#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Candy, eh, K'Andre? And what kind of candy, pray tell, would you want Clay to offer you? B)

Wait! Wait! I know!

Sex On a Stick lollipop right? ;)

Well, poop. My little Clackfest was foiled by real life last night. First I learned that couchie couldn't make it after all and then my non-message board but local friend who drools after Clay as much (almost) as I do called to say her babysitter never showed!

Then the hubby and kids returned from their movies and whatnot and so that was about it. Claygasm and I did go to our local brew joint for a beer, though, and took some pizzas home. And yesterday I initiated her into the world of a soccer mom! We watched one of my 15-year-old daughter's game and will be going back in a couple of hours today to watch the championship game. (It's a tournament this weekend.)

On EAYOR I see that a number of EAYORITES have landed in the land of rotting souls and are sitting in a room together, each with her laptop, posting on the board TO EACH OTHER. :blink: Yeah, those EAYOR women are a strange lot, but I love em! :lol:

CG and I are gonna walk to a breakfast eatery here soon and enjoy the beautiful weather. Have a great day, everybody! :D

Edited by muskifest

Awwww...I love those pictures with quiana and ang. he's such a devilish cutie..he know exactly what he is doing.

Sorry to fake out on you Muski and today doesn't seem to be much better. But we will have L.A. I'm really looking forward to hearing Clay sing live. Oh how i've missed that.

I must go find People today as it is my favorite Clay article ever. She did a great job and I love how she is out there stomping FOR Clay.

Off to wash clothes...which is a bit funner than the angsty fandom right now.

Hey Kandre have fun in LA...I wonder if Jerome will notice you again?? are you al going to Virgin and say hi to Clay!!!

Aww muski...it still must be great to have another Clayfan to EEEEEEEEEEEE with so are you going to LA too.

Can't wait for Kimmel...I am very curious to see LKL too.

HA! He looks so freakin' smug here... Wonder why?

th_LenoCQ091506.jpg [clickable]

Will this be the new 2006 / 2007 Meet and Greet pose? :P

I love how happy Clay seems to be in the pictures with Q & A. That's really good to see.

=========================================

Kimmelittes - Rawk that theater!!!! LA won't know what hit it!!!!

=========================================

I'm going to cross my fingers and try to do the KMart download now. Wish me luck!

ETA: Success! If You Don't Know Me By Now is saved to my music folder and I'm listening to it right now. I can see why it didn't get included on ATDW - to my ears it has a very different sound and general "vibe" than the rest of the songs on the CD. The "OOOOOOs" are very nice, and I can see this as being a real tie-grabber done live.

==========================================

Ansa, I was going to send you a reply, but your PM box is full.

Edited by bottlecap

Is the People magazine article worth buying? I saw it today but don't buy magazines anymore. If Clay had been on the cover, I would have purchased it for sure. I'm not a picture person either. My favorite article about Clay is the Light and Sound article from awhile ago.

Is the People magazine article worth buying? I saw it today but don't buy magazines anymore. If Clay had been on the cover, I would have purchased it for sure. I'm not a picture person either. My favorite article about Clay is the Light and Sound article from awhile ago.

Personally...this is a magazine I want in my collection. The pictures are to die for and the article is very good IMO.

I agree that the People magazine is a must-have for the editoral content. It seems like it is a good picture of where Clay is at this point in his life, and he seems to have been very forthright with the interviewer. In its own way, I think this People article will be as important as the original Rolling Stone interview, and I would expect the Clay Nation to reference it for a long time.

I think many of the boards have scans up, so you may be able to look it over before you buy it.

ivy, this thread at the Clayboard has scans. They are readable too.

I personally think this is one of the best interviews with him ever, not to mention the beautiful picture. He comes across as very self assured, if a bit weary. But it shows he has a sense of humor as well, and ITA with bottlecap that the Claynation should refer back to this article often.

Oh, and to get technical about this...Clay IS on the cover of the magazine. He's just not the main picture.

Edited by ldyjocelyn

DUDE, those jeans make you look kinda.... fat. :o What. You were thinking it too, you were just too polite to tell him.

th_standuplongtall.jpg

double - clickable

Whoa! Dude! If you think HE looks fat, let's keep our relationship to being face-to-face via a message board only! :blink:

DUDE! :o

:lol:

Okay, not fat maybe.... Slightly husky? A little chunky, maybe? The straight leg cut adds some heft? :blink:

Clay, DUDE - I didn't mean to insult you into an eating disorder. If your personal cook is there in LA with you, have him / her fix you up a big bowl of peach ice cream with a side of Krispy Kremes. :P

DUDE, those jeans make you look kinda.... fat. :o What. You were thinking it too, you were just too polite to tell him.

th_standuplongtall.jpg

double - clickable

Dudes...where are you seeing fat?!?!? I'm seeing long, skinny lines...and an impish smile...and some impossibly big feet...and...um, where was I?

I'm as big as a house compared to that dude.

Dudes, we've got to stop saying "dude." Even if it is Clay's favorite word in the Soundcheck. :P

Ansa, this picture was found on CV. Not sure from where though...

