# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Ok lets get to the important  stuff!   He looked gorgeous.   

It was the most contentious appearance I have ever seen.  There was a pastor on that said in essence that Bernie needs to come to Jesus.  What arrogance!  Clay's facial expressions were priceless.  He wanted to jump in so badly. He did get one point in but the pastor would not shut up about Jesus.   

Info  in the members section. 

My internet is out pretty much for the week, so have to take advantage  of free wifi when I can

Got to see Clay on CNN. He did look fantastic! You could just tell when he'd had enough of the minister and would jump in. Hope to catch one or two tomorrow.

I'm hearing that there's LOTS of appearances today.  He's already been on Fox and Friends (Fox News channel), and there's supposedly more today.  That's what happens when the NC primary is today. 

This really has been the perfect storm for Clay.  He has political experience now -- check.  He has media savvy, learned through AI -- check.  He's worked with Donald Trump -- check.  He knows how to both write and speak coherently -- check.  

He has to be loving this. 

ew.com

Clay Aiken calls out Trump supporters who claim to own his albums: 'You're not fooling anyone'

Clay Aiken calls out Trump supporters who claim to own his albums: 'You're not fooling anyone'

BY DANA ROSE FALCONE • @DANAROSEFALCONE

gettyimages-499219378.jpg?itok=qEqnmdLe

(Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for The Hollywood Christmas Parade)

Posted March 15 2016 — 4:05 PM EDT

American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken knows exactly which demographics make up his fan base, and he has no shame in calling out pretend Claymates. Following numerous TV appearances to discuss his left-leaning politics, Aiken tweeted Tuesday at Donald Trump supporters who’ve claimed to denounce the “Invisible” singer due to his Democratic loyalties.

“Laughing at #Trump folks who r ‘throwing out’ my albums bc I dont support him,” Aiken wrote. “If ur a str8 dude over 30, ur not fooling any1. U never had 1.”

But there is one Trump supporter who likely considers herself a fan of the 2003 Idol runner-up: Aiken’s mom.

“My mother votes Republican typically,  [but] she’s not necessarily thrilled with Donald Trump as a candidate because he fired me onApprentice,” Aiken told CNN Monday. “She watched the debates, the most recent debate, and decided, and a number of people in North Carolina who I’ve spoken to have decided to vote for Trump because the establishment is attacking him, and they’re tired of typical politicians.”

In a Huffington Post article, Aiken wrote he’s “ready for Hilary Clinton” but wishes she’d “learn from the Bern” when it comes to embracing progressive ideals. “That’s one of the many reasons I’ll cast my vote in the North Carolina primary for Bernie Sanders,” he states.

Aiken had a short-lived political career of his own since appearing onAmerican Idol, with a 2014 run for Congress in his home state of North Carolina. Though he came in second to Republican representative Renee Ellmers, Aiken continues to advocate for equality and voice his political opinions, joining CNN for Super Tuesday coverage earlier in the month.

Clays response to a tweet.  

My #Raleigh ladies! I❤️U & I support ur 1st amend right for your freedom of speech to be grammatically incorrect! 

When I see @clayaiken going along with people that chooses 2 take away @realDonaldTrump first amendment right, One word: Disgusted!

Clay tweet:

Man it's difficult to watch @marcorubio make this speech. I'm hurting for him actually. He's smiling thru it.

I'm not watching anything except the weather -- we've got our first severe weather for the season, and reports of tornadoes about 40 miles away.  Makes me nervous!  And my husband's not home right now, he's rehearsing with his band.

What kind of douche do u have 2 b 2 shout @marcorubio at his concession speech? He congratulates #Trump & a Trump jackass still heckles him?

monkwatch tweeted:

@clayaiken @marcorubio exactly #ChooseCruz

Clay's reply:

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far! ? But you go for it yourself. ?

"I endeavored over the last 11 months" - We see where this is headed. #anotheronebitesthedust

He tweets.  

Okay. There goes any argument @realDonaldTrump wants to make about his supporters not protesting. Second time tonight. #tacky.

Spending the evening with my friends @ajam beginning at 9:30pm. Tune in.

Two more that are Instagram only:

Maybe they will let me take this lighting with me! I need it all the time! ? #nyc #aljazeera #goodlighting #damn#nomorewrinkles

2016-03-15_2114_001_zpsfjwiiyfk.png

The beautiful set of Al Jazeera America. Glad I got to see it before it goes.

Ah he's awake after his late night.  

.@POTUS forcing the GOP's hand w/ this nomination. So moderate and qualified. No explanation at all other than politics to not confirm him.

Another tweet!

TBH, I would have wished 4 a more liberal nom. But thats exactly why @POTUS #SCOTUS nom of #bipartisan Garland shld b confirmed by @GOP ASAP

I've also got a picture found, will post in a minute.

ETA:  merrieeee got me!

And now an Instagram (and Tweet):

TBH, I would have wished for a more #liberal #scotus appointee, but#obama it #fair and #bipartisan. That's exactly why the #Senate and the #GOPshould confirm his #moderate Merrick Garland ASAP. #noexcuses #McConnell#doyourjob