# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

I am glad that everyone seems to be able to adjust their plans for the Gala but sorry about the extra expense involved. It sounds like it might be even better with the mini concert!

I love Celebrity Apoprentice but like everyone dislike DT, however he isn't in it that much and imagine 2 hours of Clay every week! I would rather it be a singing appearance or something directly connected with his career though. If this is true he probably only agreed because it was an opportunity to raise moiney for NIP.

Has anyone talked to merrieeee lately? She hasn't posted anywhere since she came back from her vacation and hasn't answered my pms asking if she is ok, and no comments about the latest Clay news. I am a bit worried.

I am glad that everyone seems to be able to adjust their plans for the Gala but sorry about the extra expense involved. It sounds like it might be even better with the mini concert!

I love Celebrity Apoprentice but like everyone dislike DT, however he isn't in it that much and imagine 2 hours of Clay every week! I would rather it be a singing appearance or something directly connected with his career though. If this is true he probably only agreed because it was an opportunity to raise moiney for NIP.

Has anyone talked to merrieeee lately? She hasn't posted anywhere since she came back from her vacation and hasn't answered my pms asking if she is ok, and no comments about the latest Clay news. I am a bit worried.

Hi there...I'm still here but I took a break from the boards for a while. I was getting so thoroughly disgusted with some of the attitudes towards Clay that I just stopped surfing. Better to withdraw than post something I shouldn't have!

I didn't even check any messages I had! So sorry. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I am so happy about the news but I am in a wait and see mode......I don't want to get too excited.

Claycherie I will pm you later.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I talked to Treenuts and she says hi to everyone. Just a very busy work schedule and she has a long commute now.

This is the first year since 9/11 that I've actually watched a lot of the coverage. It's still all so shocking ten years later.

Thanks a bunch... :cryingwlaughter: I've been stuck on the Carol Burnett skits for a half hour. That show was a hoot and Tim Conway was a master.Loved Red Skelton too...he seemed like such a gentle man and such a natural when it came to humour.

I did watch "The Pledge of Allegiance".... a very valid point indeed...well done.......(then I sorta got lost in the skits. :whistling-1: )

That was a nice break in my day!!!!

Thanks a bunch... :cryingwlaughter: I've been stuck on the Carol Burnett skits for a half hour. That show was a hoot and Tim Conway was a master.Loved Red Skelton too...he seemed like such a gentle man and such a natural when it came to humour.

I did watch "The Pledge of Allegiance".... a very valid point indeed...well done.......( then I sorta got lost in the skits. :whistling-1: )

That was a nice break in my day!!!!

I did the same thing! Went from Red Skelton to Bonanza and then Carol Burnett..about fell off my chair laughing..that was TV! Would much rather watch good comedy than all the reality crap we have on now. Harvey and Tim..the heck with the skit..just watch to see Harvey crack up!

Kim

:GM_FCA:

88 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a good day!

Kim

I do not think that Clay will be on CA...I would love to see him every week, even tho I cannot stand DT. But I don't believe this is it.

This is what I think....

On the noght that Clay will be on TV is the GLSEN awards...Will it be televised, I don't know, but I know that tis is very important to Clay.

He is not getting an award, but as he supports it I feel that this is where he will be.

It is a big deal.

But until Clay lets us know, this is all speculation.

Wish I could oi to the Gala....but there will be Clack!!

87 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

For Clay Being on Network TV soon, forthwith, down the road, in the near future, before long, etc....

Yahoo.gif

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

My computer died this morning and I just got back from Best Buy with a new one so am trying it out. They are putting all my data from the old one on cds for me so I don't have my favourites yet with all my urls.

this is my first destination. It seems a bit slow. That sucks! What a disorganized place that is, there is no line for customers just the guys in blue shirts and a mass of customers who don't wait their turn!

I hope you enjoy your new computer claycherie. I too bought a new computer recently and thought I had checked off everything I wanted. I forgot about making sure it was wireless. Isn't everything now a days? :smack: So now I have to sit in the room I set up as Mr Fear's temporary bedroom to use the new computer.

I hope they set you up with a great configuration.

I've only been going here and NNHB while Clay is on his downtime. Much less frustrating and I found that I'm actually able to love him more without the constant refreshing of the boards. At some of the boards, I'll start feeling the frustration from some of the members, waiting for what's next or why hasn't he talked to us in so long, etc. But this last time, after the tour, I started going less and less to the boards and I find myself just appreciating what he has already given us. I listen to my playlists, and I'm still so in awe of his voice and the emotion and range and everything else he puts into his performances. And then I'll listen to the banter and it will make me smile or laugh, and I can't imagine not loving this man. No other artist has given me as much as he has and I am so grateful to him for all of it.

I loved Carol Burnett and Red Skelton and all of those old variety shows. I would love to get some good variety shows again instead of all these crap reality shows that have nothing to do with talent. I don't watch the fashion ones or cooking ones, but I at least see where they could be entertaining and worthwhile, but don't get the ones like the Kardashians or ones like that with the ogre for a dance teacher or something to young kids. Looks like child abuse to me. I wouldn't care if there was nothing else on tv, I would not watch any of that crap.

