#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

*creeps onto the new thread and looks around warily in case she's not supposed to be here*

So, do you start a new thread when the old one hits eighty or is it just arbitrary?

You know what? I've never been on a board, ever, that reached eighty pages. I just realized that.

Hmmmmm...

:manynanas:

Jamar -- another reason to love you. I am a Motown freak. That's what I grew up on (and the fact that it wasn't allowed in our house made it even more special LOL - just listened at friends and family and sneaking on the radio ). LOL about your daughter discovering Marvin Gaye. He's one of my favorites and there's lots to discover - songs for every mood. i don't think I've seen that Temps movie since it aired on TV originally.

KAndre -- LOL... thankfully you will be able to give that foot the rest it deserves this year.

DJS - LOL on the asking for unsweetened tea. Do they make that with nutrasweet anyway?

Yay for gala day. Looking forward to the reports.

jamar, that is my favorite movie too. If I see it when I'm checking out channels I always stop to watch it again.

I guess, I'd better start getting dressed. I'm leaving in an hour and still not sure what I'm gonna wear. I'm gonna bring my camera but not sure if I'll use it. Bye! Have fun.

:cry4: Weeps that last year's Gala Beard was only temporary, because Clay looked absolutely positively perfect.

Gala3.jpg

Gala2.jpg

Galaring.jpg

So, do y'all think he'll have a new suit / shirt / tie for tonight, or will it be an outfit we've seen before? And will it have baby puke on the shoulder and drool on the tie?

:bb05:

DJS - LOL on the asking for unsweetened tea. Do they make that with nutrasweet anyway?

Couchie, it has been mumblemumble years since I lived there (in Bahama, for those who know where that is) - but the Hardees or Burger King, I forget which, didn't even SERVE unsweetened tea, it was not a choice! Some places served unsweetened, they just look at ya funny. I don't like anything in my tea, iced or hot, but lemon or some of that Luzianne Peach Mango or Raspberry flavoring (no cals or carbs, I highly recommend it!)

I don't use the nutrasweet or other stuff, I just really don't like sweet drinks. Well, okay, chocolate martinis are good.............

Yay :twinklewhore: for gala day! Everyone in NC, enjoy! Hope daddy Clay and his little man Parker are having a happy reunion. :kirtsun_05:

Ahhh... I slept until noon today! :) First time in I don't know how long. Then I got up, sat in my chair, put my feet on the ottoman, with one cat on my lap & one cat on the arm of the chair and we all took a 'wake up snooze' until a little after one. Now I've got a crap load of stuff to get done today between finals, 2nd job and moving. :onFire:

First things first, though - I'm out of cream for my coffee and cat litter! :bolt:

So, we checked in and got our tickets at the Marriot this morning, then went and picked up luckiestdaughter at the airport. Made the requisite stop at Chik-Fil-A for lunch. Now we are chilling out until it's time to get ready to go. Lots of Claymates in the lobby because it was the volunteer roundtable as well as the registration. Neat to see the Bubel Aiken Foundation up on the electronic signs. Saw Diane Bubel greet Aron in the lobby. Heard her say the name Clayton but didn't stick around to eavesdrop.

OK, if Clay's stripping, I will force Scarlett and merrieeee to push my butt along in a wheelchair!

I forgive djs her unnatural attachment to incomplete tea...

Clay performs tonight! Hurrah!

First things first, though - I'm out of cream for my coffee and cat litter! :bolt:

:huh:

You put cream in your cat litter?

:blink:

Gala day! Well, I'll be all over the place today--taking one daughter to shop for birthday present for friend, then to carnival; taking mom to hairdressers to get a perm; taking other daughter to her soccer game and watching it; picking up mom from hairdressers :wacko: ...what time is the gala again?

:huh:

You put cream in your cat litter?

:blink:

Doesn't everybody? :mellow: That powdered stuff works better than baking soda for neutralizing odors...

Why, yes, I am a communications major. What of it? :lilredani:

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Well I like to let it get to 9o or 100 just to be spontaneous but I swear people start looking at you funny if it gets past 80 and there's no new thread :cryingwlaughter: .

Are you looking at me? Heh. That's why I'm a librarian...details matter. To me, anyway.

bottlecap, I spent a good portion of Thursday night rewatching the clack from the last Gala, and lamenting that there will be no beard. I think for me, "Gala" and "beard" are synonymous. No more, I suppose. *sob*

My favorite from that night 1 1/2 years ago:

IMG_0646t_filtered.jpg

And another:

IMG_0644t_filtered.jpg

Luckiest posted this in the last thread.....

