#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

huh?

couchie! I won??!?! OMG. OMG...

So which one of my haiku was the winning one? Huh? Huh?

And what do I get? Gimmegimmegimme!

Is it a deep kiss from Clay?

A long letter from Clay?

A thick accented call from Clay?

Anything long, thick and deep from Clay will be fine, thanks.

Muski..first place was a 40 gift certificate to virgin. That will buy 2.8 cds. heh. if i don't see you before kimmel, i'll give it to you there.

oops.. this one...

Sitting on his leg

Funny boy giggling, then he

Slowly strokes his beard

and you'll be happy to know i read it with all the dramatic tension that it deserved. i deserve an oscar.

I snuck into our conference room and managed to watch today's GMA interview. I don't know what to say, other than I lurve this guy and his titanium body parts. i'm just sad that he has had to develope such a thick shell.

ETA: Couchie posted the GMA transcript below.

=================

muski, that's not a smutty haiku at all. Now if the funny boy was stroking something else...

=================

The Insider Online - for tonight's show.

His newest CD dropped yesterday to big numbers, so how is CLAY AIKEN feeling today? He's in our studios today talking to LARA SPENCER about his latest success!

Featuring 10 cover songs from the "Idol" runner-up, plus four new tunes, Clay's latest collection has one driving theme behind it: L'amour!

Some of the hit singles the cute crooner has re-recorded are BRYAN ADAMS' "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)," ELTON JOHN's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," CELINE DION's "Because You Loved Me," BAD ENGLISH's "When I See You Smile" and the aforementioned "Without You," made famous by HARRY NILSSON, which Clay performed exclusively for us during a recent visit to the "Insider" studio.

"It's been a year in the making and it's something kind of different," he said of the album. "It's songs that I really love, songs that I've loved for years and years, and most people love, so it should be really good."

And while Clay said he would like to take credit for the idea of laying down these popular tracks, he admits that it was the brainchild of legendary music producer CLIVE DAVIS, the president of Clay's label, RCA Records.

"He wanted to do songs that everybody knew, that people recognized and things that, hopefully, I can do well," he said.

As for the funky new hairdo that he first showed off during last season's "American Idol" finale, Clay said, "We just wanted to change things up a bit. It's been three years since we had a studio album and the spiky thing is hard to do with the flat iron, so we decided to try something a little bit different."

For more on Clay's album, tune in to "The Insider."

Edited by bottlecap

People.com

Clay Aiken Speaks Out About Rumors

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2006 07:30AM EST

Clay Aiken is no longer the charmingly awkward, self-confessed "dork" who came in second on 2003's second season of American Idol. He has a new look, a new album – A Thousand Different Ways, which hit stores Tuesday – and some new, hard-won wisdom.

"I learned this year that you can't make people like you or care about you or love you," the 27-year-old, Southern Baptist-bred singer, whose 2003 debut album Measure of a Man sold 2.6 million copies, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview.

"I'm becoming a man, not just with my hair," he says, laughing about his darker, longer 'do, "but with my life. This year's been an education: the education of Clay."

He's also aware of what people have been saying about him this year, and in the new issue of PEOPLE (on newsstands Friday), he addresses rumors about his sexuality and more. Here's a preview:

On whether he's gay: "What do you say (to that question)? … It's like when I was 8. I remember something would get broken in the house, and Mom and Dad would call me in and say, 'Did you do this?' Well, it didn't matter what I said. The only thing they would believe was yes. … People are going to believe what they want."

On the panic attacks he suffered after Idol: "I'd walk into a room and say to myself, 'I am not going to have a problem when these people stare at me.' … But then (in) that situation, my heart would start pumping, and I'd start sweating and looking around nervously and shaking. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack."

On taking the anti-anxiety drug Paxil: "I said (to my doctor), 'Listen, I don't want to go to a therapist. I have nothing against therapists. I want to think I can do this on my own.' And she recommended that I try a medication. … Now I can sit here; I can go into a store; I can handle a photo shoot. I'm able to get rid of all that stuff in the periphery. It makes everything easier."

On the future: "I want to be a father so badly. I want (kids) one day. Not now. … I would love to adopt. There's an orphanage not too far from my house, and I've been up before with church. I always thought, 'What happens to those kids who have the potential to go to college but just can't afford it?' I've been thinking a lot lately about finding a way to pay for one of those kids to go to college."

