Ruben Studdard

playbiller

Awwww. Ruben is getting married! From this Red Carpet Report of the AI Finale via USA Today:

Ruben Studdard (Season 2), on the other hand, will be prepping for his wedding day. He walked the carpet with fiancée Zuri McCance, who was sporting a hefty diamond. They got engaged a year ago in Las Vegas, after seeing Phantom of the Opera, and have set a date but won't tell. "She's my best friend," Studdard said.

Congratulations to them!

Think Clay will sing at the wedding?

Awwww. Ruben is getting married! From this Red Carpet Report of the AI Finale via USA Today:

Ruben Studdard (Season 2), on the other hand, will be prepping for his wedding day. He walked the carpet with fiancée Zuri McCance, who was sporting a hefty diamond. They got engaged a year ago in Las Vegas, after seeing Phantom of the Opera, and have set a date but won't tell. "She's my best friend," Studdard said.

Congratulations to them!

Think Clay will sing at the wedding?

Awwww sweet!!! I hope so...

I know what you mean, muski. It's sad, isn't it? Please do bring over any articles when you have a chance, play. Thanks!

And congratulations to Ruben! :clap:

Here you go Ai finale red carpet

pertinent quote is buried, but there is a picture there as well

Now we know everyone is going to say Awww, and rightfully so but we also know what would happen if Clay had done that.

She's my best friend," Studdard said.

Doesn't that mean she will never have sex with him or even see him naked? Maybe Clay can give Ruben some extra Petri dishes and such!

Sorry, Play, I know ya hate the talk about that, it just made me laugh and be sarcastic, which I am afraid is incurable.

From People.com

Idol Ruben Studdard Obtains Marriage License

By Paul Chi

Originally posted Monday June 23, 2008 06:00 PM EDT

Photo by: Carlos Diaz / INF

Second-season American Idol champ Ruben Studdard obtained a marriage license Monday in Alabama, PEOPLE has learned.

Studdard, 29, arrived at the Shelby County Probate Office in Columbiana, Ala. with fiancée Surata Zuri McCants, 30, just before noon, filled out the paperwork and walked away with their license, an eyewitness says. Studdard is a native of nearby Birmingham.

"They looked really happy," says the eyewitness.

There was no immediate word on when they planned to marry. An Alabama marriage license is valid for 30 days.

post-1730-1214322753_thumb.jpg

Ruben HAS spoken about this woman and called her his fiance in the recent past, so I believe it is true and does not have to be qualified. A friend of the family have also talked about a wedding this year on the new Ruben board.

Sounds like Ruben is going to have a BIG wedding (and it's this weekend!)...

Ruben Studdard to Have 20 Groomsmen at Wedding

Ruben Studdard is planning a big Southern wedding Saturday with fiancée Surata Zuri McCants – with at least 20 groomsmen at his side, a source tells PEOPLE.

The American Idol second-season champ will marry McCants, 30, at Canterbury United Methodist Church in the tony Mountainbrook neighborhood of Birmingham, Ala., according to the source close to the wedding. A rep for Studdard confirms he's getting married this weekend.

Studdard and his groomsmen will wear black Joseph Abboud tuxedos from local outfitter Mr. Burch Formal Wear, the source says. The groomsmen will wear black shirts with black vests while Studdard will wear a white vest and a white hand-tied bow tie.

Studdard, 29, a Birmingham native, and McCants obtained a marriage license Monday at the Shelby County Probate Office in Columbiana, Ala.

Whoa. This sounds like a major shindig!

Sounds like Ruben is going to have a BIG wedding (and it's this weekend!)...

Ruben Studdard to Have 20 Groomsmen at Wedding

Ruben Studdard is planning a big Southern wedding Saturday with fiancée Surata Zuri McCants – with at least 20 groomsmen at his side, a source tells PEOPLE.

The American Idol second-season champ will marry McCants, 30, at Canterbury United Methodist Church in the tony Mountainbrook neighborhood of Birmingham, Ala., according to the source close to the wedding. A rep for Studdard confirms he's getting married this weekend.

Studdard and his groomsmen will wear black Joseph Abboud tuxedos from local outfitter Mr. Burch Formal Wear, the source says. The groomsmen will wear black shirts with black vests while Studdard will wear a white vest and a white hand-tied bow tie.

Studdard, 29, a Birmingham native, and McCants obtained a marriage license Monday at the Shelby County Probate Office in Columbiana, Ala.

Whoa. This sounds like a major shindig!

Thanks! He's one heck of a nice guy, he deserves all the happiness in the world.

(I wonder if Clay will be there... maybe even one of those 20???)

I posted yesterday at another board how much I'd loooove some clack of Clay in that all black tux. Yum! :hubbahubba:

And I really do wish Ruben & his lovely bride all the best. :wub:

So, I follow one story to the source and what to I see? a picture of Ruben and Clay from the finale not the usual one, a No Stopping us Now picture. I guess they didn't have the latest piture f Clay and Ruben together and Ruben does not even get pictured alone on his own wedding news.

Personally, I hope Clay sings at the wedding, heh, not that I am invited.

More about Ruben's wedding....

<SNIP> …Studdard is going back to his “Idol’ roots by doing an album of covers. (Clay did it!). In his case, he’ll do R&B classics by the likes of Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson. Working with Minneapolis producers Terry Lewis and Jimmy Jam, Studdard is nearly done and Evans said he’s aiming for an August release date. (Lewis and Jam helped produce his farewell song for “Idol” this season “Celebrate Me Home”).

Oh good. I've been saying since Ruben's first CD that they were trying to push him in to the hip hop niche and it didn't work. I'm looking forward to this CD. Ruben does have a big ol' soulful voice and should be singing ballads.

I rudely lurked at a Ruben board today and got wedding details.

Classical music in the church. Two cakes at the wedding - a classic tiered wedding cake with white frosting and black music notes decorating it and an choclolate cake with vanilla frosting. Heh. No individual pictures were allowed of the wedding or the reception, Cell phones were to not be used.

The first dance was to their song - "the Nearness of You"

Kevin was best man - duh. His son and Zuri's daughter were in teh wedding party. I guess this means that Ruben is a dad now.

IN the Essence interview they said they wanted to start a family in the next year, so they are not wasting time.

Picture of the rings

YOu can now buy Ruben's last Album, the return, on Itunes and that ilk - why? because he was caught in the Louis Vitton law suit where BMG used various of their logos without permission - it was used in a Britney video, no onger to be show, and other places and the paper on the ack of Ruben's CD had a Louis Vitton water mark. The hard print album has been withdrawn, but it is still avaialbe on line.Sorry,I don't have the articles anymore and I am packing the car and am busy, but the crux of it was a settlemetn - the CD was recalled from stores and no new CD copy will be manufactured.