How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

3 hours ago, jmh123 said:

The place where Clay is singing, the Blue Note, is an old and highly respected Durham institution. To see him get respect there gives me a thrill on top of That Voice.

OK, speaking of dealing with stuff, I googled the history, and this Blue Note isn't all that old. And I can't remember now what city an old club called Blue Note was in that I drove by from time to time. 

23 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

One of the band members for last night posted his own video. 

https://www.facebook.com/therealWillEllis/posts/10102510266642982

Idyjocelyn, thanks for posting.  

Funny, after finally hearing Clay sing during this campaign, I'm recalling  article     https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/clay-aiken-running-for-congress-north-carolina-american-idol-1235150932/

here's  excerpt ...

" Finally, in 2014, you said that you would not sing while you were on the campaign trail. Do you expect to maintain that pledge for this campaign?

Well, I’m not going to make the pledge during this campaign. I don’t really think of many instances where I would want to hear someone sing when they were running for office. But if we find ourselves in a situation where truly that’s what people want to hear, then, you know, I may not say no as adamantly this time as I did last time. I’m certainly not looking for opportunities to do it. You know? Can you think of a time where you would want to hear a politician all the sudden bust into song? In the middle of the State of Union address, is that what you’re talking about? It would be very odd, right? I don’t know where the setting would be organic enough for that to happen. But we’ll see. I don’t see it happening, let me put it that way. I don’t see anybody asking me to.  "

Well, I hope he gets more requests, and finds lots more organic settings after this !!!  😄

• Like 2

Clay did a short Instagram Live earlier today.  I saw a bit of it, but was busy getting food ready for tomorrow.  It was a group of girls singing -- and really well too.

New media on clayaiken.com  No sound on either, but it's also where the pictures posted earlier are from.  One is a smaller version, one is better quality.  My guess is that they will be used for ads for Clay.

Smaller version:  

Larger version:  

Val Foushee is definitely a person of integrity but it was politically naive of her to accept this much money from them. Clay's name has risen to the top, symbolically speaking anyway, after this news.

https://thehill.com/news/campaign/3271514-progressives-rescinding-endorsement-of-nc-congressional-candidate-over-aipac-donations/

In a statement on Sunday, the caucus said it will no longer support North Carolina state Sen. Valerie Foushee in her bid for the House because she accepted donations from AIPAC, which has endorsed Republican candidates who objected to the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.

The Progressive Caucus said AIPAC “made significant donations” to Foushee’s campaign, with the funds making up more than half of the campaign’s entire quarterly fundraising.

Former “American Idol” star Clay Aiken and Durham County Commissioner Nida Allam — the first Muslim-American woman ever elected to public office in the Tar Heel State — are also running for the Democratic nomination.

Thanks jmh!  Foushee kinda screwed up there, didn't she?  I'm hoping that she and Allam cancel each other out.

Democratic women's candidate forum.  Clay wasn't able to attend, and recorded something that is played at the end of this video.  Foushee also didn't attend.  

Thanks for posting! I caught the very end. LOVE how they are spreading the message.. so true that his vocal talent was a spark to get attention for what this man can really do for the people. A special one that Clay Aiken is. Ruben coming to sing for his brother! I hope there will be video (or even better a duet on video) 😉

That was a really great interview yesterday.  It was a good balance of his entertainment career and why he entered politics.  "Action not activism."  LOVE IT.

Clay gets a brief mention in this Washington Post article (I've gifted it so everyone should be able to read it).

The Most Interesting Democratic Primaries of 2022

A race to the left in North Carolina: In North Carolina, a House seat is open in a newly redrawn — and heavily Democratic — district. Since the winner of the primary is likely to be the next member of Congress, this wide-open primary is where we’ll see the real competition. The top candidates are playing to their firsts: Democrats could go with Nida Allam, the first Muslim woman elected to public office in the state, or Clay Aiken, the former “American Idol” contestant who has run for Congress once and says he wants to be the South’s first openly gay congressman. The primary is May 17.

• Thanks 1