Country Night...Top10

Ansamcw

Top 10 - Country Rawk Night

Waves to Clay over Ryan's left shoulder, looking appropriately somber.

Ryan, waving around an oversize cowboy hat - blah blah innuendo blah blah hair.

Olivia Newton John is the guest judge, and she turns out to be pretty much a non-entity. True confession - I remember a network show of her videos, including "Physical" in the early 80s. This was just before MTV started, and I had never seen anything like it before. Yes, I am a child of the 80s, and yes that makes me old, y'all.

Josh "Garth" Gracin - The song goes something like this: MummmbleMummbleRed head Mumble Mumble Pick up truck Mumble Mumble Ain't Goin' Down Mumble,,, It's very, um, energetic? And he wears a big black hat. And the brim seems to wobble around weirdly. He could be one of those male country singers who looks good in the hat, but that you now is secretly bald underneath. <*Cough Kenny Chesney / Dwight Yoakum Cough*> Anyway, the producers give Josh a buy with the switch from Disco to country this week.

Trenyce - is wearing a tent wrapped around her waist and tacked up in random places. She sounds terrible at the beginning of the song until she gets to the belting part. Just not good.

Kimberley - I Can't Make You Love Me. Still gaspy at the beginning of each phrase, but very cool and smoky. I listened to a JBT performance for comparison. Guess what? I like Clay's rendition better - I think his slower tempo gives the song a more melancholy, heart weary tone. I do dig KLo's version, but the breathing - bugs. Ryan wants to make out - mirror please!

Corey "Not Dolphin safe" Clark - Drift Away in a mesh shirt. Bo did this song better last year, without the high pitched squealing. No, I don't believe it - Ryan takes the opportunity to make some more gay jokes. Har Har.

Carmen - It starts out with a "C'mom y'all - Get on your feet". Only if it means I can flee the venue, sweetie. Squally and squatty. No bright red lipstick tonight, so that's a slight improvement. And what exactly are Wild Angels? Do they wear Black or White? And can they "prrriinnngg"?

Rickey - I can't figure out this song. It just seems to be all over the place, with a weird tempo. I didn't dig it.

Kimbermee - I think I made a very similar outfit for one of my Barbie dolls. It must eat poor Kimbermee up inside whenever she sees Carrie Underwear. "That should be meeeeee!"

Ruben - Sweet Home Alabama - How long until this year's AI5 Alabama contestant (Gray Haired Taylor) busts out this song? I mean, ya gotta sing it, right Bo? Ruben does a great job, even with the "Put your hands together". I thought for second ONJ said "you make me feel like an old woman inside"- oops, I guess that was actually "All warm inside". Paula denies being drunk, and Simon describes Ruben as infectious. He does seem quite sweet.

Julia "I stopped breathing 2 months ago" Demato - The background singers are very loud. Poor Julia just has no stage presence at all. And her denim? I can't stop shaking my head.

Carmen's surprise b'day party - Coke and cake. That will help clear those skin problems right up. She does get to be manhandled by Clay, though, so all in all I suppose it was a pretty good birthdayl.

Clayeeee - Someone Else's Star. Croonin' on a stool. Hope he doesn't get any Corey cooties. Is this the first time we've seen the 360 degree camera thing? An isn't he the only one who got it tonight? The camera operator really does love Clay. Let me watch that shot again. Start on his left side, with just a shy glance right into the camera. Moving counterclockwise, we get a nice shoulder shot. And when we get back around his right shoulder, another look to let us know he missed us. Sigh. He's soooo dreamy. The song itself? Kinda meh,but of course, well performed.

Overall, I kinda have to agree with Simon about this show. Because I'm not that familiar with the country genre, I had a harder time enjoying the songs.

Results show - Clay is wearing yet another blue shirt. Not that I'm complaining, especially after I see Ryan's jackety thing with some kind of leather chest guard. WTF?

A Randy speak dictionary - someone got paid to write this bit. That's just sad.

The kids' evaluations of each other. Just brimming with sincerity. I even felt like Clay was shoveling a little b.s. there.

Group song - Where the Black Top Ends - This is just campy and silly and fun and fluffy.

Considering Ryan was originally from Atlanta, you think he'd be able to do a more convincing drawl.

"What the World Needs Now" recording session. Timewasting audience questions (And honestly, who could play Clay in a movie? I wouldn't know what to say either.) A completely pointless and unimaginative Mustang 'n motorcycle pimpmercial. Ryan works the ticket line. "God Bless the USA" - this group really does sound good together. Carmen leeches onto Clay, who's already paired with Julia, leaving poor Rickey over to the side by himself.

Kimbermee, Julia, and Rickey in the bottom three. Julia goes home. Kimbermee seems to be genuinely distraught, or is sobbing with relief. Hard to tell. Many embarassing camera shots of her running eye-make. Why does no one ever have a tissue?

