#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Two of either of those beverages will set you free. I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.

Geez, now kf smutted too. Of course, from her, that's almost expected. *g*

So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.

Thread title? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh yeah! I am so voting for this one!

Just wanted to say hi. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Sring has sprung here also. I hope Clay is enjoying some time off and the irons in the fire are getting hotter.

Have a fantastic day. I'm looking forward to the weekend and a little time off. Maybe? :twinklewhore:

It was nice here today also akim, but they're forcasting MORE rain for the next several daaays! cry4.gif Ugh! I'm so ready for spring!

Here's something to warm the cockels of your heart OR make you giggle. The man is so damn much fun!

The Invisible bit is my favorite at the end. I think he's channeling Bobby/Sammy a la vegas -

Jazzy Medley SF

So nice to come home from work yesterday and open the window for a few minutes!

Thanks for that link.....he cracks me up. He tug with the one hand, then adjusts the sweater with the other (probably to be sure it didn't bunch up and make him look 'fat'). cryingwlaughter.gif Also love the "mah!" ending....was lucky enough to have him do that in a couple of my 4 shows.

:GM_FCA:

Happy St. Pat's Day (sorry can't do green ink IYNWIMAITYD "g")

4 Days until The First Day of Spring

:giveflowers:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I cooked corned beef and cabbage last weekend -- tonight is the leftovers! (Of course, that's not how the Irish celebrate, but it gives me the excuse to make it once a year....) I won't drink a beer tonight, but I'll have some this weekend, as I'm going out with a friend to a local brewpub.

Wonder if Clay is celebrating tonight?

ACAStPat2a.jpg

St. Patrick's Day graphic from 2009 by AmazingCA.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, FCA!

This above is a graphic from the new Carolina On My Mind blog that features ymarie's special tour essay, a lovely montage by molino79 of farouche's photos/video. The St. Patrick's Day edition also contains traditions and blessings special to this day, as well as a link for UNICEF donations for Japan.

Since uploading the blog prior to afternoon lessons, molino79 has sent me a Sendspace for anyone who wants to download the montage.

Grandson Kai is 3.5 years old today. Definitely a St. Pat's Day blessing! :wub:

As always, thank you for your support of the blogs -- retweets, FB posts, and visits/comments at the site which help them maintain a Google presence. :highfive:

Irishjig.gif Have an awesome evening, all! Irishjig.gif

SP_1.jpg

St. Pat's Day signature by ABM

3 Days until The First Day of Spring!:giveflowers:

Kim

Too bad the Giants or the A's aren't playing here or we could go to a game, couchie!

Of course there is that whole raining for forty days and forty nights thang we got going on and all :cryingwlaughter:

I'm so ready for spring!! ugh

Here, you can kill some time licking looking at this:

post-1277-130051754422_thumb.jpg

Or this:

post-1277-130051774884_thumb.jpg

Just imagine he's got those looong legs wrapped around you :hubbahubba:

Treenuts I believe those pictures were from Waukegan..did I tell you I was the one who suggested Burlesque..Clay was so accomodating!

2 Days until The First Day of Spring!:giveflowers:

Kim

Sorry to hear about all your rain, you California people! It's a beautiful day here, which means my allergies are acting up like crazy. Sigh. Beautiful weather, and I can't really even go out to enjoy it.

*need stronger meds*

couchie, I didn't know you had seen Elton! I was talking to one of my co-workers yesterday, and she remembers seeing Elton John for $6.00 a ticket way back in the day. To her, the Elton I'm seeing in less than a month is not Elton. She remembers the flamboyancy. I personally am going for the music!

And couchie, my suggestion to you for this weekend is to find a computer with a working sound card and watch clack on YouTube!

ETA: Can someone provide for me the name of the musical "Home" came from? I'm blanking and don't have time to look!

Sorry to hear about all your rain, you California people! It's a beautiful day here, which means my allergies are acting up like crazy. Sigh. Beautiful weather, and I can't really even go out to enjoy it.

*need stronger meds*

couchie, I didn't know you had seen Elton! I was talking to one of my co-workers yesterday, and she remembers seeing Elton John for $6.00 a ticket way back in the day. To her, the Elton I'm seeing in less than a month is not Elton. She remembers the flamboyancy. I personally am going for the music!

And couchie, my suggestion to you for this weekend is to find a computer with a working sound card and watch clack on YouTube!

ETA: Can someone provide for me the name of the musical "Home" came from? I'm blanking and don't have time to look!

I believe "The Wiz".

Sorry about your allergies...I have been outside pruning my rose bushes. My husband has allergies and they are really bad right now except he is a stubborn man and refuses to take anything for them. I have given up arguing with him about it.

Kim

Clay's in NYC

Clay Aiken is in front of us at Billy Elliot

@BroadwaySpotted Clay Aiken in the audience at @BillyElliot tonight.

Hope he is mixing business with pleasure! :yahoo:

Kim

Love those pictures. The second one from Waukegan. Aikim you had a much better view than me during the burlesque theme. My concert buddy pictures turned out pretty good. I took two of them, made 8x10's and took them to my mother who is in assisted living. When I left for the concert she told me it was not fair. I have taken her to three concerts but her health is worse and I do not think she can travel anymore.

Glad to see he is in NYC. Hope that means he is dotting the I's and crossing the T's for his next project.

Love those pictures. The second one from Waukegan. Aikim you had a much better view than me during the burlesque theme. My concert buddy pictures turned out pretty good. I took two of them, made 8x10's and took them to my mother who is in assisted living. When I left for the concert she told me it was not fair. I have taken her to three concerts but her health is worse and I do not think she can travel anymore.

Glad to see he is in NYC. Hope that means he is dotting the I's and crossing the T's for his next project.

Yes I did..I have never had seats that close..I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Kim

Just imagine he's got those looong legs wrapped around you :hubbahubba:

Those jeans are lucky. Damn them! I wonder who makes them?

Cloopy takes good pictures. It was nice to meet her in SF.

I'm with you on the rain Tree. Bring on summer. We can bypass spring for all I care. ha.

Summer? You guys don't have summer. I have a picture taken at the corner of Haight and Ashbury on the 30th of July last summer, and I'm wearing LdyJ's jacket because I was freezing!

I liked Elton before and after his flamboyant period. And during it. The early albums - Elton, Tumbleweed, Madman, up through Captain Fantastic were golden for me. I have never seen him live. And that's just crazy. Everybody was $3-$7 a ticket back in the day. Saw Canned Heat for $3 and Zeppelin for $6. Saw Joan Baez for $3. Hendrix was $6. Tickets for The Beatles were $5. The first $8 concert I attended was Paul McCartney and Wings in '76. Was a time ago, but at least my old memories are better than walking five miles to school in the snow.

Picture of Clay from last night..he looks good and must really love that sweater! :cryingwlaughter:

http://plixi.com/p/85408668

1 Day until The First Day of Spring!:giveflowers:

Kim