CG, funny you mention the "muppet song" becoss we are thinking that that might be a perfect song for the gala tonight. Don't you think? :wub:

Oh Yes!!! (tm Sir Robin...) And if he does THERE HAVE BETTER BE CLACK!!!!!!

Anyone know if CV has a Galacert tonight?

:cry4: Weeps that last year's Gala Beard was only temporary, because Clay looked absolutely positively perfect.

Gala3.jpg

Gala2.jpg

Galaring.jpg

You can say that again!!!!!! The best thing about the gala coming up has been all thes pictures from last year's gala being posted!

Man that was a HOT look!!!!!

Yesterday on my way home I was listening to my iPod on shuffle and heard SAU and SL and it hit me that gay or not, the man can sell a love song in a way that just oozes sexiness and can get you all hot and bothered!

Nope, nothing has changed for me! :whistling-1:

The Gala area is swarming with not-so-covert Clay Nation spies, and the reports are being phoned into headquarters:

Practicing with a BAND. Songs so far: Because You Love Me, When I See You Smile, On My Way Here, Everything I Don't Need, Where I Draw the Line.

St. John's sweatshirt, track pants, sandals and green socks, no glasses.

Jerry Aiken (Clay's uncle and the CEO on TBAF) is reportedly wearing a tux. Dare we hope Clay might be too? Like maybe the one from the Ford's Theater dealie? eeeee! Maybe

Yes, CV will be doing a cellcert tonight.

bottle beat me with the gala previews! I was this.close. :)

Update on clayzedover from dancermom2:

I am bringing Clayzedover's post over from CV...she is typing one handed and it is exhausting and she asked me to bring her post over for her....

Hi everyone... I miss you.

This one handed typing is soooo slow.....but am grateful to be able to do it. Am at home today trying to catch up on Clay news over the last two months......can't access CV from the rehab facility.

So, what's new with Clay? ***ducks***

I love the guy even more today than two months ago. Missing the gala, but hope to see Spamalot soon.

Since having the stroke in mid August, I am able to walk with a cane that resembles a small step ladder, and my arm has finally begun to respond to therapy...it's been hard work, but progress is happening. In fact, about week after entering the hospital, I began to be able to move my leg...only to learn this happened shortly after you guys lit a candle for me. THANK YOU.

There is no way to begin to express how much all of your thoughts and prayers, cards, visits have been appreciated. Clay's extended family is REAL and very much connected to each other and to him.

Am pretty much a glass half full person. My hospital therapist was a young cute redhead who was devoted to his job, had the brightest smile and worked with autistic children in his spare time. My rehab facility therapist resembles Dr. McDreamy...... so how's that for luck?

I learned a few things too...that you CAN sneak a ten pound Shi Tzu into a stroke unit....and bedpans can be a real pain. Mostly, I learned that I MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL.

from claniac24 at the CB (via CV):

Checking in from Raleigh. Joanie Mason and I went to the BAF Round Table Discussion this morning. It was great fun as well as highly informative and inspiring. Faye showed up afterwards and we chatted with her for a bit. She told us that Raleigh and Durham love little Parker. They lick and kiss him at every opportunity. He now weighs 10 pounds. Parker and Jaymes will be now joining Clay in N.Y. for the duration of Spamalot.

To clarify from a later report:

Band is at least a drum and guitar.

I love the bit about Raleigh & Durham. That child is going to be spoiled by everyone!

Me too! :wub:

Am I the only one who smiles every time they see one of those Playskool toy commercials on TV, thinking of Parker? :bb05:

Am I the only one who smiles every time they see one of those Playskool toy commercials on TV, thinking of Parker? :bb05:

Not seen that one, I'm afraid. But there's an ad for State Farm Insurance, I believe, where it has a guy, holding his new son, talking about "this is where I am now" or something like that. THIS is the commercial that makes me think of both Clay and Parker.

Man, this gala tonight sounds awesome. I actually thought that he might bring out the stuff he did from QVC/AOL for tonight, and I'm also glad he's doing a few ATDW songs too. ATDW rocks!

But there's an ad for State Farm Insurance, I believe, where it has a guy, holding his new son, talking about "this is where I am now" or something like that. THIS is the commercial that makes me think of both Clay and Parker.

OMG, yes, that one too. I remember seeing it right after we heard about Parker's arrival and getting a little verklempt.

Ok, I really do need to be working. No more peeking for gala reports until later.... :peepwall: