# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

No more word on any other concerts.  At this point, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  Don't get me wrong -- I'd love for there to be a tour, and if there is to be one, Christmas Clay would probably be the way to go. He's said as much -- I think he loves singing Christmas music.  

Having said that though...IMO he seems perfectly happy talking about politics.  I rewatched his appearance on The View over the weekend, and again was struck by how good he is at that sort of thing.  He's also said (a long time ago) that he wanted a talk show.  

I'm torn, really.  I love watching him on a concert stage, but I'm also loving the respect he seems to have gotten in the past few years.  I think people who wouldn't have listened to one note of his music have listened to him and his ideas.  He's also gotten much more media attention because of it.  (I also have to admit that I like being able to see him regularly on my TV for free....)

Enough about Clay...*g*.  It's raining here at the moment.  This is a good thing, as we're hurting for moisture in my neck of the woods.  BUT...the weather is also making my joints ache, my hip in particular.  This meant that I didn't sleep well last night.  Going to be a very LONG day!

Strong thunderstorms here overnite. More today, high Temps and high humidity. Ick!

I enjoy listening to Clay, and seeing him on my tv. My hope is that this is an attempt to see if he can do both. Not real hopeful about a tour since this concert has been listed since April, but there's been nothing else. But maybe we'll get a Christmas miracle, one where he's here in the Midwest.

ninna, where are you located?  I'm hoping for a show in my town (center of Illinois).  And we had strong storms last night too, although no major damage.  It sounds as if we're going to be getting more in the next few days.

I too agree about the idea that him working in both music and politics.  I read an interview with someone (wish I could remember who it was) who basically went "on tour" on the weekends only, so they could work on other projects (and spend time with family) during the work week.  It's something that I could see Clay doing, especially during December.

Maybe its time that congress does an investigation Into why races, religions and nationalities dont seem to get along. Any kind of violence gets me sick. Wake up America.I feel bad for the families of the policemen shot and the families of the  men shot all in a few days. Forgot to add who you love and how you feel. This is particularly important in my state, NC.

• Like 2