# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

aikim, as fun as the part of the chat was where he asked trivia questions, for me there was never any hope, even if I knew the answers. For some reason, my video feed was lagging a good 10 - 15 seconds behind others. So by the time he asked the question, there were already 100 - 150 answers flying by. But it was still fun, and I was close on the car, because I thought it was a BMW, I just didn't know what model. Keep trying on the meet & greets (if he offers them this time around) because I finally got lucky after 8 years on the last tour!

You know the poor guy can't win sometimes!

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

At least here we celebrate him. So thank you guys!

A-freakin'-men.

The chat from the OFC is up now, and I'm having a blast watching it. I love watching him interact with Cameron! Also have to laugh about him getting bored with the questions at the end...

Can't wait to get home tonight and re-watch the chat..hubby will be at work, so I can drool in peace, LOL!

Kim

What a fucking cow. I hate Lisa. There is not a damn thing they can do to redeem her in my eyes. I'm so surprised Clay is her "friend" but that is his business. She turns my stomach. I can barely get through the show because of her and once it is over I will never have to listen to her or see her ugliness again - and I'm talking ugly on the inside.

I'm so surprised Clay is her "friend" but that is his business.

And that's why I'm waiting to see how this show develops, because there has to be SOMETHING that happens in the near future that redeems her in Clay's eyes, and I'd like to see what that was. I know I haven't seen that yet, because she sure does come off as mean and vile.

Having said that, I gotta say that at least Lisa is upfront with her hatred. It may not be justified (I don't understand her hatred of Dayana, for example), but IMO I hate Aubrey all that much more. Anyone who is all "me me me" as well as "I can be really nice to you to your face but think of you as the devil behind your back" gets my goat. (BTW, I'm thinking of sacrificing that goat at some point...)

As I was watching the video chat yesterday, I thought of a question I could have asked -- what he thought of last week's "Community" episode! It was a very funny take off of anything Ken Burns does for PBS, and I would love to know how Clay liked it. I've seen comments that people were bored by the last chat, but that was because (IMO) he wasn't answering questions about his musical career. I understand that to a point, but I think he likes questions that are "thought provokers." I was thrilled with the last chat when he was stumped with my question about his choice for Time Magazine's Person of the Year, and honestly, I think he liked that question too. I personally think that he wants questions that dig to his soul (my "Community" question notwithstanding, heh).

I'm at home for one more day. Now, today was a scheduled day off, with a doctor's appointment thrown in. As it is, I'm going to take it easy for much of the day, except for said appointment.

ETA: I did find it extremely funny that he still considers Twitter the devil. I've enjoyed his tweets, but I can see where he finds it a huge annoyance too.

I just like how loose he has become in chat....I almost feel like we are seeing the 'real' Clay. I think the fact that his friend was present helped him to be more himself than he might have been if he was alone with 'us'. cryingwlaughter.gif

For me, Lisa is obnoxious! She completely wears me out just listening to her continuous screaming & swearing rants. And she tears down people for little reason, or so it would seem in the editing. But Aubrey is a coniving, narcisistic (sp?) USER! I recognize this all too well. She does not show her spots, while Lisa almost always does. That said, I cannot stand either of them. Ugh

On another completely unrelated topic...I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS FUCKING RAIN!!!!!!!!!! :(

New tweet from Clay:

I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook this morning, and I LOL'd like crazy. Watch the video, but know that the language is NOT family friendly.

Just watched..it was awesome!

Kim

On another completely unrelated topic...I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS FUCKING RAIN!!!!!!!!!! :(

ha ha..I don't mind. I haven't gotten rained on. Most of the damage has been at night. In the past week we've had a tornado (yes it may have been .00000 level tornado but still), hail, flash rain, violent thunder storms and this morning I saw a beautiful rainbow!! It's been a long time since I've experienced them all. Just hope it doesn't rain when we go to the game.

I guess I've seen people like Aubrey before. She's a typical reality show person. There's one of her in every incarnation of Survivor, project runway, etc. She's trying to win while raising her profile and perhaps getting more out of it. She's vain and really clueless about herself. Lisa seems unbalanced to me. And her recent radio appearance where she called Dayana a SPIC, well there are just no words. Even in the light of day she still can't let it go.

Have a great weekend everyone.

When I click on the video it says it was blocked because of copyright.

Try this link: YouTube, Funny or Die

How's it going at Mom's? And how much do your animal and human children miss you? And how are YOU?

Thanks, jmh. I laughed my ass off at that video, especially the last line. cryingwlaughter.gif

Mom is doing well, thanks for asking. She is getting around her house ok with a walker. She has a cane but since she left the hospital, she is afraid to try using it. Yesterday we conquered the shower. I rented a bath transfer bench and, although her bathroom is tiny, I managed to get it in the tub and get her onto it. I'm doing ok, just going apeshit with no internet. I thought my addiction had waned, but apparently I use the internet for so many day-to-day things, I can't live without it. It's a sad state of affairs when I sit here, praying that some distant neighbours wireless signal will connect. :P And what is this concept of live TV? I am so accustomed to PVRing everything, and watching what I want on demand, with the ability to fast forward through those inane commercials, that I just can't stomach it. So I've been reading a lot. And going for walks, in between running Mom's errands. As for my kids and pets, I am sure they will be v.v. happy to see me tomorrow. ;)

Glad you Mom is OK luckiest! I hear ya on the modern conveniences of life, although I still do watch some TV live. (I mean, there are some really great commercials out there...) I'm old school in that regard. (Reminds me of a joke from the last episode of "Community": "She was born in the 80's, she still uses her phone as a PHONE!")

Clay just retweeted this from Arsenio:

When you find out, in detail, about the egregious behavior I am being subjected to behind the scene, my harsh language will be forgiven.

Is this still from last week's episode?

Ha ha, see? He found something non-Celebrity Apprentice to tweet about!

Last night, I bribed my mom with Dairy Queen (ice cream) to use her cane and go down her porch steps so that she could escape her house and get in the car with me. It worked! Next week, my daughter is coming to stay. She says she is going to bribe her with beer. cryingwlaughter.gif

Too much beer and those stairs might be a little difficult. :clay:

That picture Clay posted of being on the roof was a little scarey. I thought his house had a very steeply pitched roof. I usually clean our roof and the skylights a couple of times a year but our roof is not so highly pitched. Due to an accident yesterday involving a friend from the gym and her two dogs, i don't think that will be happening any time in the near future. My cat freaked out her dogs and they took off pulling my friend along. I'm pretty sure she has a concussion as she was very dizzy and definitely needed stiches in her chin which wouldn't stop bleeding. I drove her home with the dogs so she could get her wallet, then tried to find an emergency clinic open without success. I told her she had to go to the hospital so she asked me to drive her to a friends. I don't even know how to get in touch with her to see how she is. I fell twice going after her dogs and ended up with scrapes on one knee and both forearms as well as cuts on one hand where the leash pulled through my hand. My knee is swollen, bruised and achey so I'm going to take it easy today.

I'm ready to enjoy TCA tonight. :snoopy:

Tweet exchange. The first is someone called KidnappedHobbit, a 22 yr. old gay male from Chicago:

Okay Claymates, help me out. Who knows what brand @clayaiken's green/blue/gold tie is? It's fabulous and I must have it.

Clay replied:

@KidnappedHobbit which one?

Ironic that the fan LOVES the clothes, eh?