# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Marked the date for the gala on my calendar. After doing Wrapping for Inclusion since it started, about 10 years ago, this year is the first time I have received a personalized thank you note. It was very much appreciated. The person in charge of our group for the first 6 years always gave us a nice gift. So looking forward to the Gala and thanking Christy in person.

In regard to that article, since the Republicans took over the legislature and governorship of NC, they have been running it like a monarchy. From what I have read, they don't believe in liberal arts and think every degree should provide training for a specific job. So a Poverty center in NC would just make people upset. I read an article where one of the state senators said that the state was not running a deficit after all the tax law changes in 2014, despite the fact that revenues are below expenditures budgeted. He said it was because the revenues are greater than the previous year. :thinking:

That's cool! It also looks like a very fun event. I was out and about yesterday, and then fell into bed fairly early, so I didn't see any of the Oscars last night. I wondered, though, if he would live tweet them. Now I see why he didn't!

ETA: picture!!!!!

10983671_814622741936445_2052015032_n_zpsubygskeq.jpg

#ClayAiken was there too- Always loved that voice! #Broadway #oscars party

Link

Clay's going to be an UNCLE!!! From Faye:

Coming March 10th. My new grandson. Congratulations Brett and Rhonda .

Can't wait to meet him. Isn't it amazing what technology can do now. But what is more amazing is what God can do.

Amen.

Brett got married in December, and there's a picture out there of Brett, his new wife, her son, and (supposedly) Parker. I feel uncomfortable posting it on the board though...

Good morning all!

It snowed here again last night...only about 2 inches at my house. Our weather patterns for the year have been some snow -- brutal cold -- some snow -- brutal cold -- etc. I mean, the temp overnight this evening is supposed to be -9!!!! I can only imagine what our Canadian friends have been having....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

We had our first big snow in NC this year, 3 inches. A lot of people lost power so we are cancelling doing taxes today. Plus i have to go down a hill that is rarely plowed to get to the library. So day off. Yay! Of course we will have to add an extra day to make up for it. :fncomputer:

I hope every one has a great day today.

Someone at CV found a tweet that says the tweeter saw Clay. The same tweeter also mentioned seeing the show "Chicago" in NYC. And then...it's also reported that Kelly Clarkson saw Chicago last night as well.

The things that make you go "hmmmm...."

The OFC is gone, although someone said they got in this morning, no one else can. Sometime after Runner Up, the two sites will merge. It will be open to the public, but the message board is definitely gone for good.

I've had to rearrange my schedule at work recently, and I now have to be at work by 7 am. We had freezing rain overnight. When do they decide to delay school? A half hour ago! I was just getting ready to leave, and there were staff members who were already there! AAAAARGH! So i go in at 10....

Have a great day everyone!

From Facebook:

Guto Bittencourt

I am very excited to be producing "Roads to Olympia" an inspiring film which creates awareness to major issues such as Gay Rights, Women's Right and Poverty.

www.roadstoolympia.com

I would like to invite you all to meet and greet the team and discuss about the film on Sunday, March 8th, at GoldBar NYC - Hosted by Clay Aiken, Donald Dye, Guto Bittencourt & Ramazan Nanayev. Please, RSVP to roadstoolympia@gmail.com

Coming from different nations and sharing the same dreams; to compete in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Cultural oppression, intolerance and poverty are only a handful of obstacles that stand in the way of our young olympic hopefuls.

Manu, a Saudi student with a desire to play football, lives in an islamic country where women are deemed indecent for participating in sports. She risks freedom and puts her life on the line in pursuit of her passion.

In Russia, Roma embodies the ideal Olympic decathlete, coached by Nicolai, his father, and former Olympic hero. Roma fights to keep a double life hidden from his father and a nation seeped in homophobia.

Manny, a Brazilian wrestled living in the slums of Rio de Janeiro, the host city of the Olympic Games, struggles to get his mother out of poverty by making it to the games. Socioeconomic conditions of favelas threaten to tear him from his family and ultimately destroy his Olympic Dream.

Thre lives. Three dreams. The Roads to Olympia. — with Clay Aiken and Ramazan Nanayev.

Sounds like a very interesting movie!