#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Local radio interview of Clay

You can download it or listen

I just got it.

I've just starting listening to this and so far it's great. Be sure to download this.

I had to pause it for a moment, because Clay was once again the lead story on ET - even before Britney and Tom 'n Katie.

ETA: Nice cover for a yawn about 12:30 in the interview. :P

Edited by bottlecap

Local radio interview of Clay

You can download it or listen

I just got it.

I've just starting listening to this and so far it's great. Be sure to download this.

I had to pause it for a moment, because Clay was once again the lead story on ET - even before Britney and Tom 'n Katie.

Hey I was listening to this and really, really good interview...long too. I am not done listening yet.

I have decidedthe insider should now be called "Everyday with Clay Aiken" - sheesh it seems like it. I would not mind so much if I didn't hate the show so very, very much - with every one else they are rude and invasive. And the show runs in fits and starts - there is so little content and the same thing over and over. I need to tape it by hand, because I could not stand havingthe whole show on tape. Britney and Justin and leave me alone, arch. As soon as I finish taping, i will go back to listening to the interview.

QUOTE(playbiller @ Dec 1 2006, 06:13 PM)

So no one else sees the problem with naming a cat Waldo - if family members know, what would they think if you told them how many times a day you pet Waldo? What would happen if there were meers visiting you and you had them fighting over sleeping with Waldo? It could be a problem!

Gosh...this made me laugh...it could be a problem...hee, meer friends having to wrestle for waldo... :lol:

Hee! I had to bring this over from the old thread to comment. Non-Clay friends and family think I named him after "Where's Waldo", the cartoon or whatever it is. When I first got him I could never find him. I was used to noisy dogs, not silent cats who can seemingly fit in or under anything.

As for sleeping with Clay.... Last year - in fact a year ago yesterday, a friend came down from NY state to go to the Reading show and she stayed at my house. I have a pull-out sofa in my living room where my guests sleep. In the morning I asked if she slept all right. She smiled and said she slept fine, and Waldo was in bed with her almost all night. Needless to say we both got a kick out of that!

QUOTE(muskifest @ Dec 1 2006, 06:39 PM)

Hey, that's nothing. Just after CG got Waldo, she'd send me these pms full of things like:

Waldo likes crawling between my legs.

Waldo loves to get in bed with me.

I have to pet Waldo if I want him to behave.

etc. B)

Hee! That was half the fun of naming him that! And by the way, when I first thought of the name I called muski and asked if I had the nerve to do it. Needless to say, she encouraged me! :lol:

Now I have to go feed Waldo, and myself, so I will be all ready for the cellcert. I think I am getting excited. I could really use a little Clay fun right now.

Oh, I also have clack to download! My Clay runneth over tonight! :D

ETA: And I just tested my CV cellstream and it works! I'm psyched!

Edited by Claygasm

I can't believe Clay gets top billing over even Brad Pitt and George Clooney on the entertainment shows.

Hey, wait a minute - could there be a part in Ocean's Fourteen for the popular and handsome Mr. Aiken? Be still my little delusional heart. :P And , hey, JennaZ can have her boy Matt Damon in there, too. No, I haven't been drinking yet - just too many nights of ET and The Insider in a row making me loopy. :wacko:

Sniff...the CH stream is down now...but I hear they are jsut waiting for Eva to come home from dinner to see whats up...sigh...this just adds to the excitement right????

OMG...I am laughing so much at the hyped up version of the tour we saw from the Insider. The words they used to describe it was just so hollywood...his mansion...his estate...Hee...no wonder he left LA. What a huge contrast. When i saw the original tour I thought it was so down to earth and now when you wathc The Insider...the hype was just a bit much.

ha ha - I have 2 cellstreams to chose from - I don't know why I got both, but I did.

On the other hand - when I contributed to the CV vault I declined a key, saying there is a greater need for clack, so I shouldn't hog it.

But they I found they might have some stuff I don't have and I have been asking people to look for me, to no avail. I guess I have to ask others.

