How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Listening to some old radio interviews with Clay this morning while working....and found one that ended with them playing "Bring Back My Love."  

I'd forgotten how good that recording and song are.  Sigh.....

Amazing! I was just listening to that song on my google home yesterday, kept saying ‘repeat’ at least 3x! I too am impressed with that song.. when I heard it for the first time last year I thought it was a remake. Great Clay Aiken original! 😍

New podcast!

From Wikipedia: “Jacqueline Novogratz is an American entrepreneur and author. She is the founder and CEO of Acumen, a non-profit global venture capital fund whose goal is to use entrepreneurial approaches to address global poverty.”

This is so sad....Clay's beloved dog Raleigh has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQQ6t09Lydf/

Full text of comment:

Verified

Certainly didn't plan on two social media postings in a row to be about our girl, Raleigh. But our little lady was never content to be predictable.

As @amc4281 and I said goodbye to her yesterday, we were reminiscing about her life and adventures. Her voracious appetite FOR ANYTHING ... even if it wasn't edible... led to more moments of anxiety and excitement than anything.
Back around 2007 or 2008, she decided that the fake red berries on the Christmas garland wrapped around the bannisters looked tasty... so she ate not only the plastic berries but the thin metal wire inside the garland also. 🤦🏻‍♂️ We rushed her to the emergency room where the vet looked at the x-rays with grave concern about how huge the piece of wire was and how deep into her gut it had gotten. He would need to operate -- cut her open and get it out -- because he said there was no way it would pass its way out on its own, and in the very slim chance that it did, it would certainly tear her intestines on the way out.
We left her with the vet and I felt real stress and anxiety about the little girl needing to be anesthetized and cut open -- I remember thinking we would go get dinner and then come back and wait, though I was way too worried to eat. But, less than 20 minutes after we left the hospital, as we turned into the restaurant, the phone rang. It was the hospital. I truly panicked. I was sure that calling so soon could not be good news.
The vet came on the line and said "You can come on back now..." -- my heart dropped before he finished the sentence -- "... I absolutely can't believe it, but she just passed it on her own, and there's no damage to her system" 🎉.
He was impressed. I was relieved. She was already hungry again. 😂

Raleigh was a TOUGH little lady... But she was also sweet and smart. She traveled America with me and had more fans than I did from it.
Almost 18 years of eating and love from her for @amc4281 and me and scores of others who helped care for her and recieved her love in return. Thanks to some really caring folks at @lapofloveveterinaryhospice of the Triangle she was able to pass at home in her own bed with her brother, Durham, also by her side. 💙

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.18.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.18.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.18.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.19.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.19.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.19.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.19.36 AM.png

• Sad 1

5A0E2C36-49DE-4B16-AD63-CD215E68602E.thumb.png.fac0ab18884be7a0760e2b6ff8b14c8e.pngSome idiot sent this out today on my hubbys phone on a Father’s Day text chain , someone unknown to us, friend of his brother.

I was irate.. too many morons in this world.. ever heard of IVF?? 🤪 But then I thought, I bet Clay would find it funny (or make it harder to see that other side) 😬

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.  Taking vacation time!  Went to Springfield Illinois for a day trip to visit the Abraham Lincoln Museum on Monday.  There is a special exhibit on Illinois musicians there, and we had a blast!  

The rest of the time has been cleaning and purging in the house.  I'm going through all my previous fandom collections -- Star Wars, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who, plus lots of just special magazines, and am offering them to people I know on Facebook.  

Good Morning America is doing a special on LGBTQ issues, called "Who is Making LBGTQ History Now."  Right now it's nomination time, and Clay has nominated T Cooper, transgender husband of Allison Glock (Clay's cowriter).  https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/making-lgbtq-history-now-gma-inspiration-list-2021-78028120#music

Clay Aiken nominates T Cooper

T Cooper's creative mind makes me laugh; it makes me feel, and even more, it makes me think. He is an author, television writer, journalist, filmmaker and a professor at Emory University. But beyond the classroom, his groundbreaking work pushes boundaries both in print and on screen.

His feature-length documentary, Man Made, is a stunning portrait of modern masculinity that traces the lives of four transgender men as they prepare to step on stage at the only all-trans bodybuilding competition in the world. Hands down, it is the most powerfully affecting film about transgender individuals I've ever seen.

Transgender himself, T has an incredible talent for explaining transgender issues and making the subject accessible to all audiences. His Young Adult novel series, Changers, which he wrote with his wife and writing partner, Allison Glock-Cooper, is amazing as a literary work and should be used as a Masterclass example for all activists, advocates and allies on how to educate and enlighten others about the importance of empathy and acceptance.

I missed u 😘

i looked up T Cooper a couple of months ago when I saw that Clay had attended his book signing a couple of years ago in NYC, when T was selling his book. I remembered that Allison was the one who worked with Clay on his book. Their story is amazing! How they met and fell in love and she has two young girls, and how they are working it all out.  What a great story.. I have to think they will be picked for the show!

O and I miss that Clay guy too 

FINALLY! Clay and I are batting from both sides of the plate..

I also identify as Bidensexual!

🤣🤣

Clay saved this podcast for me, when he brings the funny. No matter how much you want to see both sides, there’s only so many times you can bash your head against the wall before you just say ‘ouch screw it’

just wanted to say I luv u all and I luv Clay Aiken.. going off the grid again for a week. I hope Clay doesn’t do too much without me 😉

Mik, I hope you have a great time "off the grid."

I tried, I really tried, but this was the first podcast I couldn't finish.  The guest was just too eye-roll inducing and frustrating for me.  I'm sure Clay did great with him, and I do miss hearing Clay try to reign this guy in, but I just couldn't do it.  Sorry Clay!

Dang, I knew it.. she’s been missing days on the show these last few weeks. Rumors have been flying on social media. Not saying she totally deserves it, but a little.. she gets a lot of crap on that show surrounded by progressive women. Is she leaving for her mental health? That’s my guess.

*in a nearby town w WiFi- still on vacay in the sticks, having some fun :))

Have fun Mik4clay. Hope the weather is nice.

We are planning to get our 2 baths redone. Not every single thing as we have replaced light fixtures, towel racks, toilets, mirrors and the floor in the small bath. I did choke at the price for the master bath at 30k and thats with vinyl flooring and keeping the vanity. I may be old fashioned but why would anyone need a 5x8 foot shower? And no tub. 

Mik, I hope you are having a great time.

Fear, my husband loves his baths, so I would have a hard time to convince him to get rid of a tub.  Me, though? I am starting to get old enough to see the beauty of only having a walk in shower.  It would be really nice to not have to step over the tub and possibly fall, and I love a roomy shower.  However, we redid our bathroom over 10 years ago, and we have too many other things at this point to redo in our house.  The roof just got replaced, working on paying that off. Next will be redoing our live in basement, I think.

New podcast is up.