# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

That's a new guy - kind of like the character he played in that crime drama. 

Lordy, I do remember trying to figure out what the OMG note had been when we first heard it, before we heard it again.

Oh, the energy of that night - the air just crackled. 

I have a Twitter question. First of all, I cannot get onto my account at all on the new iPad a got several weeks ago. 

Secondly, when I use the old iPad and do get on, the format is different and I cannot access anything. It just freezes up. I can see that I have 6 replies or retweets, but cannot get them. I did a search for BOLD since I wanted to see if Clay would be there tomorrow. Got their page, but it would not scroll down and then it froze. I am really frustrated and feel out of the loop since I always enjoyed looking at Clay's page and liked to retweet his tweets--Can't do that now either.  Just wondering if anyone else has problems and if their format has also changed. 

RIFAN, sorry you're having such difficulties.  Regarding the OLD iPad...did you try closing all other programs (via the swipe method)?  Have you turned it off?  Did you do a hard restart?  

Regarding the new iPad:  are you absolutely positive that you're using the correct login and password?  What kind of an error are you getting regarding that?

One other thing to try is to go to a different wifi area; maybe there's a problem logging in via the wifi (such as some blockage).  

I just got onto Twitter with my iPad, and everything seems to be working fine.  I'd need to know more details in order to try and help!

For the record, I'd don't use the "real" Twitter app all that much, but something called Twitterriffic instead.  I like it a great deal.

I am definitely using the right log in and password.  And it’s the WiFi from our house. Not really getting an error—just that nothing happens when put my info in and then hit “log in”.  Funny thing is that I just tried it on my iPhone with no problem.  I don’t have a twitter app—I always search and log in that way. I guess as long as i can get it on my phone I’m ok since I hardly ever use it.  I was shocked to see how many followers Clay had lost. I read that they had done a “purge”. 

Do you know if he’s going to be on BOLD tomorrow?  I’ve missed him so much that i went to his facebook page and played part of an April episode!!!  That was when he had the VERY BLOND hair!!!  Love 💕 his hair in the above pics of the show he’s going to be on!  💕 

Ooooo, Clay's PO'd at The Onion (a brilliant, IMO, satire website...).  They Onion posted this:

If you hadn't heard today's news, her Dad, Sen. John McCain is stopping his treatment for brain cancer.  Anyway, Clay's reply:

RIP Senator McCain.  While I didn't agree with most of your politics, I admired the way you carried yourself and the way you worked in the Senate.  You will be missed.

Prayers are with Meghan, Cindy, and the rest of the family.

I remember watching John McCain get off the plane when the prisoners finally were released. I also didn't agree with most of his political beliefs, but had nothing but respect for him. May his family find solice in knowing he is finally pain free.

RIP Neil Simon.  Funny, I just replaced a collection of his plays last week at my library.  

Making fresh spaghetti sauce today.  A friend gave me a ton of tomatoes, supplemented by some from my garden. YUM!

OT: has any one here ever had endodontic surgery, specifically an apicoectomy? I have a pretty good set of teeth except for one, which had a root canal almost 2 years ago. However, there was more to it than that, and I’ve had pain on and off since then.  The surgery is Tuesday.  If anyone has insight, please let me know!

I'm home!  I've been home for several hours actually.  For the first few hours, I felt nothing but numb...but now, I'm popping ibuprofen!  I also now have a black eye -- my husband says he doesn't want to get blamed for it!  I probably could go back to work tomorrow, but I'm not.  I'll keep icing tomorrow, as I MUST be at work on Thursday.  Our college is celebrating Mary Shelley's 221st birthday!

I’ve always wondered why other people care about anyone’s lifestyle, orientation, colour or anything that does not affect them personally!  I think it’s just hateful.  Ok off the grandstand.  

• Like 1