The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

Uh-oh, someone else read a certain thread about order?

And I did too. *sigh*

Liking the BQ's, which I thought would never happen.

Still love the Cha Cha's, they are having so much fun...although this money thing could be a major problem. Bad planning dudes.

I'll say it again -- Charla and Mirna may be annoying as hell, but they do play the game. There's a difference between them and season three winner Flo -- Flo kept giving up. Charla and Mirna have not given up yet!

And Eric and Dani? I don't know what it is, because they play the game too....but they really bug me. They whine. They claim that others are acting unfair. They just grate on my nerves.

So, who's gonna get Yielded next week? I'm really afraid....

Oh man -- I hope this yield thing doesn't mess up the ChaCha's. And it looks like it might. Damn.

Go Charla!!!!!!! Mirna -- annoying! Charla -- pretty cool, actually!

Oh man, that jump would scare the crap out of me.

I'm glad Cha Cha's caught up, hope they don't get behind again with this engine cleaning thing.

The airlift thing looks really cool, though -- I'm glad someone did that one. That looked like the best roller coaster ride EVAH!

Yes, the Air Force is picky about the cleanliness. *g*

That was a cool roadblock too. I'm not sure how I'd do with the GPS, but the rest of it looked really cool.

Oh poor Danielle. I have no pity for her. She's always quitting -- reminds me of Flo! AAAGH! Charla's not doing much better, but she's not as whiny.

The BQ's did a great leg of the race!

And meanwhile...I'm sad for my Cha Cha's. They were doing so well for so long, and then these last few legs were just brutal for them. It seems like they just lost their will.

I still hate Eric and Danielle. With a passion.

Soooo....am I the only one here? Am I the only who cares all that much at this point? Heh.

Charla and Mirna -- boy, they know how to work the flights, that's for sure. Unfortunately, after that those, Charla's physical type is just not good.

The BQ's -- I think I'm amazed that it took them this long to finally snap at each other. I really like them.

Eric and Danielle? I'm still Yuck at them.

Since it's been mentioned in the Primetime TV thread, I'm posting here just to bump this to the top, just to let people know we have this thread. But I also have a question: has anyone heard anything about when TAR is starting again? It's not on the fall schedule that I can see, and I haven't heard anything lately. What's up with that? I miss my TAR....

Since it's been mentioned in the Primetime TV thread, I'm posting here just to bump this to the top, just to let people know we have this thread. But I also have a question: has anyone heard anything about when TAR is starting again? It's not on the fall schedule that I can see, and I haven't heard anything lately. What's up with that? I miss my TAR....

Here's what I found at wiki...

The Amazing Race 12 will be the twelfth installment of the popular five time Emmy Award winner reality television show The Amazing Race. The Amazing Race 12 will feature several teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world.

Applications were due on January 16, 2007. Semi-finalist interviews were expected to be held sometime in February or March of 2007 and final casting interviews took place in April 2007. Filming is expected to take place sometime between June to December of 2007.[1][2]

CBS has confirmed The Amazing Race will be picked up for a 12th season, to be broadcast in the upcoming 2007-2008 TV midseason.[3] The Amazing Race may be moved from its current Sunday night airing based on other shows announced by CBS, but this is not known at this time.

Jonathan Littman, executive producer for The Amazing Race, said that this season will reduce the number of episodes by 2 and drop non-elimination legs "to create more excitement."[4]

I actually hope they keep it on Sunday night. I really liked having something to watch on Sunday night.

Also from the Zaptoit Forums...

"The Amazing Race": The Emmy-winning reality show is not on the fall schedule and will return later. "The countries are very exotic," Littman says. "We're going to a couple of places that I don't even know where they are on the map. I've had to go look them up."

As for the teams? Lively.

"This is a tough group," Littman says. "They'll be younger. We still have a good balance."

The show will will do two fewer episdoes and drop the noneliminations to create more excitement.

"The Amazing Race" has won four Emmys in a row as top reality competition. It could collect a fifth in September.

Littman attributes the success to the show's production values, the world travels -- and luck.

"I love '[American] Idol. I'm a huge 'Idol' fan," Littman says. "It is worthy of all its success. But it is in the studio. ... We send these crazy Americans around the world, out of our control for 90 percent of the trip. It's an audacious, ambitious task to do. I think the academy members recognize that."

Not sure where that is quoted from. But I would guess we'll see it maybe after the holidays? :shrug:

Edited by jamar1700

Are any ofthe pairs Clay AIken fans that met on the internet? Maybe from Houston - no, had too many concerts to go to this year?

Ooooo....could you see Solo and Scarlett together? They'd get the best deals on travel tickets, and enjoy the entire trip....with only a minimum of hitting. *g*

WOOHOO!!!!

The Amazing Race starts again Sunday, November 4, 8:00 p.m. EST!

Here's a semi-spoilerish article from The Futon Critic about the upcoming season. I haven't read it, so don't tell me! The CBS website just announces that the show is coming back, and to keep looking at their site for more information!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

I'm a fan too...wait for meeeee!!!

Starting again soon....whoo-hoo!!!

...any other art types/early childhood people??? I would team with them, except I have a raging fear of heights and my butt's too big to hoist up any mountain anyhow. I would kick butt if we had to control 25 four year olds on a tour of the Louvre though. :imgtongue: