How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Brilliant.

That’s the way politics should be. Every person in America should listen to this podcast..informative, engaging, respectful and funny. {who in their right mind could believe a vaccine causes boobs to shrink?!!} I loved Clay’s response- I wouldn’t mind if mine got a little smaller, hahaha 

435CF1D2-4131-45FC-94E2-654EC2D4374C.thumb.png.bfe813f337c305ef2140f6929e78b006.png

My favorite past interview with Scottie. I bet she’s a closet claymate.. how could you not be? He looked delicious!

I bet. Publicity.. if you’re going to do a political news show, got to talk the smack.  I totally agree about Caitlyn. Who the hell is going to vote for you? Liberals aren’t going to vote for a Trumper just because of who you are.. and the conservatives sure the hell aren't 🙁

1 year ago I started looking Clay back up. The first picture I saw was the ad for the 2018 Broadway Xmas show and I was like ‘Why the hell does Clay look 70 when he should only be around 40?! Shock to the system, Not a fan really-kinda grew on me though.. dang, the guy can make anything look cute. 🤷‍♀️

Re: the hair.  Yes, it's a shock to the system.  But, I always said "it's only hair," and I still believe that.  I think he looks good no matter his hair color.

As for the political stuff....yeah, it does seem that he's more open to talking about this stuff again.  I think part of it is convenience, in regards to his being a celebrity who has gone through the entire political process, and it's easy for media to connect the dots to other celebrities doing the same thing.  The drag queen news thing though is new, and I like that.  To me, that's more about adding to his resume.  Hopefully, his resume will be good enough to get him a political pundit gig or two again.

I was talking to a huge Trump supporting Q- anon(er) the other day and she told me that she loved the series ‘Pose’ on FX with Billy Porter. I was surprised and it really warmed my heart. I think Clay is tapping into something right now, with a news twist. IMO, I think this is going to be big!

Ldyj thanks for bringing the whole tmz interview, it was great- loved the HTHAWGGA plug!

According to a poster at CV, who lives in the Pittsburgh area and gets the local newspaper, Clay is going to be part of this celebration:

https://www.pittsburghclo.org/2021-summer

PITTSBURGH CLO'S 75th ANNIVERSARY:
A BROADWAY MUSICAL CELEBRATION

July 21 - 24, 2021
Guest stars, celebrities and some well known alumni will recreate more unforgettable CLO musical memories. Including AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, DREAMGIRLS, THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, THE COLOR PURPLE, IN THE HEIGHTS, THE STUDENT PRINCE, a special salute to Rodgers & Hammerstein and more.

And this looks to be something different!

Calissa Hamptons:  Broadway Out East

HOURS & LOCATION

Thursday, July 15th

First Seating: 5:00pm

Second Seating: 7:30pm

Calissa

1020 Montauk Highway  Water Mill

Clay Aiken

Recording artist and legendary star of American Idol S2, Clay Aiken graces the Broadway Out East stage in his sole concert of Summer 2021. 

Renowned for his soaring renditions of songs like “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Clay will hold your heart in his hands as the sincerity and power of his performance washes over you. 

It is truly rare to see Clay perform in such an intimate setting! 

Tickets will be released in mid June.

HA that’s great! I actually listened to that song a while back. I think Clay’s fans (including self) pretty much ignored the creepiness in that song 😜

I’m back from an off-the -grid camping trip. I get back and see that Clay is going to be doing some singing this summer.. yay! Glad to see it’s not going to be all news and politics for him. The NY venue looks like a beauty.  I hope like hell Clay will be in that area next spring, for any reason 🤞 that’s my tentative plan for future NY trip. I’ve never been there!

https://www.ticketfairy.com/event/broadway-out-east-clay-aiken-15jul2021/

This is for the Hampton's event.  Even at the cheapest prices, this would be an expensive evening (because you're also supposed to order dinner!).  Sounds like a great night, though.

I was just curious....this event is part of a weekly series.  The only other star that can charge those prices is Titus Burgess (from "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt" -- he's fantastic!).  Everyone else is at cheaper rates, some as much as a half the ticket price of Clay. I was really surprised that Brandon Victor Dixon is part of that less expensive group.  He slayed me with his portrayal of Judas in the live TV version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" a few years ago.

I also understand the Project's Karaoke tickets went on sale today as well....

Welcome back Mik!

• Thanks 1

I also was on a 10 day camping/biking trip.  First 5 days we were at a campground that had wifi, the next 5 days we were at a National campground so I was able to get my  4g to pick up once in awhile.  My traveling buddy got us tickets for Karaoke night.  After I rode yesterday I sent a text to see if we got in.  No response so I called her.  She had sent three text messages and they finally showed up 6 hours later.  I guess I was enough off the grid that it took longer.  I justify going to this because my airline voucher expires in December and I have not been anywhere for a long time.  DH did not care, so I am going. 

• Like 1

I too hope for some video!

New podcast is up:

From Wikipedia:

Irshad Manji (born 1968) is a Ugandan-born Canadian educator. She is the author of The Trouble with Islam Today (2004) and Allah, Liberty and Love (2011), both of which have been banned in several Muslim countries.[1][2][3] She also produced a PBS documentary in the America at a Crossroads series, titled Faith Without Fear, which was nominated for an Emmy Award in 2008.[1][4] A former journalist and television presenter, Manji is an advocate of a reformist interpretation of Islam and a critic of literalist interpretations of the Qur'an.

Her latest book, Don't Label Me (2019), proposes methods on how to heal political, racial, and cultural divides. The ideas in the book are related to the Moral Courage Project, which Manji founded at New York University in 2008 and expanded to the University of Southern California (USC) in 2016, when she was a senior fellow at the Annenberg Center on Communication Leadership & Policy.[5] After leaving USC, she founded Moral Courage College with the goal of teaching "young people how to engage honestly about polarizing issues rather than shaming or canceling each other".[6] Manji lectures on these themes as a senior research fellow with the Oxford Initiative for Global Ethics and Human Rights.[7]

OMG - these podcasts are just getting better each week.  Guests get smarter each week too!

I LUV when Clay gets involved more and I can’t turn the damn thing off, wafting for the next evil laugh or cutest thing to be said ❤️❤️

I cant figure out if I would rather whip Clay Aiken’s ass or just puncture his premise- eee both sound like fun 😝

Great podcast Abu Aiken!