2012 National Inclusion Project Gala

ldyjocelyn

From Facebook yesterday:

Save the Date! The 2012 Champions Gala will be held on Oct 20, 2012 at the National Theater in Washington, DC. We will host our VIP Ticket guests at a special reception immediately prior to the event. Info about ticket sales, hotel accommodations and special guests coming soon. We're looking forward to celebrating our successes with you as together we make sure that no child sits on the sidelines! http://owl.li/aO1Dv

National Inclusion Project Gala 2012 website

Ticket Information

]Platinum Ticket: $2,500

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Front Row seating at the Gala
  • VIP Reception with Clay Aiken
  • Individual photo with Clay

Gold Ticket: $1,000

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Premium seating at the Gala
  • VIP Reception with Clay Aiken
  • Group photo with Clay
  • **Group Photos will be coordinated by the Project Office

Individual Ticket: $250

Secures one ticket.

*The VIP Reception will be held at the JW Marriott next door to the National Theater from 5:30pm-7:00pm prior to the Gala.

**Tickets are non-refundable.

Accomodations

The JW Marriott is next door to the National Theater and has a special rate of $219 per night available to Gala participants. The rate is guaranteed until September 28th.

**Right now, only Friday (19th) and Saturday (20th) nights are available at the discounted rate. We are working to get more Thurs and Sun nights discounted. When we do, we'll update this page.**

JW Marriott

1331 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20004

Phone: 1-506-474-2009 / 1-877-212-5752

When calling the hotel, let them know you are with the ‘National Inclusion Project - Champions Gala’.

https://resweb.passk...eventID=9594011.

When booking through their website, use this link:

Most questions about roms can be directed to the hotel itself. Just let them know you are calling about the National Inclusion Project Champions Gala.

This will also be the site of the VIP reception from 5:30pm-7:00pm on Oct 20th, prior to the Gala.

If you're attending, please contact me and I'll start a representing list!

Attending:

artquest

Clayann

couchie

Desertrose

FearofH20 + 1

jmh

KAndre

kimiye

ldyjocelyn

merrieeee

PermaSwooned

PerusingOne

preden

solo

I am attending the Gala. I am flying out of DFW. I am interested in hearing about anyone flying out of Reagan/National on American to Washington DC. I'd like to know which day you're leaving and the time. I am rooming with a lady from Houston.

Clayann

I am attending the Gala. I am flying out of DFW. I am interested in hearing about anyone flying out of Reagan/National on American to Washington DC. I'd like to know which day you're leaving and the time. I am rooming with a lady from Houston.

Clayann

Hi, Clayann

That would be me! Hee hee I am also attending the Gala. Put me on the list please.

Dinner! Who wants an FCA dinner!

Date: Friday, October 19

Time: 7:30 p.m. Eastern

Location: Elephant & Castle Pub, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, DC.

Map with the Marriott Hotel (the "A" marker) and the Elephant & Castle (the green arrow)

Dinner menu

As of now, I've just made an email contact with them, asking if we could have a party of about 20 to order off the menu. It's a go!

HOWEVER...

I need to know numbers. Not right away, of course, but when we get closer, I'll be asking for your attendance! I'd like to be able to give them a firm number by October 15. Anyway, PM me if you are planning on attending the dinner!

EEEEEEEEE!

Attendees (7-22-12):

clayann

couchie (+3?)

desertrose (+2?)

evelyn +1

FearofH2O +1

jmh123

KAndre

ldyjocelyn

lilyshine

merrieeee

PerusingOne

I'm going to edit the post above with those who contact me, so keep me in the loop if you are even THINKING of going! I'll probably post the list on the main board once in a while too....

Just as an FYI...

From Claygary contacted me earlier in the week, and CV is also having a party at the Elephant and Castle that night. However, their's starts an hour earlier (6:30 p.m.) and they have a room reserved with a buffet. She and I decided that we could be a "separate but together" party, in that those who want to attend both could go between the two parties (since many of us either are members at both boards or have friends there). We will both need to know, though, with which party you are going to eat, as that will affect numbers on both sides.

If the dinner reaches 30 people who want to eat with FCA, the manager at the restaurant said we probably would not be able to just order off the menu. However, they have a choice of three "limited menus" that we can select, with at least 5 different options for choices. Here is that menu. Soft drinks and coffee are included, as well as gratuity. (My feeling is that I would choose either the $17 or $19.50 per person menu...)

I will keep you posted as things continue to develop!