Nov. 2, Vancouver

Ansamcw

From CB:

Harmonies seem different. I hear Q,A, J singing backup... very nice... O Come Let us adore HIM!! CHRIST THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

---

Oooh, I love the key change in OCAYF!! This sounds really gorgeous, harmonies are beautiful...

---

A completely different O come o come Emannuel... beautiful.. slow and gorgeous ..maybe this is just the intro?

---

I will guess this song is called "Rejoice, rejoice Emmanuel" It's not he Emmanuel song you may be thinking of. GORGEOUS~!! Lots of applause.

---

I've never heard this arrangement of Emmanuel - is it really the same song? Sounds good - his voice is just perfect for songs like this, so pure and clear and strong....

From CB:

ntermission report from Elfe350:

From her front row, center seat, Clay was practically in Elfe's lap! He was just right there! He's engaged throughout in whole show, kind of like he's the director; sometimes the cues people, he's walking around stage like he's the master of the show. Sometimes he'll point at a person, they'll freeze, then later he'll point at them again and they move again.

Voice is GREAT!

On one song he growls! Celebrate Me Home. Total big growl. Last song of first half. Will be a big fave!

LauraQ video'd the first half. Elfe video'd some, took a few pictures. She can't tell if people are flashing or not since she's in the front.

Someone near Elfe said no flashes were going off. Lots of security and arena people watching for flashes. There was an announcement by Clay at the beginning, it even talked about taping over the flash with electrical tape!

It was full of acting, little vingettes; choir tacher is like older woman, alone, doesn't celebrate Christmas; the young boy takes to her. They go through scenes from her memory, when she was younger; sometimes Clay interacts in the vingette, hand someone a prop (handed them a cookie cutter). He's not a character but is involved, he oversees it all.

Angela's song was Angelaish. Started out restrained, then got much louder.

Hair - Elfe loves it; it is longer, spiked in top, spikes combed back slightly; reddish, lighter highlights, looks good. Not as dark as we've seen it sometimes. Fantastic.

Long suit coat, black pants, black collar shirt, no tie. Looks like clothing from The Insider.

Clay's the in charge; he's directing. Very theatrical. 3 sets, living room; kitchen, made cookies; wheeled table out w/ glasses, punch bowl - hurt video view.

The band is behind a transparent curtain in back. William Joseph is playing piano - just didn't open. Jacob, sax on one song; can't see the other musicians.

Not a crowd size to be ashamed of. Thinks probably 75% full.

She's really enjoying the show. Clay is so engaged by it all. Glowing, beaming, totally into it.

Someone near her spoke with someone from the venue who said it seats 2800, sold 2400.

---

From CB:

Clay talking now! What Christmas means to him. Sounds prerecorded

----

Clay is talking now... Christmas means...

Christmas is an opportunity to praise God, to ...family and friends... opportunity to give a gift to each person.. we are making a Joyful Noise for you!

---

Lots of applause after Clay Thanking people. Now sounds live...

---

Talking about why he loves the Joyful Noise Tour - it's his way of giving back to us and to thank God and others who have helped him. (This sounds like live talking, not pre-recorded.) Now introducing band members and backup singers.

---

GORGEOUS SUIT WITH BRIGHT RED TIEINTRO WILLIAM JOSEPH

---

An opportunity to praise God, to thank him, and for allowing him to do what he likes. To try his best to give a gift worthy to each person who helped him along. why he loves jnt so much. Thank god, dedicated to each of you. We make a joyful noise for you.

---

Well...I will say good night now...

will have more on FCA concert pages...'

I do have to say...that although i miss IBHFC and Silent Night...I am so Happy he sang Celebrate me Home...One of my very favorite songs...

THANK YOU CLAY....

cannot wait to see the clack of this.

I do think this was done for the stage so its best appreciated when the whole stage is seen. I hope we can get good shots of all the action. Sounds like the gave is a lot of production value...

can;t wait to see it all...

From the CH:

From Canuck2010 at CV:

Quote:

I'M BAAAACKKK!!!

I MET HIM! I TOUCHED HIM! HE HUGGED ME! I CAN NOW DIE A HAPPY WOMAN!!!

IT WAS WONDERFUL!! I LOVED THE STORY HE TOLD! IT WAS SWEET WITHOUT BEING MAUDLIN. HIS VOICE WAS FANTASTIC!

PANTS, JACKET, SHIRT, TIE OF GAHHHHH!!!

I AM FOREVER MORE IN LOVE WITH MR. CLAY AIKEN!!!

CLAY HAS WRITTEN A UNIQUE AND FUN CHRISTMAS MUSICAL AND I THINK HE SHOULD BE VERY PROUD. THERE WAS NOT ONE THING CHEESY IN THE ENTIRE SHOW! IT WAS WONDERFUL! THE LIGHTING, THE CAST, THE STORY- WELL JUST EVERYTHING WAS FIRST CLASS AND EVERYONE THERE ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY!

