Aug. 16, Toledo, Ohio

Ansamcw

From Cellstream:

> Sold out show...looks packed.

> 95% women

From CB, CH, CV:

OK...will do my best here...the kids are running around like lunatics

The jukebox is skipping....here comes da clonz!!!

---

S'von and Maureen talking about what to do tonight! S'von wants a nice cold adult beverage. Does anybody have a quarter? Should I put it in the jukebox? Alright alright!

We built this city on r-n-r!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

---

Screams - must be a Clay sighting!!

You know, those screams that sound desperate and so very excited?!!

-----

Rockin Robin - singing this song (LOW note - EEEEEEEEEEEEE)

The Great Pretender

Only You - beautiful falsetto note

Ohhhhhhhhh's from crowd - some screams!

-----

Mr. Sandman

That'll Be The Day

-----

"That'll be the daaaaaayyyy".....sounds awesome! Not getting much in the way of a play by play...Ooooo....you broke my will...oh what a tha~rill....goodness gracious..great balls of fire!!! Man...he is ON!!!

-----

Talking now

---

That'll be the daaaaaayyyy".....sounds awesome! Not getting much in the way of a play by play...Ooooo....you broke my will...oh what a tha~rill....goodness gracious..great balls of fire!!! Man...he is ON!!!

---

He says his mom says he belongs in the zoo! He got to see the monkeys today.

---

Hello Toledo!!!...what's with these "flags" (?????) Oooo...we have chatty clay....the cheetahs are to the left???

Ooops...lost her...brb

---

Hello!

"Looks like your having fun. What's with these flags?"

"Thrilled that your here. My mom always told me that I belong in a zoo.

Something about monkeys.. "Interesting to sing at a zoo..."

Mentioned the show is 2 1/2 hours.

"Feel free to jump up and dance around."

Talking about the next song... "I'm very good with the research."

Unchained Melody

---

UM.....beautiful....great connection...."and time...goes byyyy....so slowly...."

Oh my....awesome glory notes......really into this song....

"hungerrrred...for your touch..."

wow..."I neeeeeeeeedddd"...screams!!!!!.......crowd erupts!!! Linlas is moaning!!!!OMG!!!!!! That was incredible!!!!!

--

Here comes Clelvis!! Said he's the "best selling album"....lol wants to start the show over...lol...said I'm just gonna stop talking and sing....kept messing up the intro....

Love me tender.....

---

Elvis....best selling album....no, he corrects himself, best selling artist....and that's all there is to it. Best selling US artist in history.....you know what, I'm just going to sing.

Think she said Ethel is down there jumping around.

Love Me Tender....(okay, since you asked)

---

I need your love

IIIIIIII need your love

Godspeed your love

Toooooooooooooooo meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Again, this is exquisite, gorgeous and so very thudworthy.

-----

His voice is amazing on this!!!

-----

UM.....beautiful....great connection...."and time...goes byyyy....so slowly...."

Oh my....awesome glory notes......really into this song....

"hungerrrred...for your touch..."

wow..."I neeeeeeeeedddd"...screams!!!!!.......crowd erupts!!! Linlas is moaning!!!!OMG!!!!!! That was incredible!!!!!

-----

Are you still miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeee?

The little ending echo after 'to' before he gives the final meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

is so incredible.

The cellcerter said the closer to the front you are, the more lethal that song is!

Messing up his Elvis talk, said Good Lord, can I just start over?

-----

Started rambling a little about Elvis

"You know what I am just going to play..."

-----

LMT

-----

Hound dog

From CH, CB, CV:

Sounds like maybe something funny happened at the very end of LMT.

Don't you step on my blue suede shows.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - those low notes - so in control!

Don't Be Cruel

to a heart that's true

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM, more low notes

Heartbreak Hotel - he's sellin' it tonight! LOTS OF WOOOOOOOOO'S and screams! Gorgeous vocal! Fabulous LOW NOTES!!

Jailhouse Rock - growly!

HUGE SCREAMS!!

---

Clay sounds AMAZING on this elvis medley!!! The tone of his voice sounds like Elvis. Pretty amazing...

Suspicous Minds

---

You ain't nuttin' but a hound dog...".....people seem to be screaming responsibly Let's hope they keep it up...Heartbreak Hotel....there goes linlas.....his voice sounds crystal clear and strong....massive screams...quiet now for fools rush in.....omg...this connection is awesome...it sounds like he's right next to me

--

Don't Be Cruel...

Heartbreak Hotel (and the crowd goes wild!)

Jailhouse Rock

everybody let's rock....dancing to the jailhouse rock! (big cheers) He didn't go down on his knee that time. Stayed standing.

I Can't Help Falling in Love With You (the feeling's mutual!)

Suspicious Minds

---

OMG...suspicious minds...best evah! Lin reports clack being gathered from the second row Oh my....she's making some interesting noises

Clothes rack time...linlas is in good line to see the wardrobe change!

Shoes off, jacket on floor....ties going on...hey hey it's time for the monkees!

---

I'm listening on the yahoo cellcert. Sleepy Jean.

Downtown now. Lots of screams and OMG's!

---

No backdrop. Looks sold out. Lots of men.

Started off saying he'd looked at the penquins and the monkeys and he was going to take a penquin home to freeze it and keep it.

Daydream Believer--belting out the cheer up sleepy Jean

Downtown--again belting out the 'listen to the music of the traffic in the city' and really belting out 'Downtown!!'

Can't Buy Me Love (In my mind I can see him bobbing his head and shaking....oooooh, I like it!)

Good voice tonight!!!!

---

Can't buy me love! Head bop.

Sugar Sugar. Going around to sing to Angela and Quiana.

---

Head bobble time!!!!! Can't buy me love......OMG...his voice sounds spot on tonight...

Shugah shugah!.....ooooooo...I love this set!

---

Heavy leaning on Quianna during Sugar Sugar!

Happy Together! he put his arms around the girls and put one leg in lap and one in the other (I think that's what she said) Big laughs! Choking both Quianna and Angela (lovingly, I'm sure)

---

From CB, CH, CV:

Audience singing along now. Lots of OMG's!

Time for Solitaire!!!!!

