How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Another long one, this from the N&O. Clay is mentioned throughout, and gets pride of place as first to be discussed, but the article is not hugely encouraging about his chances, in Durham anyway.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article260319695.html

I tried to copy it over, but it was just one long paragraph.

Apparently they have not, Mik4clay. I would love to know as well. Clay mentioned somewhere that they were doing some internal polling, but he never said how that turned out. Maybe that's why the focus on Durham for the last few weeks. The N&O article seemed to think Durham was a focus as well. There's a bunch of places besides Durham in that district, but maybe that's where there's the greatest concentration of voters? I think of Orange County is equally large, but it probably isn't.

I'm glad you read the whole thing. I thought it was really thorough and informative. Bottom line, though, is that everyone in the article is just giving their opinion. I admit to being discouraged that the N&O didn't come down harder on Val for her unsavory PAC money. Which reminds me, I don't watch TV often but I guess I'll have to start if I want to see the ads. I hope somehow they can get the word out about Val without turning people off. Tricky tricky.

30 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Thanks beanerknits!

If you donated to Clay's campaign in the past week (in regards to his ad buy), check your email.  

Love the message, and love that Diane was part of it.

Classic Clay...clear, simple, to the point, touching, and  I feel stands out from other's ads I've seen so far...And memorable!!

• Like 1

FYI, some have asked about the "rankings" on this board.  Scroll over the little rocket icon on your portrait picture to see your ranking.  

The ranks used to be determined by the number of posts you've made on the board.  Looking at the admin portal of the board now, it may be because of "points," which I think you get if people like your posts as well as your own posting!

Anyway, here's the ranks:

• Everyone starts off as a carwasher
  • 50 points -- body guard
  • 501 points -- personal manager
  • 1001 points -- Executive Producer
  • 2501 points -- Chairman
  • 5001 points -- Stylist
  • 7500 points -- Babysitter
  • 10,001 points -- Campaign Manager

Rank? Only a bodyguard? Wow.. you think I would be a lot higher up since I pretty much parked myself right here during the pandemic 😂

I loved that interview! Clay: ‘You can kiss both cheeks of my ass’ haha, oh honey, don’t tempt me 💋

🤣 He’s too cute

25 minutes ago, Mik4clay said:

Rank? Only a bodyguard? Wow.. you think I would be a lot higher up since I pretty much parked myself right here during the pandemic 😂

I loved that interview! Clay: ‘You can kiss both cheeks of my ass’ haha, oh honey, don’t tempt me 💋

🤣 He’s too cute

You only need to post 14 more times to make it up to Personal Manager!

Me, on the other hand, have been here for so many years and with so many posts....

Just popping in to say hi!  I have not been posting because totally out of the blue my daughter was diagnosed with tongue cancer!  It really threw us for  a loop I can tell you.  After seeing docs in the hometown we had an appointment on Monday at MD Anderson arguably the best cancer hospital in the country! Well today they did surgery  and removed the lesion. it turns out that it has not spread so if the final path comes back clear next week she is home free! No radiation and no chemo.  These guys are wonderful, such teamwork to get this done for her in 4 days. A lot of meetings and tests.  She has not eaten or drunk anything for a couple of weeks!  Tonight she actually spoke without being pain! This type of cancer does not spread so all is good. What a relief! I wish I drank!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for checking in merrieeee, and I pray for continued recovery for your daughter!  That had to be scary, but I'm glad the best doctors were there for you and her.  Please keep us posted, and let her know that we're thinking of her!

More from FB, this time from the church service.  Video of Clay singing!  Starts at about the 16 minute mark with Clay.  https://www.facebook.com/stmarkameziondurham/videos/1073030163248448

That church video just made my heart happy..8 words in the song, even Clay can’t forget the lyrics to that one! I also love that he’s the only white guy in the room..Ruben won, but that white boy can sing! LOL

Merrieeee- 🙏🏻 Praying for your daughter

Thanks  for all the good vibes I felt coming our way! We’re  home!  Shes finally asleep without any pain meds!  Thursday morning her pain on a scale of 1-10 was at least a 12! Today she says it’s a 2! 

• Like 2