Gas Prices

Clayniac

Great Balls of fire! It's $3.09 here where I live! Is there anyone who can top that?

I need a gas-efficient car! Going up to college and back everyday, it's not the smartest thing in the world to be driving a cadillac! ;)

If I knew my maths......in New Zealand its $1.57 a litre, unfortunately I have no idea how to convert that into gallons! <_<

I swear I will never complain about gas prices again! Gas is ~$3.30/gallon here & I've don't plenty of complaining. I decided to see how much gas is in New Zealand so I did the conversion.

READY....

$5.94245/gallon

I think I'm still in shock!

Here comes the left leaning loudmouth liberal from San Diego -- it's $3.forking 49 a gallon here.

WTH aren't we exploring alternative energy cars vs. building ever ever ever bigger forking SUVs?

My friend sells solar power panels for individual housing - he has them installed on his home and yes, we do live in SoCalif where the sun shines an awful lot, but they have not paid an electric bill in 5 years, and as a matter of fact, they put so much back into the grid they actually power the five homes and 1 business around them. Why not have solar panels on every new public building?

OH? we were just talking about gas prices :huh: sorry :P

I'm going to say this fast and then run......it's $2.68 where I live in Texas....bye!

Not for long after Rita sits in, I'm afraid! :unsure:

....holy moly....think I should move to the states!

I think i'm moving to the forbidden woods and becoming Omish! :lol:

Edited by Clayniac

Great Balls of fire! It's $3.09 here where I live! Is there anyone who can top that?

I need a gas-efficient car! Going up to college and back everyday, it's not the smartest thing in the world to be driving a cadillac! ;)

I have a hybrid Prius and get about 55 miles per gallon. I love driving it. It is totally environmrntally friendly. Go Green!

Faeparker

the gas prices have lowered now. It's becoming better. The gas here in New York is like 2.35 and something change. The gas prices will get better!!

I actually paid $1.99 for gas this weekend. My Mom lives on the border of Illinois and Missouri, and gas prices are ALWAYS lower in MO. I was very pleased. Of course, with my hybrid car, and the fact that I get below a half a tank and I'm looking to fill up :D , it only cost me $16.00.

Saw this thread and had to post....I filled my gas tank in a little town near me - Jackson, CA. Got 3 cents/gallon off because I used my Safeway card, and still had to pay $3.69/gallon for regular!!!!

Yeah, I read that gas is cheapest in NJ, still I turned off the furnace days ago because of the cost of oil. It has been cold,but I turn my electric heater on in one room and stay there. I move it to the bathroom when I shower though.

I still stand by the web site in the first post, it does save me about 20 cents a gallon.

Yesterday I paid $3.50 a gallon at WalMart for premium gas....at the regular stations premium is about $3.60 or $3.65. This is defnitely affecting my frantic job hunting - I get offered interviews at places it would cost a fortune to drive back and forth to. (I live near Tampa).

With the increased prices, the oil companies will still rake in money even if people stop driving so much. It is the merchants who depend on people driving by or driving to on purpose that will suffer, in addition to goods just costing more because of gas.

That doing without federal tax thing is a joke.

I think we officially reached the WTF price range here in Cinci yesterday. I was out at lunch and saw one station up to $3.97 and another at $3.95 for regular. It had been ranging from $3.69 to $3.79. Just about back to work, I passed one station with cars lined up out on the street to get in - they were still at $3.67.