--

hmmm...couldn't hear lin too well but something about Clay and angela and I believe he dipped her really far back on that last song??? Loud screams now....lin says the crowds on their feet...

Oh my...solitaire.....I'm gonna need a moment

---

From what I can hear sounds great!!!!!!

Just how it goes.....goes without saying.....

SOLITAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG he held it forever!!!

---

Great harmonies; incredible response from audience; still laughing and cheering!

Solitaire

Just heard an OMG.

There was a man

a lonely man

Solitaire's the only game in town

Such pure tone and gorgeous control.

---

OMG I have chills....soul piercing glory note....OMG....I'm swooning....crowd erupting....his voice is moving me to tears tonight...absolutely awesome

---

0s intro

-----

Daydream Believer!!

Wipe the sleep out of my eyes..

The shave and razors cold and it stings

Cheer up sleepy Gene.

Oh what can it mean to a

Daydream Believer and a homecoming dream

Some OMG's and cheers

-----

Downtown now. Lots of screams and OMG's!

-----

Can't Buy Me Love - Screams and laughter, woooooooo's!!

He sounds incredible!

-----

Can't buy me love! Head bop.

Sugar Sugar. Going around to sing to Angela and Quiana.

-----

Lots of OMGs and laughter from cellstream.

-----

Sugar Sugar

He must have nuzzled or tickled or something - laughter and cheers from the audience!

Now on So Happy Together

More laughter and wooooooooooo's, lots more laughter, continuing

WHOA - these vocals!

Solitaire! Really strong voice tonight on this one. For some reason, it sounds more heartbreaking over the phone.

....a little hope goes up in smoke...just how it goes, goes without saying....here it comes!

Solitaire glory note--gorgeous and the crowd loves

Standing ovation! (even the people that don't seem to want to stand)

---

It's time for motown!!! Love PIP Clay!!! woohoo!!!

He keeps repeating the word "Miracles" during the intro????

I can see him on the stairs now...doing those smooth moves...you go Mr. PIP! Oooo..train move! woowoo!!!

---

Motown....

Keeps repeating "The Miracles, the Miracles, the Miracles..." while he tries to 'get up here'. Not sure where 'here' is. (upper stage, I assume)

Midnight Train to Georgia....he must be Pipping.

My Girl

Scruffy13 (who's giving me the cellcert--Thank You!!) said his voice cracked just a bit on Solitaire but it still sounded wonderful.

The Tears of a Clown....sadder than sad....the tears of a clown when there's no one around....

Rescue Me

---

The girls are having fun with this set...great job tonight gals...sounds like these four are having a blast!

Heard it through the grapevine...go jacob....

---

Be still my Clangela lovin' heart. I thought the Clelly was sweet but there is just something sooooo captivating about Clay and Angela. Their playfulness on stage reminds me of my early twitterpatted days with my husband 20+ years ago.

Realistically I doubt there is much going on off stage but it's sure fun watching them anyway.

From CH, CB, CV:

Clay sounding strong on "I'll Be There." It's so interesting to hear him change his phrasing to make his vocals sound fuller -- I love it!

"Think" now.

-----

WOW! Clay's back - so strong and gorgeous.

Reach Out

Reach out for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll be there!

The meeeee and ohhhhhhhhh were to die for. Rich, full, glorious, gorgeous.

Think - Angela's bringing it!!

---

Talking about not having the "rhythm" that Angela, Jacob and Quiana do.... likes to get help from the audience (screamss!!)

---

hat was the 1960's for ya!

The Pips and the Miracles. Who didn't know what I was talking about?

Heading to the 70s in a minute; have some problem there

When you put me onstage dancing, it becomes a mess; people don't want to see that. HUGE SCREAMS

Prob is I don't have the rhythm that A and Q do, a skinny white boy, you don't want to see him dancing.

Talking about going into audience.

Cellcerter is saying, "look at him!"

MANY screams, one especially who keeps on. He said he's got these things in his ears and he can still hear the screaming. When he needs someone to scream, he'll go to that screamer!

Miserable feeling men in the audience, etc. Most would rather be watching an episode of the Golden Girls than be at the Clay Aiken concert.

(He's going to our cellcerter's side. They are saying OMG OMG OMG.)

-----

Nice applause for "Think."

Big cheers as Clay re-emerges, cracks a little joke that makes people go "Awwww..." and then says something about having a hard enough time standing up straight by himself.

Says something about how he says the same thing every night, and people in the crowd finishing his lines or something. Introducing the 70s -- how fun the song were, lots of dancing. Clay claims he doesn't have the rhythm that Jacob, Angela and Quiana do. "You don't want to see the skinny white boy do all the dancing!" The crowd protests, this is exactly what they want to see.

From Clay, "That is a high-pitched squeal you have there. You should be very proud. If I need someone with a high-pitched squeal, I'll come to you."

Talking about how the men here have been bribed and threatened to be here, because most of them would rather be watching Golden Girls.

OMG with the squealing and screaming over the cellcert! Clay is in the audience now.

---

Its Tom's annivesary....gonna dance for his wife on stage...

Ain't no mountain high enough...singing it from out in the audience! making his way back to the stage...I can hear his voice so clear! He's really having fun with this show tonight!

---

Nice applause for "Think."

Big cheers as Clay re-emerges, cracks a little joke that makes people go "Awwww..." and then says something about having a hard enough time standing up straight by himself.

Says something about how he says the same thing every night, and people in the crowd finishing his lines or something. Introducing the 70s -- how fun the song were, lots of dancing. Clay claims he doesn't have the rhythm that Jacob, Angela and Quiana do. "You don't want to see the skinny white boy do all the dancing!" The crowd protests, this is exactly what they want to see.

From Clay, "That is a high-pitched squeal you have there. You should be very proud. If I need someone with a high-pitched squeal, I'll come to you."

Talking about how the men here have been bribed and threatened to be here, because most of them would rather be watching Golden Girls.

OMG with the squealing and screaming over the cellcert! Clay is in the audience now.

