#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

A few impressions from Saturday's Spamalot.

I'm too lazy to do a real recap

This was my 4th time seeing the show, and each time there is something new. JaMar and I planned to meet in NY for a visit while she was in town for the show, but we didn't have tickets for the night I was there, as it all came together at the the last minute. We went to the box office at 6:30 PM to see if we could get something, and there was almost nothing available. Our choices were a partially obstructed view in the Right Orchestra (fairly close), SRO (we had walked way too much already that day to consider standing) and a balcony seat that would have cut off the top of the tower. Since we knew the staging, we knew we wouldn't miss any Clay parts in the first option. We couldn't see the right back corner of the stage, but that was OK. We surely didn't want the seats with the tower cut off. It just wouldn't be right to miss seeing Clay twirl the strap on his helmet while he pondered the coconut/swallow question.

Highlights for me:

The soiling of the pants :cryingwlaughter:

Either Clay is getting bored or he's really getting into the art of it, but he adds something new to his soiling himself actions every time I see this show. Now its the leg shake. Ewwww, but oh so effective.

The scared screech of the Not So Brave Sir Robin

I don't remember noticing it before, but on Saturday, the screech Clay made while the knights were running from the French was piercing and made me laugh out loud. It is still sounding in my head. Perfect!

The attention-challenged guard

As others have reported, Clay has taken to studying his sword/spear/whatever while Herbert's father is giving instructions. He becomes totally distracted by it, admires it, plays with the pretty ribbons that are hanging from it as part of the wedding festivities. It was hysterical. A scene stealer, for sure. I hadn't seen that bit before - what a great addition! I can see the Guard 1 character and the Brother Maynard character on SNL.

The man and his horse

This was the first time I saw Clay really attend to his horse. His dismounts were exaggerated, he tied up his horse, and petted him affectionately. Adorable. I like to watch Clay 'do horse.' His entrance in the Brave Sir Robin scene is a favorite as well. So earnest.

The coconut clopping

Since the 2nd time I saw the show (late February), my favorite scene has been the coconut clopping scene with all of the knights - no dialogue, no plot-related action, just coconut clopping and moving to the music of other musicals (I think). Very sexy.

The one thing I haven't seen yet, and hope to catch before this is all over, is Clay singing 'Amen' as Brother Maynard.

2 more shows to go. It could happen.

Girl's Knight Out with the Camelot Gang (Peasant recap -- please don't copy to other sites)

At the start of the show they always announce something about recording devices and cellphones and being dragged up to the stage and impaled by a bunch of well-armed knights. Everyone around me always seemed to be terrified at the prospect. Me? I chose to reserve judgement, since it *could* actually turn out not to be so bad depending on the type of impaling those well-armed knights had in mind. *shrugs*

So, when Patsy came to take me up the stage Sunday night I didn't exactly have to be dragged. All the knights seemed to be very friendly and welcoming. The King got to go first because, I suppose, he *was* the king. He asked for my name and I said it out loud this time, because I didn't want the entire front row to have to yell it out like in Long Island. Since the King was nice, I also gave him my last name. He didn't ask for my phone number/s. I think that was because Clay already had 3 of my cell phones registered at the mozes site. The other knights played coy with me, wooing me with shiny sparkly stuff. They were fun. At one point I was completely surrounded by knights -- above me, below me, to my left, to my right. They kept repeating my name ecstatically. It seemed to go on forever.

Before the night was over, I had Clay on bended knee raising his arms beseechingly at me and singing of some Holy Grail thingy or other. I was confused about this since he hadn't yet changed into his white tuxedo pants. *scratches head* Maybe he wanted me to help him with his clothes because Shannon was out that night? Anyways, I told him that I wasn't comfortable getting it on while a still photographer was standing in the room. I proposed that we do video instead since it was less distracting. So he went over to the photographer, talked to him and them walked back to my while holding and shaking his thing. He extended it to me and I gathered that he wanted me to touch it, take it and shake it too. Weird request, but I obliged!

