Baseball

Jen

Oooh, I suppose I should probably slink in here quietly since I'm a Red Sox fan and there are already a few Yankee fans in the house. I'm not all up on the rivarly stuff, but I won't exactly jump up and down and scream for the Yankees anytime soon.

With all that said, the team that's really number 1 to me is the Toronto Blue Jays. Even if they aren't exactly winning wonders on the field this year. I can't help but supoport them and cheer them on even if they are right at .500. I'm a child of the 90s and I grew up watching Jays games and when the Jays won the World Series in 92 AND 93, it pretty much marked my childhood as one of the greatest moments evar.

Edited by sunburstoflight

Here's something for you Yankee fans...there is now a Yankee I will root wholeheartedly for. His name is Joba and he was a member of one of the greatest couple of teams that UNL ever had! He has a great attitude and a great story.

Just so you know...I loved him first! :RedGuy:

th_GvfATrQl.jpg

Edited by jamar1700

Yay Cleveland. I can't help it..I play hate the Yankees. But you better believe I sweat every time Jeter comes to the plate.

Sorry Phillie fans! But Colorado is a good story too.

Actually I'm so happy for some new blood in the playoffs.

YSRN...Dusty was doing color analysis for the Yankee game on KNBR. Soon as I turned on the radio I went.hey that's Dusty! I think he does a pretty great job on ESPN...and he was doing great on the radio too.

Wow, Kenny Lofton. How old is he anyway. heee... 4 RBIs all coming with 2 outs. Talk about clutch.

Yay Cleveland. I can't help it..I play hate the Yankees. But you better believe I sweat every time Jeter comes to the plate.

Sorry Phillie fans! But Colorado is a good story too.

Actually I'm so happy for some new blood in the playoffs.

YSRN...Dusty was doing color analysis for the Yankee game on KNBR. Soon as I turned on the radio I went.hey that's Dusty! I think he does a pretty great job on ESPN...and he was doing great on the radio too.

Wow, Kenny Lofton. How old is he anyway. heee... 4 RBIs all coming with 2 outs. Talk about clutch.

It's hard for me to root for Cleveland...since they are in our division and really beat up on us this year. It's just hard to switch gears like that. Not to mention that Travis Hafner skeers me.

Rats, I missed Dusty!

I like Kenny Lofton. I don't even know who he's playing with right now.

I don't know what's wrong with me (maybe it's because I haven't kept up this year!), but I haven't been watching any of the games. I better cut that out...I'll miss it when it's over!!

baseball.gif

I'm glad you think Colorado is a good story, Couchie! They were in the playoffs only once before, and won just one game. Now they're 2-0, and have the next game in Colorado. It's pretty exciting in Denver right now! This Phillies could rally, but so far it doesn't look like that will happen. You never know until the final inning of the final game, though!

I didn't even know this thread was here....whoo-hoo!!!

...or maybe that's 'Wahoo'...I'm an Indians fan. (sorry jamar) I once finished filling out my income tax papers while sitting in the stands watching a game in Cleveland. It was a good day. They won and I got the forms mailed by midnight.

It's been awhile since I've been this excited about a season. :RedGuy:

YSRN wrote:

I like Kenny Lofton. I don't even know who he's playing with right now.

...the Indians picked him up for the third time in his career, sometime in July (I think) of this year.....and I like him too

I'm an Indians fan. (sorry jamar)

Oh...no problemo. Just a friendly little interdivision rivalry w/the Indians...not nasty like with the Bitch Sox. Cheering for the Tribe is made easier when they're playing the f'in-yankees. In fact I surprised myself by punching my fist in the air and yelling "Kronk!!!" when he got the winning hit. :rolleyes:

AHA!!! You do not use your View New Post link....tsk tsk tsk....

:cryingwlaughter:

Colorado may be a good story - but not as good as the Phillies! Imagine how cool it would be for a team to both lose it 10,000th game and win the world series both in the same year!

They Phillies have been left for dead before and come back.

And they have their almost 45 year old pitcher going tonight! That would be yet another good story!!

Of course, they'll probably lose but there is always hope.........

hey claygasm... it's tough being a sports fan huh. With my team... they'd always be left for dead in the first half of the season, mount an inspiring second half push to make the playoffs then get ousted in the first round. But no matter... we'll both be back next year rooting for them again.

It's kinda sad that i get pleasure from the Yankees losing. I'm sure Yankee fans don't care what everybody else feels about their team because they know that mgmt will try to field a winning team year after year. I'm also a Laker fan so despite the fact that they stink at the moment... it's fun being a fan of a winning franchise. I think many people rooted against them as well over the years. Well especially the Kobe/Shack Championship Lakers.

It will be interesting to see what happens to all tose free agents and Joe Torre.

And it will be fun to see the playoffs move on. Not sure who I'll root on..it's kinda fun to just enjoy the games with no rooting interest.

hellooooo

am I the only one still watching baseball...

I'm just curious because I'm so slow when it comes to pop culture..who is that guy doing the world series commercials?

Which guy?

I'm still watching....but apparently not close enough :cryingwlaughter:

Anywho...I'm now thinking I wouldn't mind a Rockies/Indians WS.

Two years in a row of middle of the country baseball! That'll show all you coasties! Hee.

heee Jamar, there's this guy that does commercials for the playoff series...

I've seen him at least 10 times.... he's basically promoting the games...remember one where he names all these young guys from Colorado ..then says like the stars of the future..watch it now,history is being made..you know...all that corny stuff. Keep your eye out..I saw him twice tonight already. I'll pay closer attention to the words. I just don't know who he is...I'm sure he's not some unknown.

OK it just came on again..he's really cute. heh.

There's only one post season. There's only one fall season. There's only one October.

heee Jamar, there's this guy that does

There's only one post season. There's only one fall season. There's only one October.

Bwah... I actually just caught the end of it and thought ...

I bet that's the spot couchies talking about

...but I didn't catch enough to see who it was.

Sorry. I'll try to focus.

heee Jamar, there's this guy that does

Bwah... I actually just caught the end of it and thought ...

I bet that's the spot couchies talking about

...but I didn't catch enough to see who it was.

Sorry. I'll try to focus.

good girl! hee

I have no horse in this race and I hate to take sides but damn if Colorado isn't impressing the hell out of me. Sorry diamondback fans. I lived through Oakland's 20 game streak and it was hella fun. But this is just amazing.