-----

"That's the 1960's for ya...headed into the 70's...songs alot of fun in the 70's people danced alot...gets dangerous when you see me on stage...talking about his dancing...the problem is I dont have the rythm that ang, quiana and jacob do...dont want to see the skinny white boy dancing...comparing himself to the brady bunch ....telling someone he's not gonna pick them and to calm down...telling someone to be proud of their high pitched squeal... stop it your gonna hurt something... lol....picking a miserable husband now...lol...said if you please I'd like to have all of my ??? on when I get back on stage??? Talking to a hubby that was in columbus...possibly the dancer from there????He must be very far back in the crowd...said he was gonna get in trouble...found Tom 2/3rds of the way back in the audience....

-----

ANMHE

from Cb:

Heard it Through the Grapevine

(the backup singers are great....but they're not Clay. Just not the excitement there for me when they sing)

Reach Out.....I'll Be There

Freedom...or whatever this song is called (for some reason this voice makes the phone cut out)

Clay was just standing there watching Angela the whole time.

Finished with the 60's...

Now, going into the 70's...

Aid there was a little bit of trouble in the 70's. The people had so much trouble in the 70's that they danced a lot. Said his dancing is a mess and "you didn't pay for that". Screams of denial from the crowd. Says he doesn't have the rhythm that Angela, Jacob and Quianna have. Says it's kind of like Peter on the Brady Bunch but it's worse than that. Asking the crowd for help.

Picking someone in the audience to help. Says "I've got these things in my ears and I can still hear you scream. That's quite a squeal. When I need someone to squeal, I'll come to you."

"I'm afraid you're going to hurt something."

Looking for a miserable man. Says girlfriends or wives drug them there and they'd probably rather be watching an episode of the Golden Girls than come there. Going to the other side of the audience......

Lots of screaming...going all the way back!

Talking about a man at a state fair a while back that was sitting there miserable and he picked "Doug" and "Doug" is enjoying himself now. Lots and lots of screaming!!!! Coming up to the second tear. About four rows from Scruffy...

Fellow says he can't dance. He said Doug couldn't dance a few weeks ago either. Says tonight is the fellow's 38th anniversary. He's going backstage....

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

---

Clays talking about dancing.. And how the 70's has alot of dancing.. And then he said you didn't pay for that.. And then the audience cheered and Clay went "Well maybe not.." or something like that. "I don't really have the rythm of Angela, Quiana and Jacob you don't want to see me do all the dancing" "Its like the Brady bunch... It looks like that" "I need help from the audience.. ask for your help"

"I have ear things in my ears and I can't still hear you screaming.. You have a very high pitch squeal. You should be proud..."

"Alot of ladies here in the audience..."

"But I see some gentlemen in the audience.. These guys are miserable.. There wife or gf bribed them..."

"Ask a gentleman to come on stage and dance for the audience instead"

"I'm coming back here..."

The guy said "It's alot better then Columbus" bwah!!

Find somebody else tonight... Give Doug a round of applause

"I might get in trouble going all the way back here...Get up... Up..."

"This gentleman right here.. What's your name?.. Tom? Where are you from? Who did you come with? Tom would you be willing to help us on stage?"

Tonight is Toms 30th anniversary. Talking to wife: Give something to you for your anniversary present?

---

I'M GOING TO BE GETTING A CALL FROM BWEBER AFTER INTERMISSION SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO BRING OVER ANY REPORTS FROM THE OTHER BOARDS.

---

Our cellcert host said the guy set up the dancing pick as an anniversary present to his wife! Happy 38th Anniversary

---

During Suger Suger when he came up behind Quiana.. Singing normerly. Then he grabbed her kind of around the waist pulling her over.. she is bent over on the side. She is trying to keep singing.

Goes over to Angela over there shorter amount of time during the song. He reached up grabbed her pig tail and twirled it/rubbing her head.

Go up and sit on the platform. Knees up on the stairs. Q & A linked there arms around his legs. He kicked both feet up and puts both legs one over Quiana and one over angela. Spread eagled on the steps singing

---

e puts his legs back down. Clay doesn't laugh just singing.

Puts his arms around both of them.. almost in a headlock. Clay has a huge grin on his face Hold them so tight and quiana and Angela just kept singing. He is just singing normally like "ba ba ba ba" like nothing is happening

---

Clay kept screwing up the Elvis speech... "So I will just play"

Got lost again for the 70's intro

I'll Be There was Fantastic tonight! He was strutting around the stage throwing his arms back.

Great Balls of Fire.. He should sing that the entire concert and she would be thrilled. He is so cute. She could just eat him up with a spoon

-----

BWAH!! When Clay said that he was going to go back deep into the audience, he said, "Now, I want to have all my appendages when I come back!"

-----

He was very funny with the banter looking for a guy.

Went all the way back in the balcony..

HE said something like: "ok people I want to have all my body parts when I go back"

-----

This was Doug's 5th concert.. He is up dancing...

Clay comes up to him and says how are you doing? "This is much better then Columbus" "Ok calm down people I am not picking you"

-----

"He was excited because he got to see the apes/monkeys/penguins. He stole a penguin and its backstage and he is going to take it home and put in the freezer.

The cheetahs are by the ampitheater and Clay said he would let them out?

From Cb, CH, CV:

is starting. Carwash.

-----

Oh what a night!!

"Give it up for Tom!!"

-----

Big cheers for "Car Wash."

HUGE cheers as Clay starts "December 1963" -- encourages the crowd to cheer for Tom. Brandi says, "OMG, Tom is hilarious!" Tom is apparently a big man?

Clay sounding great.

"September" is greeted by big screams.

---

Oh what a night!! Here we go! He's sounds like he's shouting out to the crowd during the song.....September now....leg kicks!! Badababadooo

----

Scruffy13 back...

Fellow's "dancing"--just twirling one end of his boa around.

Oh What a Night!

September

.....the crowd's going crazy

Nights on Broadway

.....bringing it on....

She sees a lot of screens and movie cameras and a lot of flashes.

Too Much Heaven...intermittent screams (oh wait, maybe that's just me)

---

EARTH MOVE... QUIANNA NOW, SHE SOUNDS STRONG!

---

Too much heaven....I'm in heaven

love is such a beautiful thinnngggg.....fade awaaaaayyyy...