All in all, it was such a wonderful experience to be the darling of every knight at the round table, even for just 1 evening. Definitely a keeper and a scene I will replay over and over again.

Special thanks to Gibby, luckiest1, annabear, ldyjocelyn, couchie, ansa, muski, cct, laughn, CG, playbiller, KarenEh, 00lsee, liney23, clayzedover and everyone else who sent virtual hugs and best wishes! (hope I didn't forget anyone)

I hope Scarlett doesn't mind....but this was just toooooo good to leave behind!!!!

Nice to know that good wenches are rewarded for all their good work... :lilredani:

The man and his horse

This was the first time I saw Clay really attend to his horse. His dismounts were exaggerated, he tied up his horse, and petted him affectionately. Adorable. I like to watch Clay 'do horse.' His entrance in the Brave Sir Robin scene is a favorite as well. So earnest.

Petting his horse was adorable. Is it crazy that I was excited that I got one out of three shows?

I love recaps! :F_05BL17blowkiss: thanks duckyvee I will cross my fingers for your sung Amen too.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Oh Bottle how bad do you really need one of those...I mean for a measly $200 I could get you one. ::wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, if you know what I mean and I think you do:: :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Seriously if you want one I could try and get one just for you at the discount rate of $40. Such a deal!!! Oy Vey!!!

merrieeee, if you would get me a cast signed something or other, I will not only paypal you vast sums of money, I pledge to permanently delete any and all Snowflake pictures from my photobucket account.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Oh Bottle how bad do you really need one of those...I mean for a measly $200 I could get you one. ::wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, if you know what I mean and I think you do:: :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Seriously if you want one I could try and get one just for you at the discount rate of $40. Such a deal!!! Oy Vey!!!

merrieeee, if you would get me a cast signed something or other, I will not only paypal you vast sums of money, I pledge to permanently delete any and all Snowflake pictures from my photobucket account.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Heh. And we don't mean FearofH2O either.

WHy not (in whiney voice). How about keepingfaith?

Loved your recaps laughn, duckyvee and Scarlett.

Luckiest1, believe it or not I can wait to hear it. I won't even listen to snippets.

O/T Scroll, scroll.

Last night I waited on the phone for 45 minutes to ask a question of our beloved congresswoman (ugh). She wants to do away with payroll withholding in order to eventually overthrow the 16th amendment ( gives the federal gov't the right to collect taxes without approval of the states.). I asked her how the government was going to operate when no one pays their taxes on 4/15 because they have no money. She expects a revolution in order to make changes in the tax system. I told her my experience with people being really upset when they had to pay taxes and their inability to pay estimated taxes in many cases. She was disappointed that people couldn't put their money in a savings account to pay on 4/15. Duh, I guess she doesn't know about the power of Clay. He is real good at getting fans to empty their savings accounts. :cryingwlaughter: Sorry I just don't get her but it appears that many others do.

She was disappointed that people couldn't put their money in a savings account to pay on 4/15. Duh, I guess she doesn't know about the power of Clay. He is real good at getting fans to empty their savings accounts. :cryingwlaughter: Sorry I just don't get her but it appears that many others do.

Yeah cuz that 401K thing is working really well right now. I know I'm all ready for retirement, except NOT. But great for you for waiting on the phone. I've become so disenchanted with anything political...that even when I got fired up at Nancy Pelosi a couple of weeks ago and fired off a poison pen email, I couldn't work up the energy to do it again when I got this returned error message about if I'm one of her constituents I couldn't email it to that address but had to go to her state websites yadda yadda yadda. Why does it matter if I'm emailing her as a California resident or because she's Speaker of the House? I mean really! And I used to be so idealistic. sigh.

Ducky, thanks for your recap! I hope he plays with his sword while I'm there. heh.

