The Beautiful Ones

Couch Tomato

Inspired by my sister and her co-workers who have kept and updated their lists for years...I'm gonna try to name my top TEN beautiful guys. Start thinking about yours! This might take me awhile to come up with who I feel belongs on my list but definitely in my ten is:

DUH Clay...if I would give him one caveat it's CONCERT CLAY. Yes I love cutie pie 15 year old looking Clay, and natural Clay and goofball Clay and think they are cute as can be. But when Clay gets on the stage and is in his element...OMG .. he just blossoms and to me that is when he is at his most gorgeous. I agree with those that say that is why our great fandom photographers capture him so well. I think he is still so uncomfortable at photo shoots and it shows in the photos. I'll have to edit later to add a photo. Can we have photos? heee...Hey Ansa..how do I add a photo. I should know that. What I also love about Clay is that how all of his features just come together so beautifully. Separately you go..heh? But together you go eeeeeee! Also, if you can bring the funny you go WAY up in my book. And Clay knows how to bring the funny.

Also on my list is:

Goran Visnjic -- Luka on ER... I'm still watching ER and it's for one reason. Enough Said. If he left the show tomorrow and I'd never watch it again. it's all about the eye candy. And I'm not usually THAT shallow! But he is just drop dead gorgeous. He is tall (hope he really is tall...ya never know with the magic of tv and movies...) and hunky. And by the way, Luka inspired my screen name. Way back, Luka and Abby were talking...actually I think Luka was drunk...and he said something about her being a couch tomato (of course he meant couch potato)... a few days later I was singing up at TWoP and Couchtomoato I became.

So, in no particular order:

Clay Aiken

Goran Visnjic

And that's all I got for tonight. 2 out of ten! I want my list to be perfect heh. So who are your top ten.....grab them from the world of entertainment, sports, politics, celebrity... from the past, in their prime, or current

Pictures ok in this thread. Now, I just need to learn how to add them.

Duh..Clay is first on my list. Do I need to post a picture?

huminahumina.jpg

Pierce Brosnan

Brosnan.jpg

Brent Spiner (this one is an old picture, and he hasn't aged as gracefully as I would have hoped, but I still pine for him...)

spiner34.jpg

And roseviolet has already posted a sterling picture of Orlando Bloom, so I won't repeat that one.

Let me think some more on the rest...heh.

Hmmm... I can think of a few right off the top of my head...

Um. Clay, of course.

My latest crush...

Jake Gyllenhaal

jakehot.jpg

GUH...

Joaquin Phoenix (I see I'm not the only one!)

34.jpg

Naveen Andrews.. sweet Naveen...

Lost_Naveen_Andrews_2.jpg

Steve Buscemi... don't ask me to explain...

buscemi.jpg

From way back.. Jeff Bridges....

2001-11-21-bridges.jpg

Jude Law... even though he's a cheating fool..

10202_JudeLaw001.jpg

That's it for now... I'll think of the rest later...

ETA- I LOVE Brent Spiner!!

Edited by ebird

OK..this is fun!

First off, Colin.. I do like him a lot although he won't be on my list but I understand why he is on so many others. I have a friend that lives in Hawaii and when she came to visit me she insisted that we watch the entire mini series of Pride and Predjudice. That was a fun way to spend a weekend.

Pierce...YUM. I do love me some Pierce.. starting way back during Remington Steele where he was thin as a rail. My favorite Pierce movie is The Thomas Crown Affair. (and I know my favorite movies becuase they're in my room and not out in hte living room collecting dust! ha)

Now who is this Brent Spiner? I'll be thinking who I'll add to my list all day...I've got a few that I know I will.

OMG Ebirdie...Steven Buscemi? I love him but have you eaten too much NC BBQ? heee. Just kidding. I think I'll have a few WTF's too.

Ahhh and Jeff Bridges used to be the man!! I should go back and find my 15 year old crush hee.

Jude Law..SLURP.. he's a cheater? Music From ANother Room..LOVE that movie.

Now who is this Brent Spiner? 

Maybe you know him better as this (although, knowing you couchie, this probably won't help you at all...)

robot8_311.284046692607.jpg

Naveen...swoon...yep, I need to add him. Slurp.

OTOH...Buscemi?!?!?! Ooooooooooookay... But I love his acting...he makes me smile every time I see him.