Oh my...Mandy...*sigh*

--

Clay is sounding gorgeous on "Mandy." Really, really wonderful. The resonance and depth of feeling in his voice is coming through beautifully tonight.

---

BARB REPORTS HIS HAIR IS JUST "PERFECT" HEHE.

NOW HE'S TEACHING CLASS, EVENTS OF THE 70'S.. PEOPLE RAISE YOUR HANDS...

---

Feel the Earth Move.....really LOUD! (Had to move the phone away from my ear for that one)

Mandy (she hasn't heard any screams during this one so should be good video...she sees people holding up lighters)

I just heard a scream....someone must not have been able to control themselves.

Here come the choir robes.

He said that sometimes he messes up the words on purpose so people would know he was really singing. Talking about the 1970's...said today was the day the Elvis died...1977. He's asking input from the audience but making them take turns. It's like he's giving a test or teaching a class. "Women's lib!" and everyone starts yelling.

----

GETTING BITS AND PIECES...

HEARD A GIRL SAID "YOU WERE BORN" AND LAUGHTER....

SOMETHING ABOUT OTHER EVENTS... WOMEN'S LIB, LAUGHTER. NOW BOTW.

---

e held the last "Youuuuuuuuuu" FOREVER it seemed

-----

Clay got a bit ahead of himself on "Mandy" -- skipped ahead of the last "need" a bit early, but he covered, and it was totally fine.

Wow, that last "you" -- he held it out forever! Beautiful job -- really fantastic, and there are extended screams and cheers now.

Clay said that sometimes he messes up on purpose so people know he's not lip-synching.

Clay says, "I don't know much about the 70s because I was, you know, a fetus then." Soliciting audience memories from the 70s.

-----

Asking people what happened in the 70's

"She graduated from high school...She got married...Many personal things...What happened in the nation?"

"A few more.. ok don't shout out"

-----

BOTW

----

Bridge Over Troubled Water

......ease your mind!

Standing ovation from most of the crowd.

Scruffy's mother in law is there with them. She's never seen Clay in concert. She warned her that he wouldn't just be singing gospel songs like she had played for her before. I wonder what she'll think of "When Doves Cry"? LOL!

Here's the Preacher!

---

Da preacher man is in da house!!! Can I have an Amen!

---

HERE COMES THE PREACHER INTRO TO THE 80S. NO BACKDROPS, THE STAGE IS SO HUGE THEY CAN'T PUT THEM UP.

----

Teacher Clay is getting mostly personal memories (high school graduations, children born, marriages, etc.O in the 1970s.

Clay snarked that he would be singing an Aerosmith song later on tonight!

Finally, someone says that the bicentennial took place in the 1970s.

And he celebrates women's lib in the 70s.

-----

BOTW!!!! Sounds amazing

-----

ease your miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd

dddd!!!

HUGE cheers. Sounded like he got the glory gusto note!!

-----

BOTW -- a rousing finish! Big-time cheers, HUGE screams, a nice, extended applause.

Preacher! Felix! steps up to the pulpit.

--

HERE HE COMES...

OUR SWEET LITTLE CHOIR BOY!!!!!! (YEAH RIGHT!)

--

OMG....he sounds so amazing...slow part....so clear.....so strong...."she's never satisfiiiiiied"......"screaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm"...OMG!!!!! held it forever!!!!!

---

WHY DO WE SCREEEEEEEEEAAAAMMM (HOLDING NOTE FOREVER!!)

THIS IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE.... OK HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

----

WDC now!!!!!!!!

Why do we screammmmmmmmmmmmmm

Held it out forever!!!

This is what it sounds like...........When Dove Cry!

Major screams!!!!

---

OMG! He's doing the dance with quianna tonight!

---

CAN YOU PICTURE THIS

HE WENT OVER TO THE PIANO SIDE... IS HE GOING FOR QUIANA? CAN'T QUITE TELL.. APPARENTLY QUIANA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT!!

NOW HE'S WITH ANGELA...

----

THEY DID THE USUAL BACKBENDS TAKING TURNS.. HE SOUNDS GREAT!! HIS VOICE IS SO STRONG!!

---

and the Doves begin to cry....

Clay's looking down reverantly.... Held up his robe to walk up the stairs.

Pure voice, "How can you leave me standing alone in a world that's so cold....."

crowd very quiet

"Why do we scream..." and the crowd wakes up....holding that note forever!!

"This is what it sounds like when doves cry....this is what it sounds like....WHEN DOVES CRY!!!!!"

The robe's gone!!! and the crowd goes crazy!

"can you picture this?" Yes, I can!!

He's dancing with Quianna. Calmer dance with Quianna, more like normal dancing. Jacob and Angela dancing. Quianna tried to do the dip but she couldn't go back too far. He's back with Angela now. Backing her up, holding her sweatshirt, shimmied down her, dip, backwards dip--looks like she's going to push him over.

"Too bold!!!!!"

.....I need a moment.

Mother in law never changed the look on her face. LOL!

----

He apparently changed it up a bit tonight with the dancing

Maracca time!!!!

---

.....I need a moment.

------

Clay's vocals tonight are really awesome -- that "father -- TOO BOLD!" was fantastic. He is holding out the WDC notes forever.

The crowd is going nuts as the song ends.

"All Night Long" -- Brandi is cracking up over the prospect of maracas.

-----

ALL NIGHT LONG. BARB SAID HE DID HIS GOOFY DANCE UP THE STEPS.

NOW HE'S CHANNELING RICK ASTLEY...

NOW "ALONE"..

---

Never gonna give you up..." that's right Clay

uh oh...linlas is making strange noises again

Alone....oh my...gorgeous....just gorgeous

---

JACOB'S TURN... ROCK WITH YOU.

---

Much giggling over Clay cuteness over the cellstream.

Clay sounding excellent on "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Slowing it down for "Alone" -- just the right melancholy/wistful touch on the verses. Wailing on the chorus now -- sounding great! Big cheers.

-----

Alone....oh my...gorgeous....just gorgeous

-----

"Rock With You."

---

Be still my Clangela lovin' heart.  I thought the Clelly was sweet but there is just something sooooo captivating about Clay and Angela.  Their playfulness on stage reminds me of my early twitterpatted days with my husband 20+ years ago.