Just a word about the economic stimulus money... we're supposed to stimulate the economy by spending it. :cryingwlaughter: I'm sure going to do my part! Hey, Clay... want some money??? :cryingwlaughter:

This picture idea is sooo brilliant. I wanna know how many pics they took last night and if they decided to change their game plan cause of the response.

If the signed Playbill is only $40, I want one... anyone willing to get one for me? If it's $100, nope. Not that willing.

From the last thread....

Hey! Aren't we supposed to be finishing up some recommendations? Get to work, people!

:clap: Thanks for the reminder! Please, we have less than 3 weeks before OMWH mania hits, and I'd love to be able to finish the CITH recommendations off before then. The thread to post them is here. I will make or gather the mp3s and post them here after the recommendations are posted. TIA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA to bring the list forward, as a friendly reminder. ;) If you no longer are interested in helping, please let me or KAndre or couchie know. Thx.

O Come O Come Emmanuel - atinal

Jesus Medley - luckiest1

Mary Did You Know - Ansa

Merry Christmas With Love - cha cha

Jazzy Medley - Gibby

Christmas Waltz - liney23

Who Would Imagine a King (Angela) - ialreadyam

Welcome To Our World - jmh123

O Holy Night - keepingfaith

Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Oh Come All Ye Faithful - ldyjocelyn

Sentimental Medley - duckyvee

Where Are You Christmas (Quiana) - PuddinsJoy

My Grown Up Christmas List - FearOfH2O

Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - couchie

All Is Well - KAndre

ETAA: For anyone who follows these things, goldarngirl & I are working on our first CITH montage series, from the Kalamazoo venue. I saw the first finished product yesterday (OCOCE & Jesus Medley) and can I just say that goldarngirl did a fantastic job with the clack she had to work with? Thanks to Scarlett for getting some as-yet-unseen clack to us for this as well. Will let y'all know when they are finished and available.

I lost a lot of data when I got my computer fixed, and have to start over on my CITH Recommendation assignment. (Is there a hissfit girl smilie here somewhere?) Back to downloading. Oy. I'll start on the weekend. I think it might actually be advantageous to listen with a fresh ear. I'm looking forward to the listening part of the project.

from LMD12 at the CB (via getclayaiken):

I want to thank ldb51 for helping me out in posting a picture.

claylily - I'm really bad at estimating, but I'd say maybe 50-60 got their pictures taken. They didn't seem to turn away too many people at the end.

Link to her picture in the CB thread

*hugs jamar who is at work*

Sorry to hear about your computer woes duckyvee.

Love the recaps ducky & Scarlett! :clap:

If the signed Playbills really are only $40, I'll definitely pick up a couple extra.

Off to clean litterboxes (what FUN!), pack and then take the car in for service. I'm off to NYC at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Thanks for all the good wishes! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Hope to meet up with a few of you while Spamming!

Anyways, I told him that I wasn't comfortable getting it on while a still photographer was standing in the room. I proposed that we do video instead since it was less distracting. So he went over to the photographer, talked to him and them walked back to my while holding and shaking his thing. He extended it to me and I gathered that he wanted me to touch it, take it and shake it too. Weird request, but I obliged!

Bwah, hilarious! Congrats on your speshul super-private rendezvous with the Knights in not-so-shining armour, Scarlett! I can't believe I missed seeing you up there by one night! It was pretty great to see you again while I was there tho!

It's awesome that Spamalot's doing the pictures, and whatever other surprise things at the show these next two weeks, to step up their fundraising efforts for this competition. There's some historical data re: the Easter Bonnet Competition from previous years that kmh135 gathered, here on gca. From it...

<...>

BTW - Spamalot has never been in the over $100K raised club

I think that's a statistic that is about to change!

I would absolutely love to have a cast-signed poster or playbill. Some lucky and persistent people got their playbills signed by all the main cast members by standing at the stage door a couple of times. I only got two - Clay and Tom. I'm not so good at asking for autographs. It was fun to just stick my arm out and see what I got tho.

