How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

So I’ve been sitting here with my high risk hubby for the last 10 months waiting for the time we can be safe again. We get an alert from his school that he can finally get the vaccine on Thursday! Now he gets a text saying out of 70 that want the vax only 40 can get one .. I’m like what?? He better get it, they’re going back full on after spring break in March! 

Oh and btw, how did the groundhog see it’s shadow? It’s snowing out east this morning 😬

merrieeee, I heard about Capt. Moore.  That is so sad.

Mik, I hope your husband can get the vaccine!  It really is a clusterf**k with the distribution; every state is on their own, and no one is cooperating.  Well, that's because we had a President who thought cooperation was a dirty word, and his followers are still thinking like that.  Grrrrrrr.

34 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

merrieeee, I heard about Capt. Moore.  That is so sad.

Mik, I hope your husband can get the vaccine!  It really is a clusterf**k with the distribution; every state is on their own, and no one is cooperating.  Well, that's because we had a President who thought cooperation was a dirty word, and his followers are still thinking like that.  Grrrrrrr.

For sure.. that Greene lady is giving me an aneurysm

Wow,  this guy on the podcast tomorrow seems like quite the intellectual. Should be fun to see how Clay does with him!

I’m a little intimidated to ask a question 😜

6 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Rep Kinzinger R-Illinois

1st Repub to vote against Trump, he’s on the View. I’m so proud of him- I love brave people 🥰 Ldyj I would live in your state just for your politicians!

He is one district north west of mine, and I applaud him standing up now. He got in via the Tea Party sweep in 2010, but he has changed his tune, at least as far as 45 goes. The guy in my district is an ass kisser, Darin LaHood. His dad, Ray LaHood, was a “good” Republican...who ended up being Obama’s Secretary of Transportation.  In this case, the apple fell far from the tree.  

Meghan is right. So pathetic how they are terrified to do the right thing and just lambast this Qanon chick once and for all! 

Ldyj.. that is interesting. I love my governor, good man. He was a highly respected teacher in the town I went to college in. And of course, I love my Sen. Amy K.  Every state has some good and bad, both of our states looking pretty good tho 😃

I’m just sitting here hoping for a podcast 😅

9 hours ago, merrieeee said:

I’m in Texas...no comment on the politicians here or I’d throw up!

I just read an article that Ted Cruz, who is a huge fan of the movie The Princess Bride is in a twitter feud with one of the stars, Cary Elwes.  Kinda shows his priorities, doesn't it?

I’m staying under my blankie today🥶

3A6670D8-390F-46B3-8AA7-5D929EF8F4FF.thumb.png.a64de1d107e8498d43832f1145a56eef.png3A6670D8-390F-46B3-8AA7-5D929EF8F4FF.thumb.png.a64de1d107e8498d43832f1145a56eef.png

Good news though- my DH got his shot yesterday! Well, they just want their golf coach back this spring.. hard to do that virtual!

In our bubble that just leaves me and my son IL left to get it, I fear that may be awhile 

It is a little warmer here but strong wind makes it feel very cold. Glad I do not have ski patrol today.

I have had my two vaccines and my DH had his first last week. I did not have any side effects except for a sore arm.  When I go into a patient room and they have their mask off I ask them to put it on. I tell them I am old!

Right now it is 18 degrees, and dropping. It is also snowing. Tonight the snow stops but the temps fall, and it single digit high temps allnext week.

gbmifan, glad you got both of your shots!  It will be a while still for my husband and I. I will probably get mine first as an employee of a college. My husband, being an unemployed college student...who knows?

gbm, you tell em! I think we will be wearing masks for some time yet, til we hit herd immunity at least.

The only person I have heard that didn’t have a reaction with the second dose so far is my 28 yr old daughter.. breezed right thru both times. 

I, on the other hand, have a 2nd shingles shot to look forward to this month😖

Listening to the podcast today- Maybe Clay knows this girl well but when he drops the A bomb a couple times he seemed a little embarrassed..also, don’t think it’s a really good idea to say that some of his past guests were boring 😂 Even if it was true!

Word of the Day: APANTHROPY - a love of solitude, an aversion to spending time with other people

Word of the Day: APANTHROPY - a love of solitude, an aversion to spending time with other people

Second Word of the day is 'obganiate' (17th century): to be tediously repetitious; to annoy by saying the same thing over and over.

• Haha 2