For more on this story, pick up PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

==========================

I don't normally lick my computer screen before 10:00am, but dayum, the picture they used is gorgeous. :P

Clay Aiken Confesses Fear, Panic Attacks

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/FallConcert/stor...4292&page=1

Sept. 20, 2006 — He was the North Carolina boy who made it big on "American Idol."

But for Clay Aiken, fame came with a price.

"Clay, don't take this the wrong way, but I prefer you when I shut my eyes," said "Idol" judge Simon Cowell to Aiken after one performance.

It was one thing to smile through the brutal poison darts fired off by Cowell, but yet another to be Aiken this past year.

The tabloids took aim at everything from his sexual orientation to his mental equilibrium.

The late-night comedians launched a nonstop assault, making jokes that were initially funny to Aiken but eventually took their toll.

So this year, Aiken moved back home to Raleigh.

"I need to get out of Hollywood," he told Diane Sawyer on "Good Morning America."

Familiar With Hard Times

Aiken, the geeky, skinny kid, who was bullied by his classmates, is no stranger to tough times.

He experienced the trauma of his sister's suicide and has worried about his brother, a Marine now fighting in Iraq.

"I always prided myself on the fact that I was able to handle this on my own, pray about it, talk to my family, talk to my friends, and just get through it, you know, being tough," Aiken said.

But eventually the fame and ferocity of public inspection started to take a physical toll when he walked into a public room.

He often felt like he was going to have a heart attack when he would make public appearances. So, Aiken decided to talk to his doctor.

"I said, 'Listen, here's the, here's the thing. I don't understand why I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack when I go into these rooms. I don't get it," he said.

Aiken's doctor said that he was experiencing symptoms of panic attacks.

"When I am in the room, the walls are closing in on me and my heart races, and I didn't understand it," Aiken said. "I would look back and say, 'Why are your, why are your palms sweaty? What's the problem?'"

Still Comfortable When Performing

Aiken never had stage fright or nervousness when performing.

He tried a series of medications, but the one that worked was a drug for depression and anxiety, Paxil.

"I've probably been bullied on a far larger scale since I've done this ['American Idol']," he said.

Doctors say panic attacks are often complex and a bit mysterious. Aiken said he had his first panic attack when his stepfather, Ray Parker, died several years ago.

"Clayton had a really hard time with that," Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, said in 2003. "And [Aiken] was in emergency for about three hours before we could back to the room and get things settled. … He took that very hard."

Aiken was taken to the hospital after his first panic attack. His family told emergency-room doctors that he had a strained relationship with his stepfather.

"[The doctor] said, 'That's interesting,'" Aiken said. "He said, 'I could tell because a lot of times people who don't have a great relationship with, with the deceased, tend to take it harder.' I think that had a lot to do with regret. … I never got a chance to tell him that I loved him."

Not Worried About Addiction, Not in Therapy

Aiken, who said he was not a fan of medicine, is not worried about getting addicted to Paxil, as he had been in the past about other anti-anxiety drugs.

"Some of these other things where I would, I would try something and then it would work and then the next time, I'd go back and OK, I think I need to take two," he said.

Despite the drug, he's not in therapy.

"Nobody who I know, first of all, in North Carolina goes to see anybody," he said. "Everybody who I know in LA goes to see somebody. I mean, I don't want to do that."

But the kid who everybody back home calls Clayton says he won't run and hide.

He's got a new album of love songs.

Aiken is also a self-deprecating ambassador for UNICEF. He's traveled to Uganda to see children who have to flee from guerrillas every night.

"They sang for me [at one camp] in Gulu in Uganda and … it was really impressive," he said. "Then they asked me to sing, and I looked around like well, I don't know what to sing. And someone said sing 'Bridge Over Troubled Water.'"

"I sang it, and they just laughed," he said. "I was a comedy act for them that day."

Talk-Show Dreams

Aiken is also a self-described news junkie who said his ultimate dream was to have a talk show.

He got a shot at his dream on "Good Morning America" today.

"I can ask you, 'Well have you, have you seen a therapist, Diane, recently?'" he asked Sawyer in a mock interview.

Aiken went on to tell Sawyer what her "issues" were.

"You obviously have a very busy schedule, you know. You get up at three o'clock in the morning right and you don't go home until nine o'clock at night," he said. "Why? Why would you continue to do it?"

