#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

And I'm imagining Clay is smiling when he holds his son Parker....

wandacleo from the last thread...

Couchie Thie big question about your "niece" is NOT whether she's sweet, cute, innocent and cuddly, but rather did her bitch of a mother seduce the father, take advantage of him just to get puppy sperm, or are they really just dog pals?

BWAH!

Couchie Thie big question about your "niece" is NOT whether she's sweet, cute, innocent and cuddly, but rather did her bitch of a mother seduce the father, take advantage of him just to get puppy sperm, or are they really just dog pals?

:lmaosmiley-1:

heee

going to bed, but first...

INTRODUCING

my new "neice"

post-3-1220006784_thumb.jpg

her name is Neela..something to do with blue eyes...

ETA: hmmmm maybe I should change the thread before I go to bed...

NAH

heee

Couchie... she is adorable!!!

Hmmm....CITH recommendations....I think certain members of FCA *coughatinal/ansa/liney23/ ialreadyam/jmh123/PuddinsJoy/couchie/kandrecough* need to remember this...

bloodyhandprints.jpg

Nice long weekend ahead of you...perfect time to listen to some Christmas music, donchathink?

ldyj... That's scary... I got a dispensation, remember (not on my computer until October 1) Sorry!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

wanda... BWAH!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

muski... I went to Wild Animal Park one September when they were having a butterfly exhibit. You walked into this huge netted area that had all these huge colorful butterflys from around the world. It was the most fantastic thing. I spent a looong time there! The Valley is probably just as hot as Wild Animal Park, only with different kinds of animals. Have fun at the wedding!

I think one reason so many stick around on the boards when they are no longer having fun, is that they can express themselves and people actually pay attention. Doesn't always happen in real life... :cryingwlaughter:

I'm babysitting two of my grandsons this afternoon unitl tomorrow afternoon, so will have to catch up tomorrow night. Have fun everyone!!!

Thanks Kim, Spikesmom and Gibby for the encouragement about Wicked. I hope playbiller is looking forward to it too.

Ldyj, that is one scary picture of torture by spork. I'm eternally greatful that I will not be at the receiving end of it. :onhishead:

laughn and I saw Wicked when we were in NYC in April. Or rather, we saw the first half of it... (Being up at 4:00am to get the the airport, a long walk through Central Park in the afternoon, cold air blowing down our necks from the air conditioning in the theater, and an awkwardly placed balcony railing that partly obstructed laughn's view all contributed to us looking at each other at intermission and agreeing that we liked the show so far, but that we'd had enough for the night.)

Anyway, Wicked's theater is probably twice as big as Spamalot's, and it's quite grand, so the experience is very different. (I think I preferred the intimacy of the Shubert.) One thing I did particularly enjoy about our balcony view is seeing the tracks built into the stage that the set pieces rolled in and out on. The scenery and backdrops are quite intricate and visually stunning. The national tour is scheduled to come to town next year, and I plan to catch it then. And we'll try to stay for the whole show this time!

Thanks bottlecap for the Wicked info. We have , I think, 12 th row partially obstructed view. The ticket said the only obstruction is for some of the scenery but not any performers. It'll be fun sandwiched in between Spamalot performances and visiting elderly aunts. Since I worked and lived in NYC for four years I don't have any desire to do a lot of sightseeing, except maybe a few museums.

However, my favorite place to visit and I even took my sons there, is the Cloisters in the Bronx. It is a medival museum of wall hangings and various paintings and statues around a courtyard garden where medival music is played. When I was in college it was a cool place to hang out with friends. But it used to be very crowded on weekends, weekdays not so much. Beautiful view of the Hudson River and Grant's Tomb.

Of course I am looking forward to another plwy. I probably can't be tempted to recite lines fromthere, like you are stiing in the first row of a show you have seen too many times. Of course, the threats of the taunter and killer rabbit does help to hold the tounge.

FYI - I think the Olympics did help sell some albums for Clay overseas. While sales in the US went up only 800 this week, sales estimated world wide seem to have gone between 2 or 3 thousand. I don't exactly remember what they were before, but it is definitely over 2000. So tyhatr is good news, they have him estimated at max sales of 178800, I think is was 176??? as the max sales before.

And I'm imagining Clay is smiling when he holds his son Parker....

sometimes a tender smile like this.....

uganda3.jpg

and sometimes just giddy happiness....