Realistically I doubt there is much going on off stage but it's sure fun watching them anyway.

Yes it is...you know I do read some fiction and I'm just perplexed why there is so little Clangela..I mean - it seems like it could write iself.

From CB, CH, CV:

All Night Long.

Clay's dancing on the steps.

Alone (Clay's made me love this song!)

Michael Jackson song.... (sorry, I tend to drift away when anyone other than Clay is singing....)

---

GETTING READY FOR SAILING NOW... IT'S VERY QUIET.

Sailing...wonder what antics we'll have tonight

-----

Sounds strong and pure. (Never know about the pure part just from hearing the vocals, however!! Footsie, anyone?) Sounds beautiful.

---

Apparently there are no antics tonight. Sounds pretty.

Barb says they behaved themselves tonight.

-----

Can't touch this

---

When you can't see Jacob dance, the song seems to go on forever....

Sailing....wonder if they'll behave?

....don't hear any playing around going on and the crowd is quiet.

Good applause.

Can't Touch This!

---

IT'S HAMMER TIME.

CLAY GOING THRU USUAL INTRO, WHAT THEY WORE BACK THEN "YOU WORE IT TO WORK, YOU WORE IT TO CHURCH, YOU WORE IT TO A PICNIC, AND YOU THOUGHT YOU LOOKED GOOD!!

---

Linlas reporting a beautiful night sky as a back drop...it appears there was no kissing attempts tonight during sailing...

Making fun of the 90's now...

---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HE HAS ALL 3 OF THEM DOING A DIFFERENT DANCE RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE ARE SCREAMING AND LAUGHING, BARB IS SCREAMING IN MY EAR WHAT IS HAPPENING BUT IT'S TOO LOUD!!

---

No idea what is going on but the crowd is going crazy!

===

----

Snarking on 90s fashion. 5 years ago, it was the 1990s, and 10 years ago, we were wearing colors this loud.

Clay asks, "And what is this?" He demonstrated some dancing move, to huge screams, cheers and laughs.

Tells Angela to keep doing the cabbage patch. Quiana is demonstrating what Clay calls her tribute to Paula Abdul. Encourages Jacob to do the running man.

Clay is just chatting away while the back-up singers dance. The crowd is going nuts over something, but I don't know what. But there are really huge cheers.

Clay is saying, "C'mon up here, it's OK, c'mon! I'm serious!" I have no clue who he's talking to, but the crowd is cheering.

-----

Black Velvet

---

90's!

"Don't deny it--you wore this stuff in the 90's. It looked good back then. Gentlemen, what were we thinking?? ....we didn't have any sense..... "

Brought up Paula Abdul again with the dancing...

'Can't Touch This...'

Lot's of screaming.

Think she says they're throwing something at him...thongs? towels? Jacob's bowing down to him. A lot of confusion on this end of the phone.

---

Wish I knew what just happened!

Whatever it was the crowd was crazy!

Ang and BV now...

---

Ladies, you know you had an ugly business suit like this that you word at church, in the yard, etc.

And Gentlemen, -- then talks about the unclipped overall clip

And what's this -- Cabbage Patch (Q)

What are some of the other dances of the 1990's -- audience screams

Something about a tribute to Paula Abdul

He's WOUND up tonight!

Audience is cheering and screaming and laughing!! He has them in the palm of his hand!!

Said Svon, you're laughing now but we can have you out here too - AUDIENCE IS GOING WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Svon (I think is what he said)

I sign the checks!!!

Svon, come on. I'm serious. AUDIENCE CHEERING WILDLY.

Here we go!

STILL WILD CHEERS!!

STILL.

STILL.

These are the 1990's!

-----

Black Velvet

-----

EOTR

from Cb, CH, CV:

Black Velvet - butt kickin' going on in that song again tonight!

Barry White-ish - voice over part

EOTR - Jacob

-----

EOTR... JACOB & CLAY DO THIS SOOOO WELL TOGETHER, CROWD LOVES IT TOO... YOU GO GUYS!!! BIG CROWD PLEASER!!

-----

Iris

---

EOTR....*sigh*...their voices blend beautifully....

Iris....soon to be followed by that lethal Loca song

HERE COMES OUR LOCA BOYFRIEND!

SHAKE THAT BON BON HONEY! I HEAR SCREAMS!

BARB SAYS "THERE GOES THE VEST" HEHE

---

I cannot describe what Clay's vocals on EOTR do to me. OMG. Such passion, power, pleading, plaintive. OMG.

-----

Go Clarence!! "End of the Road" now. I love this song so much -- brings back high school memories for me!

Jacob has changed up EOTR a bit the last few days -- sounds good. Clay's voice sounding rich as he sings his part of the song -- I love how he sounds singing this song!

"Iris" -- greeted by cheers.

-----

LLVL

---

Black Velvet--drug out the end notes to lots of cheers.

Jacob's singing (sounds good). Jacob forgot the words and Clay's making fun of him. Others joining in "End of the Road"...good harmony, as usual.

Iris...sounding fantastic!

and now.....

LLVL....I want to be there!!!! This is a song that you really need to SEE, not just hear. Screams!!!!!!!!

Lots of screams and cheers!

---

LLVL -

Cheers overshadowed the vocals! I can barely hear Clay! (We lost sound for the first half of the song.)

Tremendous audience response!

-----

ICMYLM

---

LONG INTRO BY S'VON TO CALM THE PACE DOWN NOW...

---

oh my...my favorite song....crowd respectful...thank goodness....he just pulls me so deep into this song....so passionate....thank you Clay...just...thank you...the clack from this is gonna be amazing.....I'm in tears here...absolutely amazing....

---

Iris" always gets such a great response in concert.

LLVL -- the crowd erupted when it started. Clay's vocals sounding excellent, very convincing. And the crowd is going nuts as "she'll make you take your clothes off" -- it's actually hard to hear him through the screams! There was some giggling from Brandi early on in the song -- I'm sure she is loving this!

ENORMOUS, prolonged cheers as LLVL ends.

S'von now. Sounding great! Could be wrong, but I thought I heard Clay intro him -- I'm really not sure, though.

