# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Hey gang...if any of you are the praying type, please do so for my husband. He lost his job yesterday, after 22 years.  He’s doing OK at the moment, but I know he needs some encouragement. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Hey gang...if any of you are the praying type, please do so for my husband. He lost his job yesterday, after 22 years.  He’s doing OK at the moment, but I know he needs some encouragement. Thanks!

I am so sorry to hear it.  Will certainly keep him (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

I know you will be there for encouragement, but it's got to be hard for you both. 

Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

Back in 2009 my DH was in the same position.  He had worked for the company for 38 years at the time.  His job moved to Mexico.  He was 58 at the time.  I ended up picking up enough hours to get us by.  Within months that same company filed for bankruptcy and turned the pension over to the government which took 60% out of the pension and then took away our health care.  My DH decided to go back to school and get a second master degree.(because of the way his job went it was paid for by the government). He finished that and then in 2012 the parent company of the one he was let go of was looking through a contract house some engineers who had worked with a certain system.  It was a perfect fit because they are not teaching this in any colleges. It was exactly what my DH had been doing.  He started then and worked full time till this year.  Now he is doing 25 hours a week basically from home.  The program he is on will continue to 2022.  He may continue just for something to do till then if he can do most from home.  They have worked well with us taking whatever time we want off.  So sometimes things do work out.  I hope your DH finds what will fulfill him.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the good thoughts for my husband and I.  We're doing as well as could be expected, considering I now am the only one "going" to work at the moment.  I'm hoping we don't have to move -- we're very close to paying off our house.  But, we'll do what we need to do....

Will have to watch Clay and Bold Blend later today.  Looks like a really good show today!

Hey everyone 
I started a new job this week at a thrift store after being laid off at Walgreens this summer for having to cut hours. I think I'm going to love it.
I'm getting use to s bit of a new schedule. 

Boldtv this this morning was excellent!

Love Clays latest tweet!Loved the hashtag.

So I've been taking my time re reading LTS  anther fan gave me the idea. I did re read it at the beginning of 2014. It's almost been 15th years since this whole journey started so much as happened. Reading LTS you can just tell how much Clay has grown and as become comfortable with himself. Reading LTS does make me want anther book by Clay. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Twilight, glad you're doing good with your new job!  I also read on Facebook about an upcoming wedding for your family?

Yep my brother and his girlfriend Morgan got engaged yesterday! There's a photographer from Raleigh that they really both like Morgans Birthday is Christmas Eve so for an early birthday present RJ booked a Mimi session he proposed during the session.  She wants a winter wedding so there thinking January or February of 2019. Morgan was really surprised. The family happy for them! 

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

• Like 1