# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

What's so funny -- my husband used to tease me all the time, way back when, about Clay being soooooooo dweemy!

And you know what...."Clay Aiken is my new favorite politician. He is so dreamy!" could be a REALLY good thread title.  Off to that thread.

• Like 1

With this, I'm off for a dinner break.  From CV:

artquest, on 25 Jun 2016 - 5:01 PM, said:snapback.png

takingupspace, on 25 Jun 2016 - 4:08 PM, said:snapback.png

The panel is so first rate that Clay can't really stand out.

Absolutely! In fact, everything I've attended so far has been amazing. We have video of all of Clay's panel. Hope to get it up to at last YouTube tonight.

From artquest:

So everything has been awesome at Politicon. Well, except for the hour wait to get checked in. We have video and pictures from Clay's second panel coming up later. I was watching Clay and thought he looked bored. WRONG! He was pissed, and finally exploded. We'll try to get that part up first. I'm going to try it on my iPad. Fingers crossed. 

Tidbits from yesterday, via CV, used with permission.  The first is a reply from artquest.

I gather this is about pissed off Clay..lol
Good for Clay.

Oh, yah. That's it. Hal Sparks was saying that it was ironic that Trump presented himself as hyper-macho but was using the mannerisms of a Bronx housewife. Clay got pissed off and said, "Who the fuck cares?" He said, "I do that sometimes, but who cares."

takingupspace, on 25 Jun 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

Clay said "who fucking cares" several times during the exchange with Sparks. He did not like Sparks' mention of effeminate hand gestures. Clay also mentioned his first boyfriend's intolerance of anything having to do with Christianity.

takingupspace, on 25 Jun 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

aikim, on 25 Jun 2016 - 9:04 PM, said:

Clay was actually defending Trump?

On gay issues, yes. He thought Trump would be better on them than Cruz. However, he repeated what is often said: we really don't know what Trump will do on a lot of things.

Via SueReu 

post-5965-0-79670800-1466920126_zpszyizz
post-5965-0-44137900-1466919167_zpsspu39
post-5965-0-07587300-1466919169_zpssdliw
post-5965-0-53404000-1466919992_zpsbbxb2
13532909_10208612146853668_4510581032780

SueReu, on 26 Jun 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

I had an absolutely wonderful time.  It was absolutely fascinating.  I actually really really enjoyed Ann Coulter vs. Van Jones - a lot.   

Clay was wonderful on his panels  He was particularly animated on the LGBTQ discussion, which was incredibly interesting

Drian Juarez was particularly interesting and Hal Sparks got in some interesting thoughts (when he wasn't pissing off Clay ;-) )

DSC_0145_zpsspqikayf.jpg

I wish that Kasey Suffredini would have been able to get some additional commentary in - but it was a very vocal panel with lots of passionate people.  Sally Kohn was a great moderator (even if she IS a "poor man's Rachel Maddow ;-) )

DSC_0103_zps2tvkdhhq.jpg

It was a topical panel with Orlando and North Carolina.  I really appreciated hearing what the two transgender panelists had to say.  Just all well done!

Clay was his typical animated self (which kind of made it tough to get photos - good thing Permaswooned was there!)

DSC_0138_zps6j5x4dbj.jpg

and he had pink tabs on his shirt #shallow

DSC_0173_zpsikvpxemb.jpg

beedawn, on 26 Jun 2016 - 01:26 AM, said:

jade rose, on 26 Jun 2016 - 12:34 AM, said:

takingupspace, on 25 Jun 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

Clay said "who fucking cares" several times during the exchange with Sparks. 

I hope Clay's choice of language doesn't endanger future appearances at Politicon.    

Then hardly anyone would be back next year  biggrin2.gif

Totally enjoying #Politicon this year (except for the long wait to get in).

There are SO many more people attending this year. Last year it took me minutes to get through security and get my wristband.