AI2 Country Rock

Couldn’t they get a country star? Most of contestants didn’t sing country. Guess they took the rock part more seriously.

Olivia Newton John was guest star. She somehow looks different than she did when she was younger. Plastic surgery anyone??????

Josh sang Aint Going Down Till The Sun Goes Up. Came out with Garth Brooks hat and looked very comfortable running into audience. Sounded good. Judges raved.

Trenyce sang I Need You in great green dress and black boots. She had blond highlights in her hair and nice bling bling. She looked good and sang soulful country. Judges liked it.

Klo sang I can’t Make You Love Me in a sultry voice. Ryan says it made him want to make out. Judges loved it and Randy said the best I’ve seen you.

Cory sang Drift Away, If one more person comes out, clapping shouting, C’mon y’all, I’m going to scream. No country clothes, or any suggestion of country. Dude, you don’t have to go all out. Judges very positive, Paula said very refreshing, especially the upper register.

Carmen shouted, C’mon you all, get on your feet. Were they going to play the National Anthem?????? She sang Wild Angels, but lost her twang on Country night? Can’t remember what judges said.

Rickey sang something, I’m dying today???? He wore a nice creamy faint plaid shirt. Colors like this shows off his color and his bright smile. Used upper register a lot and audience gave a big response. Judges raved, Mellow sweet honey, Immaculate pitch, pretty sweet song.

Kimmee sang Anymore. She was ok, entertaining. Judges liked her fire and confidence.

Reuben shouted put your hands together before he sang Sweet Home Alabama. (go on a cruise ship with southeners and you’ll hear this song a million times at karioke). Did a good job, even smiled. Simon said he was infectious.

Julia sang Breath, soft and mumbly. Judges said it was her best. It must have been hard to go on after her scathing criticism the previous week. But Clay was there to console her, kissing her during group songs and hugging and holding hands during Results Show. Hey Mr. Aiken, did she join your fan club? Does she regularly contribute to your charities? Does she do charity work, including Wrapping for Inclusion at a ToysRUs far away? Is she behind you in everything you do and what people do to you? Does she spend hours a day on the computer. following every news story or board message about you?

Oh, got carried away there. Sorry.

Last and never, never least, OMC singing the good ole country song, Wishing On Someone else’s Star. I wish he had done I’ve Got Friends in Low Places to knock everybody’s sox off, but no. Guess he doesn’t know how to swagger. His rendition was soft and full of longing. He got a standing ovation. Sweet smile. Judges said, very sweet, but identical to last week.

Results Show:

Filling Time to make 10 minutes into one hour show.

--Translating Randy’s comments into English.

--Talking about guest host and showing her comments.

--Asking some of the competitors about their fellow competitors. Clay said Reuben owns the stage and that Jlo’s song was haunting and you get sucked into her music.

--Questions from the audience (who cares????) One directed to Clay What movie star would you like to play you in a movie?

I think he said Ryan, and then turned to others and asked if they know someone from “yahoo????” who looks like him. Ryan brought to close by saying Brad Pitt.

--Group song: Where the sidewalk Ends. Clay paired with Trenyce.

I’m Proud to be an American (going to be a patriotic song to be sold for the troops?) Clay kissed Julia and Klo teared up.

--Bert Bacharack made out new arrangement for What the World Need Now is Love, Sweet Love and the group will make another single(this benefits the Red Cross). He told group to make it sensitive and asked Clay to sing first. Clay was happy to get a signed sheet of music, gonna show friends.

Everyone was saved but 3, Kimmee, Julia and one other, Corey, Rickey????. Some thing happened to my download, so I will have to find out from other reviews. Bye!

:blink:

Top 10 Country Night

Clay looking so serious and earnest behind Ryan...He was so cute...

Country/rock as a theme really didn't work...as usual they scream once Clay's names are mentioned.

Olivia Newton John...I really used to like her songs and loved her in Grease...but they really should've gotten another singer that was really seen as a country star. She was also kinda dull as a judge.

Josh...Ain't going down till the sun goes up..I guess he was the most country in this show and this show was made for him. Vocally, he was not that good, it got covered by the fast lyrics, he was pitchy, not really getting on top of his high notes. The performance was fun though. The judges comments were all tepid.

Trenyce...I need you...OMG...this was her worse performance, her low range was terrrible and she looked so scared. She was never on tune she was pitchy all through out...and I can't beleive she couldn't get the high notes. WOW that is the most terrible performance of hers and she looked scared too. The outfit is a little unusual but I liked it on her. Trenyce really looked very pissed during the judges comment even when they tried to be nice

KimL...I can't make you love me...this is blues but not really country. Her voice is nice on it...perfect but man it sounds so souless now for me after Clay's version. Aha ...now I know where Clay got that arrangement of going up on Power...I guess I liked it when I first heard it but now it was not as passionate as I remembered. Simon was right that it was a beautiful song and great for Kim's voice but not really country/rock...Her look...her hair was great...liked the jeans but I wish she had a different top.

