

Now, some cheers as Clay reappears, and the audience is actually paying attention to him singing -- he sounds fantastic.

-----

like they are hanging on every word...waiting for the next to come out of that beautiful mouth..sailinggggg..how does he do this night after night...such a great song and he masters it

-----

Sailing does sound beautiful. Very relaxing. Kind of does feel like a quiet day on the water.

-----

SAILING IS OVER

LOTS OF SCREAMING AND APPLAUSE.

CANT TOUCH THIS..........

-----

The crowd is being very respectful during "Sailing." Well, there was one stray "Wooooooh!" in the middle of the song. There were some nice cheers as Clay stepped off.

Big, big cheers as "Sailing" gets played out.

And now...HUGE cheers as Clay steps back out in 90s garb. Wardrobe commentary. Said something about Jacob and S'von? I think.

Oh my! He asked Angela, "What is this? A business suit? I don't know what kind of business Angela is doing?"

-----

Doing the 90's talk now. Can't really understand much of it. Something about spandex. He's eliciting much laughter!

Saying they have to do whatever he says! Want to see them do that thing again?

He just gave a huge Clay laugh.

These are the 1990's!

Black Velvet

black velvet..wow great vocals...crowd like it major major screaming...

-----

I think Q and A do such a fabulous job with the last Black Velvet in the song. Incredible.

Barry White guy now.

Now, End of the Road. Jacob's part.

In a moment, HEAVEN - IMO!

-----

"End of the Road" -- you go, Clarence, with your Barry White self! The audience is loving him!

It sounded like Jacob might have started singing a touch too early? But he corrected really quickly if he did. Screams puncturing his vocals. Clay is practically drowned out by screams as he starts singing. He sounds so amazing!

The audience loved the harmonies at the end! Big cheers!

-----

Yep, HEAVEN!

There is so much passion and emotion in Clay's delivery of End of the Road. Incredible!

-----

Iris.

Another wonderful Clay voice.

Gorgeous, strong, secure, passionate.

-----

HUGE screams greet LLVL.

-----

More huge screams at "take your clothes off" and the vest toss.

You can feel his rhythm just through the vocals! Ahem.

Yeah, they liked it!!

-----

WOW. When Clay does his vest thing, the audience went completely nuts. I couldn't even hear him over the screams for a while. The crowd loved this -- tremendous cheers.

-----

I CANT MAKE YOU LOVE ME IF YOU DONT......

MAJOR YELLS.....WE LOVE YOU CLAY

-----

Intro to ICMYLM. The screams continue. I'm hearing a lot of "I love you, Clay!"s. Hopefully, people will rein themselves in. <sigh> People are NOT shutting up.

Clay starts singing, there are more screams. Now, people have shut up, for the most part. He sounds incredible.

I Will Always Love You! Quianna......there are no words to describe her voice on this song. Crowd is on their feet for Quianna and the song isn't even half done. She gets lots and lots of love as she should. She has unbelievable talent.

-----

Continued screaming and cheering during IWALY.

HUGE response as Quiana hits the key change on IWALY. I think some of the crowd is singing along?

-----

what a girl..she need a record deal and fast..simon..you jerk the crowd is wild for her still on their feet...STANDING OO for our girl...just beautiful..whitney look out you have been replaced...permanentaly

-----

HES INTRODUCING THE BAND AND BACK UP SINGERS NOW. MENTIONING THEIR WEBSITES. WHAT A GUY.

-----

He just said something funny in Angela's intro and promotion of her album. Couldn't tell what.

-----

some laughter..clay sure loves his people..and he shows it..gives them their props..doesnt give a darn about himself..he is just so proud of them all..including crew..giving them all a round of applause

-----

Clay introducing "some of the best vocalists I've ever heard in my life," talking about how lucky he is to be surrounded by them. Suggests that people get her album at her website when they log on to the message boards. Also plugs Jacob's album at another website.

Now introducing the band. Says something about Felix -- something of his getting more colorful every night. Spends some extra time introducing to S'von.

Now, cracking up introducing the crew, thanking the crew for its hard work.

Now intro-ing the 2000s. Laughing about how he forgets things when he has a script. Huge cheers as we hit 2003.

IWCY now -- sounding great!

-----

THE WAY SOUNDS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

-----

THE WAY...............HE STILL GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS WITH THIS SONG

-----

Really enormous cheers greeting TW! More enthusiastic cheers during the chorus of TW. The audience really seemed to love this.

WYSYLM, more cheers greeting the start of this song. Audience is clapping along.

OK, I have to say, there are some screamers who have kept it up for this song, and it's annoying.

OK, I have to say, there are some screamers who have kept it up for this song, and it's annoying.

-----

WYSYLM - met by recognition and screams.

Words right!

Big response at end of WYSYLM.

2006 - album should be out before the next Ohio State Fair (is what I think he said)

1000 Days

-----

HE SAID IF YOU BOO WE'LL TAKE THEM OFF THE ALBUM AND KICK YOU OUT

Clay so owns BFM!!

The music is hard to catch on the cellcert so I wonder if that's because of big screaming?

-----

BACK FOR MORE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

-----

BM...love this..rockin to the beat..holding mic..both hands...here he goes..all over the radio..anthe crowd is in heaven...working all of the stage...rockin back and forth...how many lives does an old women have..gheezzz..they truly love this song..radio radio radio...dancing clay crowd on feets..blowing him away.singing every word ...sound like madison square garedns singin to me...

-----

HUGE cheers as Clay hits the second chorus of BFM. Definitely hearing the screamers and collective cheering on this song.

The crowd is completely NUTS after this song. HUGE cheers, they're launching right into "Invisible" now, so the audience shifts gears to sing along.

-----

Clay is definitely NOT invisible to this crowd!!

Still has them in the palm of his hand.

YOUR TURN! And they're singing to him!

If I was Invisible - I'd make you mine tonight!

-----

Goodness, that sounded awesome - superb delivery of Invisible! Crowd is going bonkers!! Absolutely bonkers!! Absolutely!!

Aftershow cellstream report: fromCV

Brandilyne apologizes on behalf of Columbus for the banshee-screaming during ICMYLM. She's mortified, and mightily pissed. She says Clay sounded incredible, too.

Brandi reporting on the dancing on LLVL -- she said that in the Clack, he has looked like a marionette. Tonight, she reports, "Not so much with the windmills/drowning in a cup of water/backstroke." She said it was way better tonight.

He apparently demonstrated one of the goofy dancing moves of the 90s. The one that isn't the funky chicken or the running man. He did that move "forever" tonight, and it was apparently hilarious. Angela was laughing, so he asked, "Do you want to see it again?" She said, "Yes." So he did it again.

Brandi says that dancing as he goes into "Never Gonna Give You Up" was the funniest thing she has ever seen -- she said they should have been playing "Play that Funky Music, White Boy." She loved it.

Brandi talking to a male passing by, asking if he enjoyed the show, and he replied with an emphatic, "Yes!"

Robe ripoff was very clean on WDC, so says Brandi.

Held out "screeeeeeeeeam" for so long that Brandi told Panty Queen that this bodes very well for his future wife. She said, coupled with the robe ripoff, was like a "job interview." BWAH!

Clay pointed out that Angela's "business suit" was Spandex, and followed with the comment about how he doesn't know what business she's in!

Brandi thought that both Clay and Angela stayed in character tonight on WDC. There were backbends.

Brandi thinks the show is extremely high-energy, but is most impressed with how this show is a full-out performance, really well-planned.

Brandilyne confirms that the venue is like a rectangular long box, the very back side corners, she's not sure they sell those, but everything else was packed.

Brandilyne says "1000 Days" sounds "pretty f*cking good" live. She says the bridge is like a thunderstorm that rolls in as a girl runs outside, and then lightning strikes and thunder crashes when the glory note hits. She also says that girl is either being chased by gangsters on skateboards, or that Clay rescues her at the end of a tunnel while he is riding a skateboard.

Clay gets really into BFM and "1000 Days." The crowd was hugely into BFM and "1000 Days," as was the band.

OMG. I love Brandilyne. I can hardly type, I'm laughing so hard!

Brandilyne just noted Clay's stubbliness tonight. She says that she wouldn't mind if he let the stubble grow a bit, "You just think about what it would feel like. You shouldn't, but you do."