Here's that picture from last night. God, it's CUTE. It's like being in Lancelot and Herbert's wedding pictures! They shoulda charged more!

th_RickClayTomBroadwayCaresApril15th.jpg

ducky, I think you probably sat very close to laughn and I Saturday night.

From moonhead at the CH:

WalMart will also have an exclusive version of OMWH with a bonus track. I am sooo glad that we are getting bonus tracks from different sites...the more music, the better.

So, how many exclusive bonus tracks are there going to be? Or are they all the same? I guess if I'm gonna buy seven copies anyway (heh), seven unique bonus items is a plus. :) I don't want it to be May 6th yet, but I do. Know what I mean?

What a cuuuuute picture. And why didn't they do this when I was there???? Actually we were there when the Playbills first started filtering in with the full page ad for OMWH and I did get Clay's signature on it. So I'll stop pouting and be happy for those who will get their picture taken (with their economic stimulus money - hee! hee!)

Not posting much because I honestly don't know what y'all are talking about.....but I'll keep trying! What are the snowflakes that are going to be kept hidden if someone gets someone else a cast-signed poster?

Loved Scarlett's recap. Had to stop and think about the "thingie" but then HELLO! Realized what Clay was holding and shaking back and forth.

And could someone please explain "the CITH recommendations?"

If the signed Playbills really are only $40, I'll definitely pick up a couple extra.

There seems to be some question as to whether Clay has signed those, so check and see--that might make a difference to some.

Girl's Knight Out with the Camelot Gang (Peasant recap -- please don't copy to other sites)

At the start of the show they always announce something about recording devices and cellphones and being dragged up to the stage and impaled by a bunch of well-armed knights. Everyone around me always seemed to be terrified at the prospect. Me? I chose to reserve judgement, since it *could* actually turn out not to be so bad depending on the type of impaling those well-armed knights had in mind. *shrugs*

So, when Patsy came to take me up the stage Sunday night I didn't exactly have to be dragged. All the knights seemed to be very friendly and welcoming. The King got to go first because, I suppose, he *was* the king. He asked for my name and I said it out loud this time, because I didn't want the entire front row to have to yell it out like in Long Island. Since the King was nice, I also gave him my last name. He didn't ask for my phone number/s. I think that was because Clay already had 3 of my cell phones registered at the mozes site. The other knights played coy with me, wooing me with shiny sparkly stuff. They were fun. At one point I was completely surrounded by knights -- above me, below me, to my left, to my right. They kept repeating my name ecstatically. It seemed to go on forever.

Before the night was over, I had Clay on bended knee raising his arms beseechingly at me and singing of some Holy Grail thingy or other. I was confused about this since he hadn't yet changed into his white tuxedo pants. *scratches head* Maybe he wanted me to help him with his clothes because Shannon was out that night? Anyways, I told him that I wasn't comfortable getting it on while a still photographer was standing in the room. I proposed that we do video instead since it was less distracting. So he went over to the photographer, talked to him and them walked back to my while holding and shaking his thing. He extended it to me and I gathered that he wanted me to touch it, take it and shake it too. Weird request, but I obliged!

All in all, it was such a wonderful experience to be the darling of every knight at the round table, even for just 1 evening. Definitely a keeper and a scene I will replay over and over again.

Special thanks to Gibby, luckiest1, annabear, ldyjocelyn, couchie, ansa, muski, cct, laughn, CG, playbiller, KarenEh, 00lsee, liney23, clayzedover and everyone else who sent virtual hugs and best wishes! (hope I didn't forget anyone)

I hope Scarlett doesn't mind....but this was just toooooo good to leave behind!!!!

Nice to know that good wenches are rewarded for all their good work... :lilredani:

Yeah that! GREAT recap!

I would absolutely love to have a cast-signed poster or playbill. Some lucky and persistent people got their playbills signed by all the main cast members by standing at the stage door a couple of times. I only got two - Clay and Tom. I'm not so good at asking for autographs. It was fun to just stick my arm out and see what I got tho.

