FCA Photo Tourney, Top 32...Round 5

ldyjocelyn

Pick Your Favorite  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two pictures is your favorite?

Um...am I losing my mind...or didn't we already vote on these two pictures? Not that I am complaining...just wondering!

Kim

:confetti-1:

I was so skeered to look at the results...mind you they might change.

Love #1. :clap: Magical, defying gravity Clay. Way cool. :thumbup:

The Leno appearance was a laugh riot but I didn't care for the look one iota. I couldn't stand the "who the hell is THAT/fake Clay/bangs/jewellery" look. I had NO idea who that guy was supposed to be but it sure wasn't my Clay...he was some record label's concept....and as you've gathered, I hated that whole ATDW "bangs and jewellery" look.

Um...am I losing my mind...or didn't we already vote on these two pictures? Not that I am complaining...just wondering!

Kim

We've voted on all of the pictures that you're seeing but we're into "play-off season" now. Winners pitted against winners. I do think that the gravity defying Clay WAS pitted against some ATDW bangs promo picture of some sort last time also.

Wow, it's unanimous so far on 6 votes. Have never seen a poll this uneven. And it's not that I don't like the other picture. They're both great.

:thbighug-1: to the other Clay picture!

:helloFCA:

I ain't huggin' the other picture...not unless the subject was actually standing in front of me...then I'd be too "gaaaaaaaaaaaaah" to care.

Back to bed....because I can! :offtobed:

Had to think for just a few seconds -- once again, my mythical "stranded on a desert island" scenario would say "Clay in full cry with a jump!" That surely has to be during DSIAFCD, am I right?

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :flirtysmile3::twinklewhore:

All Clay's looks are 'Clay' to me. Don't really care for him being referred to as 'fake' in any way (since we know the connotations of that in this fandom) even if it's in tiny yellow writing. He might let people have their way as far as hair/clothes/overall look experiments go, but I don't believe for a minute he'd go with something he felt wasn't him, or was some record company's creation.

#2 for me. Gorgeous, stubbly, suited, ring-wearing, charming, sexy Clay. :flirtysmile3:

Tough one. Gotta go with the gravity-defying one, though.

Thing is...I FLOVED the look of #2. He was a gorgeous speciman in that suit...with the stubble, the hair. Loved the rings. Funny, I hadn't noticed until clayzedover mentioned it, but the camera DID catch him in a moment of non-expression in his eyes. I remember another picture from that song that had mucho feeling in his eyes, however. And God knows he knows how to show expression in his eyes. :thud

But the DSIAFCD fan pic...soooooo Clay. Totally into his singing and the song....love the grabbing of his suit coat....(loved that suit)...everything.

Soooo not fair!! *does the one finger salute* :cryingwlaughter:

I do have to go with my ALL TIME FAV PIC of the man #2 - A long tall (gulp THIGHS) cool drink of water in the ultimate suit with shexsay stubble and

the ultimate hair (waves to canfly) hee

I'm with treenuts. Love that whole look. And since CF is voting for the other one, odds are good that my pick will win. Not that I'd have a problem with that cuz he's adorable in the other one too.

All Clay's looks are 'Clay' to me. Don't really care for him being referred to as 'fake' in any way (since we know the connotations of that in this fandom) even if it's in tiny yellow writing. He might let people have their way as far as hair/clothes/overall look experiments go, but I don't believe for a minute he'd go with something he felt wasn't him, or was some record company's creation.

You know how much I despised the whole bangs looks with the passion of a 1000 burning suns (or something like that),lol. The yellow is to let you or whomever know it's something that prolly you don't wanna read cuz it ain't gonna be positive. I just find the yellow easier to do than the spoiler quotes.

I don't believe for a minute he'd go with something he felt wasn't him, or was some record company's creation.

I do. He allows them to primp and preen him for albums and public appearances all of the time and that's certainly not the way he walks around in every day life. With his cowlick, there's no way that look with "stay in place" for any length of time. I'll take cowlick any day!

:beatingheart:

I meant no connotation to do with "fake clay" in any way and it never even occcurred to me because I had no interest in following any of that shit.

:dan:

I was just saying that that made up image with the bangs and jewellery was to me a look concocted by his publicity people to make him look "cool" or something...and as little like the "old Spikey-haired Clay" as possible. It was a professional "image"...and the ATDW look and the ATDW promo look was just one I never cared for.

There ya go. I'm gonna tick off Cindy again, lol. :chair:

ETA: I guess I'm in a weird, semi-weepy possibly PMSing, exhaused kind of mood...so there's more...

I actually and seriously went through a really rough time after the AI5 appearance because I got slammed pretty hard elsewhere for saying how much I hated the look. Many were celebrating and I was WTF? Where did Clay gooooooo?

:sniffle: :sniffle:

I still loved Clay and loved his voice but had a hard time because I disliked the look so much. Did I feel superficial? Sure I did. Did I feel kind of guilty about it? Sure I did. Did I feel left out of the celebration? Damned straight I did. I couldn't help it. I wasn't attracted to that look at all. I honestly went through a pretty down time there.