Edited by playbiller

I'm listening to this radio interview. Every song they recorded made it to the album?

What about IYDKMBN? And those others on that 16-track list - The Glory of Love for example? What about LAA??

I love how he keeps stifling a yawn! :lol:

Edited by Claygasm

Watched part of the Insider. So cool more media exposure for Clay.

Hey I am tryng to get into the cellstream tonight and it is not wrking for me. First time I have tried to get in since subscribing. Help.

Marge

which cellstream is this. If this is CH...then the stream is down for all of us. I think they are working on fixing it...if its the CV cellstream, I don;t know about that...hope the other CVers here can give you tips.

Casa Clay has 9 acres? I think Lara Spencer is smoking something.... That sounds like a pretty large patch of property.

According to a web search I quickly did here, he'd have about 7 football fields of space then. Considering that he'd need a LOT of space to keep the enthus...crazy fans out, I'd venture a guess that this is about right.

Man, these Insider/ET things are cracking me up. As bottlecap said, it is amazing that he's the lead story anymore on these shows. But I'm beginning to think that Ripa gave our guy a great big gift...it's given him more visibility again, and now the focus is more on him rather than her, and he's talking about cool things like his house.

Love the new radio interview too. He's such a smart guy.

Listening to CV at the moment....and I may just shut down before the show starts. I don't think I can bear it.

The snow plow finally went by our house, and we've now discovered that it is STUCK only a block away. Great.

The snow plow finally went by our house, and we've now discovered that it is STUCK only a block away. Great.

That pretty much shows that you made the right decision in staying home now doesn't it? ;) Hope you can make your trip safely tomorrow.

I'm listening to this radio interview. Every song they recorded made it to the album?

What about IYDKMBN? And those others on that 16-track list - The Glory of Love for example? What about LAA??

I love how he keeps stifling a yawn! :lol:

My theory is... IYDKMBN was recorded before ATDW. Remember he said they have a lot of stuff recorded already and I do believe they were going to put more covers in MOAM. I think the reason why RCA thought they can release this CD in May or June was because they were going to use previously recorded covers. I think that is where the other songs in that list came from. BUT...I think Clay didn't want to do that. I think he wanted to do new recordings precisely because he wanted to make the songs different enough from the originals that you won't be able to tell what they are from the intro. I always thought that IYDKMBN didn't quite fit with the others because it's production was very similar to the original that is why they only gave that out as a Kmart bonus. I also think they were just talking about the covers and Clay already explained why LAA didn't make it...taht song is not a love song but about not having felt love.

Some reports are trickling in from the venue...we are starting to congregate at the concert thread...

First christmas show Waukegan

please join us as we caht about the concert and get reports from all over claynations

CH cellstream is now up...its still Clay radio. they may stream the symphony...we will see

so who can cover reports from CB??? I think we have CV covered with Bottlecap...and I can cover CH...

Blog of the news photographer that filmed the house tour

some interesting details...the tree was in Clay's assisant...Jennifers office...hmmm a new name.

the theater was in the basement.

there is a room reserved for Brett and the trophy case was in the lounge area next to that room.

I do believe we only got to see a half of this house.

That WALK interview was incredible. Looks like you were right Ansa..Clay will be promoting the Xmas tour and ATDW during December. And for those that hate ATDW, there is a silver lining..NO BABY COME BACK. What in hell were they thinking? BWAH!! It was nice to listen to such a respectful interview.

Well, in about an hour, I'm off to see Clay (aka the Wizard). My husband went out to the street this morning, and declared it safe to drive. It still doesn't look like they plowed, but he says I won't bottom out either.

Love the news photographer's blog. That was some nice intimate detail and I'm happy for him that he's got a comfortable house!

Watched the banter clack from last night...and OMG was he funny. He's such a quick wit. From seeing pictures, I had to admit that the hair took me back a bit. Watching it in motion, though...guh. The way he kept fiddling with it made me swoon.

See y'all later today when I get in!