Still, while Aiken is laughing one minute, he is vulnerable the next.

Although he thinks of himself as "pretty durable," he says that bullies in middle school had nothing on the tabloids.

Watch "Good Morning America" Thursday for more of Aiken's revelations on what tabloids are saying about him and whether it's fair to comment on the sex lives of public figures.

I love me some Clay.

Just some? I love ALL of Clay.

I've never been more proud to be a fan of his. Ever. He makes my heart sing.

Ditto....Love him more than ever...so proud of him and will support whatever he wants to do with these rumors...complete denial...be vague or even comfirm...(heh) won't matter...what is best for him and his peace of mind is what I want.

See...I am in a quandry here...I was hoping he would sell around 300K...

I did want him to have a CD of originals...

I did want him to have a great single that would be played all over the radio...

I did want him to have a critically acclaimed CD...

BUT

from tracking the CD sales it seems he is projected to have the highest debut CD this week...

the are saying he will sell at least 200K

He probably won;t get top 40 radio with this CD

and as predicted the reveiwers are mostly dismissing his CD...

strangely enough...I am not stressing!!!

I am not bitter about RCA...

I am not bitter about CLive...at least not anymore...*g*

I am still optimistic that he will end up north of 250K

I am looking forward to his interviews and People feature

I still think he can get some radio play with his next single.

I think this CD has a chance to have legs.

I think we will have a new CD from Clay sooner than we think

I think he will have more writing credits on that and he will try to have as much original material as possible.

The fact that Clay didn;t repeat his phenomenal 1st week fro MOAM may push RCA to do more promo for this album

I think this CD will have more legs cos now Clay's story is getting big and I predict he will ahave more TV opportunities.

Clay seem happy and I think he will be just fine.

My scrolling finger is getting tired... :D

SO...although I didn't get all I want and I know that RCA could've done a better job, I am not really upset about anything...I don't know if I should continue reading the boards.

hmmm.....ATDW is calling me...maybe I should just listen to the beautiful voice.

who are we kidding...the drama can be addictive... :)

F*ck 'em all. Clay is Clay and I love the man and the voice and all the body parts attached. I don't care about numbers, other than I hope he continues to sell enough to make some profits for the asshats who decide whether he gets to keep singing to me and making records and tour and whatnot.

Is he gay? Enough already.

Should he say? Enough already.

Would you go away if he were to say so? Enough already.

Would it make you stay if he were to say no? Enough already.

This man (and what a man!) has a right to live a life without constantly being asked the question, "Are you gay?" WTF? To whom does the answer matter?---certainly not whatever "JOURNALIST" insists on making that the focal point of an interview (IMO)...

The only ones who should care are

The women who have a real shot of gettin' some of that prime Aiken stuff...or

The men who still think they have a real shot of gettin' some of that prime Aiken stuff (even though he's said he's not available for them)

Since I'm in neither of those categories (DAMNit!)...I only care that he's freakin' gorgeous and hot and causes me to think thoughts and make sounds and do things I used to think and make and do a whole HELLUVA lot :P when I was in my 20s and 30s AND he makes me happy and feel lucky to be able to listen to him.

Enough already. Bottle, I'll join you here... :wein::drink::trink4: :704: :bier: :voll:

I'll even throw in an extra treat! Muski Karaoke! :party045:

:wein:

edited because I'm an honest person and those things I did and said and thought really DID happen more than just a lot....a HELLUVA lot is a helluva lot more honest. hee.

Edited by muskifest

blows kisses at ansa

How perfectly reasonable of you!

blows kisses at muski

marks muski off her list of those in competition for prime Aiken stuff...comtemplates on how to eliminate the rest...

blows kisses at bottle

as it seems she's left all the long island ice tea for moi!

DUDES!
CHUG :bier: CHUG :bier:CHUG :bier:

I was just at Target, and thinking that another ATDW might fall into my cart (I'm only up to six, and I might be able to pass off a couple of those), but I didn't want to take the last remaining Clay Aiken CD on display in the store. Hopefully, that's a good thing, 'cause I think the store is pretty quick about restocking. I'm sure I'll be back there on Saturday or so (I loves me some Target) and I'll check again then.