And I don't think the commitment Clay has for October is the GLSEN awards, unless they are televised, because didn't it say it was for a tv appearance? I sure hope we find out something soon. Whatever it is, I hope it helps boost Clay's career like it did Brett Michaels. The audience was nuts for him when I went to see Clay on The View. I didn't get it but he seemed nice enough.

86 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

Hey gang, I'm still around...just incredibly busy at work. Lots and lots and LOTS of library instruction sessions, plus we have a staff member who had the gall to get married last weekend and wanted to take a honeymoon. Can you believe that?!?!?! *g* So, extra work piled on today. Last night my husband came home in a terrible mood, and it was pretty much because he's overwhelmed at his workplace as well.

Ooooooo, shiny new computers. They're a hassle to get things transfered over, but once that's done, it's so much nicer to watch clack on. Hee.

I guess I was tired. I wrote out a whole message last night but now it's gone LOL. I guess I never sent and then my computer did updates and rebooted last night.

Mostly just waved and agreed with justclay about still enjoying Clay even if I'm not as board heavy as I was years ago. Honestly I don't know exactly what else I was doing in my life but Clay stuff for a few years there. Although I would like to do a little less on the work front. LadyJ yep it can make you cranky. Have a great Wednesday.

I still read CV everyday, but that's out of habit. Haven't read around anywhere else but here. Justclay, I think you got it right.

My computer died this morning and I just got back from Best Buy with a new one so am trying it out. They are putting all my data from the old one on cds for me so I don't have my favourites yet with all my urls.

this is my first destination. It seems a bit slow. That sucks! What a disorganized place that is, there is no line for customers just the guys in blue shirts and a mass of customers who don't wait their turn!

bolding mine.

After my first experience with the Geek Squad, this, coupled with the BS they fed me about they couldn't fix my laptop and still made us pay some ridiculous charge, is why I've never gone back to them. A year or so after, my uncle took that same laptop that the Geek Squad said they couldn't fix, pulled it apart, cleaned out the fan and rebooted Windows onto it. Whaddaya know, worked like brand new!

But after that fiasco, I bought a Macbook. Apple has THE best repair/customer service I've ever dealt with, and no hidden charges for labor.

I hope you enjoy your new computer. :)

Haven't had much going on here with me, we got our IKEA stuff yesterday so there's those projects. I'm starting to look around for places that are hiring (applied to one already too), and things with the boy aren't too bad. Just wish I could see him more... he's 45 miles away, works at a school and is very diligent about his weeknight bedtime. lol

Sitting here waiting for my daughter to pick me up..this is my youngest Sarah, her birthday is Oct. 1 and she wants a new winter coat, so I am going with her to shop for it and pay for it...as she said, just bring you checkbook! She will be 22, can't believe my baby is that old already.

Mark is almost finished painting the living room and Monday we should be able to start putting the new floor down..can't wait! Furniture shopping after that..It will be so nice to have this room done and not have to look at tools and ladders and other assorted tools laying around.

So, won't be going to the Gala, I really wanted to but we really need the money for the living room and then Christmas. I am really hoping to go next year though and maybe plan for a week so we can spend some time and not be so rushed.

Kim

85 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

Sorry this won't be your year to go to the Gala aikim. Maybe next year.

We went to Clayland tonight to meet our youngest for dinner. He is taking a course in Chapel Hill for directors and managers of municipalities. Sounds fascinating but he loves it. We ate at a great restaurant there and shopped in a fantastic food store. It was a long trip for Mr Fear so he couldn't wait to get in bed when we got home. As I was pulling down the driveway to the back of the house I noticed a huge limb which was across the driveway. Fortunately it was not so heavy so no problem moving it. Fun evening. :twinklewhore:

84 Days until The Gala!

Yahoo.gif

Yahoo.gif

Kim

It's a three day weekend for me! I've got piddly things on my list for today, but mostly it's going to be watching the DVD sets of either Glee or Community for me! Tomorrow is a bike ride -- this will actually be our first for the season, as it's been just too hot around here. And I have no idea what hubby and I are going to do Sunday, except for go out to breakfast. There's a brew pub chain around the Midwest called Granite City, and then have a Sunday brunch, including huge caramel rolls, that is to die for.

Have a good weekend everyone!

This morning I had to order tickets to the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City - same dates as the gala, so that was a little bittersweet for me.....I watched clack from Fort Wayne TnT last night and man, what a great night that was. Clay was in such good voice, I had to watch WDIB multiple times to satiate myself. Best seats of life thanks to goldarngirl and Scarlett, and of course my daughter got the unexpected M&G as well. Those of you who are attending gala this year are v.v. lucky, I wish I was.

Yesterday my oldest son, Ian, had Lasik surgery on his eyes. His vision had deteriorated to worse than 20/40 so in order to pass his police testing, he needed to correct it. He hopes to apply to our local police force at their next intake. At least he got a bit of a discount as he was doing it for professional reasons. I was worried about the level of pain he was experiencing first thing, but apparently this morning his pain has abated and he went back in for a check up - 20/20 vision. Still a bit hazy but that should clear up in the next few days. We found out that he is prohibited from swimming for 2 weeks, so the timing just works out, as our cruise is only two weeks from Sunday!

This weekend I am helping out at his team fundraising BBQ. The only other thing on my agenda is to pull the rest of my garden up (as the temperatures here at night have been dropping down to 6 C) and start packing for my cruise!