ETA one more time: ebird, I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

Edited by ldyjocelyn

Ebird, you kill me! Jake is at the top of my list too! And you picked one of the hawtest pics of him I've ever seen. Blast you!

He is followed only by my #1 hubby - Steve Harris from The Practice and now Heist.

Simon Baker (The Guardian and Something New), Blair Underwood (L.A.Law and Madea's Family Reunion), and Henry Simmons(NYPD Blue) round out my top five. Can we only do a top ten? Cuz I'm pretty sure I can get twenty. I'll post pics of the pretty later.

Okay, I'll have to add pics later. So. We're only talking beautiful to look at right? ... eye candy... sexy babes.

Every day, in every way, nobody does it for me like Clay. That's a given.

But before Clay came along, there would only have been one other answer for me... Kevin Costner. Guh. Love. Love. L.O.V.E. He's still my favorite actor.

Rounding out the list, and keeping in mind that when I think of these guys, I picture them at their best. Time hasn't been all that kind to me, either *g*

10. George Clooney (Sighhhh... if only he'd just stop talking)

9. Mel Gibson (I love a man who makes me laugh)

8. Brad Pitt (Legends of the Fall Brad-only guy whose long hair ever 'did it' for me.)

7. Denzel Washington (Guh)

6. Bruce Willis (Die Hard Bruce. Yippie Ki AYYYYY!)

5. Jake Gyllenhal (Oh, so pretty)

4. Hugh Grant (See: Mel Gibson)

3. John Travolta (Then and Now)

2. Kevin - always. Yum. You know, he has the same crooked bottom teeth as Clay.

The one and only #1 forevah.

wango_tango_kill_me_now.jpg

eta: I wouldn't call him beautiful, but yeah, ldyjocelyn, I LOVE me some Steve Buscemi. He's one of those actors who can get me to see a movie/tv show just because he's in it. He even got me to watch an Adam Sandler movie *g* (The Wedding Singer - he KILLED!) eata Oooops! T'was ebird who posted Steve - sorry!

Edited by cindilu2

cindilu2, that's one of my favorite Clay pics! He's still at the top of my list!

eta: I wouldn't call him beautiful, but yeah, ldyjocelyn, I LOVE me some Steve Buscemi. He's one of those actors who can get me to see a movie/tv show just because he's in it. He even got me to watch an Adam Sandler movie *g* (The Wedding Singer - he KILLED!) eata Oooops! T'was ebird who posted Steve - sorry!

Whew. Thank God I'm not alone. Well, I'm alone in thinking he's hot, I guess. :P I love men with a sense of humor, and he's a total clown. Also, he was once a firefighter, and he rejoined his old unit after 9/11 and worked with them at Ground Zero. He is not only a supremely talented actor, but is also a screenwriter. (He wrote and starred in Trees Lounge).

Brains, unconventional looks and a sense of humor. Yum. Sound like someone else we know?

ETA one more time:  ebird, I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

Awww.. thanks... That picture was taken when the little noodle was going through her colicky period... She'll hate me for that someday!

Edited by ebird

ebird

Whew. Thank God I'm not alone. Well, I'm alone in thinking he's hot, I guess.  I love men with a sense of humor, and he's a total clown. Also, he was once a firefighter, and he rejoined his old unit after 9/11 and worked with them at Ground Zero. He is not only a supremely talented actor, but is also a screenwriter. (He wrote and starred in Trees Lounge).

Ummm.... yeah, I do find him kinda hot. *blush* Just not 'beautiful'. He also directed a few episodes of The Sopranos. I didn't know about him being a firefighter and the Ground Zero thing though. Whoa! I knew I had good taste!

I was just telling Couchie...that there are a lot of gorgeous men that I find cute but does not make me go GAH...e.g. Jake, Jude, Voran...

Then there are guys who I know I'm supposed to find attractive but are just yuck to me...e.g. brad, Tom, Colin farrell...

But the guys that have made me go GAH...some of them have changed, gotten older and are not as GAH worthy anymore but will always be remembered for their gah worthiness...