I WAS ATTENDING WITH 3 NON-INTERNET FRIENDS. THYE ALL SAID IT WAS FANTASTIC, CLAY WAS UNBELIEVABLE AND I WAS SO PROUD! wub.gif

NEW FUN SONGS TO DOWNLOAD! LOTS OF CLACK BEING GATHERED FREE REIN FOR CAMERAS AND HARDLY A FLASH TO BE SEEN.

I have so much to add - I haven't even told you about the M&G!! He wore the "bucket hat"!!!! ohmy.gif SmackBottom.gif I do love him anyways! He was scrubbed and friendly and I wouldn't throw him back even in a bucket hat!

He wore the same suit throughout as he was essentially playing the part of "director" - but oh what a suit! YUMYUMYUM! And at the finale "DSIAFCD" which was unfreakingbelieveable) he had changed into a fire engine red tie with the suit and we were dead!

I am so proud of you Clay! That's what I wished I had said!

Because of the change in the time of the venue, I had only one bloody mary and no dinner. It is now 1am and I last ate something 13 hours ago!!!

We were going to miss out on the Christmas ornaments because of the lateness of the M&G so Nick went and had them put aside enough for us! Nick is an absolute doll and looked yummy. He was totally in charge of the M&G and was charming and funny and we loved him. What an asset for Clay he is. Mary was there. Didn't see Jerome.

From the Official Fan Club. Jaymes Foster has given her permission for her message to be reposted, as long as it is quoted in its entirety. The original post is in The Man thread - JNT05 Clarifications (Jaymes Foster) on the OFC message board.

It's been very interesting, after being gone from the boards for so long, to return to read the posts regarding Joyful Noise 2005. I know that there is a good chance that there will be a lot of contention after I make my comments, but Clay suggested that I go for it, so I will.

By working with Clay throughout his writing, directing, and rehearsing process, I have had a great opportunity to watch the evolution of this show, and understand the motivation of the concept and story arch that Clay has created. Please understand that these "notes" I give are not intended to tell anyone how to view the show. We all know that Clay would want each person to interpret it their own way. However, there are a few things that I have noticed while reading the posts on here that I feel might benefit from some clarification and insight into the true storyline of the show.

(1) There seems to be an interpretation, from what I have read, that Clay acts as the "director" of the show. In fact, this is not the intention. In truth, Clay, Angela, Jacob, and Quiana all play the role of "guardian angel" type characters who look after Beverly. Clay is a "lead angel" of sorts, and as you see him in the "flashback" scenes where Beverly is younger and she is meeting her husband for the first time, he has been with Beverly for her entire life. He was there in the dance hall and placed the ornament on the tree for her husband to give to her. He was there in the room when she and her son made cookies together when he was a child. He was there when she made cookies with Tommy. It's his character's work that allows Beverly to see that Christmas should be celebrated even without family present. In a sense, his character brings Tommy to Beverly's doorstep.

(2) This show IS Clay's personality. As someone who has been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to get to know Clay, I honestly can say that his personality shows through the words and acts of the characters more so perhaps than any other way we have seen. For me it was a tough thing to get used to, as well. As the rehearsal process progressed, I thought myself that this show may be lacking the "banter" and conversational style that we have all grown so accustomed to with Clay. I mentioned this to him, and he was very adamant that he wanted this show to be different. He knew that it would be a change, but he really wanted to try to express himself in a different way. It was, and still is, very important to him that his message, his script, and the storyline that he worked so hard on be heard through the characters on stage. It's a change. But it's what he wanted.

I know that for the most part, I am writing this to people who do grasp the concepts I talked about above. I'm sure many of you caught on and interpreted these elements in the way that they were intended by Clay. However, many comments that I have read are to the contrary, and Clay tells me that this message board is the best way to get the word out.

I think that it's important that we allow Clay to grow and develop as an artist. I know that it would concern him if he thought that people were not pleased by the show that he has worked so hard on. (And trust me, he worked harder on this show than he has on almost anything else.) But he would also be disheartened to think that his fans, who are of the utmost importance to him, have come to expect so much of him that they are unwilling to allow him to try something new.

I'll prepare for the imminent backlash, but...On his behalf, I encourage you to watch this show for what it is. Not a simple concert, but a full WORK.

Pay close attention to the characters. Pay close attention to the dancers. Pay close attention to the "backflashes" (shown in red lighting). They say so much about both Clay, and the story he wants to tell you.

This show is an entire piece of art that Clay has crafted for you, that can't be enjoyed in pieces, but must truly be enjoyed as a whole in order to be appreciated.

Jaymes Foster