#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

:GA_FCA:

After sending emails to my entire contact list, I think I finally found the wording I should have used in a much more concise Facebook post that includes the National Inclusion Project link:

The National Inclusion Project needs 2 minutes of your time for 5 days. Vote 3 ways to push the NIP into the top 10 for a $50,000 Pepsi grant. Register at the NIP to cast Pepsi/Facebook votes and be in new Ipad drawing. Text 102308 to Pepsi (73774) once daily. Repost and forward this info to friends, family, teachers, associates, etc., so young people with disabilities can experience life with their peers.

Please do this with your mailing lists. Like other retirees, I wish I were still teaching because I would have access to faculties, special ed teachers, etc. Hopefully, I have struck a chord with musicians, music teachers, current and former students/parents, etc. There is a possibility that the parents of the young violinist in the current Carolina entry will forward the email to a database of furniture buyers.

Thank you to those who have visited the Carolina blog. Since a global interest in Clay is the lead, I went back in and listed the countries I know that have commented -- Indonesia, Kenya, Canada, US. It would be great to hear from some of the others represented, as well as the non-Clay fans who accidentally find themselves at a CA blog. :)

Yesterday someone arrived at the Carolina doorstep searching for "Sonny James Nashville." This pulled up the first Carolina blog I ever posted: Real Rebels of Country, Pop. Sonny is a "good guy" just like Clay, and they have a lot of similarities, both being the farthest thing from everyone's idea of a rebel. Mr. Caro played drums for Sonny when we lived in Nashville. If you look at the link, he's the one with the cowboy hat.

What out-of-the-box ideas are you employing for the Pepsi Challenge? Are there any sympathetic websites we have missed? We need to come up with huge blocks of new voters in the remaining FIVE DAYS. :yahoo:

th_hbanimationsnag.gifto cindilu2! Hope your day is very special!

Have an awesome day, all! Off to vote and beat the bushes! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Thank you for the birthday wishes, ladies. :twinklewhore:

Tonight I'm going with friends to see the road production of Spamalot! I am going to try not to compare the incomparable cast we had on Broadway and just enjoy.

Happy Birthday cindilu

:partytime::balloons::thewave::happybirthday01: :04: :2164: :fest30:

Have a great time at Spamalot!

We had a wild weather day here. A tornado touched down in the county North of us and destroyed a few buildings. We were under a tornado warning and then a tornado watch for most of the day. It rained 5 inches today. We had a leak from a skylight, from a bathroom vent and at an inner doorway. Fortunately the new French drains kept the rain from our downstairs rooms.

Spamalot was a hoot - brought back lots of happy, happy memories. If you squinted real hard and plugged your ears, Sir Robin kindasorta looked like Clay. *g* It was a great cast though and a pretty faithful rendition of the Broadway show.

cindi... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Thanks to whoever posted their experience with a new virus that says your hard drive is full and needs defragged. It happened to my work computer today and as soon as I saw the defragger screen I called IT and they are working on it. What a bear! The IT guy said he had printed out the fix and it is 15 pages long. UGH!!! So, I will repeat... if you get a pop-up from the bottom of your screen that says you have a problem with your hard drive, don't touch it... get thyself to a malware and run it or take it to a computer expert and get it wiped from your computer. Nasty!!!

pepsi21.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

:GM_FCA:

33 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Don't forget if you are doing any shopping online, for Christmas, this year you can access your favourite stores through Good Shop and they will donate a portion of the sale to your charity of choice. To date "National Inclusion Project" has received over $14,000 from people searching through Good Search or shopping.

Just make sure you designate "National Inclusion Project" as the charity you want the money to go to, if that is what you wish!

Thanks merrieeee for the reminder on that. I need to place a huge order on Amazon very shortly, and I can use them to raise some extra cash for the Project.

Wow, slow day around here eh? I've been incredibly busy at work lately, and I'm getting ready to head off with friends for that most Midwestern of Midwestern fundraisers, a pancake and sausage dinner! YUM!

Anyway...while I'm gone for a few hours...

A thoughtful question, just to hopefully get a little discussion going: if you could only ask Clay two questions, what would they be? Honestly, I have to think about this myself!

Just a ponder for a chilly fall night...

I'm just not around much as days I'm off I have to take Mr Fear to various appointments, lunch with our youngest son and grocery shop as well as prepare meals. We had a leak downstairs after the storm so I had quite a mopping job. Fortunately it is tile floor downstairs.

Anyway my two questions would be:

1. Are you satisfied with your career as it is or would you change some things?

2. Is there a career in politics in your future?

Boring huh? :cryingwlaughter:

:GE_FCA:

Students sure do put a dent in my day, but the new Carolina On My Mind blog -- Clay Aiken, Fans Champion Charities for Halloween -- is up with segments about the 60th anniversary of Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF and the National Inclusion Project's $50k campaign.

Featured Halloween graphics are by Fountaindawg, and ABeautifulMind sent me the siggy, which I have been using all week. Your comments/support/visits are very much appreciated. :BlowKiss:

I tweeted the blog and, as always, need a retweet. You will find the blog with Clay's name under "All Friends" on the Tweet Deck. Many thnx! I think I'll go back and insert one of the many Pepsi pix I have copied from bottle daily. :)

I have two more rounds of votes to do. I'm hoping for a Halloween Miracle for the NIP! Have a great evening, all! :yahoo:

Linda_Pump1.gif

Had to pick my mom up from work today and turned in the leased car. Round trip was over 100 miles... I kinda can't wait to go to bed. LOL

Two questions to ask Clay.... hmm.. I might have to think on those too. I was thinking maybe something about who he'd want to work with, or what his next "pop" album might include but I almost think they're too typical. I'd want to ask something different.

It made me remember though, I was listening to Sara Bareilles's albums about a month ago and she's sorta modern jazzy. Not like Buble, but more pop. Her 2 singles "Love Song" and "King Of Anything" are definitely on the pop side, but the rest of her albums (especially her first) have this really great different type of jazz feel to it, and, basing on what Clay's said, if he doesn't want to do standards again, or covers, or pop, I think he could pull it off.

As a younger fan, I might be more selfish in wanting him to do something that sounds like it's from this century. I appreciate the older stuff but I wish he'd move away from it...

Hello from Kingston, ON! I'm in town for the Skate Canada figure skating competition. Doubt I'll be on TV this year as we are in row 9. :P

I'd have to think on the 2 questions for Clay, but I can guarantee you they wouldn't have anything to do with his career. cryingwlaughter.gif

Anyway my two questions would be:

1. Are you satisfied with your career as it is or would you change some things?

2. Is there a career in politics in your future?

Boring huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Nope. I actually love your two questions!!

I'll have to think hard to come up with two others I'd like to ask him, but these two are something I'd really like to know as well.

:whee: For the GIANTS!!

:smack: For Project Run-a-way

:whee: For Clay :wub:

:smack: For his man cave!

that's all I got...

pepsi22.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)