114211406-L.jpg

I'd like to also say that I loved the play Wicked, too. I saw it in NYC in 2005 when I saw Clay's JNTII at the Beacon Theater. We're trying to decide what else to see when we see Spamalot in December. We have front row seats on Wed Dec 17 and Thur Dec 18th and want to see something "Christmasy" on Tues Dec 16th. There's talk about a stage version of White Christmas that sounds fun or we may see the Rockettes. Probably we'll see whatever's available half price....or knowing me, I'll be doing SRO at the Shubert! LOL!

*Gibby stealthily creeps in from work to post a few mosacis on the first page. Sssshhhhh!*

I don't know if mosacis is some new art form - but I LIKE it!!!

:hysterical:

:cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!! That's what I get for sneaking in and out so quickly. I'm usually pretty careful about spelling!

I just finished watching Clay in "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?"

He was so cute!!! (except I kept wanting to fix his hair a little better!!)

(I didn't want to be a postho and hog page one,

but I've been waiting for page two for about 6 hours now!!!

So here's the post I wrote a few hours ago!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

This needs to be in this new thread!!

21 Days (3 weeks!) until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam!" :woohoo:

29 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

50 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

(if not a great day, then at least a great idea!!) :wink: ;)

bringing this from the last thread....

I forgot about this totally OT thing I wanted to mention......

Mamma Mia! Sing-Along Edition

couchie - please check your PMs!!

::waves to ausdon + TimeTravelerPax:: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I too watched AYSTAFG. OMG he was so cute! I kept wanting the end to change just like AI2! But alas no!

Here's my dilemma? Do I get ready for a hurricane to come into Houston or not! I hate it that you don't know until the last minute! Well if it comes here the one good thing is keepingfaith gets to come to my pad!!! Partay!!! Oh boy she'll get to meet my DH and prove to everyone he really does exist!!

The signed poster for Broadway Cares 2008 Easter Bonnett went for $1030!!

Hi all! It's 9:45 am on Saturday here and I just wanted to check in to say that we made the 7:30 ferry back from Macau to Hong Kong. We're back at the Courtyard, with a slightly smaller room but the view is still pretty.

KAndre just headed out to the Western Market to get some more brocade and I'll be meeting her shortly as soon as I upload the pics I intended to last night. Was trying to get most of the Thursday and half of Friday up but the connection from Macau was flaky.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ok I think I'll make a list in honor of Clay being repeated on Fifth Grader. My top 5 7 10 favorite Clay events that I attended and I have to say...

Atlantic City JBT still top of the list...next to the last night... with the whole stump the band and pussy cat and don't let the sun go down on me was a remake and raising my hand up like a good little girl cuz he told me to. LOVE

Sacramento IT - yes I'm obsessed ... WHAT OF IT.Best unknown concert ever and it took a 3 1/2 hour tour de force to knock it out of the top spot. WAH..I don't just want the lost video..I want it in HIGH DEFINITION, 3 D whatever heee.

Fifth Grader is probably next. I just loved it..waving my Clay sign and rooting for him. He was so witty and funny and charming and I got to meet some great people that day.

Fourth was Clannah duet at the Broadyway Cares Event. The events itself was fun and not really knowing that Clay would be there when I bought the tickets made the suprise of it even better The tickets were only like 20 dollars by the way. BEST CLAY BARGAIN ever.

Moving on to the NC 3FER ..yes I'm cheating... Charlotte was fabulous..he seemed giddy to be back on stage after that short break..and I just loved the Raleigh shows...combined they almost match the develishness that was the Sacramento IT - but not quite

JNT El Cahon, Nashville JNT05 - Las Vegas heee it's all Xmas and they were all special to me in every way. Since I was too stressed from helping plan the pre party to enjoy Oakland... Nashville is where I got to just enjoy myself, icy toes and all. Editing to add Merrillville from last year. Loved being at a final show again... and the special trio with Clay and the girls.

oh WHAT THE HELL how could I forget

SPAMALOT.... heee I'm not rearranging anything ... I'm never suprised at a Clay tour. I go in expecting to be entertained and I always am.