Here's that picture from last night. God, it's CUTE. It's like being in Lancelot and Herbert's wedding pictures! They shoulda charged more!

th_RickClayTomBroadwayCaresApril15th.jpg

CUTE picture! Now, just how can I come up with all this extra money before April 27th????

From moonhead at the CH:

WalMart will also have an exclusive version of OMWH with a bonus track. I am sooo glad that we are getting bonus tracks from different sites...the more music, the better.

So, how many exclusive bonus tracks are there going to be? Or are they all the same? I guess if I'm gonna buy seven copies anyway (heh), seven unique bonus items is a plus. :) I don't want it to be May 6th yet, but I do. Know what I mean?

Oh shit! I am still in my boycott Walmart mode!!!!! Now, let's see, who can I recruit to buy one for me???

Is someone keeping track of everything we're supposed to buy and order etc? I hope we get some other kind of bonus from QVC. Can't imagine they would just offer the CD.

I NEED MORE MONEY!!!!!!

From the last thread....

Hey! Aren't we supposed to be finishing up some recommendations? Get to work, people!

:clap: Thanks for the reminder! Please, we have less than 3 weeks before OMWH mania hits, and I'd love to be able to finish the CITH recommendations off before then. The thread to post them is here. I will make or gather the mp3s and post them here after the recommendations are posted. TIA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA to bring the list forward, as a friendly reminder. ;) If you no longer are interested in helping, please let me or KAndre or couchie know. Thx.

O Come O Come Emmanuel - atinal

Jesus Medley - luckiest1

Mary Did You Know - Ansa

Merry Christmas With Love - cha cha

Jazzy Medley - Gibby

Christmas Waltz - liney23

Who Would Imagine a King (Angela) - ialreadyam

Welcome To Our World - jmh123

O Holy Night - keepingfaith

Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Oh Come All Ye Faithful - ldyjocelyn

Sentimental Medley - duckyvee

Where Are You Christmas (Quiana) - PuddinsJoy

My Grown Up Christmas List - FearOfH2O

Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - couchie

All Is Well - KAndre

ETAA: For anyone who follows these things, goldarngirl & I are working on our first CITH montage series, from the Kalamazoo venue. I saw the first finished product yesterday (OCOCE & Jesus Medley) and can I just say that goldarngirl did a fantastic job with the clack she had to work with? Thanks to Scarlett for getting some as-yet-unseen clack to us for this as well. Will let y'all know when they are finished and available.

OK OK - no need to get out the whip.... (unless you are CLay...hee)

I'm working on it!!

What a cuuuuute picture. And why didn't they do this when I was there???? Actually we were there when the Playbills first started filtering in with the full page ad for OMWH and I did get Clay's signature on it. So I'll stop pouting and be happy for those who will get their picture taken (with their economic stimulus money - hee! hee!)

Not posting much because I honestly don't know what y'all are talking about.....but I'll keep trying! What are the snowflakes that are going to be kept hidden if someone gets someone else a cast-signed poster?

Loved Scarlett's recap. Had to stop and think about the "thingie" but then HELLO! Realized what Clay was holding and shaking back and forth.

And could someone please explain "the CITH recommendations?"

When the Christmas Tour started (CITH) we decided we would each take one of the songs or medleys and listen to all the clack (video or audio) and recommend our top 3 picks (for audio quality only). Some people *cough* haven't done theirs yet. LOL. We also did this type of thing for last summer's tour, and it turned out great! You can check out our previous recommendations on our media pages.

The snowflake picture (from the Unicef snowflake lighting in 2006) is a picture one of our members dislikes....so people tease her about it a lot. [/understatement] :cryingwlaughter:

where I am now

On my way here

I've learned to fly

You have to want to leave ground!!

These lines always remind of the part of the Hitchhiker's Guide Where Ford explains how easy it is to fly.

"Just throw yourself at the ground ............................. and miss."