The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

Mirna and Schmirna get on my nerves so fast.

Why me? I know things? I've only read spoilers.....

...but Rob really needs to learn to spell. Just sayin'.

And their take on the other challenge doesn't look like a good choice either, if the Guidos just past them up.

Okay, that whole Romber exchange showed why I love them - Rob looking right in the camera admitting Amber was right - he wants to be in first. <g>

I will be SO pissed if they are eliminated - the game will lose a lot of it's interest for this season without them.

Mirna and Schmirna get on my nerves so fast.

Why me? I know things? I've only read spoilers.....

...but Rob really needs to learn to spell. Just sayin'.

And their take on the other challenge doesn't look like a good choice either, if the Guidos just past them up.

yup possible spoilers...they really lost their mojo in losing their cool...

oh god Teri and Ian always had problems using plain observation.

OMG...my brother was in this place...he had all kinds of pictures at the end of the world...hee

Ya know she really is not sure that that taxi came in response to their call...there are always taxis coming in since this is the airport.

BUT GAH....I just needed another reason to hate charla and Mirna

YAY Team Cha Cha! They are so cool. I want them to win it all.

Rob is losing his cool, and that's not smart racing.

Damn it, the Schmirna team is annoying.

Please - they were in first place three times in a row - I think they're entitled to ONE lost cool. And I didn't really see him lose it, at that. He made a few mistakes. Would you rather Schmirna beat them?

Oh no...they are stting up for a big Karma scene in the end...not looking good.

Oh no...they are stting up for a big Karma scene in the end...not looking good.

It's sad the editing is so freakin' transparent.

If they're gone I probably won't even bother to chat about the show for the rest of the season. :::sigh:::

*Snoopy Happy Dance of Joy*

As much as I would be happier to have Schmirna gone, gone, gone -- I'm almost as happy that the Romber is out of the race.

Except for Schmirna again -- I think I'll enjoy the race a whole heck of a lot more. Why? Because the racers will stop focusing on "where's Romber?" and start racing.

Go Cha Cha!!!!!!!! Heidi, join me in the Cha Cha love!

Is it over everywhere yet? I usually don't watch TAR - but I admit I did a little dance at the end today. For a couple I've only seen for 20 minutes, I dislike them an amazing amount.

but I really loved how cool they were in the end...

AWWW my GOD...I am in tears here...

what a great way to end their run...what good sports.

I thought that letter by susan and patrick were very bad form...it was too pissy and unpleasant

GAH I can stand schmirna team....I really can;t stand them

At least I still have chacha and Uchena and Joyce to cheer for.

Is it over everywhere yet? I usually don't watch TAR - but I admit I did a little dance at the end today. For a couple I've only seen for 20 minutes, I dislike them an amazing amount.

I guess thats the problem...I think to really have an appreciation of Romber you gotta have their background. A lot of what Rob says and do is a whole lot of bravado...playing a part. I've seen Rob and Amber in every show they ever were on...from the three survivors, TAR and even their wedding special. I think they are truly a couple in love and made for each other. I think what I like about Rob the most is how well he learns his lessons. I hated him in the first survivor...he was unpleasant, cocky and a lazy loud mouth. I was appalled and amazed that they chose him for survivor all stars...but man did he prove himself worthy...he played that survivor game almost flawlessly...even marrying the girl that won the million. And you just gotta admit they are one fo the very best TAR racers.

I can't believe the word Philippines became their stumbling block. I think as soon as they lost on that...Rob lost his focus...cos they even flubbed it with the navigation task cos they were only in luck that this guy knew where it was.

Then they usually are one of the first out of the airport...that is another reason they got behind...then they get to the playa largo and miss the little flag..they are usually more observant than that...

I think their downfall is their lack of experience in the down position...

To give the somewhat opposite end of the spectrum....

Didn't watch him in the original Survivor. Hated him in the All Stars version. Wasn't impressed with him game play in their first TAR season. And while I agree that they are better players than I probably give them credit, I am just as happy to see them gone.

Again, I'll say that they are good players....but when he wasn't it first, he truly did lose focus. That makes for bad racing. I also know that part of my problem with them being in the race again was that they've won one reality show, came in second in another, and have had two other reality shows besides. This is one of those instances where I really want their 15 minutes to be up. (I'll also say that I wanted this all-stars to be totally "winner free" -- while I like Uchenna and Joyce, I wish they weren't in the race either.)

Finally, to add to Ansa points -- why did Rob "have to play a part?" Only to make entertaining TV? As much as I hate Schmirna, at least I think that's the way they are in real life (*shudder*). I've never gotten the feeling that Rob is a real person. Sure, I know that reality shows like "characters" -- but if they can't come out organically, I'm not into them.

My sympathies to those who liked the Romber.

I guess my problem is that I'm really turned off by the type of bravado I saw in Rob and Amber tonight - the word "assholes" kept popping into my mind. I've met too many in real life like them. I take it Schmirna is the lawyer and the little person? They seem like they could be bitchy - but didn't take it to the level of total assholishness. Too much plotting against other people instead of taking care of their own stuff.