How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

A Broadway World article about Clay hosting the Triangle Rising Stars show.

BWW Review: 2022 Triangle Rising Star Awards at DPAC

The Clay part:

This year, local singing sensation Clay Aiken returned to host. He was working the crowd all night and getting into the fun of the evening. His enthusiasm for the Triangle Rising Stars program was infectious and it was great to see someone who clearly cares so much about the local theatre community hosting.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Wow! What a great article. His ideas are very realistic.

if he doesn’t win, think he’ll come to my state to run??

Idyjocelyn, just saw this also, and you beat me to posting it here!!

Anyway, i caught myself smiling when I read it, because I recall Clay mentioning (when he mentioned, during heartbeat, that he will be a realist and a pragmatist about it.  Gee, I'll stress out so much  less if I can adopt that attitude.

Cheri Beasley has won the Democratic primary for Senator by a huge margin. She has the best chance to beat the Republican competition, who will surely be a hard right person. 

ETA, yup, Ted Budd, endorsed by Trump, will be her challenger. Former Governor McCrory, who used to run Duke Energy and brought us coal dust pollution, was considered to be "too liberal."

3 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Well at least it looks as if Madison Cawthorne is toast.  Thank God.

Praise Jesus.

Im watching my man Steve Kornacki on msnbc ❤️

I’m depressed about what we are seeing for Clay 😢 But lets just hope Oz

stays in the lag.. I don’t think my heart could take a win for that SOB 🙄

• Like 1

Not to rub it in, but it needs to be "official" here. From CNN (you have to scroll to get to the article, so I'm copying it here).

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/primary-election-results-pennsylvania-north-carolina-2022/index.html

Ex-American Idol star Clay Aiken loses Democratic primary in North Carolina's 4th Congressional District

From CNN's Rachel Janfaza

Clay Aiken speaks during Politicon in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2019.
Clay Aiken speaks during Politicon in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2019. (Jason Kempin/Getty Images for Politicon)

Clay Aiken, widely known for his stint on "American Idol," has lost the Democratic primary race in North Carolina’s 4th Congressional District, CNN projects.

Aiken will finish behind state Sen. Valerie Foushee, the projected nominee, as well as Durham County Commissioner Nida Allam in the race to succeed retiring Democratic Rep. David Price. 

While running, the former reality television star highlighted issues like income equality, access to health care and climate change while promising to focus on infrastructure and inflation if elected.

Millions of dollars were spent in the race and Foushee, for her part, benefited from spending by Protect Our Future, the super PAC funded by cryptocurrency billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried, and the United Democracy Project. 

Aiken previously ran to represent North Carolina's 2nd Congressional District in 2014. He lost to Republican incumbent Rep. Renee Ellmers.

Clay, I am very proud of you.  You continue to shine the light on dark things, like money in politics.  You ran a really good campaign, and my wish is a) you take a well deserved vacation; and b) you do what makes you happy going forward.

And a report from Sweet Carolina Girl, who was also in Raleigh last night:

Good morning, everyone. I thought I should give a report about the Election Night party.

The doors opened at 7, and there were some of the campaign workers present. The ones we interacted with the most were Mark, who is college student, and a high school girl who looked and acted much more mature than her age.

They brought in lots of pizza, and we did our best to wipe it out. Haha. There was a concession stand where we could buy drinks, and many did. I was happy to see my favorite Diet Coke was available. 🙂

There were several tvs set up, and we checked on the returns as they came in both there and on our phones.

There was a small group of fans there - about 15. We all recognized each other from previous events. We stood inside and sometimes sat outside waiting for what might happen. The weather was lovely, and we all waited patiently or impatiently, but we werent going anywhere.

There was a press area and a podium set up. There was a reporter and a cameraman there for a while.

After the race was called, we all stayed - well, the press people left - and Clay came in at 8:40. Although he tried valiantly to stop us, we all clapped and cheered mightily for him. He greeted each of us with a hug and gathered us around him. He said, and I quote, This is the speech, folks. He told us he had never been a sore loser and wasnt one now. He said he was ok and not to worry. He ran his fingers through his unruly, luxurious hair - which had a lot of beautiful silver in it - and said the first thing he was doing was - quote - taking care of it - unquote - including dying it some color, most likely green. He said he would wear a wig for Drowsy, so he didnt have to worry about that.

He talked about various political races and others who were running, and he was both candid and delightful. He talked with us like we were old friends, which I guess we kind of are.

We are all sorry about the results, but time goes on, and hes still our guy.

PS - I am so sorry about the lack of quotation marks around Clays words and the missing apostrophes. Im doing this on my phone, and dagnabbit, it wont let me include them.

• Thanks 1