# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

So, has everyone had a good week? Plans for the weekend? I'm hoping that we had our last cold day of winter today -- later next week it's supposed to be in the upper 50's!

From the "Roads to Olympia" Facebook page:

We are truly humbled for having Clay Aiken to be one of our hosts at our event this Sunday at Gold Bar. Please join us, as we reveal Test Scenes for 'Roads To Olympia' and meet the Team behind the project.

Learn more at http://www.seedandspark.com/studio/roads-olympia‪#‎clayaiken‬ ‪#‎roadstoolympia‬ ‪#‎equality‬

Sounds like he'll be attending....cool.

New trailer for "The Runner-Up!" And a premiere date!

http://mashable.com/2015/03/10/the-runner-up-trailer-clay-aiken/?utm_campaign=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_cid=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

April 7, on Esquire Network!

(Full text of article will be in the News section)

Semi-off topic: I'm watching Representative John Lewis on The Daily Show from last night. He's an amazing man. My college has picked his first "March" graphic book as our "One Book One College" choice for next year.

This is only semi-off topic because Clay met Representative Lewis last year...

Clay's Mom Faye posted this on her FB page today:

Welcome to our World

Shane Patrick Parker

Bn. 3/10/2015

8:46 AM

6lbs 14oz.

You have to take my word he is perfect. A perfect blessing from God. So adorable

Thanks for prayers and concern. We felt the love sent our way.

Congratulations to Brett and his wife!

I heard about Terry Pratchett here. So sad. He is so brilliant. I remember sitting at the bus stop -- I had to take two buses to get to post office where they held my mail -- reading The Light Fantastic because I was so excited to get it. I had waited for the sequel to come out for The Color of Magic (1st discworld book) and waited for each one after that. I have read them all. LOVE HIM. So much joy he brought to my life over the years with all the characters and books. Didn't realize how upset his passing would make me. I wish him peace. Let's hope we get more discworld books in Heaven....

Love Clay. Hope to see him on stage again and I mean this year!!! Not in years!!

Hey, do I have to be a dog walker here? I'm allergic! *sneezes*

Poor Clay. An apple emergency.

B_588bhWgAAHfDH_zps1gpxwdy4.jpg

There can't be any hints to what he's planning to do in this picture, can there? *g*

I have a day off tomorrow -- probably my last one for a while, as my boss is getting ready to have her second child, and I'm the next in command. Plus, there's lots of drama going on within my college at the moment, and I may have to deal with some of that. The good news? I finished my class for the semester with an A! It was a really good class.

I've never ready any Pratchett. I want to read the one he wrote with Neil Gaiman.

deemer! Good to see you here. Just post about 49 more times and you will no longer be a dog walker!

Please ignore the fact that I'm a campaign manager around here. I just post a lot. Hee.

ah, Good Omens with Neil Gaiman. I will never forget the four riders of the apocalypse getting to that tavern and Famine complaining he didn't get any pretzels. Gaiman is also a true gem.

do you think he uses the apple corer to just cut up the apple to eat? I don't really think he was baking. I just thought how nice it is he wants to talk to us. Maybe he has news but can't say yet, so he has that want-to-talk-urge but can't? One can always HOPE

Great you got an A. That's the way to do it. When you want to learn the information, the grade isn't the goal and that is really how you get A's.

I'm glad couchie checked in....

I know Clay's quiet, so that's why we are quiet. But I suppose that's better than sometimes eating our young!

deemer, I can't imagine Clay baking a pie. At all. On the other hand, I also can't imagine using an apple corer! When I eat an apple, I just simply take a bite! And even when I do make a pie (which is not often), I usually peel and core apples by hand. That's the way it was always done when I was growing up. We didn't need no newfangled gizmos!

I like your idea though about him wanting to keep in touch, so he's posting rather minutiae things, especially when a few years ago, Clay thought Twitter was the devil. I really believe that last year taught him that he could be on social media without nearly as much problems as he realized. Maybe it's because the fans who would have stalked him a few years ago either changed their ways, or maybe it's because those fans are no longer around? Anyway, I'm glad he's grown to appreciate social media like that.

In a way, this is exactly what my class was all about -- the way we can make connections. The naysayers will always say that young people should stop looking at their phones. But, really, what are they doing? They are continuing their friendships. Just read an article recently that said those friendships are just as real as the ones in person. I think those of us in the Clay fandom should know that -- except that we use message boards. So, I'm glad that Clay finally "gets" it.

I actually had to explain to my hairdresser the other day what a message board was. She's about 20 years younger than me, and she had no clue.

For the record, I like following people on Twitter. Don't tweet much myself though. However, I'm a Facebook addict. *g*

Wonder what Clay has up his sleeve after the documentary? Usually someone finds a hint about it. I am as usual overcommitted and am at the mercy of others to look for hints.

I hope your personal issues are resolved couchie. I hope all of you who read here are doing well. I need to get ready for another meeting at my home.

If you are a CV member, go read post # 953, listed at 5:08 PM eastern time. Page 64 of their current thread. Very interesting stuff. If you aren't a member at CV, contact me privately.

Thanks ldyjocelyn for the alert. I posted a link in the CV index thread to the post you mention above. I did retweet in last few days about he promo, so at least that is OK to retweet. I've been emailing friends who might not know about the documentary too, so that is alright too. I know CAp brought in more men -- just after that I saw more couples/more men at the concerts and had some men say positive things about Clay on CAp at Joseph in Ogunquit, so it isn't that far fetched that this different type of exposure can bring in more males who learn Clay is smart as well as talented.

apparently it was also posted via onmywayhere15 at CB too.

I follow Mashable on Facebook, so I really had no problem sharing that on my own Facebook wall. I don't do much on Twitter at all, so he has no worries from me.

Hey Clay -- we're over here too! Join our club! We want you to post here too!

If anyone here has commented on the promo video on either Esquire's FB page or through their website, camtheman has asked you to delete those comments.

http://tv.esquire.com/videos/71736-clay-aiken-is-the-runner-up-premieres-april-7-on-esquire-network

https://www.facebook.com/EsquireNetwork?fref=ts

There's more out there...keep scrubbing. If you have commented ANYWHERE about this docuseries, and you're not a guy 18-34 (*g*), stop -- and then find the comments to get rid of them.