California 4FER..hmmm this should be higer... ok consider everything after #2 in no particular order cuz this is just way too hard. I love the company, meeting Ansa, Jerome at the bus line in San Diego, the Pala follies, our Greek adventure and my favorite concert of the 4 was Indio even though it wasn' tthe best venue. I love devilish Clay. That's my favorite Clay

And last but not least ATDW CD release/Kimmel...That was a massive dose of claymates and I may never do it again but I was thrilled to be there that day to hear clay sing his new songs for the first time, to see his face that day.... I think seeing him that day kept me SANE during the tumult to follow. I think I said a lot of I LOVE HIMS after that day.

I know I'm blessed to have seen so much live Clay in person but I'm also thankful for the clackk If this was a list of everything Clay's done so many other things would make the list... stuff where I was thousands of miles away. I felt like I shared every moment with him during JNT06 and I didn't attend a one. So thanks again to all the clack gatherers for bringing clay to me when I couldn't make it myself.

I came out of the woodwork to share with you a Clay spotting on Thursday. He was shopping at the Street of Southpoint Mall in Durham. There was a young black woman with him and no kids. He was carrying a small bag from Strasburg Children's store when he walked into The Apple Store. He looked around for a few minutes before taking off his sunglasses. He was in there for a while but did not buy anything. Now the important part..... He has changed his hair color again. His hair appeared to be more of a darker blonde shade with some light brown lowlights. It is not as blonde as the end of Spamalot and I didnt see any red tint at all. He appeared to be having a good day with a friend. Now, I'm going back to lurking and stalking.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: from Portland, ME!

This is my last and furthest south stop on my Maine journey; yesterday I spent the day partially in the outlet shops of Freeport, the home of LL Bean, and partly in the 1700's neighbourhoods of Yarmouth,ME. What a dichotomy!

Then, thanks to the advice of a fellow FCA'er, I stopped at Simply Custard and had a taste (well, :lol:, a BIG taste....) of the absolutely decadent custard ice cream they sell here in Maine and as far as I'm aware~nowhere else. It was FABULOUS! I think I may have to stop again on my way north tomorrow. :lol: A new featured flavour every day..... :lmaosmiley-1:

Today was a mall and driving day, but I did get to stop at one of the largest bead stores in the country (Caravan Beads) and spend several hours there indulging my (other) obsession, to the detriment of my Mastercard....and when I took a quick jaunt through Macy's at the Maine Mall, I found a 2-piece dress which I am thrilled with, for the Gala! Regular $200-something, on sale for $71, rang up at $55...and it looks great! How much better could that be!! Now we're down to the shoes....I hate shoe shopping.

So now it's the trip northward again, tomorrow. I'm hoping to stop at Bar Harbour and the Acadia Park on my way, both of which are supposed to be really beautiful, for a last shot of sun and sea and photography.

Cotton, to add to my previous notes for you~I would definitely recomment Freeport, which is a very pretty little town and a shopper's heaven; and LL Bean's home store is kind of fun to see. I was at the Comfort Suites on Hwy 1 between Freeport and Yarmouth, and it was wonderful...loved the room!

Yarmouth was really neat as well; it's very old and there are some really neat buildings etc to have a look at. I especially liked the church on Main St east of the highway, and the old mill around the corner from the church.

Portland, from what I've seen of it is a city~ho hum~kind of grubby...not such a much. There's probably lots I haven't seen; I'm at the Marriott in S. Portland and it is also an absolutely beautiful hotel. If I were to come back a second time, I probably wouldn't bother coming in to Portland again.

A demain!

Post-hoing to say :hello:nc rocks and WELCOME!!....if this is who I think it is, you shortened that name! :lol:

THANKS for letting us know the man is alive and well and shopping in Durham! :lmaosmiley-1: Mmmmmm....the hair sounds yummy!!

PS....hope you're feeling better!!

PPS....what was he wearing? :lmaosmiley-1:

I came out of the woodwork to share with you a Clay spotting on Thursday. He was shopping at the Street of Southpoint Mall in Durham. There was a young black woman with him and no kids. He was carrying a small bag from Strasburg Children's store when he walked into The Apple Store. He looked around for a few minutes before taking off his sunglasses. He was in there for a while but did not buy anything. Now the important part..... He has changed his hair color again. His hair appeared to be more of a darker blonde shade with some light brown lowlights. It is not as blonde as the end of Spamalot and I didnt see any red tint at all. He appeared to be having a good day with a friend. Now, I'm going back to lurking and stalking.

Was he wearing his khaki shorts and a long-sleeved shirt? We need to know these things. Hee.