Corey...Drift away...eeeeewwww the mesh shirt. Again he is pitchy. He does have a nice tone to his vocie, but his control of his voice is not great...didn't Bo sing this in AI...liked that better. His shirt really skeeved me out but he was not bad. Paula stop the gushing please he will stab you in a back in a year or two. He didn't sound too bad and I didn't mind him on the mid range.

Carmen...Wild angels...I think this is one of her better perfromance cos she is so comfortable with the song...BUT vocally she is so off on a lot of her notes...she was below her top notes and even when she was wailing. Agree with randy tons of pitch problems but the performance was great, good stage presence.She looked really good though, very appropriate outfit for her age and the theme of the show.

Ricky...I don;t know this song.. this is not a good song choice, very boring and he was not on tune. Not on top of his notes. His upper register sounded strained...not a good performance IMO. tepid response from Ryan...don;t know what Olivia was hearing his pitch was not immaculate..he was on pitch but he is not getting the center of the notes so that it sounds a bit off. I agree with Simon...boring and nothing special.

Kim Caldwell...Anymore...Tried to sing a ballad and it really showed how pitchy she could be. But I thought she had a good passionate performance...the problem really is that she was so pitchy and it showed in this song. BORING song....Hey she got an SO from Randy and Paula...she did look beautiful. Simon was impressed wow.

Ruben...Sweet Home Alabama...I thought this was the most country rock song...I thought he really did very well with this song...very fun and vocals very strong. This was my favorite performance of Ruben. There are some pitchy moments in his voice though but you forget it since the whole performance is quite fun. Super pimping by the judges.SO from Randy and Paula...Simon also said infectious...I do agree, I think if Clay was not there I will definitely be a Ruben fan. I think he deserved it.

Julia...Breathe...this girl was scared. She was able to handle the mid range but totally having a hard time with the low notes and the upper range...was painful. She was like Trenyce...you can tell she wasn't sure of her perfromacne...but she was not able to cover it up with her stage presence. Simon was right it was one of her better performances but she did seem like she was trying too hard and didn't even make it.

Carmen's Bday...Clay looked so cute and natural...what a naughty boy.

Clay... someone else's star...one of his underrated performance...his voice was gorgeous here but he took the song too seriously and looked really so sad on that stool. TOo bad we didn;t have time for the judges comments because I thought they all gave him SO...I wish he chose INSTLYA.He was so cute standing there with Ryan.

ranking...

Ruben- I thought the song captured the theme better...and he was infectious on the song

Clay- Loved his vocals but I don't think it was the right song choice and he was just too sad looking. But he did sound lovely

Klo- great song for her voice

Josh- good performance

kimC.- good performance but very pitchy

Corey- just eeeewww but it was fun

Ricky- boring and I thoguht he was a bit off on his notes

Trenyce- worse performance ever for her

Julia - looked too scared and very pitchy

Carmen- good performance but her voice was just terrible

Results:

this was an intersting results show since I think its the first that is an hour long.

oh this is the one where they sing 3 group songs..and a clip with Burt bacharach

Ryan's jacket looks stupid. OMG that dictionary of Randy for dawgs is just lame...

Clay looking gorgeous...gah love him; wow love his answer about who did the best job..he sounded so intelligent and very sincere...of course he names his two best friends...

I think this is the show where they started to try to keep Clay from running away with the competition. I think they still wanted Clay in the finals since they still feature him a lot in the video clips and giving him questions to answer and prominent position in the couch...but they have started to show as much of his vulnerabilities as possible. I will always believe that he was way ahead in the votings.

I like the first group song...Where the black top ends....Clay did well on the choreography. The combination of Clay and Ruben's voice is really good. I would like them to record a duet...

The clip with Burt Bacharach was so cool...I love how he zeroed into Clay to make him start out the song...he knows great voice. I als olove what Clay said about the experience. Love how he says it has to come from a sensitive place...Clay start us off...and he does sing the song so sweet and tender.

Hee the who will play you in a movie...for Clay...are you available to Ryan..that's cute.

Eeeeewwww hated the mustang sally pimpmercial...but have to admit Kim C did a good job.

2nd group song...God Bless the USA....What is ricky doing all by himself in the side. There is Clay surrounded by two girls again. oh no gratuitous use of military men.

On the seal = Kim C; Julia; Ricky - back to the couch Ricky...gone - Julia

Ruben and Clay next to each other...love the camaraderie..Clay and Julia...another chance for some hugging..Clay giving Josh some support..

