The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

Awwww.....that was sweet with Charla and Mirna and Kentucky at the finish line.

Sad for John Vito and Jill.

Well, the season is off to a great start!!! I LOVE this show. Best reality out there, IMO. And yes, I include AI. You guys talk about that one too?

The frat boys are best known for the phrase "swing, you fat bastard" Shouted when they were bungi jumping into an African crevass.

Bwah!!!

Okay, you say frat boys and that tells my the guys from the season the Hippies (love) won - Is that the guy who is paired with a girl from the same season??

Heh - Charla is going to give the Beauty Queens a piece of her mind next week. Can't wait. <g>

Yes, Heidi -- that's the guy from the same season with the Hippies (double love) who came in second. I really don't remember much of the girl, but she was eliminated fairly early.

I'm gonna love Charla next week, I can tell that.

Let's see if I can do this from memory:

Rob and Amber -- the Romber

Drew and Kevin -- the frat boys

Oswald and Danny -- Team Cha Cha

David and Mary -- Kentucky

Charla and Mirna -- Mirna and Schmirna

Bill and ? -- Team Guido

The Beauty Queens (I don't think I ever knew their real names)

Teri and Ian, John Vito and Jill, and .... shoot who? Don't have names. I also know I'm missing someone here.

Loved it that Teri and Ian realized that everyone had "pet names."

Let's see if I can do this from memory:

Rob and Amber -- the Romber

Drew and Kevin -- the frat boys

Oswald and Danny -- Team Cha Cha

David and Mary -- Kentucky

Charla and Mirna -- Mirna and Schmirna

Bill and ? -- Team Guido

The Beauty Queens (I don't think I ever knew their real names)

Teri and Ian, John Vito and Jill, and .... shoot who? Don't have names. I also know I'm missing someone here.

Loved it that Teri and Ian realized that everyone had "pet names."

That was cool. Uchena and Joyce didn't have pet names, though.

I wonder why the Hippies aren't doing this race - I loved them.

From what I heard they were really very disappointed. They expected to get asked and was constantly talking about the all stars to others. really don't know why they were not added. Maybe they didn;t want to many winners.

From what I heard they were really very disappointed. They expected to get asked and was constantly talking about the all stars to others. really don't know why they were not added. Maybe they didn;t want to many winners.

Your theory about them not wanting too many winners is probably correct. Plus, if they're gonna have a winning team in the show, they wanted the one that would have most "revenge" with them -- ie, Uchenna and Joyce, with the Romber on their heels. That was probably the season with the biggest drama for the ending, with two teams that most people liked. There have been other closer finishes, but the revenge aspect would have to be huge.

There are some really great behind-the-scenes videos on the CBS Amazing Race: All-Stars site. Check out, under videos, the Pit Stop cams. I watched one with Mirna talking about being a newlywed; this one also gave a clue when the race took place, for it mentions "tomorrow is Thanksgiving."

I think these pit-stop cams will be verrrrrry interesting when we get down to the final 5 teams or so.

Go Teri and Ian! Stand up to the Mirna/Schmirna combo!

And Team Guido was showing their old traits. Heh.

I can imagine that Joyce felt terrible for not being able to help the other two teams. It's good to try to help people this early in the race, IMO. Besides, I think Joyce is just a NICE person.

Am I the only one here? Wah!!

Oh no, Team Cha Cha doesn't look too good at the moment. I just hope Mirna/Schmirna fall apart.

Good job Uchenna! GREAT job Dave!

Eric? Just shut up OK? My husband says "don't talk about your girlfriend's body like that. It's just wrong."

Well, Kentucky sure didn't play as well this time. That's OK. I still liked them....ah well.

I'm bummed Mirna/Schmirna are still in the race though.

Love Teri at the moment -- "falling in made it exciting."

Can't believe the Beauty Queen's made it through so quickly, even with their mistake. I think they should have gotten a time penalty for what they did.

Next week: everyone will be talking! Huh. That should be interesting.

I really liked what Rob said...he would trade all the number ones to be number one on the 13th leg. But they really rock ...what great competitors. They are just so calm. So supportive of each other. even when they do make mistakes they can overcome it..

Buh Bye kentucky...they really shouldn;t have been in the all stars...they are jsut not good racers

Charla and Mirna...UGH

I really liked what Rob said...he would trade all the number ones to be number one on the 13th leg. But they really rock ...what great competitors. They are just so calm. So supportive of each other. even when they do make mistakes they can overcome it..

Buh Bye kentucky...they really shouldn;t have been in the all stars...they are jsut not good racers

Charla and Mirna...UGH

As much as I like Kentucky, I think that they should have had the Hippies in their place. The hippies against Romber - wild. <g> Yes, Romber is my favorite - I really like how they're racing.

Hey, I think Charla and Mirna are entertaining - but I bet they are next to go. They aren't high enough calibur in All Stars.

So I guess I am the only person who feel professional reality people up against normal people is a bit unfair.

I can't believe how obnixious shmyrna is all the time. Now I admit to not having any little people as friends, my sister-in-law is 4'10" I believe she qualifies as just really short. She is a bit pushy, but would never treat anyone like that even in a race.

I do admit Rob is more supportive of his partner than some.

I think Ian really panickked for a minute when Terry wnet overboard, but she came back with such a great attitude, it was really fun. I liked it when they clicked oars. Unfortunately, it has been years since their first race and I think they and the guidos are tied for oldest contestants.

I know why you're nervous.

Hooray for Teri and Ian getting on the flight, and Joe and Bill NOT. I like Joe and Bill OK, I just like Teri and Ian better. (I have a soft spot for Ian after his visit to Vietnam the last series....)