Baseball

Jen

Dane Cook

Click on the link for videos, and then find the one for MLB at the left hand side of the screen. Is that what you guys are looking for?

*dusts off librarian skills once again*

bwah..ok who is he and why do I have some feeling in the back of my head that I heard his name before through this damn fandom. Is he a comedian? Going to read...heee

thanks LdyJ

I have no horse in this race and I hate to take sides but damn if Colorado isn't impressing the hell out of me. Sorry diamondback fans. I lived through Oakland's 20 game streak and it was hella fun. But this is just amazing.

Colorado has done amazingly well! Denver is so excited to have a team in the playoffs. They're on an amazing winning streak - we'll see how long it lasts.

Sorry Gibby! I guess the Rockies peaked too early in the season but Boston played a great game last night.

Jeez, A-Rod opted out of his contract with the Yankees worth what, like $100M. Wonder where he'll go or who has the kind of money to pay him.

8 days off didn't help. They need to do something about that.

Somebody, some where, will give AROD that and more.

Heard sportcasters talking about where he may go, mentioned SF, LA and a 3rd that I can't remember. They quickly discounted the idea that he would go to SF because he wouldn't want to play in that stadium.

What's that about?

Somebody, some where, will give AROD that and more.

Heard sportcasters talking about where he may go, mentioned SF, LA and a 3rd that I can't remember. They quickly discounted the idea that he would go to SF because he wouldn't want to play in that stadium.

What's that about?

Not sure..because it's a great stadium..I guess the reason is that it's made for a left handed power hitter - a la Barry Bonds...and A-Rod is right handed...harder to hit those homeruns? YSRN will know.

Thanks for the condolences. You're right, the time off wasn't good. But that wasn't the only problem - they were simply outplayed. They had a fantastic season up to the series, but dropped the ball (no pun intended :P ) as soon as the series started.

Ah well, now we can look forward to AYSTAFG!

You know I'm sick of espn and its east coast bias. Does any team exist besides the yankees. That being said... if a lot of them are on the mitchell report...let's see how they report that.

I'm just curious... so far Roger Clemens is the biggest name being bandied about.

You know I'm sick of espn and its east coast bias. Does any team exist besides the yankees.

Why yes....apparently there is a team in Boston also. :cryingwlaughter:

Honestly ... when Bud uses the term "case by case" I know that none of the named stars will suffer. There is no way there will be punishment for the Clemens's of the sport. I'm watching Larry King Live, saw Mitchell, COO of MLB, among others and I still say the only one that even appears to have a shred of dignity left is Jose Canseco and you know it really pains me to say that. *g*

What I'm hearing now is MLB saying ....

There. Nasty business over. *sweepsweepsweep*

---

eta...Important point brought up by Mitchell...all of these players knew they were going to be named and were given the opportunity to respond before the report was released. Only one agreed to talk to Mitchell. He was able to disprove the allegations and therefore was not named.

you know, I joke about my team being a farm team for the rest of the league but when will it end. I'm tired of watching our players to be allstars elsewhere. And I'm tired of rooting for just the team colors..what about keeping players to build loyalty. Goodbye Nick Swisher.