1. Clay...not all his pix make me GAH, but when they do its intense...

uganda7.JPG

2.Hugh Jackman

246470.JPG

3. Hugh Grant

039_21619.jpg

4. Pierce Brosnan...see ldyjocelyn's yummy pic.

5. John Kennedy Jr...I am still so sad he died so young...so much pontential

jfk_jr3.jpg

6. Mel Gibson

039_70547.jpg

7. Owen Wilson...He just cracks me up

owenwilson_001.jpg

8. Andrew McCarthy ...you guys made me think of one of my crushes when

I was younger and I checked out some pix and he still made me swoon...love his smile.

heart07.jpg

OK...Can;t think of anybody else right now...I will leave 9 and 10 open just in case you guys do remind me of some others I may just swoon over.

ebird...love you but Steve Buscemi? really?

Eeeeeee! Pretty men!

Me, I'm easy and shallow...

My list is in no particular order, because for me you can catch any of these guys at the right time, my mouth dries up, my heart palpitates and I turn into a bundle of lust....

Clay

clay07.jpg

Prince

Prince.jpg

Russell Wong

wongrussell.gif

Denzel

denzel02.jpg

LL Cool J

LL-COOL-J.jpg

Pierce

PierceBrosnan.jpg

Oded Fehr (The Mummy was full of eye-candy for me)

OdedFehr.jpg

The "Rock" Dwayne Johnson

dwayne_johnson-47.jpg

Orlando Bloom only as Legolas (I'm generally not attracted to blond dudes - but this one I would do. In a heartbeat)

LOTR_King015OrlandoBloom.jpg

Richard Gere

richard_gere.jpg

I can't think of anything look-wise they have in common except I think they're really really pretty. Faint edge of danger? Poutiness? Squinty eyes? Hmm. I must do more study....

Oh Ansa...I was never a fan of Andrew McCarthy, but that picture you posted is definitely swoony. He has matured NICELY. Great, great smile.

KAndre, I am so with you on the blond dudes -- but Legolas made me weak in the knees. Then, when Orlando showed up in Pirates of the Caribbean...gah.

cindilu, I'm finding myself liking George C. more and more lately -- I'm really appreciating his self depracating sense of humor. Kevin C. -- used to really like a lot, but I've been having a hard time separating the pretty from the actual man more and more lately. Feel the same way about Mel Gibson.

I guess I'm not as shallow as KAndre. :P

Can you tell I'm at home today, trying to clean my house *coughlookingatpicturesofbeautifulmencough*?

Edited by ldyjocelyn

No one is as shallow as I when it comes to pretty, pretty men - happily Mel was never "stop what I'm doing RIGHT NOW to drool over" pretty to me, so my objectification criteria is safe!

Ummm, add John Travolta as 10a.

Travolta.jpg

Okay....I'm definitely OUTTAHERE! I was looking over this thread here at work, constantly worried that someone would see over my shoulder....then I went to erase the history but pushed the print icon instead! :o

Holy shit!

So I had to run to the printer (which is at the other end of hte office) and stand there to capture the printed pics of all these hotties before someone else came to collect whatever print job THEY had sent...

And the danged thing kept printing and printing the pictures... :blink:^_^:blink:

I'm signing out....I LIKE my job! I wanna KEEP my job! :lol:

Heh! The truth is out - muskifest just likes pictures of hot guys!

Tiger Beat?

The only guy I ever pinned up:

ParkerStevenson.jpg

My little sister thought Shaun Cassidy was da BOMB! Now I must call and mock her.

BWAH Muskifest...sorry to laugh at your predicament but that sounds like an SNL skit...

just blame it all on Couchie... :P

Kandre...this was my only pin up...inside my closet door...didn;t want to get teased by my brothers...

shaun150.jpg

I really can't understand what I found appealing about this guy ...but I used to be nuts about him...cutting up all the pictures I can find...and of course I totally couldn;t understand how anybody could like parker...HEE :P

but worse than Shaun...I used to like Willie Ames...of Eight is enough...YIKES!!!!

Oh my god, Ansa. I loved Shaun Cassidy so much, I used to kiss his poster every night before I went to bed. Coincidentally, at the same time in a nearby city, my husband was kissing a poster of Farrah Fawcett every night before HE went to bed. :P

Kandre- I can't believe I left The Rock off my list.

preview_dj-details04.jpg

Here's another one of my crushes from way back.

mmm... Brendan...

brendan30.jpg

This is FAR more fun than working on a Friday afternoon. I have to print out all the pages thus far...