#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Page 1?!!! Wheeee!

Not quite caught up yet but I skimmed and made some nice notes about mp4's. Hmmm... and webMistresses... Would love to see that mailer, K & K!!!

ps. Someone should ask Clay, does he want it in mp4's?!!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETAA: Hee, luckiest, so did I. I can't believe I just offered to send him mp4's on a flashdrive. (no, just kidding. I couldn't make myself type mp4) But I did offer XviDs in case that's what he wanted. Unfortunately, I offered him XviDs of shows that I haven't even rendered yet so if ever he wants them, it'll probably set a speed record for fastest rendering time ever.

I bet goldarngirl hs something for him

Hee. I PM'ed him about our DVDs, just in case he hasn't found what he is looking for yet.

I know it's probably nothing like this, but I'd love it if he was thinking along those lines for another Christmas tour again. Ha ha, can you imagine the crap that would get flung at him? Last time it wasn't pretty, and I still see red if I read a flippant post referring to "the work" in a condescending way. Cuz I freaking loved the JNT05. :wub:

ETAA: Hee, luckiest, so did I. I can't believe I just offered to send him mp4's on a flashdrive. (no, just kidding. I couldn't make myself type mp4) But I did offer XviDs in case that's what he wanted. Unfortunately, I offered him XviDs of shows that I haven't even rendered yet so if ever he wants them, it'll probably set a speed record for fastest rendering time ever.

I saw your post over at the OFC Scarlett. If he answers you, steer him away from the Atlanta show. Gregory was absent for that show, right? And I would imagine he would want one with Gregory in it.

I loved the JNT05 too.

60763064_QbiTk-M.jpg

:BlowKiss: Thanks, Clay, for coming back to talk to us again. Love you.

My heart just soared at his passing reference to his own right to marry.

I'm a hopeless romantic.

BTW, as I was typing out Grand Rapids on the list I thought it was strange that he left out Iowa.

ETA: Aww, I forgot about the 3 Beacon shows (one with my favorite growly Emmanuel)

ETAA: Thanks, jamar. I didn't see his follow-up at first.

Hee. I PM'ed him about our DVDs, just in case he hasn't found what he is looking for yet.

I know it's probably nothing like this, but I'd love it if he was thinking along those lines for another Christmas tour again. Ha ha, can you imagine the crap that would get flung at him? Last time it wasn't pretty, and I still see red if I read a flippant post referring to "the work" in a condescending way. Cuz I freaking loved the JNT05. :wub:

I'm SOOOO excited for you and goldarngirl!! If it were me, I would LOVE to know he's visited my website (that I don't have :lol: ) and/or watched the montages I worked so hard on! Eeeeeeeehhhh!!!

Wow, love his answer to the Prop 8 question. Love his candor. Here I sit, in the dark, hitting refresh. Not exactly how I planned to spend my evening, but I'm not complaining!

WHAT FUN!!! I absolutely loved his Prop 8 answer as well; completely agree with him. I watched Dr Phil this aft, which I NEVER do and his whole show was about the arguments for/against same sex marriage. The NC part of the response was a little sad, though. :(

LOVED his answer about his sense of humor as well.

Oh, MAN I hope he's planning to get out on the road in some way, shape or form!

I posted this on another board, but what the hey, I'll post it here too.

I was listening to my local NPR station when the ruling came through on Tuesday morning. For the next 3 days the local hosts broadcasts opinions from many legal experts, including those that argued against Prop 8 before the Court.

By the end of 3 days, the vast majority of opinions supporting same-sex marriage agreed with what Clay just said. The change is going to have to come through a new ballot measure to allow equality in this area to let the citizens of California make the decision. Most of these experts were also not comfortable with letting the court overrule the voice of the people, nor in letting the Court "define" equality.

I have high hopes. One of the problems that I saw during the campaign was that the anti-Prop 8 forces placed TV ads that were WAY to subtle for the average viewer. For weeks & weeks we saw a lovely bride encountering obstacles at her wedding as she tried to get to her groom....the doorknob broke, her high heel broke, her veil was snatched off by bush brambles. The voice over then asked how you would feel if you weren't able to marry the person you loved. It was sponsored by "Let California Ring"....there wasn't even a mention of Proposition 8. We have the TV on in the waiting room for our patients and several times I heard people asking what that was supposed to be about. The ad was certainly big on the Bravo channel, but frequent ads don't help if no one can figure out what they were about.

By the time they wised up and reacted to all the ads of concerned parents stating with great authority that their children would be taught all about gay marriage and homosexuality in the 2nd grade, it was really too late. The very early polls months in advance showed that Prop 8 would be defeated, but by the time the election rolled around those cute kid/worried parents ads had really taken their toll.

Hopefully, next time around they will be smarter. Signatures on ballot initiative petitions are already making the rounds. Even the Governator said this week that he expected same-sex marriage to again become legal in California. It's just a question of when.

I LOVE that Clay didn't shy away from this question. And I LOVE that he's so smart, well-spoken and well-informed.

Love him. Period.

Thanks, Permaswooned!!! :BlowKiss: And thanks for the reminder too.

(from the previous post)

EYATA: Why did I keep typing Grand Rapids when I was thinking Council Bluffs? Maybe it has something to do with Kareneh's pictures from that show in 2006. Anyone have some of those goodies on file?

EOLTTA: Yikes, Grand Rapids was on my PM. That guy's going to think his fans can't tell Michigan from Iowa. *cries* I know my geography but only when he's not making video requests.

I'm SOOOO excited for you and goldarngirl!! If it were me, I would LOVE to know he's visited my website (that I don't have :lol: ) and/or watched the montages I worked so hard on! Eeeeeeeehhhh!!!

Wow, love his answer to the Prop 8 question. Love his candor. Here I sit, in the dark, hitting refresh. Not exactly how I planned to spend my evening, but I'm not complaining!

WHAT FUN!!! I absolutely loved his Prop 8 answer as well; completely agree with him. I watched Dr Phil this aft, which I NEVER do and his whole show was about the arguments for/against same sex marriage. The NC part of the response was a little sad, though. :(

LOVED his answer about his sense of humor as well.

Oh, MAN I hope he's planning to get out on the road in some way, shape or form!

who would ask that question. Is their an angel with a halo here for me. :lol:

although I wanted him to answer my other question about if he would consider auctioning off a chance for a fan to dress him a day. Can you imagine the donations for that!!

All for the children of course.

:flirtysmile3: I love Clay Aiken :Thud:

I saved that Prop 8 answer to email to a couple of friends. He is soooo smart!

Perma... don't worry about being here in an earthquake... I don't have any crystals over any doorways or in the middle of any rooms, so you're safe... honest... :hahaha:

Hee, I never sent him the link to the site, just explained about the DVDs.....thought about it afterwards and then didn't want to PM him a second time (the first time was weird enough!) In any case, he never responded, so I take it he found some videos that were to his liking elsewhere. For a few minutes, though, it was pretty neat thinking that I might have what Clay Aiken wanted. :hahaha: Oooh, that sounds kinda smutty, doesn't it? Heh.

:nature-smiley-014: I can't remember if there are other fans of "Pushing Daisies" here or not, but I just read that ABC is finally showing the remaining episodes starting tonight. I hate that it was cancelled so abruptly.

Clay content: "Pushing Daisies" was one of the shows that I was hoping that Clay would guest star on, since it had several Broadway actors in the cast and as guest stars (like Chris Seiber). Oh well, Clay did get the great gig on "30 Rock", which was also on my wish list.

th_carolleyes2.gif