#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Just loved the interview, helps me understand things about someone coming out. It was fun hearing talk like that and explaining things, understand how he is guarded to give info about his relationship and not wanting to show pics of Parker. Just can't wait for the concerts in August, how am I going to stand waiting for them!

Your post makes me very happy, preden. :bighug:

Welcome to the world of wishing your summer away for Clay! :teehee2:

I've heard some disturbing things at my church lately, like it was wrong for me to accept homosexuality and that I'm in the wrong as much as they are and I was glad to hear clay talk about coming out and how his family reacted, just love the guy just the way he is! In fact I just love homosexuals and heterosexuals alike. I'm a people person!!!

I've heard some disturbing things at my church lately, like it was wrong for me to accept homosexuality and that I'm in the wrong as much as they are and I was glad to hear clay talk about coming out and how his family reacted, just love the guy just the way he is! In fact I just love homosexuals and heterosexuals alike. I'm a people person!!!

I hate to tell you the things I was taught in church in the racist 50s and 60s in the south. Eventually they kicked me and my whole family out for my inappropriate associations (not the term that was used, as you can probably imagine). You have to decide whether you want to stand up for what you believe is right. I hope that 50 years from now most people cannot even imagine how homosexuals used to be viewed and treated. We'll never overcome all prejudices (and I know there is still a lot of racism out there) but if we can reach the point where gay bashing (including "jokes" like so many we have heard as Clay fans) is no longer socially normative or acceptable in "polite" company (much less in church!) and where, as Clay says, someone famous coming out is not "news," we'll have come a long way.

A little off the wall - I like John Waters a lot - he is one of the most freakishly entertaining dudes of this century...and this recent quote spoke to me about Clay's career (especially with his singing of Misty) in this article:

You're a well-documented cultural figure, but your book still manages to spring some surprises. I wouldn't have guessed you were a fan of Johnny Mathis.

I remember, when I was 11, I went to a party across the street, and they were playing Johnny Mathis music, and all the older kids were making out to it. He makes everybody in the world want to make out, even 80-year-olds, and that's kind of hilarious to me. He doesn't participate in the fame game, and he's still incredibly famous. Do you ever see him at a premiere? Or on a talk show? I went to his Christmas show, and it was completely sold out. And there was no interview with Johnny Mathis in the local paper.

I asked him, "Don't you get sick of singing the same songs?" He said, "No, you pretend you're the audience every night, and you haven't heard it." So I respect him, and I still like to hear him sing.

I enjoy the promo while it's going on, but if Clay wants to be a later-day Johnny Mathis - I can live with that.

EEEEE! More pictures!

EEEEEE! More appearances!

I love that man.

____

On a different note, I added a thread in our "Clay: The Man, The Music, The Boyfriend" section with the lyrics for all the songs of Tried and True. Admit it, you've stumbled on the lyrics to Mack the Knife, right? The thread is here.

Interesting article on Christina Aguilera: Aguilera not her usual chart-topping self, yetRelevant highlights: she took time off to be a mom, she's not selling well, her tour was cancelled due to lack of sales (remember when Clay used her set for a previous cancelled tour?). Nobody hits it all the time, not even "cool" people.

Aguilera is returning to music after four years away from stadium tours and Billboard charts: The multiplatinum Grammy-winner took some time to just "be married," as she says, and spent the last two years raising her son with husband Jordan Bratman. And while she's confident she'll regain her old spot at the top of the pop world, the comeback so far hasn't gone exactly according to plan.

First single "Not Myself Tonight" peaked at 23 on the Hot 100 and is now at 73. Its black leather-and-lace, S&M themed-video was picked apart as hewing too close to clips from current pop queen Lady Gaga. A summer tour was announced but cancelled within weeks.

Aguilera says the electro sound that dominates the album was inspired by "play" with her son and a desire to go beyond her reputation as a once-in-a-generation singing voice.

"It's no question at this point. It's like yawn, yawn, boring, boring," she says, pantomiming a wide-mouthed, sleepy yawn. "OK, I can sit down and sing a ballad. But let's have some fun thrown into the mix. ... There's a side of me that wants to get up with all my dancers which have now become like family to me after all these years and put on a song and dance to it and sing to it but not have to go to these crazy insane vocal places. And you don't have to try so hard on every song to be vocally acrobatic or whatever you want to call it."

But by moving into territory already crowded with the likes of Ke$ha, Katy Perry and, yes, Gaga, Aguilera risks losing her edge, her niche.

"To me, what Christina Aguilera has that most other people don't have is an unmistakable voice," says producer Jonathan "JR" Rotem, who has worked with Rihanna and Britney Spears, but not Spears' fellow former "Mickey Mouse Club" member Aguilera. "If I was producing Christina Aguilera, I would want to capitalize on that amazing voice. That's what she has. With that voice, I'm sure she can sing the dance stuff but she can also sing the timeless ballads."

She's certainly faced down critics before. The sexually-charged video for 2002's "Dirrty" was initially derided as trampy but aided the former teen princess' move into grown-up themes and images. (It's the same road taken recently by Miley Cyrus with "Can't Be Tamed" as she departs Disney and "Hannah Montana.")

"I don't do anything that I'm going to regret, basically," Aguilera said. "Would I do certain things again? No. But there was a time and a place for it when I did it. So that's always how I go in looking at things. I can never look back. I won't ever look back. And I won't ever take anything too close to heart. There are certain things that can be said that can be hurtful and mean-spirited, but at this point in my life ... I have a decade under my belt that I'm very proud of."

Another bit of indirectly related news: Jet Li hopes autism film offers alternative to Chinese blockbusters

Jet Li says he hopes that his new movie about autism offers a refreshing alternative to the historical and kung fu epics that dominate the Chinese industry.

The veteran action star plays an aquarium worker who cares for his autistic son in the low-budget "Ocean Heaven" — his first Chinese-language production since the 2007 release of "The Warlords."

"Nowadays everyone is making blockbusters. Making a 7 million Chinese yuan ($1 million) movie requires a lot of sincerity," Li told reporters in Hong Kong. "This movie is about sincerity. It shows that in this day and age that filmmakers are willing to do something for society."

Ooo Cindilu, THANKS for that biggie pic of Clay's TNT Live cover!! I saved that beauty immediamente you bet!!

Yummmm he looks so FIIIIINE!!

Must get ready for work, I really don't feel like it! well one day of work makes one day closer to seeing Clay live! at least will see him Wed on CanadaAm that I never look at!!! Have a good evening everyone!

Fun fact! We finished off the last thread with the new, improved CD cover (sans bruise) and now we're gonna finish off this thread with the brand new DVD cover!

You read it here first. ;-) Thank ya, thank ya verra much.

Fun fact! We finished off the last thread with the new, improved CD cover (sans bruise) and now we're gonna finish off this thread with the brand new DVD cover!

You read it here first. ;-) Thank ya, thank ya verra much.

Is that a hint?

New Thread!