# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

I'm home! But, I'm so tired that I probably will be going to bed soon! And then work tomorrow...sigh.

I have pictures of the FCA party; if you attended and don't want your pictures posted, please let me know. I'll be posting them in the private thread later in the week...

I will catch up with weekend stuff later, but this just showed up on my Facebook feed, a new appearance via Funny or Die!

Save the Black Man with DL Hughley, featuring Dennis Haysbert, Clay Aiken, Howie Mandel and Jennifer Tilly

OMG, too funny. And Clay looks GORGEOUS!

calgaryherald.com

Brooks: UNICEF Water for Life Gala helps millions of kids

The UNICEF Water for Life Gala held at the Hyatt on Sept. 29 was one for the record books. Record attendance (the gala sold out months prior) and record dollars raised (more than $844,000) ensured water — an essential right and a vital need — will be provided for millions of children around the world.

In 2011, UNICEF provided children with clean water and sanitation in more than 90 countries to more than 23 million people.

That none other than American Idol phenom and UNICEF ambassador since 2004 Clay Aiken attended, performed and shared his UNICEF experiences ensured the standing-room-only crowd had a wonderful evening. Superb silent and live auction items rounded out the excellent experience, so kudos to the small army of volunteers on the success of the gala.

7433860_zps7e534030.jpg

I had a fantastic time in Washington DC! just love seeing folks at the Elephant & Castle, thanks for the bookmark ldyjocelyn! Love seeing others at the gala ! just love seeing Washington with all the sightseeing, hope to get there again for more.

Also want to mention great seeing you Couchie, been so long :)

Had a great time in washington DC. Thanks so much for arranging dinner at Elephants and castles. so happy to meet all the fans from FCA. ldyjocelyn you did such a mice job for us members. Hope to see you again at next Gala or on one of the tours. Evelyn

In response to Donald Trump's "big announcement" ($5 million to charity in exchange for President Obama's college records...whatever), Clay just tweeted this:

Hey @realDonaldTrump I'll release all my college and passport records for just $1M to @includingkids ! A real bargain!!

Two more pictures from this past weekend, one tweeted by Debbie Gibson, the other tweeted by Arsenio:

20121020ClayDebbieGibsonLighter_zpsf6b0f410.jpg

20121020GalaPicsClayArsenioPreShow_zps015947eb.jpg

• Like 1

Just love looking at all my pics from Washington! now beginning a 8 work evenings stretch so I could have last weekend off! but oh sooooooooooooo worth it! So much fun sightseeing and seeing everyone but too short time to see and spend time with everyone!

I am still on vacation with only my phone to communicate. Bit wanted to say how much I enjoyed the gala and seeing everyone. It was so good to hear clay sing live again.

Every song was perfect and he sang songs that I love. To love somebody is my favorite idol song. The songs are what I cherish. Everything else is a delicious side dish. I hope that makes sense. I wish I could attend the concerts this year but it seems unlikely unless they add CA or Reno or some place nearby.

Thanks for all the recaps. It was fun to relive it.

• Like 1

{{{{{{shortyjill}}}}}}}

Although I have to admit that I'd like either team to win this year, since the Cards played so badly at the end...

copinginCA was the volunteer honoree at the Gala. Here is her acceptance speech, which was short, sweet, to the point, and freakin' fantastic.

"I don't have anything written on the teleprompter, but I can say a few words. I am so happy to be back in Washington DC. My dad is a 93-year-old veteran of WW2 and because w traveled a lot when I was young, and people would ask where I lived I would always say, Japan, Germany and DC. But seriously I did live a few miles from here when I was young and it was a very exciting time: 1960 to 1963. The Peace Corps started at that time, and the Special Olympics who are still headquartered here. So it is interesting to be back here 50 years later. When I found out the Gala was going to be in DC this year, it made be go back and reflect on the time I spent here and how that has influenced me in my life.

Why are we all here? What drives you to make the decisions you make? What is the one underlying value that has brought you here tonight?

I will tell you what it is for me and why being here on this stage for the Inclusion Project all these years later accepting this award. Social injustice really pisses me off. Does that count as a value? It does to me. Let's put that on a campaign button. Another slogan I would suggest is this: Inclusion. Don't just think it. Don't just speak about it. Be it.

Thank you!"

But this also reminded me about the fact that almost everyone on the stage had fun messing with the interpreters for the deaf. For example, after this speech, Arsenio wanted to know how to sign "pissed off!" (And I've read that Clay asked the interpreter to show it later to copin...) Arsenio was also messing with her early on, by speaking gobildy gook. When Clay was messing up the words to TLS, he asked them mid-song -- "are you signing the real words or what I'm singing?" (It was what he was singing, which made it doubly funny...) And after Ruben finished Flying Without Wings, he wanted to know how to sign wings!

Sigh. I'm still basking in the glow of the other night....

But this also reminded me about the fact that almost everyone on the stage had fun messing with the interpreters for the deaf. For example, after this speech, Arsenio wanted to know how to sign "pissed off!" (And I've read that Clay asked the interpreter to show it later to copin...) Arsenio was also messing with her early on, by speaking gobildy gook. When Clay was messing up the words to TLS, he asked them mid-song -- "are you signing the real words or what I'm singing?" (It was what he was singing, which made it doubly funny...) And after Ruben finished Flying Without Wings, he wanted to know how to sign wings!

Sigh. I'm still basking in the glow of the other night....

Me too. :wub: And I'm glad you remembered these--the signers became part of the entertainment, and I think they liked it. They were very animated in their signing and lots of fun to watch, when I could take my eyes off Clay.

I had a great time at the Gala. Saw some familiar faces and got to meet Ldyjocelyn and Couch Tomato. It was good to see all you. Kandre was sitting in the front row of the Mezzanine right next to me. A pleasant surprise.

I know that we have lots of emoticons. I cannot find out how to use them. Before it was easy. Where are they? How do I add them to my posts? I only see the smiley one.

:GM_FCA:

Sorry I have not been around much...this week has been crazy..have been on vacation but not really vacationing. Been going to my daughter's every day to help with the kids and dealing with her dog who broke her leg and needs surgery..was supposed to be yesterday, but now being done today. Emily has not been able to drive since the c-section so I have been doing all her running. Told her she is going to miss me next week when I go back to work.

Sounds like the Gala was a success..have been reading re-caps when I get a chance. Haven't been on the computer much.

Kim

Hey aikim, I was wondering about you! We need a countdown for the start of the tour! Good luck with everything going on!

Clay just tweeted:

Since Ann Coulter says it's ok 2 b offensive when describing people, let's "C" what words we can use 2 describe her! huff.to/P8moE7