Clay, dude, my eggs are getting to their "Use By" date, but I'm willing to contribute to the cause. Call me! ;)

============================
PANTSAVI.pngHOLY CROTCH SHOT! PANTSAVI.png

Peoplemag.jpg

A glimpse of the sure-to-be bestselling People magazine spread. Hee! Edited by bottlecap

Excellent posts at the CH K'Andre, Good for you Ansa, have a little more to drink Bottlecap Waves to Ldyjocelyn and Muskifest.

Can I hide out here a little while, I don't feel like fighting with anyone and I don't see ho I can post anywhere else right now?

HDD - pfft, I think they may have been downplaying the figures because of the idol buying on the first day stuff. There was not as big an Amazon purchase as before. I ony bought 1 from them. I was going to buy another on a different date, but they did not have anything else I wanted at the same time. And they would have had fine homes with people I know who burn, not buy. Now I have to buy another in the store when I go and I guess the two birthday presents I need to buy will now be CDs - this is a way to cheap out on them. So I think that this time Clay will have purchases spread out over the next few days. Does HDD look at I tunes as well? It seems like Clay is doing well there, I think more people bought off there because of the bonus song. I know we did this year, and did not do it before.

As far as Justin Timberlake, ick, Do not like himor his icky explicit lyric songs. Just my taste.

I do wish RCA had referred to Clay as recording classics instead of covers, but what is, is. The album is here, the promotion is here and the fans will just have to deal.

The party last night was small, but we did sell a couple of CDs to the Radio intern and his technician.

Anyone here need the party pin? I kind of er estimated the number of people who would show and we have some left.

Okay, where do I sign-up to participate in The Insider's "Big Clay Blow-out" tomorrow, or does he limit himself to blonde anchor chicks?

What.

What are you talking about????

how many drinks have you had??? :D

Ansa, that was how my version of The Insider promo'ed tomorrow's Clay interview with Lara Spencer. :blink: Just amusin' mahself - guess you had to be there.

Hee...why don;t we have insider here...

is the clack up yet.. :D

eta: thanks for the info Bottle...will check it out.

Ansa, it's the end of The Insider_ClayGMA_Preview - it's up at the CH. Lara Spencer ends by saying "Tomorrow is our big Clay blow-out" which amused me for some reason. BTW, the early download version is completely different from what I saw at 7:30 - my show looked like an actual interview took place, with Clay wearing different clothes then when he was on-set for the CD promo piece.

Good evening folks,

I rewatched this morning episode just a few minutes ago. I just loved it and I love the man. I love him because he can laugh at himself and then as Diane Sawyer said about being completely vunerable. It is so true. I just roared with laughter at some of the things that were said but he also broke my heart with some of the questions to. How can the HAIR be so charming, sweet, and send your hormones raging, then the next moment, you just want to wrap your arms around him and tell him "Baby it's going to be okay". I read everybodies messages today and took away a lot of the different responses. Everybody is so intelligent on here and then there is just me!!. LOL. So I will just go and do this

:wein: and then some of this drinking some more.

Off to wait until tomorrows episode. Can't wait to hear from Clay has to say in the morning. I know it will at least be interesting.

G

A sorta-like almost-maybe conversion story....

So tonight Kenny and I went to the high school's open house and went through an abbreivated class schedule of our teenaged daughter---met the teachers, found out what's happnin', etc. On the way home we stopped at Safeway and Kenny ran in to get a bottle of wine. We both need it tonight. So while he was in the store, I turned on the car and put in my downloaded copy of ATDW from my iTunes purchase...and listened to LAA on the awesome stereo in hubby's car.

I'm so sly.

Then when I saw Kenny getting back to the car, I quickly started the song over. Kenny got in, buckled up...I didn't say a word, just kept listening. He didn't say anything, just started to drive. Clay's incredible voice filled the car...

Kenny reached over to the stereo controls. :unsure: I figured my time had run out.

:bawling:

Then....my wonderful hubby TURNED UP THE VOLUME! :eek3:

I had to turn my face to the window so he wouldn't see me smiling. We just drove home in silence, listening...unfortunately, home is really close to Safeway so we couldn't finish the whole song....but as we pulled up to the house, I said, "Isn't that cello beautiful?" (I'm so sly. :cool: )

"Yeah...it's great...this sounds really good."

"Clay wrote that."

"It's really good. Here. You wanna take your CD?"

"No, I'll just keep it in this car for when I'm driving it."

And I quickly got out of the car before he parked it. :nod:

Hee. :whistle:

Edited by muskifest