# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

OK, here's how I think this is going:

@sidnugget on Twitter is @ClayAiken on Instagram. Clay's created an account (@duraleigh) to contact this person, in order to get his name back. Here are the pictures she took. You have to read them in order.

Picture_1_zpsg5qihmpm.png

Picture_2_zpsr1vmsizy.png

Picture_3_zpszuleitgq.png

Picture_4_zps4xai5igg.png

Picture_5_zpsgrzafgyd.png

ninna, I tried, but couldn't make any of them out. I like the wrapping paper, but laughed at the twine-like substance for ribbons! He did a great job though...

Watching the Adele special on NBC again. I'm floored by her talent.

A little late but I hope everyone had a great Christmas. My son and his two children were here on Christmas eve. My son in Denver called after he had openend his gifts and we had given my youngest son and family their gifts the week before. It is now quiet now. Have to work tomorrow so back to getting lauundry and misc stuff done.

Clay tweets

.@KChenoweth You do!? They've made you fly in the luggage area!? You're way to classy for that!! Happy New Year, Cheno!

Don't panic... Just a SLIGHT schedule change. January 4th web concert will be moved to 9PM EST instead of 8PM EST. Still January 4th.

How is everyone doing? The weather here is rain, rain, rain...with some sleet/ice thrown in for good measure. Fortunately, I have no where to go today!

Yesterday, my husband and I exchanged "stocking" gifts. I received both Adele's "25" (I LOVE her voice), and Ruben Studdard's album (which is really good as well). He also got me a book, entitled "The Song Machine: Inside the Music Factory." It's a really fascinating look at what makes a hit record in today's world. Yes, there is a whole section in it about Clive Davis, and his relationship with Kelly Clarkson, but it's more about the songwriters/producers about those songs that made her a hit. Several of the names mentioned, I seem to recall, also worked with Clay for MOAM. From what I "know" about Clay, I can see him bristling at what I'm reading. I think this book should be required reading for all Clay fans who thing that "the right song could get Clay played on the radio. That may be true, but I don't think Clay, Mr. "I do tend to like to be in control over some things," would put up with EVERYTHING that seems to be required to get that song.

Everyone have a great day!

Started preparing my new volunteers and the returning volunteers for tax season today . I hurriedly took the tests last night and now have to teach them tax law and changes in 2015, which I will do in January, so that they can pass the tests. This is my 11th year and I always look forward to helping our customers for whom we don't charge.

Had a nice Christmas but got tired of cooking.

Guess I'm the only person in the country who is not interested in seeing Star Wars. :popcorngirl:

I might go, if it is around long enough. I don't think I've seen any of the movies since the first one, but this one might be worth going to. So I guess I'd fall into the "kinda interested if I get around to it" category. I don't go to many movies at all though.

Lots of holiday socializing for me this week, company coming tomorrow. I did see a Clay buddy today and watched some clack--a lovely diversion.

OK - so while I'm posting, Ninna posted, and that makes me want to go. Who knows, will I go, or won't I?

Y'all with bad weather, take care of yourselves and stay warm and safe!

Fear, the original Star Wars was a formative movie to me. Before that, my Mother thought it better that I see things like Disney movies. This changed everything for me, and I became a massive Star Wars fangirl, Harrison Ford in particular. I've seen the original three movies more times that I could count. I also got my nieces and nephews in onto the franchise...so much so that they were amazed last week when I talked to them and they realized I hadn't seen the new one yet.

jmh -- go! I read a review last night (after seeing the movie of course) of someone who had never seen any of the previous movies, and they really liked it. There's lots of mythology to chew on, and the humor is great. Here's my review that I posted on FB...

AWESOME.

Without giving too much away those who still haven't seen it (and I thought I was the only one!), I would say it's a great "passing of the torch" movie. Lots of humor and several very emotional moments. The shocking moment was shocking, and yet for me...well, I had hunch that might be happening. Yes, much of it is a set up for the next movie, but I'm perfectly OK with that. (In many way, the best of the movies, Empire, was basically one long set up...)

Need to see it again. Tony and I are talking about either tomorrow or New Year's Day.

Our power came back on about midnight Tuesday evening. (There are still people in the metro area who don't have power though.) Late last night our internet finally came back. Anyway, here are pictures of the roads leading to our house from Monday.

2015-12-30_0824_zpszegh4btd.png

2015-12-30_0820_zpsu7jh9b5e.png

2015-12-30_0819%202_zpslxnnzul1.png

And of course, it snowed last night. On a day, too, when I need to go into town!

Wow, nasty storm!

I didn't like the 3 Star Wars prequels. Have also seen the first three more times than I can count. Went with no preconceptions, just went cuz it was Star Wars and 5 dollar Tuesday. The theme music grabs you at the beginning, and 5hen it's over and you Need to see it again!