When I felt for Clay on AI2, it was a whole package (heh) kind of thing...like Glady's Knight said...something magical about his look...and the...VOICE. Then I discovered what a witty son-of-a-gun he was and it was even better...

:flirtysmile3:

...but when I lost the physical attraction part in May 2006...that was hard (shaddap Treenuts and Muski). Oh and then they threw a bunch of cover songs at me that I didn't really like and yeah...that was a bit of a rough time for me as a fan. It took old JBT pictures and JBT clack there for awhile to keep the fires burning.

The KTLA appearance was the first where I went THANK GOD!!! He still has a forehead!

:woohoo:

Right now Cindy's going...

:damnprocessing:

This is an absolute no-brainer for me. #2 all the way. No hesitatation on my part for this one. I loved everything about that Leno appearance and I was there to witness his hotness! The stubble just about put me on the floor. Loved that whole look, the interview, performance and everything about it. That is my favorite Leno appearance ever. That look just left me breathless!

:perfect10:

Not really the place for this discussion, but since you brought it up... there's a difference between you personally not caring for a look, and proclaiming it 'fake' and a product of image-making from the record company that Clay 'allowed' them to foist on him. Clay himself said the AIW (therefore the ATDW) hair and look were his personal favorite, but that he found it too hard to maintain. His own words (possibly paraphrased because I don't have the comment handy). He kept that look for a long time (in relative Clay-time, lol) beyond ATDW promotion, so to write it off as an attempt to 'look cool' is at the least, vaguely insulting. BTW, there's a decidedly not-for-promotion, shorts and golf shirt wearing Clay photo in which he has the thumb ring on. Visiting a school, as Clay Aiken, regular guy, as I recall.

If you want to hate on it, that's fine - everybody is entitled to their opinions and feelings - but don't try to justify it by projecting your thoughts of the 'motive' behind onto Clay. Own it. And if you're gonna proclaim that hate so vehemently every single time a photo with the look appears, you have to expect some rebuttle from those whose don't hate it.

hate?

hate being spewed?

Good grief.

I hate the hatefulness sometimes spewed here, actually. Canfly tickles me with her HATE, HATE, HATE! of the ATDW look, just as merrieee tickles me with her HATE, HATE, HATE of the snowflake look. The 'Let Clay be Clay' philosophy rules here...which is cool because Clay IS going to be and do exactly what/who he wants to---and that includes what kind of freakin' hairstyle or rings he decides to wear/let someone dress him with.

Seems it's kind of moot to get into anything revolving around that. After all, the thread title about the box of chocolate thing should apply, right? One person likes the truffles, another likes the peanut cluster and I like any of the 'hard' kind, heh.

....moving along...

sigh.gif

This is not being the place for a serious disagreement because the tourney is supposed to be about having fun. Most people in here make comments about their reasons for picking one picture over another and what they like/don't like about certain pictures and that's all I was doing. The canfly hates the bangs thing has always been a joke of sorts. No need to pick apart each other's words and make it all so serious. I've always owned my opinions, BTW.

ETA:

Canfly tickles me with her HATE, HATE, HATE! of the ATDW look, just as merrieee tickles me with her HATE, HATE, HATE of the snowflake look.

:thankyou: Muski

It's now more of a running joke that canfly hates the bangs...in fact I used to have a title at a couple of places that said "offishul bangs hater" and BTW, merrieee's opinion sux, lol. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Oh yeah and Clay's a poopyhead for liking the AIW hair the best. Joke people...joke.

Well, here's my contribution of a pic from the same Leno06 set from mee2--

and, even though I voted for #1 of levitating Clay, Ive got to say there's no blank look in this one. I personally like JBT Clay best too, but I do love a variety.

But if you dont like pissy/chest-out Clay, you'll not like this--at all.

I think he looks hot even with the bangs.

Be sure to clik for X-tra closeup face.

B)

gallery_553_41_35852.jpg

gallery_553_41_129415.jpg

TimetravelerPax, Thankyou for the lovlies above!! :flirtysmile3:

sigh.gif

This is not being the place for a serious disagreement because the tourney is supposed to be about having fun. Most people in here make comments about their reasons for picking one picture over another and what they like/don't like about certain pictures and that's all I was doing. The canfly hates the bangs thing has always been a joke of sorts. No need to pick apart each other's words and make it all so serious. I've always owned my opinions, BTW.

What did I miss?? Maybe I need to read back more carefully, or maybe I don't want to if there is hate being spewed. I can't imagine why anyone would do that. This is suppose to be FUN folks :thbighug-1: Hope it's all a silly misunderstanding! :needclay:

What did I miss?? Maybe I need to read back more carefully, or maybe I don't want to if there is hate being spewed.

It was just me spewing hate for the bangs treenuts, lol. Nothing serious... carry on.

:chair:

canfly, I am afraid I will have to trump your dislike with my intense "like" of the bangs. :lilredani: I don't think he ever looked as good as he did that evening. The suit fit him quite well and although that might not be as good a picture of that night as the one Timetraveler posted, it's in the ballpark.

Oh cool, another place I can watch CF get smacked. I do it all the time. It's fun and since she's wrong so much of the time, I get to do it a lot.