Yuck some more shots of Kim C crying..fameho!!!

Julia sang this song better tonight than on performance night. It was really nerves that made her sing so bad. She was not pitchy at all and had more passion singing...if she sang like this every week I think she defintely should've stayed longer than Carmen and Kim C.

reprise of GBTU. EWWW racoon eyes Kim C...not pretty at all.

Country Night! I'm a Texas girl and know what I like...and that was only one. AAAAAAAAARRRRRGH my EYES! There is a thing in a mesh shirt! What the HELL was he wearing? Why the heck is Paula wearing a weak ass "cowgirl" shirt? It's Olivia Newton-John (of that first wave of country pop from back in the seventies - which were barely country.)

This is Josh's genre - he does, "Ain't going down til the sun comes up". I've heard Garth do this - Garth is much better. Josh is just okay. Except for the howls at the end which were terrible. Paula is clearly not listening because that was not smooth. Olivia is also clearly not listening. Simon is so far out of his element he's drowning.

Trenyce tries "I Need You". She sounds really nervous and way breathy. She muddles the words, "I need you like murder." She has a nice tone but is clearly uncomfortable. She did have some serious weaves going on. Judges liked her, except for Simon who said it was her weakness performance so far, and I have to agree. It wasn't bad, she just wasn't in the groove.

KLo sings I Can't Make You Love Me. She singing too fast! Stop smiling! Where's the stool? Where S'von? I want Clay. It just doesn't sound good to me. Her interpretation is terrible! She's not even sad. Where's Clay? And I like KLo. Feh. The judges loved her. Simon is desperate for rock. Well Simon, you are just shit out of luck.

It's the horror known as Craggle singing the horror that was Uncle Kracker's Drift Away - and he messes up the word and looks like CRAP. I think he SUCKS! I think the judges suck too! Suckity suck suck. And why is Ryan touching him in that creepy way?

The now legal Carmen bounces singing the least country version of "Wild Angels" I've ever heard. And goat girl is seriously in evidence. These are the tamest "wild angels" yet. Actually, I don't think any of the judges have a clue about country music. At least Ryan isn't feeling up Carmen.

I don't know what the hell Ricky was singing either, I went back to check TWoP and they couldn't figure it out either. Whatever it was, I hated it.

KimMe does "Anymore". She's dressed as country skank. Frankly she is most country sounding of the girls tonight. The performance is just dull and she is shouty. Blech. At least they are pushing through the show.

There is the most obvious pimping on the planet. A freakin' 205 teddy bear. Ruben does "Sweet Home Alabama". This is the most exciting performance so far, because this is the catchiest song so far. When I first heard this on tv, I thought the audience was booing him, and I was indignant on his behalf because he was the best so far. Relatively speaking.

Julia looks as nervous as Trenyce did on "Breathe" - I see why Shack referred to her as an "animate corpse". Girl, you're allowed to move. And she was breathy and the voice was weak.

I don't care about Carmen's birthday.

Finally, I sat through the rest for this..."Someone Else's Star"...I love this little snippet from him. His tone is gorgeous and vibrant. He's not breathy. His expression matches the freakin' song. He's so sweeeeeeeeeeet! He took what was a nothing song to moi and sang prettily! He stood up! YAY! The first three judges were finally sensible. Simon was stupid, what the hell did he mean "it had nothing to do with the show" It was frickin' country as rock wasn't in any of the performances. I'm feeling a serious hate on for you, Simon, grrrrrrrrr....

My rankings

Clay (kiss, kiss, luv)

Ruben (I enjoyed it, what can I say?)

KLo (not bad, just not particularly good)

Josh (at least it was a little lively)

Trenyce (nerves got to her)

Julia (nerves got to her even worse)

KimMe (she was better than the bottom three)

Carmen (the goat thing, I can't get past it)

Craggle (mesh shirt - he needed to go for that alone)

Ricky (dude, if no one can figure out what you sang, you should be sunk)

Results.

Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Ruben and Kim completely owned the stage. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Yee haw. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Simon stupidity about Clay. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. They sing Where the Blacktop Ends. One of the group songs I didn't like at all. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Burt Bacharach gets the kids to redo "What the World Needs Now" Burt needs sensitive so he starts with Clay. Good choice, Burt! And of course, Clay sounds gorgeous! Clay got Burt's autograph to sell on eBay! Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Clay picks Yahoo Serious and Ryan says Brad Pitt. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. The pimpercials! Skanky KimMe steals skanky Josh's Mustang! Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. The contestants sing "Proud To Be American" and pimp Josh. This sounds better that the "Blacktop Song"

KimMe is bottom 3

Julia is bottom 3

Ricky is bottom 3

Ricky goes back. Julia is gone. Buh-bye.