Hey, my post disappeared? Hmm this must be a conspiracy - Clive Davis does not want my to post my words of wisdom, he likes people to remain unenlightened!

waves to Ivy

I have decided that when I get up the computer will be off until the end of the day. I can't stand the anguish that will come from the boards. I am done with fighting for the joy of fandom and will deny the world my brilliance. I am sure sopemone will call me with some news, I just don't want to read the same crap over and over and over. I will turn on my stereo and Clay will sing to me while I actually live my life. Unfortunately I left my MP3 player at the beach, so I won't have it until the weekend when I will be offline for 5 days closing the beach house down. I did not think it was worth $30 for a few more days of internet. I have a lot of repairs and such if I want to sell it next year. It is time to start getting my own house into shape and start looking for a good place to live - any recommendations appreciated - my house is not exactly cheap to live in, especially since it has been reassessed. It would be a shame to leave this area, especially since Clay loves to give shows here - I did bypass buying tickets to two shows though, I think 3 is enough for the JNT. Hmmm now that is a good thought only a few months until I will see Clay in concert V. V. close.

The Insider Online - includes links to video clips

Clay's New Announcement

With the release last week of his highly-anticipated new album, A Thousand Different Ways, CLAY AIKEN is opening up, personally and professionally, with our very own LARA SPENCER.

So, is the 27-year-old singing sensation planning on leaving the music world behind?

"There have been days where I've been, 'Okay, this is more than I asked for. I wanted to be a teacher,'" reveals Clay, who has learned very quickly about the constant pressure of living in the spotlight.

"I never really expected to have this job," he adds. "I expected to be on a TV show, and I thought, 'That's cool, I get to be on a TV show.' Well, as soon as the TV show ended, I got whisked away to this whole thing here."

But not to worry, Claymates! Your fearless leader has no intention of hanging up his mic any time soon. He's busy traveling the country to promote his new disc, which features cover versions of such classic hits as "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by ELTON JOHN and DOLLY PARTON's "Here You Come Again."

"Did you talk to Dolly?" asks Lara.

"No, I haven't," replies Clay. "I'm a little nervous. I don't know if she's heard it yet. I mean, these are huge names and huge songs, so I was really apprehensive."

The once-gawky Raleigh kid who debuted three years ago on "American Idol" now has a legion of fans, better known as the "Clay Nation." But he modestly says he has "no idea" why they adore him. Could it be the new hair?

"I don't recognize myself right now," he says about his new bangs. "I still haven't gotten used to this whole thing. It's a process. The whole transformation from ugly to not-as-ugly happened very slowly," he jokes.

But Clay gets serious when talking about his journey since "Idol."

"It's hard to do this business without maturing a little. I'm much more savvy now. I'm much more aware of my surroundings."

For more of our exclusive interview with Clay, watch tonight's "Insider."

Is there anyone here who is going to be watching and reporting HDD numbers? I think I'm going to stay away from the other boards for the next few days, just because I really don't like angst, and I take enough Prilosec as it is. But I'd like to be in the loop for numbers, and I think this place is pretty safe.

Quiana has another picture up at her MySpace:

42k92ti.jpg

Can't see his hands in this one. Heh. But isn't he adorable? I love the friendship vibe between the two of them; they are clearly comfortable with each other.

AAACCCKKK!!! Clay had been scheduled to be on the local morning show at KTLA in LA this morning, and had to cancel at the very last minute because he has the stomach flu! :kotz0: (The is apparently some debate whether the announcer said stomach flu or just the flu.)

And the RCA conspiracy theories start in 5, 4 , 3.... :em0200:

I hope Clay recovers for Kimmel tomorrow, but the most important thing is his ongoing health. Good thoughts and prayers:

:wub::wub:CLAY :wub::wub:

No numbers yet.... Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.....

Edited by bottlecap

ACK ACK ACK!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not sick! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease! My CD signing! My Kimmel sighting!

Me me me me me me!

dammit.

Get well quick sweetie.

<delusional> You know RCA is using him for medical experiments to try and recoup the cost of those darn strings! </delusional>

<delusional> You know RCA is using him for medical experiments to try and recoup the cost of those darn strings! </delusional>

OMG...KAndre! This is hilarious! Claygasm MUST read this....she is an avid despiser of the omnipresent STRINGS on this CD! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm staying calm (Muski repeats infinite times while breaking out in a sweat :unsure: ) I KNOW Clay is going to find some miracle sure for his illness so that he doesn't have to break our date tomorrow night. He's a good boyfriend and wouldn't stand me up like that...I'm SURE of it. :blink:

:unsure: :o :(

Let's pretend to panic and extrapolate here!

Oh nooooooooooo!

Clay's at #30 having only sold 254 copies <panic>

He's only gonna sell 46,181 copies <extrapolation>

Return to Cookie Mountain is beating him! But he's kicking Iron Maiden's butt! Yay!

No wonder he is ill............changing time zones every day, flying across the country back/forth/back/forth.

He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him....he is a poor eater, surrounded by the masses where ever he goes and no one knows where some ones hand has been. We are just at the start of the flu season.....

I volunteer to be his private duty nurse and take good care of that cutesexysingerguy.

I have a license...........I could travel with him anywhere!!!!

Oh I wouldn;t worry about tomorrow...he has performed and gone on public with less than perfect health before. I bet they just want him to rest today so he will be ready to meet up with Kandre, Muski and COuchie tomorrow...oh wait is Claygasm going too?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh no...oh no...oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok just pretending we have numbers already...heh