-----

ICMYLM

--

von piano interlude before ICMYLM. Lovely.

Now beautiful piano in ICMYLM music, prior to Clay singing.

Turn down the lights

turn down the bed

turn down these voices

inside my head

(beautiful mix of voice and piano)

From here it sounds like the audience is being quiet and respectful and this is another glorious rendition.

-----

Some stray cheers during the piano intro of ICMYLM, but the crowd is listening to Clay sing.

GUH. He sounds incredible.

---

Oh my...tonight's ICMYLM is just gorgeous...so very beautiful.

-----

oh my...my favorite song....crowd respectful...thank goodness....he just pulls me so deep into this song....so passionate....thank you Clay...just...thank you...the clack from this is gonna be amazing.....I'm in tears here...absolutely amazing....

-----

"Turn out the light...turn down the bed..."

crowd seems quiet. (piano seems too loud) I think the word has gotten out that screams aren't appreciated during this song. Singing the whole song.

"I'll close my eyes then I won't see..."

Scruffy13 says it's the best rendition she's heard yet. Standing Ovation. Beautiful!!!

-----

IWALY

---

intro to ICMYLM....

"Turn out the light...turn down the bed..."

crowd seems quiet. (piano seems too loud) I think the word has gotten out that screams aren't appreciated during this song. Singing the whole song.

"I'll close my eyes then I won't see..."

Scruffy13 says it's the best rendition she's heard yet. Standing Ovation. Beautiful!!!

---

ICMYLM WAS GORGEOUS. I DIDN'T HEAR ANY AUDIENCE NOISE FROM WHAT I COULD TELL!!!

HERE COMES QUIANA.

---

In tears for the second time tonight

Clay singing I Can't Make You Love Me is just the most incredibly beautiful sound.

*sigh*

---

CMYLM WAS GORGEOUS. I DIDN'T HEAR ANY AUDIENCE NOISE FROM WHAT I COULD TELL!!!

-----

::sniffle::

Clay just got a HUGE response from the crowd when he stepped off. Such a great job.

IWALY

-----

"I Will Always Love You" sung by Quianna. What a voice! Angela may be the better dancer but Quianna can SING!

Lots of screams and cheers! No standing ovation right now but they're yelling. (mid song, though)

Now she gets her standing ovation! Lots of cheers!

-----

Band Intro

---

Phew...I'm all befuddled after that.....Quianna singing now....catching my breath.... that rendidtion of ICMYLM has to be the best one so far..

---

QUIANA GETS HER PROPS. JUST WONDERFUL!

BAND INTROS NOW. SAYS ANGIE FISHER HAS AN ALBUM COMING OUT IN JAN.

---

SAID SOMEBODY'S NICKNAME IS BABY SPICE. DIDN'T CATCH WHO THAT WAS.

---

Thanking the band and plugging the web sites now....I'm so sad it's almost over

Confused over who is the bishop I guess Maureen has some nicknames too....called out a few of them including Blondie and then introduced her as baby spice

---

From cb:

She said people that hadn't stood during the whole show were standing up for Quianna.

Introducing the band....

Says Angela's cd is in the lobby or whatever you call that area...at the aquarium.

Also Jacob....

Give another round of applause to these three.

Now introducing the rest of the band. Says they've got a religious theme going on with the band for some reason....Cardinal Daniel Pearson....crowd suggesting names for Maureen....Baby Spice.

The drummer is the deacon.

Calling Savon the dance captain now. He wants signs for Savon tomorrow night. Says Baby Spice could have worked for Savon too.

Talking about the "amazing" crew now. He's always so appreciative of those that work for him. Says Mary helps him take his clothes off and put them back on backstage. (I want her job!) Says that will be on the message boards tomorrow.

---

LITTLE STINKER. SAID MARY HELPS HIM TAKE HIS CLOTHES OFF AND PUTS THEM BACK ON. SAID THAT WILL BE ALL OVER THE MESSAGE BOARDS.

HE LOVES TO BAIT US!!

---

Candace coleman in audience...

MOAM medley.....(these songs will forever be engraved in my heart)....and when I can't find the right words to say....I feel it in the waaaaayyy.....

---

sounding great! I think the audience is singing along.

He definitely said that Mary helps him change, and that this fact will be all over the message boards.

-----

IWCY - I ADORE this version of IWCY and want full song!!!!!!!!!!!

The guitar work and Clay's strong vocals and such a powerful, winning combination. Spellbinding and breathtaking to me.

The Way - background vocals are pretty at the beginning.

--

MOAM medley.....(these songs will forever be engraved in my heart)....and when I can't find the right words to say....I feel it in the waaaaayyy.....

NO REQUESTS TONIGHT.

NOW MORE FROM HIS SONGS...WYSYLM...

Somethin bout the way you look tonight.....

I love this song and I'm so glad Clay brought it back. I missed it last tour.

Baby it's the way that it makes me feel to see you smile.

----

From Cb:

Talking about being back on tour at Christmas and again maybe next summer - and maybe some new songs.

Talking with audience about whether people will think we look stupid in the future.

Pointed out someone wearing a nurse's outfit. Said he feels good now, he coul be wearing SCRUBS.

Says he feels like the show is 5 hours long.

Also says he'll be in Cleveland audience tells him the 24th

He says he feels like he's doing nightclubs ( because of the interaction)

He'll be at "Trixie's" on the 24th

1000 Days nw...

Through my eyes....

So then what's a man like me supposed to do. *sigh*

---

W sounded lovely.

WYSYLM -- got through the verse without any problems on the lyrics! I really like this arrangement.

Complimenting Maureen for her Baby Spice-style haircut, says that she should do it like that every night.

Says that they'll probably be back in Ohio for Christmas this year, and that they might just be back next summer.

Some sort of fashion tangent again. Something about being out-of-style now (is he talking about what he is wearing now).

They'll be back in Cleveland. Says he says the same things every night, I think people in the crowd are disputing the notion.

OK, something Clay said cracked everyone up.

-----

Saying something about hair???

