#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

His comments on DOOL reminds me of that Friends episode when Joey brought Rachel to the DOOL set...hee ..I wonder who Kristy and Mary wants to meet..I find the new Shawn to be really cute....EJ is hot too.

EXACTLY!! And there was nothing but FRIENDSHIP between Joey and Rachel!

See, no shipping applies to that comment!! :D

Thanks Ansa for making my point! :lol:;)

RE: Daughtry - Well, he just admitted his album and promotion is filled with false advertising. Sort of like Milli Vanilli only instead of lip synching he's pretending to be part of a band! ;)

Hee. Sure makes me want to run right out and support him! Only not.

hee...he is the milli vanilli of the new millenium..yes

hey claygasm..you are welcome... :D

Hey guys...vote on the new thread title

Personally, while I love his blogs, I didn't join the fan club primarily for the blogs. I did it because he gets a Direct Deposit from my checking account, which is to say, I did it simply to support him. The bracelet and nifty membership card are just cute little extras I'll throw in some drawer.

The same with me....I just want to support the guy as much as I can.

We are now talking about 15 dollars now, not the 30 before. I guess that is why I don't see why some people don't want to join, but want to to donwload video and send it to them or sendthem the blogs. If you don't wantto join, don't join, just done expect the perks for free. it is not as if I post on the message board or anything. Too many people with agendas there.

Personally, while I love his blogs, I didn't join the fan club primarily for the blogs. I did it because he gets a Direct Deposit from my checking account, which is to say, I did it simply to support him. The bracelet and nifty membership card are just cute little extras I'll throw in some drawer.

The same with me....I just want to support the guy as much as I can.

Ditto...

TAR - okay, so I hate the blondes, but I have to confess I hope Dustin gets to the mat before the over confident Fast forward teams. <g>

Topic? Clay used to love TAR. I wonder if he still watches??

I know...was sad that it wasn't in his DVR...

I also hate the blondes...they were simply so insensitive talking about the other teams that way to the Cho's they are friends...not just alliances.

I also hate the blondes...they were simply so insensitive talking about the other teams that way to the Cho's they are friends...not just alliances.

Insensitive is their middle name. So sad about Kentucky. :::sob::: Now rooting for the "four pack" but Alabama is a serious underdog team. As much as I hate the blondes, they are good racers.

His comments on DOOL reminds me of that Friends episode when Joey brought Rachel to the DOOL set...hee ..I wonder who Kristy and Mary wants to meet..I find the new Shawn to be really cute....EJ is hot too.

EXACTLY!! And there was nothing but FRIENDSHIP between Joey and Rachel!

See, no shipping applies to that comment!! :D

Thanks Ansa for making my point! :lol:;)

RE: Daughtry - Well, he just admitted his album and promotion is filled with false advertising. Sort of like Milli Vanilli only instead of lip synching he's pretending to be part of a band! ;)

Hee. Sure makes me want to run right out and support him! Only not.

Claygasm Exactly, when I read that statement, I thought, isn't that like false advertising to have people pictured on the album that arent', you know, on the album. That actually sounds mucho stupido.

Regarding membership to the OFC. I too joined to support Clay. The blogs are my favorite part, but I would have joined without them. It does bug me a little when I see posts brought over from his blogs to other boards, that while they are not copied and pasted they still give the entire gist of his blog. If people want to know what he says in his blogs, they should join the ding dang fan club. JMO

Well, watch what happens if you say anything, People jump opn you because nothing they say or do is close enough to be the same to them. So they are blameless and you are at fault for saying something.

Yet the really cool fans don't join because it is not worth it and they get to say how worthless anything from Clay is (as opposed to another idol usually) and because their friends PM them the blogs or videos. For some people, Clay is just not cool enough for their tastes, that may be why they buy into him being a "rocker". He did say he like Andy Williams didn't he? At least Clay is not so concerned with being cool.

I honestly don't watch AI but it is always the topic of conversation at the gym. When Chris was kicked off the three thirty something aerobic instructors were consoling themselves by saying "Clay didn't win and see how good he is doing." During the class one instructor said that Chris was the only sexy one on AI. Another swore she would never watch AI again.

It'll be interesting to see if they buy his album. I haven't heard a word about Chris since he lost.

On the other hand, can't the thread title be about candy corn? I miss bottlecap's dancing corn.

Clay's blog was so sweet. It reminded me of letters I would get from my kids-- "you are the world's best Mom" And the next might be "I hate you." Hope we don't get the second type from Clay, although I really wouldn't blame him. I hope Kristy is there to give him a hug when the fans get too overbearing.

ETA: Those song parodies are the funniest things I've read in a while. It would be great to sing them as kareoke.

Edited by FearofH2O

I agree that OFC content should be protected. It's sad that some are IM'ing or e-mailing things they shouldn't. To some extent, I understand that each person must evaluate whether the money spent is worth it to them. However, some seem extraordinarily demanding in their fan club expectations. The OFC isn't perfect, but for less than $3 a month, the occasional blogs, photos, video, contests, ticket passwords, blogs and message boards are not a bad bargain. I spend more than $3 on a cup of coffee.

I love Clay's blogs, too. There's something very personal and spontaneous about them. They don't come across like carefully crafted pieces of PR. Maybe I'm naive, but all the adorable little imperfections tell me they come from him, rather than from publicist or low level staffer.

Personally, I'd rather have him blog when he feels like blogging, than have him blog out of obligation. I have a feeling that if these blogs were like homework for him--a writing requirement he needed to fulfill the terms of a legal contract--they'd be far less charming and fun.

Edited by JennaZ