2004 - we came up to Ohio w/ Kelly, later with Christmas, may be back next summer

Putting some songs on _____

Was thinking in 10 years we'll be laughing at what we wore now. Has some good banter going on here. Audience laughing!

Will be back in Ohio one more time - in Cleveland. Won't change anything, same show as here tonight. Feel free to drop by.

Folks yelled the 24th, he said when, they yell 24th again. He says we'll be back on the 24th!! Also talking about putting together a Christmas tour.

Doing possible 2006 songs. Working on an album.

1000 Days

---

Linlas loves andy's reverb on this song...she made a point to tell me that ....whatever your feelings on this song...he sure sings the stuffings out of it....just...gahhhhh!!!!

---

1000 Days" now -- greeted with some screams and cheers.

There is a sqrueamer (squealer merged with screamer) next to our cellcerters.

Clay sounding great singing this -- very much owning the song vocally.

-----

whatever your feelings on this song...he sure sings the stuffings out of it....just...gahhhhh!!!!

-----

ooooo he is changing up the last chorus.. Like he did with Invisible...

The oooos are back!

-----

Oh my, those "they don't know's" are incredible!!!

Sounds like another strong, awesome performance.

(I think I need to find some new adjectives!!)

Oh my, that wail!!! Audience replied approval.

Great glory note. Audience is into this.

EVERY "they don't know" has been WONDERFUL.

Big audience response.

-----

Clay is doing some big-time riffing on the last chorus of "1000 Days." Sounds awesome, and the crowd loves the song. Huge screams, huge cheers -- the applause is prolonged.

-----

Pretty much of a standing ovation for 1000 Days.

-----

BFM now.

-----

Bigger audience response at beginning notes of BFM!

-----

The crowd is really into BFM, and it sounds like Clay & co. really are, too. I think this song is underrated in terms of its vocal difficulty, and Clay really sings it well -- he gets stronger and stronger as the song goes on.

HOLY CRAP the squreamer is totally out of control. The whole crowd was screaming and cheering big-time, though.

"Invisible" -- the crowd singing along.

---

INVISIBLE, EVERYBODY IS SINGING ALONG, I CAN HEAR THEM LOUD!!! "YOUR TURN!!" I LOVE THAT!!

---

from CH, CV:

Someone passed around little white pennants with Clay written in red on them -- she is expecting Clack over a sea of white pennants.

Confirms that Clay said that Mary helps him take my clothes off and put them back on. Was specific about everyone on the crew.

S'von did indeed dance during the 90s banter -- he did a lizard/snake-like/centipede breakdancing move type of thing. Very funny. Brandi is trying to describe a new dance that the back-up singers demonstrated during the 90s banter. Quiana did the running man at warp speed. Jacob jumped up on the piano stool -- Brandi says that he can really da-hance.

There were some sound problems (mostly reverb) tonight -- but better than last night.

Clay sounded a bit hoarse -- the reverb was especially significant on WDC.

hen Doves Cry: Clay danced with Quiana. Then backed over and danced with Angela during the 2nd half of the song

-----

Chatter before 1000 days: Talking about the album. Talking about x-mas... JNT fav tour after this one

You go to multiple shows I say the same thing... audience yells "I don't think so" and then Clay goes "really?... Well it feels like I'm up here for 5hours"

-----

The sound on ICMYLM was perfect -- his voice was so clear and so beautiful. Gor.geous, so says Brandi. There were a couple of "Woohs" at the beginning, but everyone listened throughout.

Brandi is describing her 12-year-old neighbor during the concert. Frighteningly enough, the 12-year-old and her friend was closer to her during the 1st half -- they were down a couple of seats from Brandi for the second set. Good grief! They were trying to coordinate a cheer before Clay started singing during ICMYLM, but didn't come up with what to say in time.

Brandi confirms that Clay danced with Quiana first on WDC -- they didn't have a great view, but it looked like she danced with him rather than giggle. He came back and danced with Angela, who did her backbend, there was the limbo move, etc.

"Iris" sounded better.

He hit a clunker (vocally) on "Love Me Tender," and Quiana apparently had some really bad notes on IWALY, but recovered nicely. Clay got a standing ovation for ICMYLM -- pretty much got a standing ovation for everything (not "Sailing," but that's because it has such a long outro). Lots of sitting tonight, which is good, because there's on slope on the floor.

Banter before the new songs -- the Christmas tour was his favorite tour after this one. Clay said something like the show feels like it's 5 hours long to him. Brandi and Eva are discussing how this is a longer show for him and much more involved because of the amount of singing, dancing and costume changing. When the crowd was yelling out about how he would be in Cleveland on 24 August, Clay said, "Wow, I feel like I should be at a nightclub saying, 'Next week, we'll be at Trixie's!"

Before the new songs, he said that people would probably look at what they're wearing today in 10 years and think it's stupid, then he said something about how he's probably out of style now. So the crowd protested, and he noticed one person especially saying that he looked great, so he said, "OK, maybe my tie isn't so bad, because you're wearing a nurse's uniform! I could be wearing scrubs!"

HOLY TOLEDO, BATMAN!! I HAD A TOTAL BLAST AT THE TOLEDO ZOO CONCERT TONIGHT!!

Excuse the screaming - I think I'm done now. Well, maybe a stray EEEE! or two might leak through.

I'm writing this recap without reading anything first, so I can get my impressions out while they're still fresh in my mind. This was my first Clay concert ever, although I have been following him pretty closely online like the rest of you. My older sister, my 17 year-old niece, and my niece's friend came with me, none of who were really up on the whole Clay phenomena. [Niece's friend thought he had won AI, and didn't realize he was the one who sang "Invisible".] I wanted to have the whole experience, so we went to the pre-party get-together. I was able to snag a couple of Lucia's Brazil pins, and we met some lovely ladies from South Carolina. They told my niece how happy they were to see teenage fans coming to see Clay, and told her how cute she looked. I had bought her a snappy fedora at the mall earlier in the day, and she did look darn cute in it!

Our seats weren't together, so we got Niece and Friend situated, and Sis and I made our way down to our 4th row seats. The view was great, even though we were packed in tighter than sardines. We were right on the aisle, almost directly in front of the piano. I made a point of going up to check on the blue shoes under the piano, and sure enough, they were right there.

I'll try to remember the stuff that struck me as different, or interesting, so this may be a little stream of conscious here: No room for backdrops in the amphitheater, so we just got lighting effects. Geez, Clay's pale and thin! It seemed a little unreal when he came out and I saw him live and in person for the very first time ever. Early on in the Fifties set, Sis turned to me and said "He looked right at me!" Ah the power of the Aiken eyef**k, even on the clueless. Unchained Melody was great - it strikes me that he kept his eyes closed for most of it. Much screaming for the glory notes.

I didn't notice the pained, dramatic faces too much for "Love Me Tender", which were evident in some of the Clack from the earlier concerts. The hip and microphone action was great - I really like the angled stance he uses during the Elvis stuff, and the microphone humping is a hoot.

It definitely isn't Mary behind the clothing rack - I think Clay said the guy's name is Nolan. I was amused by the Target bag hanging on the end of the rack - I don't think that was vintage [HA HA]. The whole Sixties Medley is so cute - I loved the McCartney head shake. During "Happy Together" on the stairs, both Angela and Quiana had their arms wrapped around Clay's calves, so he ended up throwing his legs over their's briefly. He then sang most of the rest of the song with A & Q both in a headlock. That was really the only foolin' around during the singing I noticed.

I was a little distracted by the security guard chasing the constant stream of photographers out of the aisle during the Pip stuff, so I missed some of the moves. Angela killed on "Rescue Me", and the crowd loved Jacob on "Grapevine". I was also a little distracted by seeing Nick and Jerome Jr. getting ready to escort Clay out into the audience. When Clay did come down to do his volunteer search, he went right by us. [This would be an appropriate place for one of those spare EEEEEE's] Sis said she wanted to reach out and touch him, but managed to restrain herself. Tsathy would be pleased. Clay really did go a long ways into the audience, not only to talk to Don from Columbus, but to recruit Tom from Delta. I don't know how his wife managed to get her husband chosen as her 38th anniversary gift, but it certainly seemed pre-arranged. I'd be interested to read her account of it. Clay went up another aisle to return to the stage, so no more "touching" opportunities for us.

Loved the disco ball lighting for the beginning of the 70's set. The audience was very appreciative of the spinning and kicking. You go, pasty white boy!! Very cute sychronized legs kicks from the beanbag contingent. Mandy was very good. I didn't realize the back-ups were in their choir robes already for "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Felix was pretty funny doing his 80's spiel. He went tearing around behind the raised stairway [which Clay later mentioned startled him], jumped from the top of the stairs, and dropped into a roll. I think when Clay was coming up the steps to do "When Doves Cry", he stepped on the front of his robe. You may notice him sort of holding the front of it in the Clack, so that could be why. No "Take it Offs" that I heard, but some woman did scream "Where's Waldo". Classy. I was really surprised when he came over to the piano side of the stage to do the initial moves on Quiana. I don't think she was surprised, though, so maybe they had discussed it. Clay did some grinding with Quiana, and when I glanced over, Jacob seemed to be doing some sort of backbend into Angela. Of course Clay later went back to Angela, and did the normal back and forward stuff that I believe we're all familiar with [Please, I know I'm not the only one who downloads at least one version from every concert!] I don't think I have watched any Clack of Jacob doing "Rock with You", so I didn't realize how terrific he was doing that number. He really moves with a lot of fluidity throughout the show [when I remember to watch him], and it is a great interpetation of Micheal Jackson. No messing around during "Sailing", and I had a good view beneath the piano. Angela kept her distance, so there was no repeat of the Dayton hijinks.

"Can't Touch This" is really a comedy gem, isn't it. Jacob MC Hammer'ed his way over to sit in a stool briefly, which the audience of course hooted at. That bugged Teacher Clay, who didn't like stuff going on behind his back. With Clay's encouragement, we screamed and hollered at S'von to come out and join the dancers. He finally did, after Clay reminded him who signed the paychecks. S'von did a brief "Robot", and scurried back behind the piano as fast as he could. Angela killed on "Black Velvet", although as normal, I was mostly watching Clay. "Iris" and "La Vida Loca" are another set of songs that I consistently download, so I was especially looking forward to them. I think the sort of screaming he does on "Iris" is really pretty effective for that song. I wish Angela hadn't been blocking my view of Clay's hips for "La Vida Loca", but I got to see the windmill arms and scream at the vest toss. AWHooo HOOO! The crowd settled down nicely during the prelude to "I Can't Make You Love Me", so perhaps KAndre's Howler Monkey extermination program is having an effect. The song is really very moving, as was Quiana's solo on "I Will Always Love You".

Clay talked quite a bit before the MOAM stuff, and he definitely said the next CD would be out in 2006, so probably no 4Q05 surprise release is in the offing. The MOAM stuff is kind of a blur. Having Clay sing "1000 Days" on a stool 20 feet in front of me certainly improved my opinion of that song. I screamed my lungs out along with "Back For More", as did a lot of the audience that I could see. Sis did throw some weird looks at me for that one, but I couldn't help it. The audience was also really into "Invisible", and Clay has to feel the love that is being beamed up to him with that song. I grabbed a couple of the streamers on the way out, which Niece and Friend of Niece were glad to get.

According to the sponsoring radio station, the venue was sold out. It certainly looked full to me. The TZA has a capacity of 4,500, so yeah for us. I hope the good reception will lead Clay and Company to schedule future tour stops in Toledo. We tend to get skipped over by a lot of current acts for venues in Detroit, Cleveland, and Columbus.

Did I mention I had a great time? It's now 2:00 AM, and I don't feel like I'll ever be tired again. Sorry this recap is so long, but I wanted to get everything down before it slips away. I'll post this novel, and go back to catch up on the cellcert commentary. I can't wait to start seeing pictures and videos from Toledo, which may jolt more memories, so I reserve the right to edit like crazy. I think it's appropriate to end with one more EEEEEE!

Edited by bottlecap

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for Sandi or Lori from Toledo! I hope I can find you! I had an awesome time at the Clio and Toledo concerts! Of course Clay could sing us the phonebook and we'd be satisfied! Clay Rocks! Tammy